• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Klink is indeed a ripoff of Magnemite's line but I actually really like Klink. It's cute! At least compared to Magnemite.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Why have no one placed attention at the poor Durant? D:
Spr_5b_632.png

I chose it at the beggining of the game and it was REALLY useful. Its decent bulk and power combined with a very good moveset make him a really powerful Pokemon. It can also effectively counter Fire- types- its only weakness with Rock Slide, Stone Edge or Dig.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I love Durant. It's adorable. :3 Actually when I first saw it I thought it was SO cute, but then I forgot about it. And now I remember it. Sucks about its typing though, I don't really like using steel types :(

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2011
Both Crimgan and Tsunbear design really disappoint me. They are respectively a fricking polar bear and a gargoyle dragon, those design just don't do them justice imo, they have weird proportions.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't know how I feel about Beartic or Cubchoo. Both are kind of awesome, but what's hanging out of Cubchoo's nose, and Beartic's fur just kind of throws me off from actually liking them, especially since there are better ice types that I can use when I get to play the games.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I don't know how I feel about Beartic or Cubchoo. Both are kind of awesome, but what's hanging out of Cubchoo's nose, and Beartic's fur just kind of throws me off from actually liking them, especially since there are better ice types that I can use when I get to play the games.

Cubchoo... CUB + AH-CHOO...?

Beartic... BEAR + ARCTIC...?

If those are the origins, I'm surprised I got them just now (I believe I came across Beartic once before, and immediately thought "BEAR+TICK" and was like "WTF?"

Oh, how I await the day that I start posting in Official English Name Discussion again...

Anyway, if you're referring to the new polar bear Pokemon, I haven't seen Cubchoo... Beartic...looks OK, but is awkwardly designed, in a sense. Like when you look at it, it doesn't look as powerful as Ursaring does. Weird that it has ice boogers as well... :(

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Beartic just reminds me of my old teddy bear. =O Like really...it looks JUST like it. :3 Its design is pretty cool; kind of weird for an ice type, but, at least its different. <3

And I have to say...Golurk is a very interesting ghost type the more I look at it. @-@; It kind of reminds me of Registeel, Regice and Magmortar mixed together. I dunno.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Cubchoo... CUB+ AH-CHOO?

Beartic... BEAR+ARCTIC...?

If those are the origins, I'm surprised I got them just now (I believe I came across Beartic once before, and immediately thought "BEAR+TICK" and was like "WTF?"

Oh, how I await the day that I start posting in Official English Name Discussion again...

Anyway, if you're referring to the new polar bear Pokemon, I haven't seen Cubchoo... Beartic...looks OK, but is awkwardly designed, in a sense. Like when you look at it, it doesn't look as powerful as Ursaring does. Weird that it has ice boogers as well... :(
Yup those are the origins of them ^_^...
I like Cubchoo but I wish it was a little bit more circular and cute like an Icy version of Teddyursa...

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I love Durant. He's great. I just wish he was a fire aunt; that would have been awesome!

I really like Cubchoo, he's adorable. But I'm not as crazy about Beartirc because it looks like its nose is running... o_o

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well we have a fire ant eater so it would make sense for the Ant to have been something weak to fire like Steel/Bug...though they could have made the Ant eater (forget it's name) Water and the ant Fire...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Durant looks cool to me, because it's an iron ant. It's even bigger than a real life ant, but it's still small in Pokemon terms.

Cubchoo is adorable (but I hate the snot hanging from its nose), but Beartic looks epic. Only thing that lets Beartic down is its poor Speed and limited movepool.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
@Rai: A FIRE AUNT? :D ...yeah I get the typo /easily amused

On Golurk - I love that its name implies going to lurk or something like that. However. I do agree it's a lot like the Regi's. The pre-evo of it is kinda strange though :(

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Lol oops! x3 I meant ant :P I really like Durant. It's just before they announced the new pokemon my friends and I were talking about what kind of new ones they could have and a fire ant came up. So when I saw there was an ant I was like OMFG!!! But I was sad when I saw he was Bug/Steel.

And yeah, I don't like Cubchoo's boogers and Beatric's ice beard thing.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
Years
I think they all look amazing! They really did a smashing job, especially on the starters. In my opinion, couldn't have asked for anything better <3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't really like Serperior because it's a grass type, I've never considered grass starters as strong. :x Plus it could be better when it comes to looks. :( Unlike Samurott and Emboar who look amazing.

@Below poster: It only says designs in the title so people won't think we're talking about English names or the games as a whole. So yeah designs + actual Pokemon, everything except the English names pretty much.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
Years
Well in general I think pigs are gross, just like monkeys that's why I didn't really like Chimchar and that's probably why I don't like Tepig and Emboar.

Snakes are amazing animals to me, so in looks Serperior defeats Sceptile 10 fold. I also think Grovyle looks 10 fold better than Sceptile though I'm not exactly sure of the reason.

Back