• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Chemistry.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Do you notice when you have a core of Pokemon that you know that you are successful with like 4-5 of them and you cant seem to win with them. Doing different rotations nothing. Then you add just that one pokemon that seems to turn your team around. I did that with a Rotom-W. I added it and I seem to have more improved team.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this themselves.

Anti

return of the king
Years
That seems to suggest a lack of a glue Pokemon. I really like the concept of a team needing a part that is its glue. Rotom-W is basically the Scottie Pippen of glue Pokemon, able to do so many different things for a team within a few different playstyles. Even in gen four wihtout Water typing it could do so much.

But yes, definitely. Getting synergy right isn't always easy or predictable, and it's something I often struggled with. (On a related note, I wasn't a great battler. haha) That's just how team-building is sometimes. But if you get it right and your team begins to win, it can win, which is what can make competitive play so rewarding, at least for me. All three times I actually made a really good team

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
I'd agree glue Pokemon are nice but if your team doesn't work without the said Pokemon then I feel you've definitely got an issue. The glue should be your insurance not your protection.

Getting a team with good synergy is never easy a team with synergy and a glue pokemon will always beat a poor team with a glue pokemon thrown in. So no, I've never had this problem because I make sure everything is in synergy with each other when putting together a team together. But I'd agree there are times when one Pokemon just makes the team so much better.

Back