• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Titans: Reborn [Sign ups open]

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years
Yo, guys. After much encouragement by a few of you, I've begun work on this again. I realize Titans has been in a coma for a while, but seeing most of you state your interest in continuing has showed me it's worth pressing on. Got some exciting plans coming up, and with a smaller cast, we should be able to power through.

The OP has been updated with the people who are still around. I'm also opening sign-ups again, because we have the room, and some new blood could be exactly what we need right now.

Right now you'll have your characters make your way to the resistance base. Upon getting there, you can either ask for a quick JP or insert from me to recieve a mission directly from one of the NPCs, or you may simply select one off of the list below. If you choose the latter, the mission will have been sent to your transceiver.

For any potential new players reading this and wondering your character may fit in, you will start off at the same spot as the others, travelling to the resistance base to begin working against the evil Meta Force.

If you are one of the folks that I left on the player list, but find yourself not wanting/unable to continue, please let me know.

That's about it, guys. Was about to bury this thing, but it's actually been really refreshing to write for again. Hoping that it will feel the same for you all.

(I had some questions regarding the resistance base a while ago, but I ended up deciding not to make an entire GM post detailing it after all. It's an underground complex, home to the resistance members, but feel free to use your imagination. Shoot me a PM for further questions.)

Resistance Missions:
Spoiler:

Years
Welp, here we go. Been a while since I first wanted to sign up, but oh well. Better late than never!

Name: Ashley Richards aka Icarus

Appearance/Attire: The first thing people usually notice about Ashley is her height and her hair. her body tall at six foot two inches is topped at the top of her head by ashen grey hair pulled back into a ponytail reaching just past her neck. On top of being taller than average, her build is rather slight as well being skinny for her age and height. Not unhealthy by any means, but certainly doesn't look like she could take much of a fight. Her facial features are mostly sharp and angular, and her resting face always looks unpleased, giving off the impression of a very unapproachable woman who takes everything seriously. Her sharp blue eyes are always darting from place to place, always scanning and never really trusting anyone.

Ashley wears for the most part would be considered normal street clothes for someone of her age, typically a standard t-shirt and jeans, but he never goes anywhere without an old faded bomber jacket, although it looks fairly good for being at least twenty or so years old. It somewhat hard to notice unless you are really looking for it, but there are two slits on the back usually held closed by magnets she slipped into the material. When she unfurls his wings they shoot out through these two slots and expand to their full width, a total of a nine foot wingspan of dark brown wings on the back with a lighter cream colored brown speckled with black dots on the underside.

Personality: Despite her rather unwelcoming appearance, Ashley actually really likes people and always tries to be around others. Not that she trusts them, not at first at least. But at least the companionship makes her feel more comfortable. Neither does she really talk much, especially about herself. She is slightly ashamed among those of the resistance, embarrassed about her past as a winged thief, particularly among those who think themselves especially noble among the Resistance.

Unlike many in the Resistance, she doesn't really have any strict sort of morals. Her moral compass has been blurred over the years as she struggled to provide for herself. To her, getting the job done is more important than how you do it, disregarding what might have to be sacrificed for doing so. Because of that, some in the Resistance have thought of her as somewhat dangerous during her short time there, thinking that eventually she might endanger her teammates in trying to accomplish her goals. Her mentors are slowly coaxing her to slow down more and work together with others as a team, but it's a slow process.

Powers/abilities/weapons/etc: Ashley has a pair of wings that she keeps hidden usually on the inside of her jacket that fold fairly close to her back and sides, allowing her to pass as a normal person most of the time. She is quite practiced at extending these wings out through the precut slits in her jacket she cut and disguised quite well. Her wings similar to a peregrine falcon's in appearance extend a total of about eight or nine feet for a total wingspan. Because of how her body was altered, it is much lighter than a normal human's, having hollow bones similar to birds, allowing her wings to be able to carry her off the ground and to fly at significant speeds, upwards of 150-170 mph during a full dive.

Other than flying Ashley has a few other abilities up her sleeve as well. Her eyes have a thin membrane that cover them allowing her to keep his eyes open when flying without drying out or being damaged by small debris, although she usually wears a pair of ski goggles just in case, particularly if she expects a fight. Her sense of vision is also increased on top of that, being able to see things significantly farther than any normal human. Other more irritating avian abilities she gained are an ungodly metabolism to fuel her body, meaning she has to eat way more than the average human. Her heartbeat is also significantly higher than humans as well, usually around 150-170 bpm when resting.

As for weapons, she really doesn't have much in terms of natural weapons. To defend herself she wields a staff of wood about five feet long swinging it at his target as she flies by. Other than that, her weapons are fairly standard, pocket knife, a couple years of karate her mom signed her up for.

Origin Story (history): Ashley first gained her powers about ten years ago as a child of about thirteen years old. What should have been a normal doctor's visit getting the standard vaccinations turned into something certainly not standard. Apparently some twisted doctor got the idea into his head after hearing about the mutants popping up here or there to make a few of his own by replacing vaccines with genetic mutation strains instead. A few weeks after the visit she started complaining to her mom about back pains. Her mom just dismissed this as the growing pains of a young child, thinking nothing of it. They also couldn't afford going to the doctor very often as well, so the problem was mostly ignored. Ignored until about two months after that when Ashley's mother noticed two tiny wings protruding from her daughter's back when she was coming out of the shower.

Now any normal parent would immediately bring their child to the doctor. Ashley's mother on the other hand, managed to convince the family to keep the matter quiet. After all, if the government were to discover, they might take their daughter for experimental testing or at the very least keep her under lock and key or some other strict surveillance. So instead Ashely was pulled out of public school and was homeschooled as well as strictly instructed never to leave the house. A rule she blatantly disobeyed more times than she could count.

Her strange childhood passed as such. She managed to complete online school with barely passable grades, although mostly from lack of trying. Her mother eventually got fed up with trying to keep her from leaving the house, then got fed up with the family altogether. Her father, a drug addict as well as alcoholic couldn't care less whether his wife stayed or left at that point. Within weeks of her mom leaving, a nineteen year old Ashley left her father's house to live with her older brother, really the only family left that actually cared for her. She managed to stay under the radar for the most part from anybody who might be interested in her, but having a pair of wings makes it hard to get a steady job, nevermind even leaving the house. So Ashley for a while turned to a life of crime, becoming a mugger and purse snatcher, helping her brother make ends meet with her stolen goods. Until eventually she mugged the wrong person, a member of the resistance against the Meta-Force. Rather than beating Ashley into a pulp (which with his abilities he certainly could have) the Resistance member followed her, and eventually managed to convince her to join the Resistance.

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Years
Why, oh why are these all stealth and subterfuge missions? It's a bad day to have light-based powers!

Star Gazer will take [Recover], then. I foresee a chase/fight scene.

Chemist Wooper

AIN'T HOT, M8
Years
lol I lied

Ian Romano aka Conjure

--=-- AGE : 21 =--= GENDER : MALE --=--

WEAPON/POWERS: His hands allows him to use different emotions to his command, usually making constructs instead of manipulation. He can make many different constructs, like a sword, energy blasts, people, etc. etc.
APPEARANCE: Ian is a narrow and black-ish brown haired person with a average weight and is at a moderate 5'4 height, nothing really werid.
ATTIRE: Nerdy Glasses. A long sleeved t-shirt and some jeans. Maybe Nike Airs once in a while. Basically normal street clothes.

ORIGIN: Ian Romano was born July 4 and his mother was English and father was Italian. He was taught to speak both languages at a very early age, now very fluent in both languages. He went to school like a normal child. His powers weren't fully discovered until he tried to enter college. He had went to the doctor's a few days before his school started and he had started to do weird things, he would see things that others couldn't. He had told his doctor and the doctor preformed a CAT scan. The doctor had found a power probe inside of his brain which had developed during his child years. Ian went through college pretty fine.

The only reason why Ian met the resistance because of one night when he attacked by a stranger. The stranger had asked for Ian's ID specifically. He had given it to him, and the stranger nodded slowly. And that stranger had told him where to join the Resistance where to find a resistance safehouse where Ian had found.

Spoiler: Roleplay Sample
Ian walked around in his hoodie around the block, hands in pocket. He thought about how he got his powers. He remembered a doctor. What was his name? Doctor... Doctor Gelij. And he had told him about his power and has kept it a secret. "Must've been hard keeping my secret huh?" " He probably wanted to tell everyone. But It seemed like he kept his mouth shut." Ian, with a snap of his fingers had made a door in front glowing with a white-ish glow.

Ian had now been in his home, his safeplace. Ian had remember his mother and father's warmth when he came home every evening. He had loved those days, but they were over now. He lived by himself, and he believed he would find someone he liked soon. But for now, he focused on what was going on right now. Like the guy who asked for his ID. What did he want? nd where do the directions lead to? He going to find out.

PERSONALITY: Because of his control of the emotions, he has mixed emtions, and he shows many them at one time or another.

(picture will be added don't worry dude)

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
Claiming Trial Of Wit too.

First things first, welcome to the RPT, please make sure to read the rules section.

Now, before you go claiming things for the RP you need to be accepted first; as there may be issues with the SU that need to be looked over. I haven't read it, but i'm sure Doof will get to it as soon as he can.

Second, We prefer if you don't post multiple times in a row in the same thread please. If you have many things that need to be said you should just edit them into the post.

Chemist Wooper

AIN'T HOT, M8
Years
First things first, welcome to the RPT, please make sure to read the rules section.

Now, before you go claiming things for the RP you need to be accepted first; as there may be issues with the SU that need to be looked over. I haven't read it, but i'm sure Doof will get to it as soon as he can.

Second, We prefer if you don't post multiple times in a row in the same thread please. If you have many things that need to be said you should just edit them into the post.

I only did this because I didn't know it had to be in the post and Ill fix some issues that stand out.

Back