The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
Crazy Clause Challenge

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Old May 17th, 2018 (8:37 PM). Edited May 20th, 2018 by CodeHelmet.
Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lrachelr5 View Post
    Seeing as you gave me mine I will give you yours and you can do clause number 8.

Small update for my challenge I have just reached Hearthome City. My original team make up has change since starting this challenge, I originally wanted to use Magnezone but seeing as I managed to get an Aipom from a honey tree and decided to catch a Ralts to help deal with the fighting weakness of my team I think that the last pokemon I am going to use will be Mamoswine to have a electric immunity and a back up for Garchomp when I take on Cynthia.

TEAM

Abu
    Level: 17
    Ability: Pickup
    Nature: Naughty
    Moveset: Return, Sand-Attack, Astonish, Tail Whip

Harry
    Level: 17
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Quiet
    Moveset: Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Lucky Chant

James Hook
    Level: 21
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    Nature: Sassy
    Moveset: Rock Throw, Tackle, Rock Smash, Harden

[email protected] Bell
    Level: 27
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Rash
    Moveset: Mega Drain, Growth, Water Sport, Stun Spore

Carlos
    Level: 21
    Ability: Hustle
    Nature: Lonely
    Moveset: Metronome, Charm, Growl, Sweet Kiss
    Good luck on your run. Got Pikachu, Magnemite, Magmar, Electabuzz, Tangela, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Zubat, Poliwag, Oddish, Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee, Slowpoke, Onix, Lickitung, Rhyhorn, Chansey, Horsea, Mr.Mime, Jynx, Porygon and Snorlax to choose from. Some of them I can't get naturally(much less easily) so I'll go with what I can get without doing the Ditto Glitch. Knowing that, this is what my team is going to be:

I don't count Alola variants because if I did, I'd have Grimer, Geodude, Sandshrew, Vulpix and other Pokemon to choose from as well. Hmm... that would be an interesting clause challenge to play Pokemon who have Alolan variants :P

*Edit* Rather than waiting on someone to reply, I figure I’d just edit in my challenge result: Complete and utter success. I named my team after the Teen Titans with Robin the Pikachu leading my team for most of the journey. He was joined by BeastBoy the Zubat/Golbat, Starfire the Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume, Terra the Onix, Cyborg the Snorlax and Raven the Slowpoke/Slowbro who could hit harder than anyone when allowed to chant/use Amnesia.

First two Gym battles can be summarized in the following montage that is aptly named: Montage. Basically it was Double Team + whatever I needed to win. In Brock’s case, it was Tail Whip and Quick Attack while Misty merely required Thundershock. I had B.B. as backup for her Starmie but he honestly wasn’t needed. Heck the rival encounter in Cerulean was harder than Misty’s Gym Battle(I hate Sand Attack). Lt.Surge didn’t last long against Starfire’s Sleep Powder while B.B. made short work of Erika’s Grass Types. Koga... was honestly not as hard as I thought he would be simply due to sheer execution on my end. Opened with Starfire to stall with Sleep Powder so as to buy precious time needed for Terra to power up with Double Team. With evasion maxed, I only had to worry about status moves since Psychic wasn’t going to touch me and since Onix is surprisingly fast for a Rock/Ground Type, I merely Earthquaked to victory. Sabrina was merely Cyborg use Body Slam and watch the STAB move do its thing against the weak defense Abra line. Blaine didn’t last long against Raven while with Giovanni I got majorly lucky with Starfire. Firstly I managed to put his opening Dugtrio to sleep before swapping to Terra and getting Double Team going. The reason I was lucky though is that I got hit with an EQ that nearly KO’d Starfire before she could even use Sleep Powder. Got to love Oddish line’s Defense. With Terra now avoiding Ground moves, I then EQ to victory.

As for E4, Lorelei went fast thanks to Starfire stalling for Robin(Double Team is OP). For Bruno, Starfire stalled for Raven wherein Surf and Psychic wrecked his team. Agatha was frankly no contest with Raven OHKO after powering up with Amnesia(Mega Drain on first Gengar stung though). Lance was the Starfire and Terra show. Put Gyrados to sleep, swapped Terra in for Double Team before using Rock Slide to knock it out. Then with the Immunity to the Electric moves on the first Dragonair(as well as resistance to Hyper Beam), I steamrolled to victory. The battle with Blue/Gary was more of the same, although I had a repeat of the Giovanni battle to open the Champion bout. I started with Starfire with the intent of stalling for another team member(in this case Raven) to power up but got hit by a wicked Earthquake. Thankfully Oddish line has some respectable physical defense and was able to survive it to put Sandslash to sleep. With Sandslash asleep, Raven swapped in, powered up and shredded Sandslash, Alakazam, Cloyster, Exeggutor(his moveset honestly sucks) and Ninetales with Surf/Psychic/Ice Beam. Swapped to Terra for the battle with Jolteon and won with a OHKO Earthquake.

MVP of run was frankly Starfire. While Terra and Raven did the bulk of the fighting, they got set up by Starfire and hence I got to give credit where it’s due.

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 4th, 2018 (10:49 AM).
    Audino Master

Crazy Clause Challenge in Pokémon Y

CHAPTER 2 - Probably the chosen one

Ohh god. I wanted to play the game so much, but I had so much work to do and then I just picked another game to play. But now, I finally did continued this adventure.
    I caught another 3 Pokémon for my team before 2nd Gym and it was pretty hard to train all of them.
    Absol - represents the tragic story of Anakin Skywalker.
    Malamar - Psychic/Dark typing is imho best suited for the Force.
    Doublade/Aegislash - Does this need anything to say? Lightsaber!

I just beat the 4th Gym. So far I had pretty hard time in-between 2nd and 3rd Gym, because my new members were all underleveled and had poor moves. But that's part of the fun.

Team

Knight, Lonely Male Chesnaught
    lvl 39, Overgrow
    - Power-Up Punch
    - Leech Seed
    - Seed Bomb
    - Spiky Shield

Padmé, Quirky Female Pyroar
    lvl 38, Rivalry
    - Headbutt
    - Noble Roar
    - Flamethrower
    - Work Up

Lightsaber, Docile Female Doublade
    lvl 37, No Guard
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Swords Dance
    - Aerial Ace
    - Night Slash

Force, Hasty Male Malamar
    lvl 36, Suction Cups
    - Psybeam
    - Swagger
    - Topsy-Turvy
    - Foul Play

Prophecy, Calm Female Absol
    lvl 36, Super Luck
    - Bite
    - Quick Attack
    - Slash
    - Swords Dance
    Old June 9th, 2018 (8:15 AM). Edited June 9th, 2018 by Zemanahrad.
    Audino Master

Crazy Clause Challenge in Pokémon Y

THE END

Okay, this challenge was something. It took me some time to actually sit down and play it, but after almost half a year, I finally completed it. And as I mentioned in previous logs, almost every battle was a challenge. I feel like all the wins were deserved. It escalated to the point that I equiped by Pokémon with items.
    I had no counter to Malva's Fire-Types and 2 Pokémon weak to her, so I was limited to 4 Pokémon. Siebold was easy... Or would be, if Knight wasn't taken down by Starmie. Wikstrom was easier that previous two E4 members, but still nice challenge. I decided to use Interceptor so Drasna would have a chance too.
    After that, I entered my Ash Ketchum mode, turning imaginary cap back to front and challenged Diantha. Everything went smoothly until Mega Gardevoir. Now the real battle begins. Gardevoir 1HKO'ing Prophecy, Interceptor and Force, before finally falling to Lightsaber.
    There was AZ battle afterwards, but that was probably the easiest battle from the whole run.

In the end, I Wondertraded Yveltal and my team. And then traded the Pokémon I got until I got freshly caught Pidgeys/Wurmples.

Ohh, and here's Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Team

Knight, Lonely Male Chesnaught @Black Belt
    lvl 66, Overgrow
    - Hammer Arm
    - Leech Seed
    - Wood Hammer
    - Spiky Shield

Padmé, Quirky Female Pyroar @Flame Plate
    lvl 69, Rivalry
    - Hyper Voice
    - Noble Roar
    - Flamethrower
    - Work Up

Lightsaber, Docile Female Aegislash @Leftovers
    lvl 69, Stance Change
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Swords Dance
    - Iron Head
    - King's Shield

Force, Hasty Male Malamar @Mind Plate
    lvl 67, Suction Cups
    - Psycho Cut
    - Swagger
    - Night Slash
    - Superpower

Prophecy, Calm Female Absol @Black Glasses
    lvl 67, Super Luck
    - Night Slash
    - Sucker Punch
    - Psycho Cut
    - Swords Dance

Interceptor, Bold Male Noivern @Quick Claw
    lvl 64, Infiltrator
    - Hurricane
    - Fly
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Boomburst

And with that, this challenge is completed. I decided I'll continue with other crazy clauses, so if someone would be that kind and pick another one for me:
    Pokemon inspired by Japanese Folklore
    Pokemon used by Ash Ketchum in the anime
    Evil (either evil looking or with evil Pokedex entries) Pokemon
    Pokemon that Anakin Skywalker would use
    Old June 21st, 2018 (5:34 PM). Edited June 21st, 2018 by Whallan.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Zemanahrad View Post
      And with that, this challenge is completed. I decided I'll continue with other crazy clauses, so if someone would be that kind and pick another one for me:
      Pokemon inspired by Japanese Folklore
      Pokemon used by Ash Ketchum in the anime
      Evil (either evil looking or with evil Pokedex entries) Pokemon
      Pokemon that Anakin Skywalker would use
      You can have Pokemon inspired by Japanese folklore.

First Update for my turtle team.

I have just obtained the 3rd Gym badge. Annoyingly the majority of my team won't be until late game.

Team so far:

Leonardo Lv. 32
      - Bite
      - Rapid Spin
      - Aqua Tail
      - Rock Tomb

Donatello Lv. 26
      - Rock Smash
      - Bite
      - Ember
      - Headbutt
      Old June 23rd, 2018 (8:07 PM).

Username: DarkVee77
        Game: Gold
        Condition list: I'll play with

Pokemon that Fire Emblem Lords wound use
        Pokemon that roam at Night
        Pokemon that have a sad pokedex entry
        Pokemon that evolve though friendship
        Pokemon that Team Rocket wound use
        Old July 6th, 2018 (1:28 AM).
        Audino Master

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Whallan View Post
        You can have Pokemon inspired by Japanese folklore.
        Thanks!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DarkVee77 View Post
        Username: DarkVee77
        Game: Gold
        Condition list: I'll play with

Pokemon that Fire Emblem Lords wound use
        Pokemon that roam at Night
        Pokemon that have a sad pokedex entry
        Pokemon that evolve though friendship
        Pokemon that Team Rocket wound use
        For some reason your post was flagged as spam, so I haven't seen it until now, but I think you can use Pokémon that have a sad pokedex entry.
        Old July 12th, 2018 (11:19 AM).

Oh this challenge gets me excited at the thought of doing. Also if i hadn't read through all the starting stuff i wouldn't have realized there was a randomizer thingy for things like leaf green so I'll be experimenting with that too. Anyway, here's my sign-up:

Username: Sylvie
          Game: Randomized FireRed
          Conditions I'll play with:
          Use only colorless pokemon (white black and grey as they're technically Shades)
          use only Pokemon that don't evolve
          Use only pokemon that look like they belong on a farm
          use only pokemon that would be prey (Ex. Pikachu as its a mouse)
          Use only pokemon a thief would choose

Completed Challenges
          Crazy Clause - Randomised Fire red - Use only colorless pokemon
          Old July 12th, 2018 (12:26 PM).
          Audino Master

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
          Oh this challenge gets me excited at the thought of doing. Also if i hadn't read through all the starting stuff i wouldn't have realized there was a randomizer thingy for things like leaf green so I'll be experimenting with that too. Anyway, here's my sign-up:

Username: Sylvie
          Game: Randomized FireRed
          Conditions I'll play with:
          Use only colorless pokemon (white black and grey as they're technically Shades)
          use only Pokemon that don't evolve
          Use only pokemon that look like they belong on a farm
          use only pokemon that would be prey (Ex. Pikachu as its a mouse)
          Use only pokemon a thief would choose
          Randomized runs are fun. And I think you can go with only colorless pokemon. That sounds like pretty challenging run sd there aren't that many white/black/gray Pokémon.
          Old July 12th, 2018 (11:34 PM). Edited July 19th, 2018 by Sylvie.

Quote:
            Randomized runs are fun. And I think you can go with only colorless pokemon. That sounds like pretty challenging run sd there aren't that many white/black/gray Pokémon.
            Sweet, made a start. naturally using This as my color guide
            I think the randomizer was pretty kind to me when it came to colorless though.

Use only colorless pokemon
            Journey:
            #1.
            Spoiler:
            Began and named self Sylvie.
            Starter choices were: Muk, Kangaskan and Delibird.

Chose Kangaskan for now thinking it should be decent until i find a pokemon qualifying for my team. named it Tiko. Rival chose Muk, comet punched him to death in battle.

Rushed through delivery so i could access pokeballs and properly start hunting for my teamrefused to leave route 1 until i found my first pokemon. (there were lots of sunflora o.o) Wasted all my pokeballs on an onix, who i then had to kill :<

Spent all my money on more Pokeballs. Returned to route 1. Caught a Phanpy and named it Jumbo, put Tiko in the box, can finally start my adventure!

Caught a lvl 2 machamp while training Jumbo, named her Athena Trained them both to 10-ish then defeated Green on route 22.

Was taught how to catch pokemon, then luckily encountered a Murkrow outside of veridian forest. Caught her and named her Salem. Headed into the forest where i found a beautiful white Absol. i LOVE Absol.. but so far colorless pokemon have all proven difficult to catch and have taken many pokeballs, so i ran out without catching the Absol and had to kill it. Also i'm out of money, guess no more pokemon for a while :<

Arrived at Pewter and challenged Brock. He had a Torchic and a Beautifly, handled them no problem with Athena and Salem. Recieved the Boulderbadge but more importantly MONEY.

Spent all money on pokeballs and set off for the next city.

Used half of my new Pokeballs on a Skarmory i named Razor, then caught a Snorunt named Blizzard. started training my new members

Saved in Mt.moon and called it a day

#2.
            Spoiler:
            failed to catch any sevipers in mt.moon but took a dome fossil

apparently Rayquaza's like to hang out around cerulean. maybe i could get super lucky and get a black shiny? xD

Defeated Rival in cerulean, this time he had a Bulbasaur, Grimer, Spinerak and his Muk starter.

Caught Fluffy the mareep since for some reason its classed as white. since i cannot evolve it though i'll probably replace it at the first opportunity

Helped Bill out then challenged Misty, Razor wiped the floor with her Treecko and Ludicolo, Got the Cascade badge.

Decided to put Fluffy in the PC, without an everstone the constant cancelling was becoming tiresome, and he struggled to pull his own weight.

Arrived in Vermilion city, and went to train in 11 where i found a very gray Aron i named Phalanx, if i find anything else it can replace Razor to balance the team. While training up Phalanx i also stumbled across a very black looking Dusclops, swapped it out with Razor to balance the team a bit

Taught Phalanx dig and rock tomb.

Entered the SS anne and while battling through the trainers onboard Jumbo lost his colour and evolved into a Donphan (though he still doesnt seem interested in learning anything that isnt a normal type move..)Defeated my rival ( he had an omanyte, dugtrio, mawile and his Muk this time) and learned the skill CUT. Taught CUT to Phalanx as he was the only one able.

Challenged the gym, he had a surprisingly strong Spoink, a quagsire and...a Ditto. had a minor struggle on the first two but eventually won my thunderbadge.

Back tracked through diglett cave where i caught a sleek black mightyena for the box. You never know. Also spotted a Seviper and a Houndour(lvl 31 who naturally knew roar xD). This cave is a black pokemon goldmine! Caught Fang the Seviper for the box, but no luck with grabbing a houndour.

Anyway, turns out i havent caught enough regional pokemon for HM05 (think thats flash) so meh, travelled back through diglett cave again for an easier route to cerulean and rock tunnel.

missed out on a sneasel and houndour for the box in the darkness of rock tunnel but caught Clay the claydol. There was a weird kid standing in the darkness teaching Rockslide, so i had Jumbo learn it. Also caught Nina the Butterfree here too (i still dont get why its classed as white. for its wings? but its body is purple. Also without random this would probs be my main pokemon in standard game lol)

Finally made it out of Rock tunnel and took my exhausted team to Lavender towns Pokecenter before moving straight on to cerulean city. Caught Kira the kirlia outside kind of want to use it but not sure where i can fit her in at the moment.

Decided to get the gym out of the way and earnt my rainbow badge (Erica had a self-destructing claydol,a crawdunt and a seaking). Once that was done, i popped over to the 'secret' area to get HM Fly, ( a celebi appeared here :<)then headed off to destroy the team rocket base in the game corner and retrieve the Silph scope.

With that done and Giovanni defeated for now, my team and i return to lavender town through saffron city

Defeated rival in the ghost tower (he had his muk, a sableye and i completely forgot the 3rd). Found both a gray armaldo and remoraid inside the tower and tried to catch them incase no one knew surf later. But after 30 pokeballs and 2 great balls i was all out of luck. Maybe i can find a nice white Seel...popped out and bought 61 great balls (id been saving up). That should do it. Returned to the pokemon ghost tower.

Saved Mr.Fuji and calmed the marowak's spirit but didnt encounter another remoraid or armaldo. Oh well at least i have a pokeflute now.

Returned to Saffron city to liberate the Silph building, then remembered how big and annoying it could be with all the warp panels so saved and called it a night.

#3:
            Spoiler:
            Was a bit of a lvl jump at Silph co and i feel like maybe i should have headed down to get Koga's badge first... oh well.

After battling a difficult Rival (he had Muk, Pinsir, nidorina, and two others who i forget though they nearly destroyed my team) some guy claimed he was giving me a lapras, but when i checked the ball it was a dugtrio! put L in the box.

Defeated giovanni again and got the master ball (his dodrio was particularily strong)

Decided to challenge Sabrina because i like the idea that you can go in whatever order you want and leaders should have pokemon teams to challenge based ont he amount of badges you already have (i mean what if you started off in Say, Saffron City, Brock would probably end up being at least badge number 4-5 for you right?)

Defeated Sabrina, her pokemon weren't too terrible to be honest, noctowl's hypnosis was a tad annoying as it kept spamming it and her magmar had a strong fire punch but her others were pushovers (i really need to pay attention to what they are sorry! im just so tired lately)

Forgot this was random so got excited to catch a sleeping Snorlax blocking the sea route down to Koga's gym but it had turned into an Arcanine upon waking! Found a spot along thsi route where a
            Lugia liked to hang out, but he hit me with a Whirlwind and escaped, never to be seen again so i gave up trying to add one to my party :<

Doing Saffron first was great training as we easily breezed through the trainers guarding the way to
            fuschia city. Though we also found a groudon just minding his own business in some grass, knocked him out as he was too colorful for my team

Caught Pep the Togepi on route 14 instead.

Made it to Fuschia city where i entered the safari zone to collect dropped items. Made it all the way
            to the farthest corner and i recieved the Surf HM as a reward, however no one was able to learn it
            looks like i need to return to lavenders towns pokemon tower and try to catch that anorith afterall,
            unless i can find a seel somewhere around here. As a side note, caught Wally the white ralts and Blade the Zangoose in the safari zone.

Found someones yucky gold teeth...better return them.

Gave the warden back his teeth, was given the strength HM as a reward. Naturally taught it to Athena.

Was going to return to lavender via the bike route for training but realized i hadn't cashed in my bike vouchernyet, so i just wiped the floor with Koga (he had Slowpoke, Raichu, natu, and sandslash)before heading back the standard way to get both an armaldo and a bike...

When i got back to the Pokemon tower, Phalanx evolved from the encounters there trying to find an armaldo

After a long search i finally caught Nora the Grey armaldo. Turns out Nora cannot learn surf....but my newly evolved Phalanx now can! Had him forget Cut (Hoping nora can learn that if i need it again) and taught Phalanx Surf. Decided i couldn't be bothered to backtrack for a bike just yet. moved on past Fuschia and onto route 19.

Arrived at Seafoam islands and actually struggled getting through it in one piece. while my levels are stronger the pokemon here hit hard. Needed to fly to get to a pokemon center...then remembered in general that i had Fly so flew to cerulean (you dolt) and got a bike, then flew down to bike road via celadon city (The sleeping snorlax there was actually a sleeping jiraichi) and trained there a bit.

(At the end of the cycling road back at fuschia..theres a guy looking to trade...He wants an articuno. He's willing to give up his beloved Shuckle for one... HAHAHAHAHAHAH)

Found what i thought to be articuno in the cave. Only to find it was a craftily disguised spinda! I killed it for its treachery.

Blizzard finally evolved into a Glalie just outside of the Cinnabar islands.

Inside the pokemon labs on Cinnabar islands theres a guy willing to trade his Regice for a seaking. A lady wanting to swap a Seviper for her Ninetails and a guy who wanted to trade a Ludicolo for his Metagross. Not bad. Also a hyper guy took my Dome fossil that i got ages ago and claimed it contained a Shelgon. Then he took it and told me to come back later. I named the revived Shelgon Lady and let her sit inside my PC.

The Gym was locked so i explored inside the burned down mansion instead. The leader was probably out for lunch or something. I caught Aero the Aerodactyl while in there. (ironically i encountered a mew here too, right after reading a document about it) Also spotted a real articuno and zapdos, as well as some dragonite. How is this place not filledwith researchers?

Finally found my way through the decrepid maze and found a Key in the basement. Took it just incase. Returned to the pokemon center to heal as that was a gruelling endurance race (pokemon literally attacked me every 3-4 steps) and nearly wiped my minuscule collection of medicine so i popped over to the Pokemart as well before seeing if the gym was open yet.

The gym was indeed open after the time i spent inside the mansion, and i battled my way through aspiring hopefuls (including one clueless ex-thief who proudly and simply announced that he liked using fire-types likea 5yr who repeatedly tells people they like trains....only to send out a corsola to battle with. Off to the trainer school with you!)

only struggled with Blaine a little bit, as he had a Natu, Ampharos, Arbok that liked to flinch spam bite
            and an Umbreon. Ampharos spammed cotton spore alot and had static but at least Jumbo's rollout helped out with that problem until as mentioned before Arbok made us flinch with every single bite. Yup Jumbo still insists on being affected by EVERYTHING. Received the Volcano badge.

As soon as i left the gym, thinking about getting my final badge i got blindsided by bill and dragged to ONE island. Shortly after that i was sent out to do deliveries over various islands. Who does Bill think i am exactly? Well atleast its more training...

Was given Rock Smash at a relaxing Spa. We Chilled here a while.

Current Team:
            Spoiler:
            Jumbo lvl 49
            Bashful/Sturdy
            Rock Slide/Tackle/Rollout/Earthquake
            Has become a bit more reliable since evolving and learning a move that wasnt just normal type. Still has a tendency to get every ailment under the sun though

Athena lvl 47
            Bold/Guts
            Vital throw/Strength/Focus energy/Cross Chop
            Still one of my most vital teammates, when im lacking type advantage i tend to just power through with her
            Salem lvl 46
            Timid/Insomnia
            Peck/Fly/Faint attack/Haze
            Has yet to let me down a good allrounder
            Blizzard lvl 46
            Timid/Inner Focus
            Hail/Ice beam/Protect/Crunch
            slightly less of a glass cannon since evolving
            Phalanx lvl 46
            Careful/Sturdy
            Iron Defense/Dig/Surf/Metal Claw
            The team member with the most useful move variety so far
            Hollow lvl 45
            Quiet/Pressure
            Shadow punch/Pursuit/Disable/Confuse Ray
            becoming less useful as the game goes on may have to consider a replacement if his moveset doesnt improve

Completed Challenges
            Old July 21st, 2018 (2:41 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2018 by Sylvie.

Use only Colorless pokemon

Final log:
              Spoiler:
              Taught Rock Smash to Hollow

Made it over to Mt.Ember though honestly i've already forgotten what i was asked to do. Found what i thought was a Moltres at the top, but it turned out to be a skiploom. got to get my eyes checked. Killed it for its treachery.

Flew back to one island pokecenter and then surfed down to treasure beach to see what i could find. After finding a stardust and ultraball in the sand i finally made my way to two island having remembered what i got dragged here for

Got asked to search for someone on three island, some punk biker seemed to be heading there too. didn't look good, the person i'm meant to look for may be the same person who i need to deliver bills items to. Headed there straight away as two island didn't seem to hold much other than a cooky old lady who lived alone on a hill.

On arrival i could see a biker gang terrorizing the residents. Guess i have to do everything myself *sigh* After saving some people i was told the girl i was looking for, Lostelle had gone towards a place called bond bridge. So i went there after her.

I eventually found Lostelle inside the mini-maze that was berry forest. She was just a child so clearly wasn't the person bill wanted me to deliver stuff to. And apparently a really scary pokemon was terrorizing her. It turned out to be a phanpy who just wanted to play, but Lostelle wasn't having any of it so i chased it away. Afterwards i took the child straight home. Honestly though what was her father thinking letting his young daughter wander off like that to pick berries without a pokemon for protection?....Although it turns out Lostelle's father was the guy bill wanted me to deliver the meteorite to, so at least that job was over.

I met back up with bill and was finally allowed to return to Kanto. 8th gym here i come!

Surfed down to pallet via route 21 to collect some trainer exp.

Flew to Viridan and challenged the gym. Surprise surprise Giovanni runs it. Took down his farfetched in one shot with Blizzards ice beam. He also had a Quagsire with a decent earthquake that didn't bother Salem at all, an ampharos who fell to jumbo's earthquake, a chikorita who was eaten by Salem once again and a Sandslash (i know! i am also very surprised when people have pokemon types they're meant to in a random game!) Salem killed that too.

Recieved my 8th and final badge. Elite 4 your next!

Was challenged by Rival on the way, he had a knock off spamming hariyama who hollow just about managed to defeat, an unimpressive nidorino who jumbo took care of, a strong walrein who knocked out jumbo and easily tanked an earthquake. A clefairy, an ampharos (everyone seems to have one) and his Muk. he was a bit more difficult this time round but we beat him anyway

Finally made it through Victory road, my team tired and exhausted with next to no PP. good going guys, now we can finally challenge the league.

====E4====

===Lorelei===

=.Salem (51) vs Hypno (52).=
              Salem hits with faint attack and hypnos counter move fails to affect Salem as shes dark type. Hits with another faint attack but Hypno is more clever this time and smacks us with a swagger. While Salem is injuring itself in confusion Hypno meditates to raise its stats, however he gets knocked down by a lucky peck. Switch Salem out to rest and recover from her status effect.

=.Athena (53) vs Suicune (54).=
              We begin by focusing our energy hoping for the battle to be over early, and turns out suicune knows gust. Athena takes it like a champ and chips away at Suicune with a cross chop while its busy covering itself in Mist. Suicune then makes it rain, probably prepping up for a big attack so we critical hit with some Strength to further lower its health. However it nommed on a sitrus berry to recover before blasting out an aurora beam, our next strength only removes the hp recovered with Suicunes berry. we followed up with a vital throw but Lorelei used a full restore (B*tch), cross chop did very little again and i started to consider using someone else for this battle. Suicune started spamming Gust, so we copied and spammed strength as it was the most effective move. Suicune died first. Athena deserved a rest.

=.Blizzard (50) Vs Feraligatr (51).=
              This team really has no variety.We begin with Hail to get in some chip damage while Feraligatr pulls a scary face. It was enough to allow it the first move, and he got a good slash in before we could crunch it. both attacks hit. Lorelei suddenly switched out Feraligatr.

=. Blizzard (50) Vs Breloom (51).=
              Breloom was 1HKO by an incoming Ice beam.

=.Blizzard (51) Vs Belossom (54).=
              Hail was still in effect and chipped away at the little flower. Belossom tried to hit us with stun spore but Blizzard evaded and crit hit with another ice beam, also 1HKO the grass type. Blizzard deserves a rest.

=.Salem/Jumbo Vs Feraligatr (51).=
              Hail was still in effect, damaging both of the battle weary pokemon. We utilized a Fly to avoid a scary face only to be hit by a slash as the hail stopped. Tried to utilize speed to win the c'ose battle but the damage of faint attack wasn't quite enough and another slash knocked Salem out cold.

Lorelei used a full restore (B*itch) meaning jumbo was no longer going to have a nice easy fight. We smacked them with a rock slide before following with an earthquake, tanking a bite in the process. Luckily Feraligatr wasn't too keen on using a water type move, instead opting to bite us again, allowing us to kill it with another rock slide.
              ------------------------
              Healed up
              ------------------------

===Bruno===

=.Salem/Jumbo Vs Nidorina (51).=
              Started with a faint attack but was hit with a flatter confusing us, so i swapped Salem for Jumbo. Jumbo took a bite for his courage but quickly ended the fight with an earthquake.

=.Salem(53) Vs Parasect(54).=
              1HKO with Fly

=.Phalanx(54) Vs Gligar(53).=
              Got attacked with a tackle, so we drowned it with a surf. it was super effective but the flying scorpion survived. It screeched at us in a rage so we drowned it some more. this time it stayed dead.

=.Athena(53) Vs Zangoose(53).=
              our defense got lowered with a strong hitting crush claw but we one shot the opponent with cross chop. Bruno is a lot easier than lorelei.

=.Jumbo(54) Vs Charizard(56).=
              Charizard nearly took Jumbo out straight away with a blazing hot flamethrower. Jumbo hung on with 20 hP and killed it with a rock slide.
              ----------------------------
              healed up
              ----------------------------

===Agatha===

=.Salem(52) Vs Chansey(54).=
              Started with Fly, while chansey opened with light screen, got hit with an egg bomb on the way down, so i flew again to avoid too much damage. Naturally the opponents next attack missed but it hung on with 1 hp from my fly. in its weakened state chanseys egg bomb missed again so i finished it off with a well named faint attack... or at least that was the plan until Agatha used a full restore. Faint attack hit and did minimal damage, as did peck, but chansey's egg bomb hurt. meaning i had to go back to Fly tactics and whittle it back down again. Seeing my tactics, chansey used both light screen and defense curl but it wasn't enough to save it from my Fly barrage.

=.Athena(53) Vs Glalie(54).=
              Allowed Glalie to cast hail first so we could guarantee a hit with vital throw, leaving it in the red. The blizzard it countered with knocked Athena down half but thankfully strength hit and we killed it.

=.EVERYONE(but Salem) Vs Vaporeon(58).=
              Ah this battle may be difficult i think as soon as i see the opponents level. Hail is still in effect damaging the both of us. i try to start with confuse ray but nearly get killed by a hydro pump. at least confuse ray hits but time for a switch. Vaporeon hurts itself in confusion leaving Athena free to swap in without damage. though it hits us with a hydro pump before we could get off a move and Athena passes out.

Blizzard steps in hoping his typing will reduce the damage and surprisingly he gets to move first. The hail stops, he crunches and Vaporeon uses acid armor without injuring itself. We try an ice beam to little effect and vaporeon hurts itself again but turns out it had a sitrus berry too.

We started up the hail again and vaporeon shook off its confusion. hydro pump is a painful move. We tried a protect hoping hydro pump soon runs out of pp And ot may have worked as while my crunch was pretty useless the opponent switched to aurora beam. which still killed blizzard...

Phalanx stepped in, the aurora beam doing little damage and we began to chip away with metal claw and dig, although we may have made things worse for ourselves when we tried a surf attack only for it to be absorbed. vaporeon then kept chipping away at US until phalanx died.

Jumbo put an end to the madness with earthquake, surviving an aurora beam in the process.

=.Jumbo/Salem/Athena Vs Azumarill (53).=
              started with a rock slide while i debated offering jumbo as a sacrifice to revive the fallen. then it started to rain. i felt some misplaced bravery and tackled the opponent before dying to bubble beam. Should have just sacrificed.

Enter Salem, and then i actually used a max revive on Athena the powerhouse. We used fly to avoid another bubble beam, my move hit but did not hurt the opponent as hoped. and we also got hit by a double-edge critical hit and died. This is not going well.

Athena flexed her muscles, the rain stopped, we toughed out another double edge and then smacked the annoying water mouse with a vital throw and ended the reign of terror.

=.Athena Vs Mightyena(56).=
              THANK ARCEUS the last pokemon was something we could one shot. So we did.
              ------------
              Healed up
              ------------

===Lance===

=.Phalanx(54) Vs Steelix(56).=
              Started with two counts of Iron defense and followed up with a dig, while Steelix spammed iron tail trying to lower my defense. While super effective Dig didn't achieve much in the way of damage. Surf was much more effective however. Used it again and knocked it out. Steelix never used any
              move other than iron tail. Come on Lance your meant to be the leader of the E4!...Oh

=.Athena/Hollow/Jumbo Vs WAILORD(58).=
              Oh...oh god its going to be vaporeon all over again. Both sides tanked up, Athena with Focus energy and wailord with mist. Then i got hit with a seriously strong water spout, and hit back with an almost as strong(?) cross chop. Wasn't able to get a second move in though as the one trick pony
              did it again and knocked out Athena.

Hollow survived the next water spout a bit better off than Athena and blasted Wailord with a confuse ray. There that should help... He used water spout anyway, and shadow punch merely tickled the beast. THEN IT HAD THE GALL TO GO TO SLEEP AND REST.

While he was sleeping i switched to Jumbo and spammed two counts of earthquake, which woke the bugger up and he proceeded to shroud himself in mist, but at least he was in the red! Of course though Lance used a full restore just before my rock slide hit so ONCE AGAIN i had to whittle it down. Dragonite in the non random game was easier!!! Once again i hit the giant beast with an earthquake while it had a bout of amnesia. i felt like it was taunting me. It clearly was because it used rest again. Two final more earthquakes and it was finally down. That was only pokemon number 2 god damn.

=.Jumbo(54) Vs Articuno(60).=
              God damn. Got hit by a 1HKO super effective ice beam before Jumbo could even drop any rocks on it. Threw in Blizzard, Articuno used mind reader and at this point we just spammed crunch. Articuno's ice beam still hit us hard despite our resistances and (naturally) the legendary bird had a sitrus berry.
              LUCKILY Articuno suddenly got really dumb and just kept using mind reader so eventually Blizzard ate it.

=.Phalanx(54) Vs Lairon(54).=
              Finally something we know how to handle. Used surf. It knew protect, so we tried again but it survived, we dodged the iron tail it threw our way before digging a hole and killing it that way. it never landed a hit.

=.Phalanx(54) Vs Persian(54).=
              Started with Iron defense for extra security, the faint attack the opponent used was pretty weak. was confident i could Revive Athena without too much damage and was correct as once again Faint attack was used. Lance is turning out to be very much a one trick pony. Persian spammed Faint attack whittling away at my health, but we used dig, surf and a metal claw and it was dead.
              ------------
              healed up
              ------------
              Can someone please explain how my rival got here and beat the championship first? i beat him outside of viridian, he never passed me inside victory road... unless he had already gotten here in the past and flew here in which case why had he traveled back? always bothered me..
              Anyway:

===Rival Green===

=.Phalanx/Jumbo Vs Marowak(59).=
              Marowak is the faster pokemon and scared me to death with a bone rush which thankfully missed. My surf however didn't but it also didn't kill it. Green used a full restore, ruining my metal claw finisher. This time bone rush didn't miss, 3 hits and i was almost dead, also my surf was apparently a crit last time because it did even less damage.

Jumbo was thrown in after Phalanx died to another bone rush because everyone is a spammer these days. Thankfully Marowak used thrash this time allowing the usual earthquake to finish the job. Jumbo is finally pulling his weight!

=.Blizzard/Athena Vs Octillery(57).= I really am no good against water types..
              How is green so strong? we were even up until now and the league has barely trained me. poop. Blizzard made it hail and octazooka missed, hail chip damage occurred. I used protect twice, the first time he just focused his energy and the second i guarded against an octazooka. im scared of it. i dont want to have to grind.

Crunch did nothing. octazooka crit. lowered my accuracy and left me with 18hp. flustered, i used protect again, before using a full restore. Paid off as octillery used an ice beam (which also crit dammit) but left me with over half hp. used my own ice beam, still chipping away (this thing can take hits if your not something its weak too) and survived the next octazooka, accuracy was still lowered though. Decided to sacrifice blizzard to revive phalanx.

with Blizzard down, Athena stepped in and ended my struggles in one cross chop.

=.Salem(52) Vs Slowbro(59).= *sigh*
              Blizzard's crunch probably would have been useful here.
              Being faster, Salem hit for alright damage with faint attack, Slowbro chose to withdraw. I used Faint attack again and Slowbro chose to use amnesia, forgetting he was in battle. Wasn't even surprised when Green used a full restore. two more faint attacks, slowbro used another withdraw, changed tactics and used Fly.

Was a useless tactic slowbro was able to withdraw twice more and took next to no damage....another faint attack another amnesia then i remembered i had Haze. knew i kept it for something!

removed all of slowbros stat changes which he desperately kept trying to raise. Wailed on him faint attack again. Killed slowbro, it never remembered to attack and for that i am glad.

=.Athena(54) Vs Kangaskhan(59).=
              Kanga was faster with her dizzy punch while we once again focused our energies. Thankfully we remained sane, survived the next dizzy punch without getting confused too but cross chop missed. got hit by yet another dizzy punch but it meant my vital throw didn't miss, however kanga was only in the yellow whereas i was in the red. Used a full restore. Took two more dizzy punches for my troubles but at least was able to remove the opponent from play with a final vital throw.

=.Jumbo(54) Vs Steelix(61).=
              Earthquake it! Earthquake it now!! tank that iron tail! earthquake it again!? Quick im scared of this! YEAH. killed it!

=.Jumbo/Phalanx Vs Muk963).=
              Muk used acid armor and we used earthquake! (of course) it had a sitrus berry, but we have a chance, just throw everyone at it!Acid armor was used again, took less damage from earthquake this time but thats okay, lets build up a rollout...or not, that's cool too...

We got hit by two sludge bombs, were poisoned and then muk was given a full restore while we missed and died...

Phalanx, your immune to poison, go go go!

Muk screeched at us so we countered with iron defense. he screeched again, so we hid underground. Dig didn't do much, and muk started spamming screech, so i resurrected Jumbo because earthquake. Muk's defense is at max, we had a screech/iron armor battle until i got bored. Surf did little but i kept trying. At least sludge bomb doesn't affect Phalanx at all, so its a battle of pp!...oh. Muk used memento. it committed suicide to weaken me despite being the last pokemon on the team so he commited suicide for nothing..huh. anti-climactic....

-----
              i guess i won?

Entered the hall of fame.

Final Team:

Jumbo lvl 55
              Bashful/Sturdy
              Rock slide/Tackle/Earthquake/Rollout

Athena lvl 54
              Bold/Guts
              Vital throw/Strength/Focus energy/Cross chop

Salem lvl 53
              Timid/Insomnia
              Peck/Fly/Haze/Faint attack

Phalanx lvl 55
              Careful/Sturdy
              Iron defense/Surf/Dig/Metal claw

Blizzard lvl 51
              Timid/Inner focus
              Hail/Ice beam/Protect/Crunch

Hollow lvl 50
              Quiet/Pressure
              Confuse Ray/Shadow punch/Rock smash/Pursuit

Well that was fun. Will definitely sign up to do another in the future. Once i've thought up some more potentially fun and challenging clauses.

Completed Challenges
              Old July 23rd, 2018 (1:32 PM).

So my 3ds stopped working and I can't play Moon until I get another 3ds so I'm just gonna apply again for Pokemon Emerald.

Username: Ilpov_Kifny
                Game: Randomized Emerald
                Conditions:
                Only first evolutions
                Only Pokemon that are related to the Five Elements(Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water)
                Only Pokemon used by the evil teams
                Only Pokemon that can fly(they need to be able to learn the move)
                Old July 24th, 2018 (6:31 AM).
                Audino Master

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ilpov_Kifny View Post
                Username: Ilpov_Kifny
                Game: Randomized Emerald
                Conditions:
                Only first evolutions
                Only Pokemon that are related to the Five Elements(Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water)
                Only Pokemon used by the evil teams
                Only Pokemon that can fly(they need to be able to learn the move)
                Choosing only first evolutions would be cruel... So I think you can use only Pokémon that are related to the Five Elements.
                Old July 24th, 2018 (7:50 AM).

Quote:
                  Choosing only first evolutions would be cruel... So I think you can use only Pokémon that are related to the Five Elements.
                  Thanks I'll start now.
                  Old August 7th, 2018 (2:50 PM). Edited August 8th, 2018 by Sylvie.

Time for another Sign-up

Name: Sylvie
                    Game: Randomised Platinum
                    Conditions:
                    - use only Pokemon that don't have an evolution
                    - Use only pokemon that look like they belong on a farm
                    - use only pokemon that would be prey (Ex. Pikachu as its a mouse)
                    - Use only pokemon a thief would choose
                    - Randomise everything about the game (except base stats and move typings) Use only the first 6 pokemon you come across.
                    - Use only pokemon who resemble house pets
                    - Use only pokemon who can learn sound based moves
                    - Use only Pokemon who fit into RPG class roles

Completed Challenges
                    Old August 8th, 2018 (6:02 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
                      Time for another Sign-up

Name: Sylvie
                      Game: Randomised Platinum
                      Conditions:
                      - use only Pokemon that don't have an evolution
                      - Use only pokemon that look like they belong on a farm
                      - use only pokemon that would be prey (Ex. Pikachu as its a mouse)
                      - Use only pokemon a thief would choose
                      - Randomise everything about the game (except base stats and move typings) Use only the first 6 pokemon you come across.
                      - Use only pokemon who resemble house pets
                      - Use only pokemon who can learn sound based moves
                      - Use only Pokemon who fit into RPG class roles
                      You should use only Pokemon that fit into RPG class roles.
                      Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:28 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Sylvie.

Pokemon RPG classes - Randomized Platinum

So i would have started this earlier but my partner and i took some time to work out what Pokemon fit the standard 5 classes, and then what 6th class would actually fit the game best (classes like ranger or summoner wouldn't work, and about half of the pokedex would classify for 'beast')

In the end we came up with the list below and for fairness reasons i'll be catching and using the first of each class i come across.

RPG Classes:
                        Spoiler:
                        Warrior: must be able to naturally learn lots of sword based slash skills. high base attack stat. Brave nature if possible. must have some sort of blade or large claws
                        -Scyther
                        -Zangoose
                        -Sandslash (Barely makes the cut)
                        -Gallade

Paladin: High base physical defense stat, must be able to learn protect and a defense boosting move naturally. Must physically look tanky enough to take a hit.
                        -Blastoise
                        -Aggron
                        -Bastiodon
                        -Cloyster
                        -Forretress

Rogue: High base speed stat, must be able to learn a move that raise speed/evasion naturally. Must be able to learn Thief TM. Preferably dark in color with a small/sleek appearance
                        -Yanma/Yanmega
                        -Sneasel/Weavile
                        -Ninjask
                        -Fearow(surprisingly)
                        -Swellow(only just)

Healer: Must be able to learn buffs and hp restoring moves> preferably ones that affect the party. May only ever have 1 attack move. Gentle nature is a must.
                        -Chansey/Blissey
                        -Clefable
                        -Meganium (barely makes the cut)
                        -Chimeco

Mage: Must have high base SP Attack/Sp defense(preferable). Can only use special attacks, must have at least one move that causes a status effect. Preferably looks mystical/wizardy.
                        -Ninetails
                        -Gardevoir
                        -Mismagius
                        -Slowking
                        -Xatu(just)

Monk: An all-rounder. Must be able to naturally learn a punch/kick move. Using Chi the monk is able to raise stats (focus energy counts) and use ONE special attack. Must look the part.
                        -Hitmontop
                        -Lopunny
                        -Lucario
                        -Primeape(barely passes)
                        -Hitmonlee
                        -Hitmonchan

Crystals claimed: none

Journey:
                        Spoiler:
                        My father was 'The Hero'. He fought on behalf of everyone to take down the evil being known as 'The Champion'. But he failed and lost his life as a result.

The mantle of Hero has fallen to me now, but i am a complete amateur with no combat skills; my mother had never approved of such actions and since my fathers death her attitude towards it only got harsher. What i did have however was the sharp wits of a tactician and the inherited gold from my father to hire the help i needed in my quest.

My best friend and sidekick, Gavin promised to set me up with a guy who knew a guy looking for work. I was to sneak out the house tonight and meet up with them.
                        --

I left a note in my room, and with mother none the wiser i was soon off to meet Gavin on the outskirts of town. He was waiting with a Quaqsire, who's bland expression made him hard to read. Upon arrival Gavin introduced us.

The Quagsire was the Middle man who would lead me to the individual looking for work. I felt a bit nervous at the thought of being left alone with such an unreadable guy, but Gavin assured me he was trustworthy and waved us off. Middle man led us the short distance to Sandgem, where we proceeded to enter a seedy looking tavern in a forgotten overgrown part of town. Yeah Gavin, this seems totally trustworthy.

The dimly lit dusty tavern was sparsely populated due to the late hour, but the handful of individuals who were here took no notice of us as we entered. I stuck close to my Middle man, being the only person i knew; even if i didn't trust him.

Middle man appeared to scan the room(or space out, who could tell) before making a bee-line to a Nincada at the bar. At a glance it was obvious to all that he had consumed many glasses of honey. His entire posture screamed of a jumpy Pokemon down on his luck.

It didn't take long to find out why The Rogue Nincada was looking for work. The thieves guild he had grown up in had just been forcefully disbanded by a police raid. Everyone had been arrested or worse and The Rogue himself had only barely gotten away with nothing but the clothes on his back (so to speak). He had lost everything and was in desperate need of cash to pay his tab for all the honey he had drowned his sorrows in. I made my offer to pay his hefty tab in return for his services, he agreed if only because he had nothing better to do.

-The Rogue joined the party.

-Middle man left the party.

We agreed to stay the night in the tiny rooms that the tavern offered, and head off on our quest at dawn. It would most likely be a long trip, as no one actually knew who The Champion was, so the first step would be to gather intel. The Rogue assured me he would be far more useful at stealing things and gathering intel than he would be in a full out fight. Stealth and speed were his specialty, not brute strength. Besides, he apparently bruised easily. Guess i was going to need to hire more help.

We decided to spend some time training to allow me to get to know The Rogue's skills better, (and to allow him to regain his form. Many nights of heavy Honey drinking had dulled his skills and senses it seems) The Rogue wasn't joking about bruising easy, we often had to run from fights when we lost the element of surprise, as many of the aggressive Pokemon we came across could easily overpower him.

--

Finally back into the swing of things, we decided to make our way to the regions first major city in the hopes of discreetly collect intel on The Champion, when we were approached by a Wartortle. He told me he had been looking for me, and handed me a note.

--"Sylvie, I'm not happy that you left, especially without saying goodbye. But i also knew this day would come, once you set your mind to something you charge straight ahead. I suppose you get that from your father.

The Paladin bringing you this letter has been hired by me to explicitly be your bodyguard on your quest. Keep him close and come home safe. Love mom. XXX

PS. take these shoes, they were a gift to your father but he forgot to wear them when he left. They've been enchanted to make the wearer run more swiftly"--

-The Paladin joined the party.

We backtracked to The Rogue's earlier training grounds to see just what The Paladin could do. It seems my mother had chosen well as he was exactly the kind of tank we needed to balance The Rogue's set of skills.

While we trained i gave The Paladin an overview of our quest. I had just finished my explanation when a Vulpix stepped out of the treeline with a stern look on his face. My party paused and faced the newcomer, ready for an attack (you never know). Instead of lashing out however, the mystical looking Vulpix warned us in a low and quiet voice to be careful what we say. Even the trees had ears in the domain of The Champion.

The Vulpix also stated (cryptically might i add) that he had a bone to pick with The Champion, and having heard our conversation, he was interested in joining the party. As proof of his alliance he even offered up information on the evil entity.

Apparently eight crystals were needed to access The Champions lair. These eight crystals had originally belonged to Vulpix's clan, but several years ago they had been stolen and the clan's village razed to the ground. Vulpix The Mage had been charged with regaining them, but information was so hard to come by that he had only recently pieced it all together. The Champion had them strategically placed on Earth-pulse points to maximize their latent power, and had stationed one of his generals at each to guard them. The Mage had already attempted to defeat one just yesterday, but had barely escaped with his life.

-The Mage joined the party.

Party:

The Rogue lvl 9
                        Timid/Compound Eyes
                        Scratch/Harden/Leech life/Sand attack

ThePaladin lvl 10
                        Lax/Torrent
                        Tackle/Tail whip/Bubble/Withdraw

The Mage
                        lvl 4
                        Quiet/Flash Fire
                        Ember/Tail whip

Completed Challenges
                        Old 5 Days Ago (4:55 AM).

Pokemon RPG Classes -Randomized Platinum

RPG Classes:
                          Spoiler:
                          Warrior: must be able to naturally learn lots of sword based slash skills. high base attack stat. Brave nature if possible. must have some sort of blade or large claws
                          -Scyther
                          -Zangoose
                          -Sandslash (Barely makes the cut)
                          -Gallade

Paladin: High base physical defense stat, must be able to learn protect and a defense boosting move naturally. Must physically look tanky enough to take a hit.
                          -Blastoise*
                          -Aggron
                          -Bastiodon
                          -Cloyster
                          -Forretress

Rogue: High base speed stat, must be able to learn a move that raise speed/evasion naturally. Must be able to learn Thief TM. Preferably dark in color with a small/sleek appearance
                          -Yanma/Yanmega
                          -Sneasel/Weavile
                          -Ninjask*
                          -Fearow(surprisingly)
                          -Swellow(only just)

Healer: Must be able to learn buffs and hp restoring moves> preferably ones that affect the party. May only ever have 1 attack move. Gentle nature is a must.
                          -Chansey/Blissey
                          -Clefable
                          -Meganium (barely makes the cut)
                          -Chimeco

Mage: Must have high base SP Attack/Sp defense(preferable). Can only use special attacks, must have at least one move that causes a status effect. Preferably looks mystical/wizardy.
                          -Ninetails*
                          -Gardevoir
                          -Mismagius
                          -Slowking
                          -Xatu(just)

Monk: An all-rounder. Must be able to naturally learn a punch/kick move. Using Chi the monk is able to raise stats (focus energy counts) and use ONE special attack. Must look the part.
                          -Hitmontop
                          -Lopunny
                          -Lucario*
                          -Primeape(barely passes)
                          -Hitmonlee
                          -Hitmonchan

Crystals:

Journey:
                          Spoiler:
                          My party and i arrived in Jubilife the first major city in the region. The Mage informed me that the first crystal we sought was in an unassuming little mining town called Oreburgh. The general guarding it had a passion for mining coal, and had turned the town into his personal paradise with the use of force and the aid of homeless children as free workers. Taking the crystal from him would put a nice halt to his operations, though i doubted i'd be able to help the children escape. In this world we live in, where would they go? The Champion had a hand in everything corrupt and cruel. If they couldn't figure out how to survive once they were free they had no chance.

[--Key item recieved: HM Rock Smash--]

Oreburgh was a dingy looking place with a seemingly endless thick smog hanging over it. It was hard not to choke on the fumes as we emerged from the tunnel that connected it to the rest of the world. A sniveling disheveled looking kid approached me from the opposite direction, keeping his eyes permanently glued to the floor. He bumped into me lightly as he passed, slipping a crumpled piece of paper into my hand an slipped off without a word. My allies and i scanned the area but apart from a few miserable looking individuals we couldn't see anyone else suspicious. I glanced at the note in my hand

--"Promised land lies beyond the abyss ~ G" --

I smirked to myself as The Mage puzzled over my note before burning it. I explained that Gavin was helping me in his own way. There was likely a way to the crystal down in the mines. That was exactly where we were going. Grabbing some ash from the floor i rubbed some over my face to blend in more.

We snuck into the dark damp tunnels that made up the mine. Visibility was poor and the air heavy making the task pretty easy. The harder part was figuring out the way to the crystal Gavin said it was through the 'abyss' so i could only guess that the entrance was somewhere in the deepest part of the mines. The Paladin stayed close behind me, his hard shell ready to take the hit of any ambush, The Mage lead the way, her fire magic allowing us to see our footing easier. I had no idea where the Rogue was however, as the shadows were his domain and he had just slipped through them like water out of a hand. We passed wide-eyed children and took out many guards but the mines just kept on twisting and turning without any real sense that we were getting anywhere. Trying to ask for directions yielded no results either as the children refused to speak to us out of fear of punishment. Suddenly The Rogue materialized in front of us, his arrival made The Mage jump and growl at him as a warning.

"Follow me" The Rogue simply said and began to lead the way, explaining that he had been scouting the tunnels and now had a good idea of where to go. "There was a prison area up ahead, did you want to go there too?" I merely shook my head at the notion. There was nothing i could do for anyone down here, not while the General here still had the crystal in his possession. I would return for them later.

After what seemed like hours our party finally emerged into a room that was lit by a soft gentle glow. Unguarded and set in the center of a mural at the back of the room was the crystal, its peaceful aura the source of the rooms lighting. I made towards it, only to be held back by The Paladin. It was then i noticed how on edge the rest of my party were. The Mage's fur bristled, before she cast a spell straight at the crystal. I watched in horror as the spell hit and the beautiful glowing jewel shattered before my eyes....or..had it? The cracks continued to spread along the walls of the room before the image before my eyes shattered completely and plunged us into darkness.

When my eyes had finally adjusted there was a very different scene before us. A man in a hard hat and spotless clothes stood atop a stone dais, idly rolling the crystal in one hand. There were also few assassins scattered around the room, if i had just carelessly wandered up to the illusion i had no doubt that I'd be a member of the body pile by the far wall. I had to be better. The man, who i could only assume to be a General glared down at us with a cold fury, though his gaze seemed somewhat more focused on The Mage. This must be who she had challenged before and lost to and Roark's(as i soon learned) conversation with her was proof of that. He ordered his assassins to attack and my allies met them in battle.

The Paladin managed to fight off Roarks Houndour while keeping me squarely behind him, i felt like a hindrance with my poor fighting abilities and naivety, but on the other hand this is what i was paying them for. The Mage fought a bellsprout with such vengeance in her eyes that i guessed he and his
                          binding vines had played a huge part in her previous defeat. She dodged moves like she was expecting them, leaving some nasty burns behind as she did so.

The Rogue was left to square off against a granbull 3 times his size, and i could clearly see he was intimidated. He tried to use his cunning as an advantage by throwing sand in granbulls eyes before darting around him landing jabs. Unfortunately his attacks were like pinpricks against the hulking beast and a few blind hits knocked the wind out of him. While The rogue was struggling to catch his breath, Granbull wiped the sand from his eyes and advanced towards the unfortunate nincada. I ordered The Paladin to step in, shielding The Rogue as i helped him escape from the immediate threat and administered first aid.

With his assassins defeated Roark panicked and surrendered. The Mage snatched the crystal away from him and brought it to me where i slipped it into my pouch

[--Key item recieved:'Earth Crystal'--]

Remembering there was a prison somewhere below, i searched Roark for the keys before we all promptly dragged him outside to allow the townspeople to deal with them how they saw fit. I saw murder in the eyes of many of the mines workers now that their evil overlord was powerless, but i wasn't going to dwell on it. We returned to the mine to release the prisoners.

All cells were empty save one. In it sat a lucario, Blindfolded and muzzled with her hands chained to the wall behind her back. As we opened the cell door and approached she lunched at us snarling, using her entire body as a weapon. I grabbed her shoulders as she barreled into me but was uninjured. She felt
                          surprisingly light and weak and wondered how long she had been down here. I whispered soothing words as we worked on freeing her from her bindings, explaining what events in the world she had missed while we did so. When finally free The Monk told me she had nowhere to go, and for her freedom, she owed me a debt. With our tasks here complete, we fled the town.

-The Monk joined the party-

We ran all the way back to Jubilife, only stopping to rest once we got there. Despite being imprisoned for weeks, The Monk kept up surprisingly well. I decided we could afford one nights rest in a low cost tavern where we would blend in better. No doubt The Champion would hear of the stolen Earth Crystal
                          soon. Overnight, while The Monk slept, the rest of us planned our next move. The Mage marked the strongest earth-pulse points on my map, assuming that the crystals would most likely be there and we all agreed we would have to head north quite a ways to reach the next one. The only problem was the north road had been blocked by a landslide due to heavy rain. Exhausted, we decided to deal with that when we got there, and went to bed.

The next morning, there was a commotion at the north exit of the city. Some suspicious looking men were hassling an elderly man and a boy i assumed to be his grandson. The Rogue wanted to just ignore it and go on our way, but The Monk insisted we intervene. He recognized the outfits the men wore and claimed they were members of Team Galactic ( and what bad stuff doesn't happen under The Champion's authority these days?). They were probably looking for Intel on us. Helping would probably draw The Champions gaze towards us, but it would turn this way sooner or later. We gave them a beating. With that out of the way we continued north until we reached the landslide. I briefly wondered if we could climb the cliff face or dig our way through, but The Monk stepped forward. For a brief moment she seemed to focus herself before suddenly delivering a powerful drop-kick that blasted the road block clear in two. Useful.

Floaroma town was once filled with beautiful flowers. Now it was overgrown, the town and windworks valley abandoned and in disrepair. We passed through quickly, to avoid any more encounters with Team Galactic.

As we approached Eterna Forest a young timid looking woman approached us. She explained she was a doctor and had been waiting for someone to pass by for days. She had business in the next town over but was scared to enter the forest, when she arrived here she saw men in weird suits enter. She had tried to pass through after them but for some reason the pokemon in the forest had been extremely aggressive and had attacked her in a group. I motioned for her to follow.

- Doctor Cheryl joined as a Guest-

The forest felt eerie and foreboding. I couldn't place my finger on what felt off about it, but something indeed felt very wrong. The Doctor hadn't been lying, we were set upon by a group of savage Pokemon almost as soon as we entered the forest. What had the strange men done to affect the natives this way?

The combat was so fierce that The Rogue evolved into his true form. We finally fought our way through the forest, escorting Cheryl to relative safety. Strangely we found neither Team Galactic or any obvious sign of what was causing the savagery. Unfortunately it wasn't our main concern right now so we left the forest, getting ever closer to the location of the second Crystal.

- Doctor Cheryl left the party -

Eterna city felt just as oppressive as the forest had been, perhaps due to the high amount of Team Galactic members loitering around. The large spiked building towards the back of the city was a complete eyesore and seemed to drain the life out of city just by being there. For safety reasons we decided to camp out on route 205 instead of risking drawing too much attention to ourselves. The last thing we needed was security on the crystal getting tighter. We agreed The Rogue would slip into Eterna during the night and scout the place out, maybe find some clues as to where the Crystal was being kept. Until then we all got some much needed rest, nibbling on some berries from a nearby tree to restore our strength.

The Rogue returned just before dawn looking worn out but otherwise unhurt. He reported that the second crystal was being held by a person named Gardenia. We set off straight away, he led us to a nondescript building on the opposite end of town to the suppressive building. We slipped inside
                          through a vent and ended up inside what looked to be a forestry storehouse. Piles of fallen logs were stacked high ready to go wherever, we made our way to a simple steel door. This felt suspiciously easy. We approached cautiously.

Upon opening the door the floor below our feet suddenly gave way. I yelped in surprise as The Mage, The Paladin and The Monk fell with me. The Rogue did his best to slow my descent, making use of his new wings but that was just about all he could do. The Monk recovered first, somehow managing to flip herself around and gather The Mage and The Paladin under her arms as she landed. The ground cracking under her feet as she used some of her Chi aura to distribute the weight and take less damage. The Rogue and i landed not long after, having had a bit more time to take in our new surroundings. It was a surprisingly well lit room with what appeared to be a flower shaped clock in the middle. Several people were dotted around all with their eyes on us. One held the crystal. That must have been Gardenia, she seemed disappointed we hadn't gone splat on her floor. There wasn't much time to talk before she and her minions attacked.

The Rogue and The Paladin teamed up to defeat Gardenias Driftblim, The Monk handled her Koffing while The Mage took it upon herself to defeat Swinub. Once all her pokemon had been defeated she made an attempt to run away with the Crystal. My allies didn't allow her the chance. The Monk knocked her down and i tied her up with a rope figuring someone would come by and find her eventually, the police were too corrupt to trust. The Mage took the Crystal off of Gardenia's possession and we left to find the exit.

[-- Key item received: 'Forest Crystal' --]

During our escape we bumped into a tall lady with extremely long blonde hair. She glanced over our ragtag group before smiling and introducing herself as Cynthia. Taken a back by her out of place politeness i dumbly introduced myself and engaged the stranger in idle chatter. The encounter ended with me receiving a free gift for my time and Cynthia promptly walking off in the direction we had came from.

[--Key item received: HM Cut --]

Team:

The Rogue lvl [email protected] Incense
                          Timid/Speed Boost
                          Double Team/Fury Swipes/Fury Cutter/Sand Attack

ThePaladin lvl 25
                          Lax/Torrent
                          Protect/Bite/Water Gun/Withdraw

The Mage lvl [email protected] Plate
                          Quiet/Flash Fire
                          Ember/Imprison/Confuse Ray/Will-O-Wisp

The Monk lvl [email protected] Belt
                          Lax/Inner Focus
                          Rock Smash/Force Palm/Metal Claw/Bone Rush

Completed Challenges

Quick Reply