• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to change the Worldmap in R/S/E

im_mega

Some guy on the internet.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
For emerald, it's at 0x59F73C or 0x59F75C. One of those two.

So, scratch my last comment, I some how figured it out (by redoing the File Molester step with a 16 color bmp) and now the colors are somewhat close! Thanks!

WmDxtsK.png

Ingame

TELNFfg.png

How it should actually look

(I know that some of the green diamond tile aren't there, that's my fault :D)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I'm physically retarded. In my map, I forgot that part of it would be obscured by the textbox. Is it possible to move the textbox so that it doesn't obscure the map

Years
I found a bug, if change the map, it just changed in navigator and pokemon center's map, but if check the Pokedex area arrangement, the map is still Hoenn map, so where is the location of the map in Pokedex? If use unlz to find?

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2021
Hi. I don't know if someone has already asked this, but there are 7 pages on this topic, and someone might have asked something that's similar but not identical to my question. I made my map using paint, because it's easier than GIMP. Much, much easier. Anyway, I don't know how to change the grid into an 8 by 8 grid on GIMP. When I click on "Configure grid" and change it to 8 pixels by 8, the grid has more than 8 by 8 little boxes. It has 8 by 14. I guess these are tiles, but I'm not sure. I don't normally use GIMP for anything. It's GIMP 2 I have by the way. When I click on the "Help" section for GIMP, it says: "TLS/SSL support not available; install glib-networking". I can't seem to be able to download the manual either. So I don't know how to make it have 8 by 8 boxes, assuming that that's what I have to do. Is it supposed to have 8 by 14 boxes/tiles? I don't want to get it wrong. Also, when I configure the grid like this, the map goes blurry. The towns and cities don't fit in one box. Do I need to redraw the map using another program? I don't understand how to draw a new image using GIMP. Is there another program I can use to redrew the map? Also, I can't work out how to copy just one tile. Please help me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2017
Does Anyone have premade emerald tile set that they can send me please ive been sitting for hours just trying to get the tile set of the emerald map to make my own original world map.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2017
Hi. I don't know if someone has already asked this, but there are 7 pages on this topic, and someone might have asked something that's similar but not identical to my question. I made my map using paint, because it's easier than GIMP. Much, much easier. Anyway, I don't know how to change the grid into an 8 by 8 grid on GIMP. When I click on "Configure grid" and change it to 8 pixels by 8, the grid has more than 8 by 8 little boxes. It has 8 by 14. I guess these are tiles, but I'm not sure. I don't normally use GIMP for anything. It's GIMP 2 I have by the way. When I click on the "Help" section for GIMP, it says: "TLS/SSL support not available; install glib-networking". I can't seem to be able to download the manual either. So I don't know how to make it have 8 by 8 boxes, assuming that that's what I have to do. Is it supposed to have 8 by 14 boxes/tiles? I don't want to get it wrong. Also, when I configure the grid like this, the map goes blurry. The towns and cities don't fit in one box. Do I need to redraw the map using another program? I don't understand how to draw a new image using GIMP. Is there another program I can use to redrew the map? Also, I can't work out how to copy just one tile. Please help me.
im havin the same problems with gimp

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2021
How big does each tile have to be? Also, does an 8 by 8 grid mean 8 tiles by 8 tiles? Or does 8 by 8 refer to the size of the tiles?

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Just popping in to put this down for posterity, cause I can't find it anywhere online and it doesn't pop up in unlz:

The offset for the tileSET used for the worldmap in the standard rom is 59f77c in emerald. You can edit this rather than just creating your own tileset from scratch. Remember it is in 256 colour mode for NSE, and remember to choose a palette file that has enough different colours, like the one at c1d750

Years
Is there any way to use another set of colors / palette for the map? I tried to use a general guide to edit plaettes with Advanced Palette Editor, but apparently it make the game crash

Back