• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I am afraid that's Creators choice.. If he loves it that way we can't complain it.
I suppose that's true... just I remember the type change conversations on this thread in general lol.

Funny thing I noticed. You forgot to change the Pokemon that Steven has when we battle Team Magma.

..Or maybe that's what you mean by "expert" :P

Last I checked, it's just plain hard to alter those for whatever reason.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I went flipping through the text files and saw a few things that didn't make sense, so I decided to look through A-Trainer before playing this to see if trainers had sensible sets, and I'm a bit confused- is this a joke hack? It certainly doesn't seem like something that would be called "Expert" Emerald, or be focusing on difficulty, as the trainers have sets that are head-ache inducingly stupid- the only reason they'd be threatening at all to a competent player is because their levels increase at an alarming rate.

Why does Roxanne's Rhyhorn have illegal Thunder Wave? Or Iron Tail that early? It's not like Marshtomp won't eat the whole team alive, you're just picking on people who don't have a counter mon.

Why does Brawly have a Silver Wind Heracross? And a dual-screening Meditite with no physical moves and illegal Psybeam? Why does his Makuhita have a Macho Brace?

Why do most of Wattson's mons have redundant electric coverage? Nearly all of them have Thunderbolt- there's no need for them to also have ThunderPunch and Thunder and Shock Wave if you're giving them that. Why does Lanturn have illegal Recover? Why does Manectric have Howl if all of its attacks are special?

Why does Flannery's Houndoom have Bite and Crunch? Why does her Ninetales have a Macho Brace?

Why does Norman have a Hyper Beam Blissey? Speaking of Blissey, why does she have more Attack than Special Attack and 65 Defense now? Why does Norman's Granbull have Crunch, Thunderbolt, Solarbeam, and Outrage and a Macho Brace? Why does Stantler have 605 BST?

Why does Winona have a Sunny Day Tropius followed immediately by a Pelipper with water attacks? If this is supposed to be more challenging, why does the Altaria no longer have Earthquake? Why is there a Swellow with Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Blizzard? Why can it learn those moves and why are its stats so high anyway?

Why do Tate & Liza have an Alakazam with Recover and dual screens? Why do they have a Macho Brace Grumpig with illegal Flamethrower? Why does their Solrock have Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Psychic, and Solarbeam?

Why does Juan's Starmie have a Quick Claw? Why does his Milotic have a Sitrus Berry if it knows Recover? Why does it have a Sitrus Berry at all this late in the game? Why does it have both Surf and Water Pulse?

Why does Sidney's Absol have a Macho Brace? Why does his Tyranitar know Sandstorm? Why does his Crawdaunt know Hydro Pump, Surf, and Crabhammer?

Why does Pheobe have a Shedinja with Leftovers? Why does her Gengar know Dream Eater, Hypnosis, Shadow Punch, and Will-o-wisp?

Why does Glacia have a Macho Brace on her Delibird? Why does it have Present this late in the game? Why does Delibird have the base stats of Mew? Why does Cloyster have Spikes if it's her fifth mon?

Why does Drake have a Gyarados with Dragon Dance, Surf, Outrage, and Thrash? Why is it holding a Macho Brace? Why does his Kingdra have Dragon Dance, Surf, Outrage, and Smokescreen? Why does his Dragonite have Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Outrage, and Safeguard? Why does his Altaria have Dragon Dance, Thunder, Blizzard, and Outrage? He's supposed to be the next-to-last trainer the player fights- even if the others aren't intelligent he really should be!

Why is Wallace's Miltank holding a Moomoo Milk? Why does his Sceptile know Giga Drain, Leaf Blade, Solarbeam, and Synthesis?

Why does Steven's Dragonite have Dragon Dance, Outrage, Thunderbolt, and Hyper Beam? Why does his Slaking have both Rest and Slack Off? Why does his Salamence have Dragon Dance, Outrage, Flamethrower, and illegal Blizzard? Why is it holding a Sitrus at level 100? Why does his Metagross know Iron Defense? Why is his final mon a Sharp Beak Skarmory with Drill Peck, Hyper Beam, Steel Wing, and Spikes?

With regards to individual mons- why does Swellow have more speed than Aerodactyl and Speed Boost when it already had a niche as a Guts abuser? Why can it use Bulk Up? Why was it given several special TMs that it can't use as well as its physical movepool? Why does it learn Thunderbolt by level? Why does Marowak have 100 base attack when it gets Thick Club? Why was Blissey granted 65 Defense and a grand total of 590 BST? Why is its Attack now higher than its Special Attack? She already had a very clearly defined role- this new Blissey is even better at it and no longer has a glaring weakness. Why is Masquerain Water/Flying? There's already two lines that are Water/Flying that it has to compete with.

Last edited:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
I went flipping through the text files and saw a few things that didn't make sense, so I decided to look through A-Trainer before playing this to see if trainers had sensible sets, and I'm a bit confused- is this a joke hack? It certainly doesn't seem like something that would be called "Expert" Emerald, or be focusing on difficulty, as the trainers have sets that are head-ache inducingly stupid- the only reason they'd be threatening at all to a competent player is because their levels increase at an alarming rate.

Why does Roxanne's Rhyhorn have illegal Thunder Wave? Or Iron Tail that early? It's not like Marshtomp won't eat the whole team alive, you're just picking on people who don't have a counter mon.

Why does Brawly have a Silver Wind Heracross? And a dual-screening Meditite with no physical moves and illegal Psybeam? Why does his Makuhita have a Macho Brace?

Why do most of Wattson's mons have redundant electric coverage? Nearly all of them have Thunderbolt- there's no need for them to also have ThunderPunch and Thunder and Shock Wave if you're giving them that. Why does Lanturn have illegal Recover? Why does Manectric have Howl if all of its attacks are special?

Why does Flannery's Houndoom have Bite and Crunch? Why does her Ninetales have a Macho Brace?

Why does Norman have a Hyper Beam Blissey? Speaking of Blissey, why does she have more Attack than Special Attack and 65 Defense now? Why does Norman's Granbull have Crunch, Thunderbolt, Solarbeam, and Outrage and a Macho Brace? Why does Stantler have 605 BST?

Why does Winona have a Sunny Day Tropius followed immediately by a Pelipper with water attacks? If this is supposed to be more challenging, why does the Altaria no longer have Earthquake? Why is there a Swellow with Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Blizzard? Why can it learn those moves and why are its stats so high anyway?

Why do Tate & Liza have an Alakazam with Recover and dual screens? Why do they have a Macho Brace Grumpig with illegal Flamethrower? Why does their Solrock have Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Psychic, and Solarbeam?

Why does Juan's Starmie have a Quick Claw? Why does his Milotic have a Sitrus Berry if it knows Recover? Why does it have a Sitrus Berry at all this late in the game? Why does it have both Surf and Water Pulse?

Why does Sidney's Absol have a Macho Brace? Why does his Tyranitar know Sandstorm? Why does his Crawdaunt know Hydro Pump, Surf, and Crabhammer?

Why does Pheobe have a Shedinja with Leftovers? Why does her Gengar know Dream Eater, Hypnosis, Shadow Punch, and Will-o-wisp?

Why does Glacia have a Macho Brace on her Delibird? Why does it have Present this late in the game? Why does Delibird have the base stats of Mew? Why does Cloyster have Spikes if it's her fifth mon?

Why does Drake have a Gyarados with Dragon Dance, Surf, Outrage, and Thrash? Why is it holding a Macho Brace? Why does his Kingdra have Dragon Dance, Surf, Outrage, and Smokescreen? Why does his Dragonite have Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Outrage, and Safeguard? Why does his Altaria have Dragon Dance, Thunder, Blizzard, and Outrage? He's supposed to be the next-to-last trainer the player fights- even if the others aren't intelligent he really should be!

Why is Wallace's Miltank holding a Moomoo Milk? Why does his Sceptile know Giga Drain, Leaf Blade, Solarbeam, and Synthesis?

Why does Steven's Dragonite have Dragon Dance, Outrage, Thunderbolt, and Hyper Beam? Why does his Slaking have both Rest and Slack Off? Why does his Salamence have Dragon Dance, Outrage, Flamethrower, and illegal Blizzard? Why is it holding a Sitrus at level 100? Why does his Metagross know Iron Defense? Why is his final mon a Sharp Beak Skarmory with Drill Peck, Hyper Beam, Steel Wing, and Spikes?

With regards to individual mons- why does Swellow have more speed than Aerodactyl and Speed Boost when it already had a niche as a Guts abuser? Why can it use Bulk Up? Why was it given several special TMs that it can't use as well as its physical movepool? Why does it learn Thunderbolt by level? Why does Marowak have 100 base attack when it gets Thick Club? Why was Blissey granted 65 Defense and a grand total of 590 BST? Why is its Attack now higher than its Special Attack? She already had a very clearly defined role- this new Blissey is even better at it and no longer has a glaring weakness. Why is Masquerain Water/Flying? There's already two lines that are Water/Flying that it has to compete with.

Why do you complain so much?

Tailes

Nothing to see here
Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2022
Why do you care? Like, at all?

It's not like he's wrong.

blue

gucci
Years

So.. you're saying keep it as original as possible? Cause it Seems like you're trying to find something wrong with every leader here but, my game.. my rules. This is how I made it, all of these changes are intended. What is the point in sticking by how the games rules originally? This is a hack so I have the right to change anything I want and from what I've gathered 98% of the replies have been very positive and found this game fun and difficult, I respect your feedback but please don't disparage me or my work.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I don't think I said anything about originality- the main thing I'm trying to address here is that, for a hack focusing on difficulty, many of the movesets are incredibly bad. Like it or not, illegal moves are rude- while they're somewhat tolerable in the case of, say, Thunder Wave Rhyhorn when the player can't get that TM/tutor, having a leader with the likes of Flamethrower Grumpig is an issue as there are both Flamethrower TMs and Grumpigs available to the player- it's blatantly obvious to the player that the game is cheating. It's even worse when you consider that Grumpig *can* learn Fire Punch- switching it to that would make it perfectly fine for only a small power decrease.

You say that I'm trying to find something wrong with every leader, but I'm not even *trying* to find all the faults I have with this. I just decided to stroll through and couldn't stop. It's a train wreck. Lots of pokemon are holding Macho Braces- you realize what that does, right? It cuts speed and increase the rate at which you gain EVs- in the AI's hands it's not only completely useless, it's worse than holding nothing at all. Many of the leaders have movesets that are self-defeating- most things that have Dragon Dance have only one or no physical moves to use alongside it. Lots of late-game mons also have Sitrus Berries- while this *is* better than a Macho Brace, the 30 HP it gives is a drop in the bucket to a level 80 mon. Far too many things have multiple attacking moves of the same type with no meaningful difference in effect, which does not help them to be threatening.

If what you're trying to say is that you intentionally made the trainers look like morons, then you've certainly succeeded. In my opinion though, it is very detrimental to the quality of a hack that aims to "make this game more challenging and fun" to not try to give them serious movesets.

blue

gucci
Years
I don't think I said anything about originality- the main thing I'm trying to address here is that, for a hack focusing on difficulty, many of the movesets are incredibly bad. Like it or not, illegal moves are rude- while they're somewhat tolerable in the case of, say, Thunder Wave Rhyhorn when the player can't get that TM/tutor, having a leader with the likes of Flamethrower Grumpig is an issue as there are both Flamethrower TMs and Grumpigs available to the player- it's blatantly obvious to the player that the game is cheating. It's even worse when you consider that Grumpig *can* learn Fire Punch- switching it to that would make it perfectly fine for only a small power decrease.

You say that I'm trying to find something wrong with every leader, but I'm not even *trying* to find all the faults I have with this. I just decided to stroll through and couldn't stop. It's a train wreck. Lots of pokemon are holding Macho Braces- you realize what that does, right? It cuts speed and increase the rate at which you gain EVs- in the AI's hands it's not only completely useless, it's worse than holding nothing at all. Many of the leaders have movesets that are self-defeating- most things that have Dragon Dance have only one or no physical moves to use alongside it. Lots of late-game mons also have Sitrus Berries- while this *is* better than a Macho Brace, the 30 HP it gives is a drop in the bucket to a level 80 mon. Far too many things have multiple attacking moves of the same type with no meaningful difference in effect, which does not help them to be threatening.

If what you're trying to say is that you intentionally made the trainers look like morons, then you've certainly succeeded. In my opinion though, it is very detrimental to the quality of a hack that aims to "make this game more challenging and fun" to not try to give them serious movesets.

Difficulty is not the only aspect in this hack, I've changed many things which I am happy with and don't plan to change anything regardless of what people think. I'm happy with the amount of people who thoroughly enjoy this game rather than picking out flaws. So as I've said, I respect your feedback but I think I'll leave it as it is.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
Is your game finished at 100%? Btw I found a bug, in Fallarbor's Market whenever u take the free firestone another one appear in the same place once u move

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
Just another post about bugs + a team update.

In the abandoned ship, where there are four cabins side by side (on the second floor I believe), you can encounter wild pokemon in these four cabins. Since there's no data for them, they are MissingNo (Black Circular ?). They have 0 HP and are LV 0. Trying to catch them freezes the game. As far as I can tell, they don't effect anything if you encounter them (just dont try to catch them).

Brawly in Mossdeep says "Resulst" instead of "Result", though I'm not sure if that's an error made by you or the game (I couldn't remember if Brawly was there originally)

When arriving at Sky Pillar, after Wallace heads back to Sootopolis, his sprite stays there. Same thing with Rayquaza once it flies away, except this time you can catch it straight after it leaves to calm Groudon and Kyogre. Not sure if that means you can catch it again (so you have two) after it calms them. But sure is weird.

Right now, my team is:

Swampert, LV64
Hydro Pump
Mud Shot
Earthquake
Surf

Forretress, LV 64
Rollout
Spikes
Selfdestruct
Silver Wind

Altaria, LV 64
Dragonbreath
Fly
Sky Attack
Outrage

Arbok, LV 64
Toxic
Glare (Need to get rid of this)
Sludge Bomb
Crunch

Houndoom, LV 65
Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Faint Attack
Crunch

Jynx, LV 64
Ice Punch
Confusion (Looking to replace this and Ice Punch)
Ice Beam
Psychic

Just about to do Juan's gym.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
Just beat Team Magma in Mossdeep city with Steven.

Steven's Pokemon is so weak against Team Magma.
It's like 2vs1.

And Is it Charmander supposed to be at Route 120?
Because I can't see the Pokeball you showed at the Spoiler.

But other than that the hack is amazing. But until now, the most difficult trainer l I think is Normans'.

This is the team I'm currently work on.

Last edited:
Years
Is your game finished at 100%? Btw I found a bug, in Fallarbor's Market whenever u take the free firestone another one appear in the same place once u move
This glitch has been fixed in latest version. Re-patch into a clean ROM and play it

Just beat Team Magma in Mossdeep city with Steven.

Steven's Pokemon is so weak against Team Magma.
It's like 2vs1.

And Is it Charmander supposed to be at Route 120?
Because I can't see the Pokeball you showed at the Spoiler.

But other than that the hack is amazing. But until now, the most difficult trainer l I think is Normans'.

This is the team I'm currently work on.
Charmander is hidden inside the grass and is inside a pokeball. For your other question regarding Steven's team. Its been fixed in latest patch

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
After I defeated Wallace, the document said there's rematch with Gym leader and other people which take place in the Battle Frontier. I believe is these two houses. When I went in the BGM is Elite 4 and Gym, but is just some random people. Or do I need to battle with Wally up to 6 times before that happen?

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
This looks amazing. I'm going to have to give this a try for sure once I figure out if this can work on Android or not... anyone know if it can? I want it to be portable xD

Also, it's been like a year since this was first posted. Happy anniversary! :)

Years
After I defeated Wallace, the document said there's rematch with Gym leader and other people which take place in the Battle Frontier. I believe is these two houses. When I went in the BGM is Elite 4 and Gym, but is just some random people. Or do I need to battle with Wally up to 6 times before that happen?
No, those random people inside the two gym buildings are Elite Four and Gym leaders themselves all right. Randomly placed inside those two

blue

gucci
Years
The current version pretty much covers everything & if there were to be another release it would only to fix any bugs, otherwise the hack is 100% complete yes.

Back