• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Server Support

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
It's so.. dark. At least compared to other parts of PC.

I can't elaborate without being really blunt.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
It's so.. dark. At least compared to other parts of PC.

I can't elaborate without being really blunt.

Please be as blunt as you can. For as long as I've been in the server, and that's a very long time, it wasn't anything "dark." Honest feedback would be very much appreciated, alongside what nick you used when you were on the server.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Oh, no, not the server. I haven't visited it. Just the thread.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Oh, no, not the server. I haven't visited it. Just the thread.

Oh, lol. I was legitimately worried that the server peeps did something "dark." Well, the thread has gone through a couple of phases so it's understandably confusing.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
Is the guide of Bot can ever be completed because it always shows that the guide is pending?

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
kinda obvious point but it seems like we have about 3498534985734 needless rooms, while i don't think this is a "problem" maybe streamlining them or organizing them and making them serve a more coherent purpose would be a good idea? for example we could have main lobby plus a few other rooms (maybe teambuilding room? non ou metagames room? offtopic room? [no this isn't me trying to ban offtopic stuff from main lobby x_x] idk) that can be more central and then the league/individual rooms, but when i'm looking at stuff like the french community room, i mean, i'm not sure we could even justify a french community chair. just food for thought.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
kinda obvious point but it seems like we have about 3498534985734 needless rooms, while i don't think this is a "problem" maybe streamlining them or organizing them and making them serve a more coherent purpose would be a good idea? for example we could have main lobby plus a few other rooms (maybe teambuilding room? non ou metagames room? offtopic room? [no this isn't me trying to ban offtopic stuff from main lobby x_x] idk) that can be more central and then the league/individual rooms, but when i'm looking at stuff like the french community room, i mean, i'm not sure we could even justify a french community chair. just food for thought.

We're cutting back on rooms--essentially we're giving "stricter" requirements for people in order for them to request a room. There were no requirements for a couple of months now and there had been a influx of room requests, most of which are left unused (which is fine, really, since wolf and I do some room cleaning every now and then).

They don't really affect anything, to be honest, so we made it out to be something that the community can have. The server itself doesn't need any other room aside from lobby so there's pretty much no "coherent purpose" that any other room can serve for us.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Yep the new stricter rules will also work in a favour that only forum members will be owning rooms not outsiders

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Elf Slip: wqedrfgth
Elf Slip was muted by PokeCommBot for 7 minutes. (Automated response: your message contained a banned phrase)

Can someone for the love of god, please remove this shitty bot? Or at the very least, you know, make it intelligent and actually be helpful? Right now its about as helpful as a doctor who prescribes you with a bandaid when you go in and tell him you have genital herpes. :\

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Is the guide of Bot can ever be completed because it always shows that the guide is pending?
It's up now.

Elf Slip: wqedrfgth
Elf Slip was muted by PokeCommBot for 7 minutes. (Automated response: your message contained a banned phrase)

Can someone for the love of god, please remove this shitty bot? Or at the very least, you know, make it intelligent and actually be helpful? Right now its about as helpful as a doctor who prescribes you with a bandaid when you go in and tell him you have genital herpes. :\
It can be annoying sometimes and it isn't perfect, but it's more useful than not.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
okay so um i recently got voice, and i tested out the /tour command. i could start a tour smoothly, but i wasn't able to dq anyone or end the tour.

so um, if we're granted permission to start a tour, why not let us be able to dq inactive users or end it? i mean like sure mods could help, but idk some mods could be afk at certain times

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
okay so um i recently got voice, and i tested out the /tour command. i could start a tour smoothly, but i wasn't able to dq anyone or end the tour.

so um, if we're granted permission to start a tour, why not let us be able to dq inactive users or end it? i mean like sure mods could help, but idk some mods could be afk at certain times
Oof, I forgot to respond to this. Better late than never, ja? Anyway, voice used to have tournament moderation, but some room owners didn't like it. I'll see if I can figure out a way to give only global voice the permissions sometime when I'm not busy.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
We have a tournament currency now! Win tournaments to get BP, then spend them in the /shop. The amount of points the winner gets equals the tour's participant size divided by 2, then rounded down. e.g. Winning a tournament of 16 people would grant 8 BP. It goes without saying that this is a work in progress, and the amount of BP required for prizes will be more balanced in the future as we continue to work out any kinks with the system. I'm open to feedback on this as well.

As a result of these new changes, custom avatars will become tournament prizes and will no longer be given out to anyone who asks. However, all current avatars will remain as they are and will not be deleted.

Sirfetch’d

Well, Um. I don't want to be rude, Mean or whatever.

But, The polls glitch is fucking annoying. I make a poll and somebody finishes it suddenly. And most of the time the ones who make this say "I'm sorry, I was testing commands". When is pretty obvious that they know about this glitch. Can somebody fix it soon?, Thanks a lot.

It's being fixed tonight.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Oh, one little thing. For whatever reason the server doesn't let you battle with Rock Head Tyrantrum, claiming that "Tyrantrum's Hidden ability is unreleased", but it was officially made available a couple of days ago and you can use it on the main Smogon server.

So yeah

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Oh, one little thing. For whatever reason the server doesn't let you battle with Rock Head Tyrantrum, claiming that "Tyrantrum's Hidden ability is unreleased", but it was officially made available a couple of days ago and you can use it on the main Smogon server.

So yeah
Yeah we usually update the server every Friday or Saturday, so it'll be implemented then.

Reactions: Nah

Sirfetch’d

The bot ban me when i'm saying what are the banned phrases on my room :/

Not sure what you are saying or asking? but yes, the bot will take action if you say a banned word so protip: avoid doing so! I am not sure what words are banned in non official chatrooms as that is up to the roomowners, but in the lobby the banned words are mostly homophobic and racial slurs as well as a few distasteful words deemed unnecessary for the chatroom. It should be common sense to know what is appropriate. General swears(fuck, shit, etc. are not banned words)

Back