• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hey how much of a difference is beta 2.3 gonna be with beta 3? cause i dont wanna start beta 2 if beta 3 gonna be tots better and different ;o
At this point in time, you should just wait it out for beta 3 cause beta 3 is a lot more polished and clean cut (better music, movesets, events). A lot of the problems/bugs of beta 2.3 has been fixed. Also, the early beginning parts of the game has once again been fixed up once more to provide an optional incentive for people to restart their games.

Beta 2.3 will still be compatible with beta 3 though. But, you should still play beta 2.3 if you'll like (as a little demo).

Also, check out my beta 3 playguide to learn more about the upcoming beta!
--- BasicPlayGuide

JollyHaxorus

Dragon Type
Years
First time looking into this one.. this look like an amazing hack! I will have to give it a whirl. Two regions in one game sounds pretty sick.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hey Frozen, How far are you on beta 3?
Right now, I am doing a lot of non-linear scripting/side stories/missions. Specifically, I have left to map: Route 63, Conquest Road, and a few water routes to map. As for towns, Powerstone City, Chert Town, and Taejo Pokemon League. As history goes, I am a really fast mapper (since my maps are more simple in remiscent of the classic GSC style).

I don't want to give a release date, but it should be coming soon.
First time looking into this one.. this look like an amazing hack! I will have to give it a whirl. Two regions in one game sounds pretty sick.
Yep. Two completely "full" regions with different cultures and whatnot. The two regions are also very different from each other, which will provide players with a completely new experience.
----------
Well, in a couple of days, I will be "revamping" the main page with the upcoming beta 3 information and updated screens.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Okay this hack is simply A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!(Caps for intensity XD)

okay well now... I absolutely like the idea of a "custom pokedex" where rather majority of people who have been in this thread chose which pokemon will be in this "custom pokedex...(might rather too late to comment that though) but then.. 1 thing bothers me... If you were surfing then you delete the HM then what would happen? HMs were undeletable(new word?) on the spot to stop this though.. and at the 1st part of the game... the majority of my encounters are bonsly it's kinda annoying if battled and you may get underleveled if ran from... might change the encounter rate?(or the game is just trolling me spamming me with bonsly)

Oh and this may be rude but how's the progress coming along?

Edit: Besides from that would you implement E/D/P/Pt's Synchronize Hidden Ability(50% Chance Same Nature on Wild Poke Encounter) and/or Magma Armor/Flame Body Hidden Ability(Half Egg Steps)... and also an IV calculator in game? For those competitive gamers out there... (not a competitive gamer but I'd like to see its implementation if implemented though) oh and I forgot to say Best Wishes and Good Luck to your hack!

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Okay this hack is simply A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!(Caps for intensity XD)

okay well now... I absolutely like the idea of a "custom pokedex" where rather majority of people who have been in this thread chose which pokemon will be in this "custom pokedex...(might rather too late to comment that though) but then.. 1 thing bothers me... If you were surfing then you delete the HM then what would happen? HMs were undeletable(new word?) on the spot to stop this though.. and at the 1st part of the game... the majority of my encounters are bonsly it's kinda annoying if battled and you may get underleveled if ran from... might change the encounter rate?(or the game is just trolling me spamming me with bonsly)

Oh and this may be rude but how's the progress coming along?

Edit: Besides from that would you implement E/D/P/Pt's Synchronize Hidden Ability(50% Chance Same Nature on Wild Poke Encounter) and/or Magma Armor/Flame Body Hidden Ability(Half Egg Steps)... and also an IV calculator in game? For those competitive gamers out there... (not a competitive gamer but I'd like to see its implementation if implemented though) oh and I forgot to say Best Wishes and Good Luck to your hack!
Thanks for the tips and encouragement! Progress is going great. I am only mapping and scripting for now before I re-enter the fun dirty work of hex edits and ASM, hehe. Bear with me on this post cause it's a lot of information regarding the future of this game xD
----------
Actually, the Taejo Dex was just for my personal taste of Pokemon. It is a Pokedex containing most of my favorite Pokemon. I intentionally do not have any Pokemon for the Seijo Dex because I did make posts earlier for whoever wants to have certain Pokemon (or their favorites) for the Seijo Dex.
----------
As for the deleting of the HMs, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. The way that HMs work is a "check script." Upon looking to surf, the water tiles just checks if you have the attack. If you delete surf while surfing, nothing will happen. I had tested this a long time ago, I have not scripted my surf event yet (when you are given the ability to surf). So, in order to test my surfable areas I have created, I write a simple "warpteleport" command script to that surfable tile. What the game does, it automatically puts "you into your surfing mode" once you teleport to that water tile.
----------
Also, due to the given nature of if somehow, somebody ever gets stuck due to an HM scenario... that is 100% impossible since I have only allowed the HM sprite to appear once. Once you destroy it, it would never come back. There will also be a key item called the "Warp Whistle" that will teleport you (like teleport) to your last visited Pokecenter, or maybe, just maybe, I may make it so, you can go to ANY Pokecenter (like the HM Fly mechanic).
----------
Beta 2.5 is severely outdated (Pokemon encounter wise/level balance/whatnot) All of these things have been improved. The encounter rates of certain Pokemon have been a bit screwy in 2.5 and other things such as "where to go next". I nerfed these problems in every single route. Some routes now have "only night Pokemon encounters now." Wild Pokemon switching encounter tables now exist in this game. You can look though my
BasicPlayGuide to see what Pokemon you will now find (as per beta 3 basis).
----------
Things like 4th generation moves/abilities/whatnot, I am very excited to do and implement since I have learned so much about hex editing and rom hacking in general. But those things are at the end of my priority list. Scripting and mapping is the most important thing at the moment because, that is what creates a completed rom hack. Once I am completely done with mapping and scripting for beta 3, I will then update the graphics/give more NPC their actual graphics/implement some 4th generation mechanics/my own creative hex edits and whatnot. I will improvise on what I have already created.
----------
I am also glad that you have mentioned competitive battling because that will be the primary focus of Coaster Island (post Taejo League). Research on the implementation of trainers with EV trained Pokemon have been done, so I will be looking into that section when that time arises.
----------
All in all, with all the other features and whatnot that I may implement (besides the important mapping/scripting) will obviously take more time and push the beta 3 release a little further. But it should be worth it. #End Essay. Hahaha. Whew.
xD

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
It's not actually that you may get stuck it's that it kinda defeats the purpose of HMs but theeenn that's rather good rather than having a Move Deleter in Mid/Post Game or having a Move Deleter every town is also too annoying to add =.=...

And to me tiles is irrelevant it's just the way how you use the tiles that makes it good and Thank *** your scripting is good unlike some other hacks...(not pointing any).. aaaannnd to your Gene Dex, could I suggest something? How 'bout a genetically modified Eevee that can evolve and devolve back? I don't think it's possible in-battle so outside of battle is enough.. You also mentioned evolution stones aren't consumable?(or misread it) and its in the key items so its kinda handy rather than breeding how many times? 12? I think? and please add ditto if you're not agreeing with me with the genetically modified eevee... =D

*just woke up so it's kinda foggy, don't you think?*

Edit: I'm reading your documentation now and about the type chart.... I think fairy type would deal normal or super effective hits on ghosts...and super effective to fighting types if it deals half damage to ghosts... aaaannnnd yay for poison types and ice types!! and grass types seems to be still underpowered though having 5 weaknesses and 6 not very effective to and only being super effective to 4 types =.=

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
It's not actually that you may get stuck it's that it kinda defeats the purpose of HMs but theeenn that's rather good rather than having a Move Deleter in Mid/Post Game or having a Move Deleter every town is also too annoying to add =.=...

And to me tiles is irrelevant it's just the way how you use the tiles that makes it good and Thank *** your scripting is good unlike some other hacks...(not pointing any).. aaaannnd to your Gene Dex, could I suggest something? How 'bout a genetically modified Eevee that can evolve and devolve back? I don't think it's possible in-battle so outside of battle is enough.. You also mentioned evolution stones aren't consumable?(or misread it) and its in the key items so its kinda handy rather than breeding how many times? 12? I think? and please add ditto if you're not agreeing with me with the genetically modified eevee... =D

*just woke up so it's kinda foggy, don't you think?*

Edit: I'm reading your documentation now and about the type chart.... I think fairy type would deal normal or super effective hits on ghosts...and super effective to fighting types if it deals half damage to ghosts... aaaannnnd yay for poison types and ice types!! and grass types seems to be still underpowered though having 5 weaknesses and 6 not very effective to and only being super effective to 4 types =.=
The only stones that are key items are the Gene Stone, Cede Stone (to devolve back) and the secret God Stone... hehe. All other true evolutionary stones are single regular items. For instance, using a Gene Stone on a Pikachu, it will modify into a "G-Pikaboo." It is pink in color and is the Fairy Type. It also be able to learn Flight and Surf, lol.
----------
And yeah, I do have plans for a G-Eevee. You will actually battle one in
Pokéwood City! Haha.
----------
Hmmm, true. I really did that because I wanted the Ghost-Dark Type to have no weaknesses, haha. As for Fighting Types, I guess I may give it the weakness to Fairy. It takes a two second hex edit for that! Hehe. And yeah, I need to give Grass Types more love. Have any ideas?

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
The only stones that are key items are the Gene Stone, Cede Stone (to devolve back) and the secret God Stone... hehe. All other true evolutionary stones are single regular items. For instance, using a Gene Stone on a Pikachu, it will modify into a "G-Pikaboo." It is pink in color and is the Fairy Type. It also be able to learn Flight and Surf, lol.
----------
And yeah, I do have plans for a G-Eevee. You will actually battle one in
Pokéwood City! Haha.
----------
Hmmm, true. I really did that because I wanted the Ghost-Dark Type to have no weaknesses, haha. As for Fighting Types, I guess I may give it the weakness to Fairy. It takes a two second hex edit for that! Hehe. And yeah, I need to give Grass Types more love. Have any ideas?

Other than making Grass types completely immune to Water and make it deal normal damage to its type... I don't have any idea on what to add where Grass is super effective at..

Edit: And the flying type being super effective to Fire, I completely agree with that.. BUUUUUUUUUUUT! It depends on the strength of the wind, it may kill the fire OR make it bigger, not a biggey but I think that's why Flying was neutral to fire :D

Last edited:
Years
Indeed! It will be an in-game event. I'm not exactly sure how I should do it, but it will be fun to do!
Cool, but I'm talking about mp3 soundtracks of the game, that I could actually listen on my computer. Are you planning to release those? It would be great if I could listen to the game's soundtracks in programs like iTunes or Windows Media Player!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Other than making Grass types completely immune to Water and make it deal normal damage to its type... I don't have any idea on what to add where Grass is super effective at..

Edit: And the flying type being super effective to Fire, I completely agree with that.. BUUUUUUUUUUUT! It depends on the strength of the wind, it may kill the fire OR make it bigger, not a biggey but I think that's why Flying was neutral to fire :D
I can see Grass being more of a bulky/defensive typing instead of offensive. The immunity to water seems like a good idea. That's true, as far as the Fire/Flying relation is concerned. But Game Freak always at times had made some weird type effectiveness relations, lol.
Cool, but I'm talking about mp3 soundtracks of the game, that I could actually listen on my computer. Are you planning to release those? It would be great if I could listen to the game's soundtracks in programs like iTunes or Windows Media Player!
Yeah, haha. That can be easily done, actually!

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
I can see Grass being more of a bulky/defensive typing instead of offensive. The immunity to water seems like a good idea. That's true, as far as the Fire/Flying relation is concerned. But Game Freak always at times had made some weird type effectiveness relations, lol.

I do agree with that how 'bout make Grass super effective to bug? since there are basically alot of plants who live off bugs.. Venus Fly Traps, and other carnivorous plants.. since basically Grass Pokemon are like plants that live and eat then why not? But that's kinda weird... I like grass types as offensive Pokemon especially Roserade/Roselia has a nice Sp. Attk and Speed to go with it and a good Sp. Def too... and I dunno if my stupidity level is rising because it's getting late here.. haha

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I do agree with that how 'bout make Grass super effective to bug? since there are basically alot of plants who live off bugs.. Venus Fly Traps, and other carnivorous plants.. since basically Grass Pokemon are like plants that live and eat then why not? But that's kinda weird... I like grass types as offensive Pokemon especially Roserade/Roselia has a nice Sp. Attk and Speed to go with it and a good Sp. Def too... and I dunno if my stupidity level is rising because it's getting late here.. haha
I think during Generation 1, Game Freak made it that Bug/Grass were either super effective or not very effective to each other. I think that I am going to make them both super effective on each other.

Years
I've just played for the first time this hack: I think it's cool!

I like the storyline and I appreciate very much Johto influence on this game, such as the various theme!

Good job with the Beta 3! :)

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
I think during Generation 1, Game Freak made it that Bug/Grass were either super effective or not very effective to each other. I think that I am going to make them both super effective on each other.

I think what you're thinking of is Bug and Poison were both super effective against each other. Though, all grass types except Tangela (which, let's be honest, nobody used a Tangela in R/B/Y :p) were Grass/Poison and the game didn't handle dual types well (I have vivid memories of decimating Venusaurs with Earthquake)......soooo, I guess my point is it was all just wonky back then haha.

Just for the sake of offering my opinion, I actually really like the current Gamefreak type chart and don't really want to deal with a revamped one, both because I think it's now pretty balanced with Fairy and the changes to Steel, and also because I just learned the new stuff and don't want to get tripped up by a new chart, haha. I do kind of like giving Grass an immunity to water, though...it's intriguing to say the least :)

The only thing that really matters to me though is being able to vanquish all Dragons with a Clefable. My first ever shiny (other than infamous Gyarados) was a Cleffa hatched from the Odd Egg in Crystal, but I was just disappointed and never used it because, well, Cleffa. I feel as if I need to make reparations or something haha, so as long as Fairy is useful I could hardly care what you do with the type chart as long as it makes sense :)

Back