• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT: OU/UU

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Overview
Spr_4d_260.png
Spr_4h_227.png
Spr_4p_197.png
Spr_4d_145.png
Spr_4h_130_m.png
Spr_4d_344.png

This team is mainly Defensive and is only played in 4 OU (max) 2 UU/NU matches. The residual damage is pretty essential and I find most people aren't prepared for Whirl Wind and Roaring. I'd like to get rid of one OU so I can play in 3 OU 3 UU/NU matches, the most likely would be Gyrados since I find it so over used. The main problem for this team is Hipowdon, and most Swords Dancers so that needs fixed. Anyway, please rate and comment :)

Spr_4d_260.png

Swampert@Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Stealth Rock
Ice Beam
Earth Quake
Surf
Stealth Rock lead, I don't really mind what moves it has apart from Stealth Rock. Has a lot of trouble with Hippowdon leads but it always gets Stealth Rock off before being roared away.

Spr_4h_227.png

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish
252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp.def (not sure though)
Spikes
Roost
Brave Bird
Whirlwind
Spikes Support and Phazer, can't really see any way in which this could be improved. When using this it's surprising how manytimes I can stay in on a fire type. Everyone expects me to switch so use another move, instead of switching I whirlwind them away.
File:Spr_4p_197.png
Spr_4p_197.png

Umbreon@Leftovers
Sassy
252 HP/252 Sp.def/6 Atk
Toxic
Wish
Payback
Taunt
My main Special wall, it's my oldest Pokemon and I've perfected it's move set and Evs over countless battles. You might say Moon Light would do better on this set but I find that Sandstorm is too common to ignore. And since Wish heals on the second tur it can heal any damage Umbreon recieves in between. Out of all of the Pokemon this is my favourite and I will not replace it.

File:Spr_4d_145.png
Spr_4d_145.png

Zapdos@Leftovers
Bold
248 HP/224 SpD/36 Spe
Discharge
Roar
Roost
Heat Wave
My second Specially defensive wall. As well as roar to get up that extra Stealth Rock/Spikes damage this is my Scizor check. Discharge is there over Tbolt for the Paralysis chance, which helps a lot.

File:Spr_4h_130_m.png
Spr_4h_130_m.png

Gyarados@Life Orb
Serious (I know that's bad)
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp (I really have no idea on any of it's Evs, but thy're close to this)
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Stone Edge
The only one of my Pokemon which can comfortably revenge kill a +2 Lucario. It can come in on most things and KO but takes wuite a lot of prediction.
Spr_4d_344.png

Claydol@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/144 Def/114 SpA
Rapid Spin
Earth Power
Shadow Ball
Psychic
A Rapid Spin blocker is essential on this set and Claydol seems to be the best option, in UU. It can also Rapid Spin any of the opponents SR S TS out. Psychic is just for extra coverage.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I find most people aren't prepared for Whirl Wind and Roaring.
Semi-Stall is the most common movestyle in the game currently.

Anyway I suggest using a Ghost like Rotom-A since if a Rapid Spinner comes in you lose all your Spikes and SR.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Semi-Stall is the most common movestyle in the game currently.

Anyway I suggest using a Ghost like Rotom-A since if a Rapid Spinner comes in you lose all your Spikes and SR.

I agree with this. Rotom > Zapdos.

A Rapid Spin blocker is essential on this set and Claydol seems to be the best option, in UU

I lol'd.

Also Umbreon wants Protect or it loses to 3HKOs with Wish. :/

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Overview
Spr_4d_260.png
Spr_4h_227.png
Spr_4p_197.png
Spr_4d_145.png
Spr_4h_130_m.png
Spr_4d_344.png

This team is mainly Defensive and is only played in 4 OU (max) 2 UU/NU matches. The residual damage is pretty essential and I find most people aren't prepared for Whirl Wind and Roaring. I'd like to get rid of one OU so I can play in 3 OU 3 UU/NU matches, the most likely would be Gyrados since I find it so over used. The main problem for this team is Hipowdon, and most Swords Dancers so that needs fixed. Anyway, please rate and comment :)

Spr_4d_260.png

Swampert@Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Stealth Rock
Ice Beam
Earth Quake
Roar
Stealth Rock lead, I don't really mind what moves it has apart from Stealth Rock. Has a lot of trouble with Hippowdon leads but it always gets Stealth Rock off before being roared away.

Surf doesn't grant you any additional coverage and Roar is excellent for Phazing out stuff/racking up SR damage/seeing more of his team.

Spr_4h_227.png

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish
252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe
Spikes
Roost
Brave Bird
Whirlwind
Spikes Support and Phazer, can't really see any way in which this could be improved. When using this it's surprising how manytimes I can stay in on a fire type. Everyone expects me to switch so use another move, instead of switching I whirlwind them away.

That spread works better, it'll allow you to beat standard CBTar the Atk EV's help to 2HKO some stuff like Gyarados after SR.

Spr_4p_197.png

Umbreon@Leftovers
Sassy
252 HP/252 Sp.def/6 Atk
Toxic
Wish
Payback
Taunt / Protect
My main Special wall, it's my oldest Pokemon and I've perfected it's move set and Evs over countless battles. You might say Moon Light would do better on this set but I find that Sandstorm is too common to ignore. And since Wish heals on the second tur it can heal any damage Umbreon recieves in between. Out of all of the Pokemon this is my favourite and I will not replace it.

k. But you'd want Protect to get recovery with Wish without taking a hit.

Spr_4d_145.png

Zapdos@Leftovers
Bold
248 HP/224 SpD/36 Spe
Discharge
Roar
Roost
Heat Wave
My second Specially defensive wall. As well as roar to get up that extra Stealth Rock/Spikes damage this is my Scizor check. Discharge is there over Tbolt for the Paralysis chance, which helps a lot.

k.

File:Spr_4h_130_m.png
Spr_4h_130_m.png

Gyarados@Life Orb
Adamant (I know that's bad)
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp (I really have no idea on any of it's Evs, but thy're close to this)
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang / Stone Edge
Earthquake
The only one of my Pokemon which can comfortably revenge kill a +2 Lucario. It can come in on most things and KO but takes wuite a lot of prediction.

EQ is essential to hit stuff like Metagross/Jirachi and something to smack around Electric-types. Adamant is much better then Serious since the power lets you net a few more OHKO's.

Spr_4d_344.png

Claydol@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/144 Def/114 SpA
Rapid Spin
Earth Power
Shadow Ball
Psychic
A Rapid Spin blocker is essential on this set and Claydol seems to be the best option, in UU. It can also Rapid Spin any of the opponents SR S TS out. Psychic is just for extra coverage.

Claydol isn't a Ghost-type though o.e
Anyways there's no use in having lots of residual damage without a spin-blocker, I can't honestly see what Zapdos is really doing so Rotom-A > Zapdos would work, preventing them from spinning away your hard-earned Spikes/SR. The STalker set can work

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
Nature : Bold
EV : 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Discharge
- Will-O-Wisp

You could also consider running Forretress > Skarmory and replacing Claydol with something like ScarfRachi to revenge-kill anything that gets out of hand and Trick it's Scarf to end late-game sweeps incase Swampert can't Phaze it.

Good luck with this team.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Yeah, very helpful, thanks for that.

@Pokedra: I'll try some of the stuff on there. Protect seems good and EQ too. And I had a look at Rotom A and Jirachi's stats and they look better than Claydol (who I seriously thought was a ghost type...) and Zapdos. Thanks :)

Back