• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokémon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC + SU)

Limbo

Basically, I love glasses
Years
Hey there! I was wondering if there were any spots open here, since I don't think it specified in the opening post. If so, I'd like to place a reservation.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Heya! We've got a pretty filled up set of characters, but we can always use another! If you have a good idea for a SU, feel free to post it! Check out the last OOC post I made before your post, which is a summary of the events of the RP thus far.

Also if you need help with ideas for a character, feel free to PM or VM me! Also, our RP uses a skype group which is our primary means of communication. If you happen to have a skype, feel free to PM me it as well!

Limbo

Basically, I love glasses
Years
My apologies, but it seems some things have come up and I won't be able to join this RP after all. D:
Hope you all have fun though, this seemed really interesting!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
No problem limbo! Thanks for letting me know.

Years
I would like to join...
But my best writing is done first person... (But I'll have the SU here nonetheless)

Name: Emblem
Title: N/A
Species: Eevee
Faction: Theif (formerly)

Appearance:
often is found wearing a grey feathered fedora with a red feather in it. He also wears a black bandana around his neck to cover his face for sneaking up on others. Otherwise looks like a normal eevee

Personality:
Clumsy, But he also has a laid back attitude and isn't afraid to crack a joke when needed

History:
From the start he was born a Theif and everyone expected him to be that way.
Its mostly because of his amazing speed that they wanted him to remain that way, However Emblem's history is but a mystery to him he doesn't remember his family, at all. When he found out about Gold City he felt some connection to that place and in the dead of night ran off from the Theives and disowned his title as one. Creating a vow to find out why Gold City brings back one specific memory, a memory of when he died...

Moveset:
Trump Card,
Quick Attack,
Helping Hand,
Quick Draw: (Custom Move) Emblem uses quick attack and Trump Card to make it appear that the Card projectiles are homing in on an opponent
Growl

RP Sample:
Excerpt from Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Haven

I...I had that dream again...

It was of that day when Shen took me in. I was scared and alone, when I saw him I felt intimidated by him because at the time I never interacted with an Arcainine. It was raining that day, he took me to his cave to get out of the rain... Thunder began to crash... But I still remember his smile seeing my reactions to the storm, when I told him of why the storm scared me though... His smile turned to a look of sympathy...

Flash forward to the night before I left for haven, he taught me many things:

"Always help those in need," he would always tell me...

But when he was in need against those ghost types... He told me to not interfere... His death once again flashed before me... an unmoving body... the feeling of loneliness turning into sheer sadness... the feeling of breaking into a million bits and blowing into the breeze... A promise to reach Haven and become the best I could be, for Shen...

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Hey everyone. It seems I have a bad habit with disappearing without warning...Or I may have mentioned it. Or something. Would it be acceptable for me to return? School's finally out and I have time to post again, thank Arceus. If it would be alright, I could return as my old character, or I could make a new one. Entirely up to you! But, as I've probably said four or five times, will you have me back?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Good to see you again bro! Yeah, you can probably rejoin. I'll try to find a convenient way to add you back in.

In the meantime, read up on this post here in the ooc:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8682461&postcount=100

It's a summary of most of what happened. After that, I recommend you read the last page or so to see what happened the last month or so! I'll try to find the best spot to add you back in, but with the Network Points it shouldn't be too difficult.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Awesome! Thanks for having me back! It's gonna be awesome role playing with you guys again! It's been too long.

Name: Voltaire Watts
Title: Conduit
Species: Raichu
Faction: Valkarian Gold Tribe

Appearance: Voltaire is a little taller than the average Raichu, and his tail is a little longer. His gold emblem is in the shape of a lightning bolt, and it hangs around his neck.

Personality:
"My power is shocking, isn't it?...Get it? I'm an electric type!"

Voltaire lives his life with a strict code of honor. He believes strongly in defending the weak and fighting against all evil, even if it means giving his life. One could say that, in his normal condition, he is completely fearless, almost stupidly so. He'll be the first to charge into a barricade of Bastiodons, the first to jump off the wall after an insane Blastoise general. The only known fear he has, however, is the presence of strong Psychic types. His experience with Genevieve all those years ago left him scarred. To this day he can't stand the presence of Gardevoirs either. Despite this, however, he attempts to fight the fear of death and pain at every twist and turn. He spends a great deal time training with any of his brothers and sisters, working to improve his skills. And his jokes. He often likes to bounce his jokes off of his comrades in camp, in battle, and everywhere in between. One can often hear him spouting dry one liners on the battle field.

Voltaire is very friendly. He loves spending time with his fellow Gold Tribe members and the soldiers of the Alpha Alliance. He'll often try and make jokes here or there, but they often come across as bland or dry. Watts is actually quite notorious for his lack of sense of humor. While not extremely intelligent, he can come up with clever battle tactics and uses for his powers, even when under a great deal of pressure. He doesn't spend too much time pondering the deeper meanings of life, preferring to think about the next great joke he'll tell, or what's gonna be in the mess hall for lunch tonight. He spends a great deal time training with any of his brothers and sisters, working to improve his skills. He almost always reacts passively to arguments, saying things like, "Sorry, buddy. Didn't mean to. Now can I please eat my lunch?" Despite his casual personality, he becomes very serious in battle and when discussing important matters.

History:
"I owe my life to the Gold Tribe, and my abilities to Valkaria.

Voltaire was a mere child when the Silver Tribe first attacked Albia. An infant Pichu, really. He lived a life of oppression for the first years of his life, but everything changed when the rebellions lead by the Gold Tribe members Gallant and the Swift were aided by the Alpha Alliance Army and the remainder of the Gold Tribe. Voltaire was attacked by a vicious Gardevoir of the Silver Tribe, Genevieve. His family was killed before anyone could do anything about it, but as Genevieve tossed him he was rescued by the Swift, a Scizor. The Pichu was set aside before anything could hurt it, but the event had scarred his mind. He spent the next few years living in fear of anything other the Gold Tribe members who returned to Albia after the war. He was taken in as an orphan, and he would become more open and friendly after years of therapeutic training and talking. Voltaire truly felt at home with the Gold Tribe, but he could never forget the Scizor that saved him so any years ago in Albia.

Voltaire was accepted into the Gold Tribe at the age of sixteen. He spent years doing routine patrols and training exercises, and even participated in raids against bandits and such. Watts could hardly remember the past with the Silver Tribe in it. Years would pass by before the incident at Gold City. The thirtieth anniversary of Darkrai's fall was a complete disaster, and Voltaire would be caught up in the attack. He manned the wall with the Gold Tribe and fought bravely, but he was forced to retreat. He was sent through the Waypoint, where he met a disgruntled Blastoise who switched places with him. From there, he searched for the Gold Tribe.

THE NOSTALGIA SU

Ability: Lightningrod
Move set Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, Electroball, Thunder Wave, Slam

RP Sample: Do I need to do this again?

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

The Story so far...

Prologue

Spoiler:

Fort Ferrol

Spoiler:

Part 1: Tollen

Spoiler:

Fort Ferrol Again

Spoiler:

Part 2: Anatellia

Spoiler:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Thanks for the interest! If you can, make a sign up with one character for now, just so that I can get a grasp of you, and we'll talk about the second one later!

-SV

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 9, 2015
Will do, I'll try to be them up in.. Give or take in 1 to 3 days as I have a lot going on in IRL.

Also a very dumb question but what does SU mean? Not familiar with the forum's voculabry yet.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Sure thing! No rush, get it in when you can.

SU is an abbreviation for Sign Up, which is the template on generally uses to fill out a character. You might be more familiar with the term 'Character Sheet'. It's found on the first page in this thread, but I'll display it again for you here:

Name:
Title: (if Gold Tribe)
Species:
Faction: (Valkarian or Beatrucian Gold Tribe, Thief, SEC, or Seeker)
Appearance: (if any distinctions from normal)
Personality:
History:
Moveset: (6 max)
RP Sample: (Taken from recent RP post or newly written)

If you have any other questions, feel free to Private Message or Visitor message me, or ask me here!

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Here we go. I could make an SU for Bennett at some point if the situation calls for it, but I'd rather keep him at a distance.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Geras32 - Accepted! Welcome to Odyssey!

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Name:Able
Species:Ninjask
Faction: Thief
Appearance: She's your standard Ninjask more or less. The main difference would be a red band around her right claw to distinguish herself from the rest of the Ninjask Network.

Personality: Able takes pride in being the fastest species of Pokemon around, and to match that, She has a very upbeat, spunk, attitude to go alongside it. On top of that, she has a habit of being extremely competative. Since working with Snype she's known how to act responsibly as a leader and be mature and reasonable when she needs to be.

As a leader, she's the type that likes to get right to business. When giving off an order to her fellow Ninjask or recieving a request from Snype, she dosn't hesitate to see that each task is performed ASAP.

History: Able is the leader of the Thieves Ninjask Network, a wide range group of Ninjask with the task of sending messages to thieves around the country. The network was established ten years before Darkrai's attack on Gold City. Snype met Able during his expansion to Beatruce. Before joining the thieves, she had already estalished a miniture network with her own gang of Ninjask who acted as personal messangers for the people of Beatruce... as long as they paid the price of course.

Snype used Able's service in order to communicate with his thieves while expanding within Beatruce. Impressed with the competance of her gang, he gave an offer to work with the thieves as scouts or a form of commuinication. It was Snype's favor to her and as it goes in Beatruce, ever favor is repayed, so Able was completely fine with expanding and using it for a bigger cause. Many of her Ninjask stayed behind to continue their delivery service job which Able respected well enough. Able was able to make a more decent living simply delivering messages between the thieves and to this day is Snype's go to girl for important messages.

Shortly after joining, Able worked together with Snype to create a more large scale delivery network between the thieves to completely bypass other networks such as SEC. What better way to deliver messages through long distance then through the fastest species of Pokemon alive? Using the various Ninjask that followed Able, they were able to develop the Ninjask Network and since then, played a crucial part in expanding the thieves presence out to Beatruce.

Moveset: X-Scissor, Baton Pass, Detect, Swords Dance, Aerial Ace, Night Slash (6 max)

(subject to change)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
POSTING IN OOC, JUST BECAUSE!!

And also to give you a bit of an update on former player characters that basically leave. Generally, I make a decision on what happens to them in terms of whether they stay in the group as a sort of 'cardboard cut-out', or if they leave the group and go off somewhere else. Here's a list of those NPCs and their whereabouts as best as the group knows:

Joshua "Watchman" - Returned to Gold City to assist in its defense.
Synner - Remained in Gold City to assist in its defense.
General Warren - Returned to Gold City to assist in its defense.
"Conduit" - Returned to Gold City to assist in its defense.
Zai - Remained in Fort Ferrol for the Beatruce events.
Kaveri - Remains with the group as an NPC character.
Sylvio - disappeared during Anatellia. Presumably remained there with his sect, the Reverse Kings.
Silence Quickslash - remained in Fort Ferrol for the Beatruce events.
Charlie - Mysteriously absent
Nyalla - remained in Fort Ferrol for the Beatruce events.

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Second character.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

The Story so far...