• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Got all the work done i have free time again
new post
Aqua's stand at the Museum
Found Cap't stern at the museaum and tried to get him the secret parts, only to be stoped by the Aqua grunts. They were easy but after their thrashing the big boss came and told me not to let my gard down, gulp. After leave the Flower shirt dude (Scott) register his name in my PokeNav.
May V3
Versions one and two put up about as much of a fight. I got Itemfinder for my trouble.
Wally V2
Wing Attack from Pell beat him.
Watts with Wattson
I had to switch out Pell and tain up a Gyarados to even stand a chance (fish for 15 minutes trying to get the right nature). I name this Gyarados "Savior" due to him saving me. Ninja sword danced up and beat both Voltorb and Electrike; he got a critical hit on Manectric and then died. Low came out and Quick attacked the rest of it health. Savior then Use dragon Rage to beat down Magneton.
Though the Magma and flames
After leaving Savior in the box and picking up Pell i went to the next town Only to see Team in red up to something so i head though a volcano (!) and across some sooty land and found the team in red roughing up some scientist. I was about to stop them when Team Aqua comes and messes up my style the red team (magma) runs off. I head after them and find them fighting on a volcano (!) i head off to beat their leader. Low beats Mightyena while Pell beats his Camerupt. Before i headed down i went back a while and caught a Swablu and named her Alla, and did some training.
Flame On
I went through the next gym training only Alla it was hard but she got within a coupe levels away from evolving. When i reached Flanery Pell beat her no problem. After that i went and grinded until Alla evolved.
Pelipper-Pell-Lv. 33
Hp-91
Nature-Quiet
High-Defence-79
Low-Speed/Attack-47
Swallow-Low-Lv. 33
Hp-95
Nature-Careful
High-Speed-99
Low-Sp.Att. -43
Ninjask-Ninja-Lv. 33
Hp-91
Nature-Naïve
High-Speed-129
Low-Sp.Def.-37
Altaria-Alla-Lv. 35
Hp-105
Nature-Calm
High-Sp.Def.-91
Low-Attack-52

Last edited:

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
Stupid computer...

I decided to go against the E4 with Lv 45 pokemon (if I could beat Wallace in Emerald with only a Lv 46 Gardevoir-it gained 2 levels in the process-...) and Record it. Everything started out fine, but when I reached Glacia, the stupid pc started lagging and it eventually turned off! I was, like, wtf and turned it on again. Ill upload it on YouTube, but im gonna take a break till its DEFINITELY fixed. Dammit, I was about to end this game. (I was gonna take a break after the E4 anyway...)

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Pokemon Ruby "Blog" Part 6: The Hunter Becomes the Prey

After a small Hiatus, I pick up where I left off, and head back to Mauville. On the way, I grab a Marill and teach it Surf. When I arrive, Wattson asks me to check out New Mauville, as there's a problem. I fought through the infestation of Voltorbs and Magnemites, and found myself at the end, where I shut off the generator. I stuck around, and trained my team inside.

After getting back, Wattson gave me a Thunderbolt TM, and I headed east, towards the route to Fortree City. A while later, I encountered the weather institute, and Team Magma seemed to have taken it over, so I went inside to investigate. After beating the admin at the top of the weather administration, the guy inside offered me a unique pokemon, but I had no room, so I moved on.

My rival greeted me shortly, and we battled. I soon reached Fortree City, but there was something invisible blocking the gym, so I moved on to the east. I met up with Steven, who showed me the Devon Scope, which could reveal the camoyflaging pokemon, Keckleon.

With it, I went towards the gym, and my 6th gym battle, against the leader of birds... the hunters of my bugs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kr7VHtbyUc

Current Team:

Celest (Beautifly)
Level: 41
emesprani267.gif

Giga Drain
Gust
Stun Spore
Silver Wind

Spitfire (Dustox)
Level: 40
emesprani269.gif

Psychic
Gust
Silver Wind
Toxic

Shuri (Ninjask)
Level: 40
emesprani291.gif

Cut
Fury Cutter
Swords Dance
Slash

Gloe (Volbeat)
emesprani313.gif

Double-Edge
Tail Glow
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam

Flit (Masquerain)
emesprani284.gif

Quick Attack
Bubblebeam
Ice Beam
Gust

Funster (Armaldo)
emesprani348.gif

Scratch
Ancient Power
Metal Claw
Water Gun

I will probably play D/P on an emulator, unless my family friends finds my Diamond Version (can't believe they lost it XD It's like one of 4 DS games I have -.-), and I'll try to locate a screen capturing program to record the gym battles on the emulator with :P

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
MR. CHEWY'S MONOTYPE BLOG

Generation: 1
Game: FireRed
Type: Water

I'm really liking this layout.

INDIGO PLATEAU

Moving right along from my old post... my battle with Sabrina was fairly tough, but really, I didn't encounter any problems. SurfSpam reigned supreme once again. Thankfully Alakazam decided to use Future Sight as opposed to Psychic. Thank God.

Blaine and Giovanni were both crushed beneath the power of my supreme team. Well, my team wasn't really supreme at any rate, since they were so under leveled, but I still won ^^.

So I restocked supplies and headed straight for the Pokémon League. Unfortunately, my rival caught me by surprise. There, under the shadow of Mt. Indigo, we fought epically. His frightening level 53 Venusaur was no match for my X. SpAtk-filled Gyarados with Fire Blast.

By this stage I was feeling pretty confident, even though my Pokémon were only in their early forties. So I marched into Victory Road... and got smashed by the wild Pokémon. Not smashed, but I realised that my Pokés were way too weak. I spent so many hours training there, I don't think I can even look at another Machoke or Marowak again.

So I finally entered the Pokémon League. Lorelei was fairly easy, once again thanks to Gyarados and my trust X. SpAtk. I had no real trouble beating her, since most of her Pokémon went down in 1 - 3 hits.

Bruno was a little bit tougher, but Poliwrath knew Psychic and Surf, so I managed to beat most of his Pokés using Poli alone.

Agatha was by far the toughest. Again, I was hoping to use Poli and Psychic to take her out, but an unlucky Hypnosis and he was 1HKO'd by Dream Eater. I barely managed to win this one as all I could basically do was SurfSpam.

Moving onto Lance, I was glad to see that he wasn't nearly as tough as Agatha. Just through type matching, I managed to beat him without much trouble. I absolutely hate Outrage, though. Such an imbalanced move on Dragonite.

Now, onto Blue... this was tough. Alakazam abused Psychic to the point that he wiped half my team. The rest of his Pokémon weren't as bad, but were still crazy hard. Sunny Day and Solarbeam isn't good news for an all Water team. By the time I beat him, all my Pokémon had fainted save for trusty Lapras.

CONCLUSION

So I've finally beaten the first gen. Thoughts? So far, playing with only one type isn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. The main problem is not having a big enough selection of Pokémon, when I thought the problem would be fighting against Grass or Electric-type Pokémon.

Generation 2, here I come.

PARTY
pkfrlg009.png
Blastoise - Level 49
Surf, Brick Break, Blizzard, Earthquale

pkfrlg130.png
Gyarados - Level 56
Fire Blast, Surf, Thunderbolt, Hyper Beam

pkfrlg062.png
Poliwrath - Level 53
Hypnosis, Psychic, Surf, Brick Break

pkfrlg134.png
Vaporeon - Level 51
Rain Dance, Surf, Toxic, Acid Armor

pkfrlg131.png
Lapras - Level 53
Ice Beam, Surf, Perish Song, Thunderbolt

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
Okay I decided I won't record the E4, and Ill play on. Sorry, but I really want to get rid of Ruby.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
BIG BIG BIG UPDATE!
I am done with Generation 1. I just beat the Elite Four.

I don't have time to do a big update post, so I'll just put down my team and leave it at that.

Finishing Team:
Gengar, lv.81
Haunter,75
Haunter,64
Haunter,58
Gastly,62
Gastly,51

I give props to my ghost team! The made the game super easy!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I dont have1st or 2nd gen games but can i use FR/LG for a water challenge?
You can start on FrLg, but I guess you'll need an emulator for the 2nd Gen. Nonetheless, I've added you to the list. Good luck!

And congrats on beating the game, ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ! Have fun in Johto! :D

King!

better
Years
Er....I am wondering if I can start? I'll think of a type soon and edit but for now, just know that I'll be comin' soon!

King!

better
Years
Er....I am wondering if I can start? I'll think of a type soon and edit but for now, just know that I'll be comin' soon!

I'm starting with bug! Just inform me if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm a girl named Eve. My rival is named Dan(Dawn) I start with Squirtle (not for long:) )

By the way, when you get your Very first type do you have tro put away your starter?

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Well, you can still use it for HM's and such(like giving Surf to that little Squirtle you have thar), but cease using them in Gym Battles and the like. ^^

King!

better
Years
Oke-Doke! Rival battle1
S: Tackle
B:Tackle
S(squirt.):Tackle
B(rival): Tackle
S;tackle
B; Tackle
S: tackle
B:Tackle
S:Tackle
I WIN!!!! I kikced Bulba0-Butt!

Now,to Viridian!

Years
Beating the Norm
I sailed back to Peatalburg for my next badge i make my way though and start to fight the house dad. Ninja swords dances up and ko's everyone up to Vigeroth when ninja goes down i send out Low who this is ko'ed by Slacking same with Pell it's up to Alla who show who the real beast is by walling and taking him down. After Wally's dad came in and gave surf to me.
Sea training
With my new surfer i decide to go get some side quests done in the sea.
Weather Problems
I start surfing toward the next gym and i met the final(?) member of my team Margo the Tropieous. After a while i find team aqua members messing around the weather place i beat the then i get a free pokemon. I leave after that.
May V4
May came and wanted me to fight i wiped the floor with her.
Phony Flyer
The next gym i had to face was a flying one. I showed that poser who the boss is. Alla and Pell did wonders here.
Mt.. Of the dead
As i was going down i saw some Aqua grunts and followed them to mt prier and be them down but not before the leader stole a orb. Well i guess i'll wait and see what happens.
Pelipper-Pell-Lv. 40
Hp-109
Nature-Quiet
High-Defence-96
Low-Attack-57
Swallow-Low-Lv. 41
Hp-118
Nature-Careful
High-Speed-125
Low-Sp.Att. -54
Ninjask-Ninja-Lv. 41
Hp-112
Nature-Naïve
High-Speed-162
Low-Sp.Def.-46
Altaria-Alla-Lv. 40
Hp-120
Nature-Calm
High-Sp.Def.-105
Low-Attack-59
Tropius-Margo-Lv. 40
Hp-129
Nature-Naïve
High-Defence-81
Low-Speed-52

Years
I started my fire red version with squirtle.

I went out and owned gary and walked out. I walked up to viridian city, pwning rattata on the way. when i got bak i gave him the custom ball and got the pokedex.
I walked out again XD
i then battled gary on route 23 and smashed him.
ran up, got a teachy tv and went through viridian forest.
when i got out i ran up and started battling brock.
i kept using water gun to serve brock and the i left and got the running shoes.
i evolved squirtle and contined to move to Mt Moon.
YAY, i got a magicarp. i called him carpy. :)
i ran through mt moon and collected the moon stone.
i decided to save and turn it off then.

Badges: 1
Pokedex: 3
pokemon:
Wartortle Lvl 19
Magicarp Lvl 14

until next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back