• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon FireRed: Origins

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Just wanna say I love the hack so far, only just got started but it looks very promising. However, I have a few questions (or I guess you could call them bug reports, I'm not sure.)

1. Are the starters on Route 1 intentional? Great idea, and I'm definitely going to make use the three starters on my team, but I wanted to make sure.

2. I tried talking to the guy walking around outside of Oak's lab out of curiosity, but he didn't say anything. And then I noticed that I already had the PokeDex (and even the National Dex) without doing the Oak's Parcel mission. Also, in the Bag, the icons for the 'Cancel' thing are just blacked-out glitchy icons for the item above it. Very minor, but it's very odd. Anyone else notice these things, or is it just me? Did anyone try talking to the "technology is great" guy outside of the lab?

3. Is there any way you can tone down the colors for the Day/Night system? I found myself getting a little bit of eyestrain due to the harsh tints (mostly the orange-ish color during the evening), so I'm going to try not to play for too long at a time. As a note, I checked the ROM base because I thought that might have been the issue, but it's the right one.

I'm bored so I'll answer these questions because yolo:
1) Yes, they are, said by Django117 himself some posts ago right here.

2) The Hack's creator mentioned right here that, most likely, the ROM's Base Creator used 1 or 2 NPCs from Pallet Town for testing purposes.
The glitchy icons are, most likely, a side effect of another modification.

3) Django117 also talked about it some posts ago right here, saying that he already knows that he needs to fix the DNS's Palettes.

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
I'm bored so I'll answer these questions because yolo:
1) Yes, they are, said by Django117 himself some posts ago right here.

2) The Hack's creator mentioned right here that, most likely, the ROM's Base Creator used 1 or 2 NPCs from Pallet Town for testing purposes.
The glitchy icons are, most likely, a side effect of another modification.

3) Django117 also talked about it some posts ago right here, saying that he already knows that he needs to fix the DNS's Palettes.

Ah, much appreciated. I guess I'll continue playing, and patiently wait until the creator fixes some of the bugs.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
Hey guys, just a heads up that I just updated the file! I need to test some of this stuff, but here is the latest. Also just a heads up, my next semester of college is starting on the 23rd, along with my new job, and the dire crunch time to get grad school apps in. As such I will likely not be updating this file for a long time, unless I have any free time.

August 19th, 2016
-Fossils Now despawn after being taken.
-Helix and Dome fossils can now be revived (after retaking the original fossils) (This might break taking both, all 151 are still available either way).
-DNS System re-installed. (Emulators might not be compatible. VBA for example does not cause the flicker. MyBoy! still causes flicker in battle)(If you want to remove it, download the DNS tool. It takes one click to remove)
-Mystic and Aurora Tickets now function properly. (Talk to sign on route 1 to fix)
-Fat guy in Pallet Town text fixed.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
2 things:
1- I´m now at Treasure Beach and clicking on the places where Advance Map says where the tickets are. Nothing.

2- About the wild Entes/Raikou/Suicune/M2... why not sending them to Altering Cave? I´m really tired for the majority of hacks not editing that place´s wild Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
2 things:
1- I´m now at Treasure Beach and clicking on the places where Advance Map says where the tickets are. Nothing.

2- About the wild Entes/Raikou/Suicune/M2... why not sending them to Altering Cave? I´m really tired for the majority of hacks not editing that place´s wild Pokemon.
1- hmmm I will see if I can get this working. Also, random thing, could you talk to the route 1 sign, then go to the Vermillion City port and see if you can access the event islands? I am not sure I even need to include the items as it might just be tied to the flags.

2-I don't really know the use of Altering Cave. Especially since it seems that nobody used it in the real world. I will look into it. Maybe the for the three legendary dogs.

Just some updates, I am fixing up a new version which has a few little changes.
-replaces heart scale with big mushroom for purchase in Celadon Dept. Store.
-replaces the spawn of Mewtwo in Pattern Bush with Mew. Accidents happen.

Years
Hello, I just want to say thank you for this amazing hack and to report a little problem. OK, here it goes. It happens in battle with any trainer. You faint one of his pokemon and there is a choice "Will you change your pokemon" i choose Yes and I change my pokemon, now when my next pokemon comes there is again same choice in the same turn and if I choose and changed my pokemon again there is a choice for four or five times, then trainer pokemon comes out and doesn't have sprite.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016

I've found a really annoying but mostly harmless bug, Focus Band is bugged, it's impossible to kill a Pokemon holding it, I'm trying to battle the tower on Seven Island and the first trainer has a Feraligator who's holding one and he's invincible because of it, it's fortunate that the only trainer who has one is so late into the game.

If you're taking recommendations, I'd love a version that makes the game harder, the mega-evolutions are cool but I end up not using them since I can win the game without really needing them

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
do u have any pdf or something where i can find out where the pokemons are located?because its not the same as the original game,e.x i cant find nidoran in viridian city(route 22)

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
do u have any pdf or something where i can find out where the pokemons are located?because its not the same as the original game,e.x i cant find nidoran in viridian city(route 22)

Actually Nidoran, male or female, isn't able to be found on Route 22 in normal Fire Red or Leaf Green. You can find them on route 3 after Pewter though. Nidoran were only on Route 22 in the original gen 1 Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green.

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I'm about three hours into the hack and enjoying it so far! Just a couple of things.

1) Are the TM/HMs in this game edited? I'm going to use Mega Beedrill but without the X-Scissor TM his best STAB move is Pin Missle, which is lackluster to say the least. Also, Mega Beedrill does not have an ability.

2) Not a question, but Gyarados's and Snorlax's backsprites gets cut off at the bottom, making it awkward to look at.

3) Mega Evolutions are really buggy in this game. When an enemy Mega Evolves it doesn't take place immediately and instead replaces another Pokemon from the trainer's team. Also, Mega Evolving in a double battle fails.

4) The RIval fight in Silph Co. tried to use a Water Stone as a recovery item, which is odd.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Actually Nidoran, male or female, isn't able to be found on Route 22 in normal Fire Red or Leaf Green. You can find them on route 3 after Pewter though. Nidoran were only on Route 22 in the original gen 1 Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green.

i know it was my bad! :D

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
i have a question and a bug to report
question:how can i open fossils,the scientist allowed me to open on the old amber he doesnt accept the fossils.
bug:if an enemy chooses to mega evolve e.x blue will mega evolve his charizard then his charizard will stay the same and the mega charizard will become his other pokemon(e.x his exegutor)instead of charizard.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2017
Hi! I'm trying to use G3T, G3HS, and AMAP 1.92 to tailor and tweak this to match my specific needs (it's just for personal use), but I'm running into a few problems. Mainly, something that I've edited has prevented the Mega Evolution symbol from appearing in-battle (loading the same save on a clean Fire Red Origins ROM makes Mega-Evo work fine). I really don't know anything about hex editing - I've just been using the tools. I kind of assumed I could avoid this by making a point to never to overwrite any new space but to only use what's available (AKA keeping the same amount of level-up moves per Pokemon/Pokemon in each trainer's roster), but I'm still having trouble. Is there any way anyone can shed some light into what about my edits (which included wild encounters, trainer rosters, TM Moves, and move effect changes) could have done this and if it's possible to prevent it?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 2, 2021
Hey, I saw you implented the Light Ball on wild Pikachu. But have you changed its effect where it also doubles Pikachu's Attack? 'Cause until 4th Gen it only doubles its Sp.Attack.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Im having issues with evolving Onix. I just beat the elite 4 and got the national dex, but when I try to use metal coat on him, it still says "it wont have any effect." I tried leveling Onix up while holding metal coat and nothing. It shows the full health bar when trying to use it, as if it was a stone, but still gives the "It wont have any effect" prompt when I press A. Anyone know if there is a way to fix/resolve this? Ive been using this Onix most of the game because I was hoping to evolve it into a Steelix.

Back