• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Future Foundation -Dangan Ronpa Fanclub

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

do wrong theories count as spoilers?
Spoiler:
Yay, someone knows about this =D
Even though the theory is pretty much old as the DR2 itself =D

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
i definitely thought the anime series was rushed... it just doesn't fit in the timeframe. 6 cases in 13 episodes was kinda impossible, but then, i also think 26 episodes would've been too many. maybe for DR2 it could work cause i think that just had a bit more content, but still.

siiigh. yeah, i do wonder if the whole Naegi/Nagito thing was originally a plan, but they decided to scrap it in the end? it's too obvious for it to be nothing.
EDIT:
Spoiler:

then again there were other things that i thought were 'so obvious' too.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Part of me just wonders if they intentionally did it to screw with us.

Years
Hehe so many of you love Nagito...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
hm, yeah, i guess that'd make sense. they're definitely (strange) counterparts to each other. and i love Nagito exactly for that reason, haha! he was just the greatest, completely unpredictable, which i love. especially in games with such a large cast, it's easy for characters to become caricatures rather than real, well-rounded personalities.

can i just say i love the tiny monokuma/monomi emoji you keep using, Lisia? ( >艸<)

Years
Anyone excited for the dub of the anime?

Wonder how it will be done since the game was at Bangzoom and the dub of the anime is Funi, People say at the end of the anime they spoiled a DR2 anime but not sure if it is true since I can't see it online (trailer)

I wonder if they will change Leon Kuwata accusation scene where he calls everyone a nincompoop S**thead XD.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
Name-Blueboi22
Fav Character-This is a TOUGH one. From DR1 my favs were Sakura and Kyoko. In DR2 I had Fuyuhiko, Sonia, and Chiaki. If I had to choose one, I'd pick Kyoko (though I want the little sprite next to my name to be Fuyuhiko)
Did you get freaked out about the ending of Dangan Ronpa 2?
Spoiler:

So if the dubbing is being done at a different studio, does that mean that different voice actors may be used? Or do they plan to use the same cast as the game dub? If that's the case I might rewatch the anime.

I was assuming they would make a DR2 anime cuz why else would they have Monomi pop in at the very end? (I forget what she even said.) But I've yet to hear any announcements.

The games already used A LOT of Funimation actors so I doubt there will be any casting changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nah
Years
Big news! Danganronpa Another Episode has been officially announced for release in North America and Europe Fall of this year! You can check out the prototype website here. Will you get the game?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Oh yeah I remember hearing about that a while ago. It's supposed to take place between 1 and 2, right? Look interesting (I'm especially curious as to who those kids are at the very end).

As much as I'd like to get it though, I don't have a Vita, and who knows if/when I'll get one....

Years
I had known about Danganronpa Another Episode for quite some time, but avoided looking up spoilers because I assumed it would be announced for localization eventually. As a fan of the franchise, of course I plan on buying it.

Interesting decision for the change in gameplay style... I read that according to the producer, Another Episode was created because they couldn't figure out what to do with Danganronpa 3, even though it was something they wanted to create. So the team challenged themselves to create a spin-off action game.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
^That does bring up a good question. If they were gonna make a Dangan Ronpa 3, how exactly would they do the story for it? Like, who could possibly be the mastermind? And how many Hope's Peak kids could there possibly be life to do the story with?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2015
^That does bring up a good question. If they were gonna make a Dangan Ronpa 3, how exactly would they do the story for it? Like, who could possibly be the mastermind? And how many Hope's Peak kids could there possibly be life to do the story with?

I think DR 3 would be very different than 1 and 2. I doubt they would have a new class cast. I would think it would be a way to wrap the story up. The question is would it be a visual novel? . Maybe a rpg? Idk...

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Oh! I didn't know we were allowed to share fan humor vids. I'll just leave this here.
And then I went and watched all 6 episodes of it....

Thought it was pretty funny, though there's no more episodes and it's only half way through the game =(

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Been playing these games with my dorm (courtesy of the Playstation TV) over the past month and a half. My joining this club is about two weeks overdue :p

Name- machomuu
Fav Character- Hm...for the whole series, I'm not sure, so I'll use my favorite DR2 character, Sonia Nevermind. She's a character that's introduced okay and only gets better as the game progresses. She's a lot of fun and I ended up enjoying her way more than I expected.

As for whether I was freaked out by the ending to DR2- specifically, the epic revelation...no. I actually knew about it beforehand, despite how hard I try to avoid spoilers (since they ruin experiences). One of my friends was guessing something about the game and another friend, who had watched an LP of the game, said something that kind of affirmed it. Considering how much I enjoyed DR1, I almost lost all my will to play DR2, but a few days later decided to carry on, knowing it would only be large spoiler in an ending filled with revelations.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2015
I actually used to do projects in like 2011 with the girl who did Monokuma.

Anyone play DR2 first? I did and the motivation to finish the first game is on. For me DR 2 is leaps better than DR and can't seem to find the desire to even finish the first one. Not saying it is bad but I think my love for DR2 is holding me away from the first one which I guess is darker in a way?

Back