• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
doesn't matter if you can't trade b/w emulators, right, since we are swapping sav files?

We're not swapping the sav files, we're swapping the pokemon on the files. Some people like to get items at different times and stuff, and I for instance would be a little pissed if I opened a game and they were at like Cinnibar Island without Fly. At least I could just teach a new Pokemon Fly (assuming they had a flying type, mind you.)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
We're not swapping the sav files, we're swapping the pokemon on the files. Some people like to get items at different times and stuff, and I for instance would be a little pissed if I opened a game and they were at like Cinnibar Island without Fly. At least I could just teach a new Pokemon Fly (assuming they had a flying type, mind you.)
oh, okay, that wasn't real clear in the description.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well at this rate, idk if anyone's gonna get to trade lol. v_v Remind me to not run this type of event with such a small time constraint...so who's ready for the October event that was actually supposed to be September event but I was sick and away at the beginning of September so we're having it in October?! YEAH! You'll have a month. :3

11wildy

Me!
Years
Awesomeness! Just remind me to finish the current one before the time runs out >.< I will have to do some sick playing saturday probably to get it done. Seeing I'm just behind Whitney and I still have to do a Chansey hunt.. O_O

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wouldn't worry about the time constraint for the GT event. Everyone gets the emblem regardless because the event was so bad. I posted a hint as to what the October event is about in that thread btw. Hmmmmmmm. It's for any game as well, so it's not like the Christmas or St. Patrick's Day events from last year. All games are welcome.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
^^Ah, right. I've tried to use an emulator once, and I got it downloaded... but then something crazy about winzip files happened and it was super confusing and terrible. So I gave up on it.
I'm terrible with computers. :'(

It's well worth figuring out how to use them. Having access to almost any game is helpful when doing challenges.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ It's helpful, yes. I always have extra copies that are for restarting for challenges and such, so I never use emulators for challenges. Only did that once, and did it on a cart at the same time as well, haha.

I don't even think I want a GT challenge event ever again after this one. v_v

11wildy

Me!
Years
I continued with the Swap Meet challenge, but it turns out Shuckle is actually pretty Solid to use! It can take literally ANY move, while it does damage over time with things like Wrap, Swagger and Rollout! And later in the game it can get Curse and Toxic as well!

Edit: Shuckie just took 12 HP damage from a critical hit super effective move :3

11wildy

Me!
Years
Just wanted to say that I finished my Swap Meet challenge on Crystal! I challenged Red with all my pokemon level 56, never had an easyer battle against him. Onix killed Pikachu in one hit, Shuckle Toxiced Espeon and I kept using hyper potions on it until espeon died. Snorlax died to Onix, which used Screech 3 times, then 2HKOd with Earthquake. Blastoise was taken down by a critical hit Thunderbolt from Electabuzz. Venusaur was beaten by repeating Fly with Aerodactyl, so it kept missing Solarbeam. Then Charizard was finished off by a powerful Ancientpower. GG Red, GG.

In a try to revive this, what challenges are you people diong lately?

Years
As of right now, I'm doing my Nervous System challenge on Diamond (doing it right now actually) and a poison Monotype on Sapphire.

So far I've been enjoying my challenge, and I'm being really careful as I don't want anyone to die XD

My monotype is going well, I always enjoy it when I play it, it's just that I've been lazy and haven't felt like picking it up :/

Also, I'm thinking about doing a challenge for White 2. Any ideas?
What about everyone else?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hey guys, I'm back for a bit. Upon further investigation, Conquest is freaking awesome. Doing all the post-game campaigns now and I retract what I said earlier about it being an average game. Soon as I finish all of them I'm going to get perfect links with all the warlords and what not.

Also, how new is the liking thing? Looks fun.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The like feature isn't finished yet haha. :P Everyone's busy with their challenge event and B2W2! ...Me, more with the latter than the former...hehehe.

11wildy

Me!
Years
If everything goes right I will get B2 today. Then I'll monotype water it, so I got water done in every region! As for the challenge event, it was/is cool Sydian^^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I am glad you liked it! It got some good reception and I am quite proud of the concept. :) It allows for more customization than previous events while still keeping things in a certain criteria. So I am a bit proud of myself for that one haha.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
The like feature isn't finished yet haha. :P Everyone's busy with their challenge event and B2W2! ...Me, more with the latter than the former...hehehe.
I saw that for a bit too, what brought that on? Is there a thread about it somewhere?

And I am also having fun w/ White 2.

Myrrh, how fun is Conquest? thinking about trying it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back