• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

R4ds help please

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I hope this is the right section for this, if not, my apologies.
Ok I bought the r4ds and downloaed the v1.18 kernel, after the download finished, it didn't make it into a folder, as it should have, my question is what other program, if any, do I need??

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
Years
When you download the firmware, just unzip the folder onto your micro SD card, you don't need to do anything else. Unless you have a fake R4, and if so, I don't know what to do. Hope I helped.

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
Years
And are you sure it's an R4 and not one of its fake cousins E7, T4 etc? Anyway, you get kernals for those too.

Yeah, people get R4s mixed up with other flash cards. But I reckon you've probably got the real deal because the R4 firmware updates were dropped at v1.18, and most fake ones are still going. Still, you may have an R4 III or PRO, which are both fake but run on the same software...

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
Years
Oh, right. There's actually another program you can download called Pokesav, it lets you hack pokemon game saves for diamond and pearl roms, and the update works for platinum too, but you have to go looking on youtube for that one. It's what I had you confused with.

Clicky clicky for info,
clicky clicky for download. (this one works for platrinum! YAYZ)

Back