The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Gold Pokemon Metallic (2nd Release) (Pokemon Gold Hack)

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

View Poll Results: How should legendaries be included in the game?
Make them unobtainable, but make it possible to see them for the PokeDex. 0 0%
Make them obtainable in the wild, but in one certain patch of grass. 2 22.22%
Make them obtainable in the wild, but in different areas scattered across the Kanto region. 6 66.67%
None of the above. (Message your answer or comment) 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 16th, 2018 (7:11 AM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Da Man View Post
    I would agree with Typhlosion being fire/ground, the latter is the type a lot of other rom hacks give to it mainly, same with Feraligator being water/dark.

The Bulbasaur line makes zero sense being dragon personally, they are plant dinosaurs after all and I think staying Grass/Poison is fine. Its the only starter line across the entire series to be part poison after all.

The Chikorita line I feel is the one starter of them all to hugely benifit from having the Fairy type added had it exist in this hack, but since it ain't I suppose Rock would be a interesting thing to try, for a lack of a better secondary typing to think of.

As for the rest, I agree with Aurane, especially keeping Dragon away from the Charmander line till it becomes 'Zard.
    Think I’m probably going with Bulbasaur as a Ground/Grass type and Typhlosion as a Fire/Ground type. There may be no original poison starters but my game has Sandshrew as a starter who is Ground/Poison. I will be keeping dragon off of Char until it hits Charizard. Thanks so much for your input. :)

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 16th, 2018 (11:20 AM).
    The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
      Oddly enough the overall apperance of the bulbasaur line hints it wasnt based on a dinosaur but a mamallian therapsid (characteristiics being the leathery skin, differentiating teeth, and notably the external ear flaps in particular), and one or two are believed to have been venomous sort of like the modern komodo dragon. But I see your reasoning overall.
      Old July 17th, 2018 (5:23 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
        Oddly enough the overall apperance of the bulbasaur line hints it wasnt based on a dinosaur but a mamallian therapsid (characteristiics being the leathery skin, differentiating teeth, and notably the external ear flaps in particular), and one or two are believed to have been venomous sort of like the modern komodo dragon. But I see your reasoning overall.
        You make a compelling argument here. :o
        Old August 7th, 2018 (8:37 AM).

I’m looking for Pokémon to edit that haven’t already been edited. List your Pokémon and what you think it’s types/stats etc should be. (:
          Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:08 AM).

i've played like 30 hacks so far and this is 1 of my favourites

i can't really explain why i like it that much, its just some kind of magical, its a SPESHUL game

all the little details and everything ... wow! i know it's just an improvement of Gold but i really find GREAT DELIGHT in playing it

LOL i've even registered to say that and to express my wish for more gbc type games like pokemon prism, but i can imagine how unbelievably time consuming it must be to develop something like that
            Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:59 AM).

don't know if it has been mentioned yet, there's a small glitch in Fuchsia City: when u enter the Warden's House u can't get out anymore, at least that happened to me

still luving that game very much, its my favourite right next to Prism

Quick Reply