• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that shouldent have evolved...

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Tangela -> Tangrowth
Looks like a big ugly mess.

Rhydon -> Rhyperior
The worst imo. Rhydon was absolutely fine as it was. Whoever designed this monstrosity needs shooting tbh.

Lickitung -> Lickilicky
What took less time, the name or the design? Both terrible :/

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
Nosepass and Magneton should have never evolved. They were kinda unnecessary, especially the evolution for Magmar.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
All of them were needed other than Dusknoir (but, his design is yesh). Though, all of them could have had better designs (how is Tangrowth bad? it looks like Tangela, just bigger). Even outside of competitive play, I still think they needed the evos (most of them sucked in stats overall), it is just the design is bad.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Lickitung, Tangela and Magmar.. I know those are only in the original 150 group, but I remember those Pokemon used to stand out to me because they had no evolutions. They were fine without them, made them more interesting.. :/ Then of course they got evolutions, and the looked totally ridiculous, in my opinion.

D:

Fail.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2009
I'll go forward in time and say that they should have never thought of Pichu to evolve into Pikachu. Kind of ruined the whole Pikachu thing for me.

The Red Chain

I'm sure some competitive players will tell you evolving Chansey was one of the most horrible things to ever hit Pokémon.

Eh, not really. Drain Punching Blissey is so much fun. :'3

I think Tangela, Rhydon, Nosepass and Lickitung shouldn't have evolutions.
The evolutions done for those four feel like they were created just to meet the Sinnoh Dex limit..
Besides, Pokemon without evolutions are special in their own way.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
Years
Well, why do they have to add Electrovire and Magmortar into the Dex??

I think they should remain as Electabuzz and Magmar..

And i dont like Tangrowth as well...

Just like rotten spaghetti, but that's my opinion...

P.S. = I don't even like spaghetti (Well, i only love my mom's version of it :) )

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
Years
Eh, not really. Drain Punching Blissey is so much fun. :'3

I think Tangela, Rhydon, Nosepass and Lickitung shouldn't have evolutions.
The evolutions done for those four feel like they were created just to meet the Sinnoh Dex limit..
Besides, Pokemon without evolutions are special in their own way.
O_O
what, off of Blissey's base 10 attack?

Jameseh

Hmm.
Years
Every 4th gen evolution except Electivire shouldn't have happened.

I agree with KurlyFries above statement, especially Rhyperior (sp?) I definatly would have prefered a prevolution to Rhydon (sorry I havent played the games in a while and have forgotten many names) instead, especially another trade evolution.

Does anyone know how many non-legendary Pokémon don't have a evolution?

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
If you're going to hate a Pokemon, at least know what you're talking about first.

I'm sorry I thought this was an opinion thread? I felt that it's evolution was ugly and they should have kept it without any further evolution states. Am I wrong to state that I think it was unnecessary and that there are other better grass pokemon to choose from?

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
Years
I'm sorry I thought this was an opinion thread? I felt that it's evolution was ugly and they should have kept it without any further evolution states. Am I wrong to state that I think it was unnecessary and that there are other better grass pokemon to choose from?
Maybe not, but you WERE wrong to state that Hoppip was a Grass/Poison Pokemon. Again, if you're going to hate a Pokemon, at least know what you're talking about, otherwise we're all just going to laugh at your ignorance.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2011
I think the following shouldn't have been created at all:
Rypherion
Yanmega
Magnezone
Gliscor

I'm neutral towards the others. However I really like Electrivire, Glaceon, Leafeon, Togekiss, Mismagius, Roserade and Gallade

Last edited:
Back