• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lugia vs ho oh (who would win this is a vote kinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
How is it unreliable? Please explain!

Lugia used Waterfall
Ho-Oh got hurt
Ho-Oh used Sacred Fire
Lugia got hurt
Lugia got burned
Lugia's attack halves
Lugia used Waterfall
Ho-Oh was barely scratched
Ho-Oh used Roost

Burn stall

Lugia is faster than Ho-Oh which means Lugia can knock it out first. With one powerful AncientPower, Ho-Oh bites the dust

Yeah, except it doesn't. Read my posts.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Can you prove this? No! Also, 50percent chance of burn is half. out of 5 moves, 2 or 3 will burn. Also, even if still burnt, Lugia might do a lot of damage with waterfall! You can't tell so this argument could go both ways. (I still think Lugia cos of Ancientpower!)

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
Can you prove this? No! Also, 50percent chance of burn is half. out of 5 moves, 2 or 3 will burn. Also, even if still burnt, Lugia might do a lot of damage with waterfall! You can't tell so this argument could go both ways. (I still think Lugia cos of Ancientpower!)

No...Stop, you are making no sense. I know Waterfall will do little after a burn because I know how to play in the competative Pokemon Metagame. I SEE burned foes who would usually 2HKO make a measly 4HKO. And Ho-Oh has Base 154 SpD, Lugia cannot even muster a Base 100 SpA.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
So? Your also forgetting about Lugia's Def and Sp. Def. Sp. Def on Lugia is quite hight, so Sacred Fire wouldn't do that much on Lugia than you were saying. Can we stop this argument as it can go either way, Both could win. I'm just saying that I think Lugia can win, and proving why I think why, not that Lugia will win for sure. All right?

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
So? Your also forgetting about Lugia's Def and Sp. Def. Sp. Def on Lugia is quite hight, so Sacred Fire wouldn't do that much on Lugia than you were saying. Can we stop this argument as it can go either way, Both could win. I'm just saying that I think Lugia can win, and proving why I think why, not that Lugia will win for sure. All right?

Lugia cannot stop Burn from eating away at it's HP, but fine. We'll cease this argument.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
Lugia's Sp Def is quite good, isn't it? Sacred Fire wouldn't do as much as you said. Anyway I'm only saying what I think, not what may happen. Who knows, Lugia might win, Ho-oh might win. I'm saying my opinion and just trying to back my opinion up. Doesn't mean that Lugia will win, for all we know.

Sacred Fire is a physical fire move. This shows me your lack of knowledge on basic metagame elements.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Lugia cannot stop Burn from eating away at it's HP.

Well it can but with an item or a berry. So i didn't know Sacred Fire was a Physical Move. Only 1 or 2 Pokemon know it. Anyway, it still wouldn't do as much as you said it would. Anyway, argument over as it could go either way.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Who uses a Focus Sash on a Ratatta? People with strategies and who know of other peoples tactics

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
Your both fanboys its not that important stop bickering about it

Why would you come into the middle of an argument with your retarded post, completely off topic? You disgrace everyone.

Who uses a Focus Sash on a Ratatta? People with strategies and who know of other peoples tactics

Morons? FEAR is an overrated, easy to counter tactic.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Just proving a point. You gave away that Ho-Oh could burn Lugia, and that's one of the only ways to stop burns.

Can we just stop arguing and posting on this thread? I don't give up, I'm just getting annoyed with you and your belief of what I'm saying will not happen and your always right. Don't argue with me Vance, as I will now not argue back.

Sora_8920

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Just proving a point. You gave away that Ho-Oh could burn Lugia, and that's one of the only ways to stop burns.

Can we just stop arguing and posting on this thread? I don't give up, I'm just getting annoyed with you and your belief of what I'm saying will not happen and your always right. Don't argue with me Vance, as I will now not argue back.

Huh? What the fack? He didn't say anywhere he was always right. |D

Years
Ok well I'm not trying to get in an argument about this, but I think it would be a close battle. If I had to choose I would choose Lugia, but thats just basing it on type and certain moves like ancient power. But yea to close to tell.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
Years
No...Stop, you are making no sense. I know Waterfall will do little after a burn because I know how to play in the competative Pokemon Metagame. I SEE burned foes who would usually 2HKO make a measly 4HKO. And Ho-Oh has Base 154 SpD, Lugia cannot even muster a Base 100 SpA.

And Sacred Fire is only 1x effective against Lugia, and Lugia also has 130 base Def, as well as base 154 SpD. Let Lugia do an Ancientpower to start (with higher speed to boot) and it won't OHKO, but it'll be darn close with a 4x weakness, even with that SpD. Lugia can wall the crap out of Ho-Oh with base 130 Def and base 154 SpD, and don't forget it can Thunder Wave.

Remember, we're talking hypothetical, so you have to throw norms out the window. If we're crafting each one to fight the other, I'll go with Lugia with Waterfall, Ancientpower (or maybe even HP Rock if we're building it solely to beat Ho-Oh), Thunderwave, and Roost.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
And Sacred Fire is only 1x effective against Lugia, and Lugia also has 130 base Def, as well as base 154 SpD. Let Lugia do an Ancientpower to start (with higher speed to boot) and it won't OHKO, but it'll be darn close with a 4x weakness, even with that SpD. Lugia can wall the crap out of Ho-Oh with base 130 Def and base 154 SpD, and don't forget it can Thunder Wave.

Remember, we're talking hypothetical, so you have to throw norms out the window. If we're crafting each one to fight the other, I'll go with Lugia with Waterfall, Ancientpower (or maybe even HP Rock if we're building it solely to beat Ho-Oh), Thunderwave, and Roost.

1x Effective means nothing. It has STAB, and burn chance.

Waterfall...Read my post, BURN HALVES ATTACK. Ancientpower coming off a base 90 attack...Would that even OHKO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back