• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to battling. Rate my team.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
I'm new to battling. I think this is a pretty good team. You tell me what you think.

Haxorus @ Choice Band
252 Attack/252 Speed
Adamant
Mold Breaker
Outrage
Earthquake
Brick Break
Dual Chop

Alakazam @ Life Orb
252 SpA/252 Speed
Timid
Magic Guard
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Psychic
Shadow Ball

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
252 Attack/252 speed
Jolly
U-Turn
Earthquake
Hammer Arm
Stone Edge

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
252 Attack/252 Speed
Naive
Skill Link
Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Hydro Pump

Volcarona @ Chestoberry
160hp/252 SpA/96 Speed
Rest
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
Morning Sun

Scrafty @ Leftovers
252 Attack/252 Speed
Jolly
Moxie
Dragon Dance
Hi Jump Kick
Crunch
Ice Punch

Anyways, some of these items are placeholders. Tell me what you think. Keep in mind that this is an OU team.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Charcoal doesn't do Volcarona much, aside from boosting Fiery Dance. You'll have to use Leftovers to heal passively. Also, that set you're using is better suited to a Sun team, when Morning Sun will almost totally heal you. This set is better in non-Sun teams:
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Rest
Nature: Modest
EVs: 160 HP/252 SAtk/96 Spe
Item: Chesto Berry

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
Charcoal doesn't do Volcarona much, aside from boosting Fiery Dance. You'll have to use Leftovers to heal passively. Also, that set you're using is better suited to a Sun team, when Morning Sun will almost totally heal you. This set is better in non-Sun teams:
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Rest
Nature: Modest
EVs: 160 HP/252 SAtk/96 Spe
Item: Chesto Berry

Thanks for the advice. I just replaced my Volcarona with my Chestorest Volcarona.

Years
You can put 4 other evs into hp too. Landorus should use Hidden Power Ice over Hammer Arm to beat other Landorus and Gliscor.

You should replace Dual Chop or Outrage on Haxorus with Dragon Dance or Swords Dance because Haxorus needs only one STAB.

Cloyster use Focus Sash over White Herb because even without the drop of stats, Cloyster can't take a Special hit.

Last edited:

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
SD and DD would be useless as he is using a Choice Band. Dual Chop is there for breaking sashes and sturdy, and subs, and Outrage is there for pretty much wasting whatever doesn't resist it. And both of those on one of Smogon's sets so it's redundant for a reason.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
You can put 4 other evs into hp too. Landorus should use Hidden Power Ice over Hammer Arm to beat other Landorus and Gliscor.

You should replace Dual Chop or Outrage on Haxorus with Dragon Dance or Swords Dance because Haxorus needs only one STAB.

Cloyster use Focus Sash over White Herb because even without the drop of stats, Cloyster can't take a Special hit.

I would use HP Ice. The only problem is the fact that my Landorus has HP Ghost instead. As for the 4 extra EVs, I don't really bother to mention what they're invested in. 1 point is just too miniscule to bother mentioning.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
Your Haxorus is good, but it's going to struggle behind... well, almost everything. I would recommend giving it a choice scarf with Rock Slide instead of Dual Chop.

Surf over Hydro Pump with your Cloyster. You're going to want the reliability after setting up a Shell Smash.

Really my only suggestions.

Back