• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Noo, I SR'd over a shiny Electrode in Emerald ;_;. I'm so upset right now, I hadn't realized it was shiny until I pressed the right buttons to soft reset. Now I gotta hope a second one will appear tonight.

EDIT: 50 SR's after losing it, I got shiny Electrode back, thank you Emerald trick :D.

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Noo, I SR'd over a shiny Electrode in Emerald ;_;. I'm so upset right now, I hadn't realized it was shiny until I pressed the right buttons to soft reset. Now I gotta hope a second one will appear tonight.

EDIT: 50 SR's after losing it, I got shiny Electrode back, thank you Emerald trick :D.

Whoa, awesome! Congratulations!

I'm steaming through my current project, but I'm scared.

My old DS Lite? The one I mentioned earlier that cut off during the Slowpoke chain?

Well...
Just a while ago I was plugging up my new one for charging, and happened to look over to my white DS.

The green power light was flickering on and off, very sporadically, and sometimes like how a lightning bolt with flicker.

I didn't even have it on, in sleep mode, or nothing..

I opened it up and it was on. (It was on the Nintendo DS title screen)
I pressed the A button and it didn't recognize there was a Pearl game in the DS Slot...

I turned it off and took out my game and put it back where it was.......

I need the DSi to come out immediately so I can take this demonized thing to GameStop and trade it in on the new DS. :S

Years
Well, usually those Pooches are good luck, so they'd better be now!
I have 2 shiny Swellows now, and still going!
GL all, especially in the war against Poochyena!

Slin

12 Shinys Owned?!?!
Years
Could I join the club?
I got now 10 shiny pokemons and still looking for more...
u can check out the pics on my profile albuns...
thanks... :)

Years
You may get in, you may not. I'm not too sure on the legitimacy of those shinies...
Good luck though.

I'm gonna start hunting moar shinies for my trade thread here, so should I try the Emerald trick, or chain peeps?

Slin

12 Shinys Owned?!?!
Years
How can I prove the legitmancy of my shinies?
I play on an emulator... I know that's dificult to belive that I own all those shinies... =\

Slin

12 Shinys Owned?!?!
Years
ohh yea...
the lvl 100 mudkip and the lvl 100 chimecho makes a lot of people shout CHEATER!
but in fact I got the mudkip and sterted the game with it, when I recived the pokeballs I got a poochiena and used it as my starter and left the mudkip to be trained later with an everstone, because I don't like it's evolutions... it was dificult but I did it =P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Slin: Nice to meet you, but sorry, I don't believe that we count shinies from emulators..

Also, Chimecho are VERY rare (heck, I was trying to find one today for an hour and I failed >_>) so the fact that you have a shiny one is also suspicious.

I'm not a co-owner, so you have to wait until one stops by to consider granting you full membership (I think we decided against recreating the club, but at least I think we should have an active co-owner here and update some posts). Either way, if you love hunting for shinies, feel free to hang out here and get advice/support from the members. We're friendly~ ^_^

Right now, I'm tenaciously trying to complete my Hoenn dex for my Emerald. After that, I'm going to try to SR for a shiny Cyndaquil from the professor. Good luck to everyone~

Years
Awesome, hope that works!
I need some opinions: Should I Emerald RNG Trick, or Chain?
If so (for either) Then what should I hunt?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Awesome, hope that works!
I need some opinions: Should I Emerald RNG Trick, or Chain?
If so (for either) Then what should I hunt?

Well, Emerald's RNG is fishy. From my understanding, I've concluded that if you happen to find a shiny within a certain interval of time, you have a good chance of finding another shiny if you keep approaching this small interval of time. The string of random numbers loops from the time you boot up the game. In these numbers, there may be shiny numbers, so it's up to you to discover where they're at. For example, though it's not nearly as simple as this: If you found a shiny Kyogre by walking 5 steps before battling while breezing through the start up crap, you may find a shiny Groudon with identical IVs/nature if you had walked 5 steps and whatnot too. If you haven't found any shinies yet, then let your game play for a while to shuffle the RNG (to let the string of numbers run on, increase the time interval, whatever you want to call or see it as). You can also do a new game to change your ID number to change your chances. If you have had absolutely no luck at all, you can always factory reset:

To factory reset you press Start, Up, B at the title screen. It'll ask you if you want to clear all saved areas, say yes.

I never tried that (and I would kill myself if I accidentally did) but you can try it if you'd like.

The reason I'm trying the "cursed" Emerald is because I've found two shinies via the RNG clone method when SRing, so I'm bound to find another if I actually tried. I just can't remember if I was resetting fast or slow, since it's been so long ago and I didn't know too much about RNG.

I find chaining boring, but it's a good way to almost guarantee a new shiny if you manage to reach 40. I suggest chaining any swarm you like, or if you want a challenge, try anything in the Trophy Garden. Some other pokemon I recommend for chaining are Venomoth, Aron, Murkrow, Ponyta, Gligar, etc. Just hunt for whatever shiny you like. Emerald can offer the Hoenn trio, Regis, Anorith/Lileep, Sudowood, etc. There are many Trapinch/Sandshre in the Mirage Tower. If you want to fish with the super rod, there are only Corphish on the breeding route and Barboach on the route with Meteor Falls cave entrance. Choose whatever method you would like, and best of luck to you. :)

Slin

12 Shinys Owned?!?!
Years
Slin: Nice to meet you, but sorry, I don't believe that we count shinies from emulators..

Also, Chimecho are VERY rare (heck, I was trying to find one today for an hour and I failed >_>) so the fact that you have a shiny one is also suspicious.

I'm not a co-owner, so you have to wait until one stops by to consider granting you full membership (I think we decided against recreating the club, but at least I think we should have an active co-owner here and update some posts). Either way, if you love hunting for shinies, feel free to hang out here and get advice/support from the members. We're friendly~ ^_^

Right now, I'm tenaciously trying to complete my Hoenn dex for my Emerald. After that, I'm going to try to SR for a shiny Cyndaquil from the professor. Good luck to everyone~
I understand ur position... I know my shiny chimecho is very strange... hope I got it on a real pokemon ruby, not on an emulator... I was looking for latios when I found it xD
hope I can be a friend of the Shiny hunters comunity if I can't join...
GL on completing dex :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
I'm back to SRing for shiny Giratina in Platinum, after taking a few days off for SRing for Latias and my Electrode. I'm hoping it'll forgive me and decide to finally shine. My last count for Giratina is 39400, hopefully it won't take more than 50000 to finally appear shiny.

On Thursday, I actually found another shiny Electrode in Emerald while looking for a flawless Special Attack/Speed one xD. I wasn't really expecting to catch it, because I used the Masterball on the first one, and I figured it would explode on me. I threw a Repeat Ball at it and caught it on the first throw :). Like my first shiny Electrode, it has the same nature and stats as my first one, RNG clones FTW :D. I'd post pics, but I'm not sure if I can until a co-owner fully allows me in the club.

Oh and I finally got up to Latios in Emerald. I started SRing for a shiny one a few days ago. My RNG hasn't spit out a shiny, but I'm content to get it when it wants too. After all, I did get 3 new shinies so far this month.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Years
Speaking of Co-Owning, I think someone more active here should become a co-owner.
Such as TwilightBlade, DDD'S, Me, MAYBE Dragonking (He's moderately active :P) or even Storm Dragoon.
So we can welcome in new members without a super-long wait.

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
Hey guys. Well im grounded but on the weekdays so I wont be chaining often. >.< Stupid spanish class.
Well contrats to any new shinys if people got some. Havent read the post i've missed...
Gl peoples hope some shinys come your way!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
How can I prove the legitmancy of my shinies?
I play on an emulator... I know that's dificult to belive that I own all those shinies... =\

Endgame.
Last time I checked, they don't count at all. Against the rules I think.

In fact I wouldn't want to play a Pokemon game on an emulator, for if I found a shiny, I'd /wrists.

Correct.

Speaking of Co-Owning, I think someone more active here should become a co-owner.
Such as TwilightBlade, DDD'S, Me, MAYBE Dragonking (He's moderately active :P) or even Storm Dragoon.
So we can welcome in new members without a super-long wait.

Already been down that road before dude, not too long ago. You don't want Shido's weight thrown against you, do you? Nuh-uh. XD

LDD is watching. Always watching.

Except for the times she's not.

It's also about time for Yami Zidane to pop back in for a moment or two.

Let's at least make it 3 months before we start getting back on the "We need another Co-Owner" train again.

Good luck everyone, I'm probably gonna go get me some event Dragonites tomorrow. So I have to SR some Wondercard Pokemon tonight/tomorrow and delete some wondercards before I get over there tomorrow. No problem since all I've been doing is hatching eggs and not playing Pokemon, lol.....

Back