• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
Zel, u got a big post there yes :b
Just 1 question, will the X'version be much harder then the original?
and im glad you finally feel lake a rom hacker again! (lol)

Keep it up! ;)

Yes the X version is much harder than the Original....
See the "X"? X means harder...... hope that helped.....

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2010
This hack is great.
I have only yet a question:

Comes there after mt. silver phantasy locations or locations of which Ash also in the series has been?

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
Zel, is this the final version of shiny gold or isit the next beta?
by the way nice to see you back with your hack :)

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
Zel, is this the final version of shiny gold or isit the next beta?
by the way nice to see you back with your hack :)

Well, I think that there are more betas to come because Zel has to do Pallet Town, Silver Cave, fix other bugs and oddities AND glitches in the game so.....
eh, this isn't the last beta or version if you call it that.....

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
Cool RR beta and shiny gold beta in the same day day! Woot! This is like Christmas all over again! Anybody know of a good place to buy a flash card? Any suggestions on what I should buy? :rambo: I wonder what zel secretly added to surprise us? :laugh:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Glad this is open again... Too bad we're going to have to restart our games...
mine's getting really glitchy anyway.. (I haven't restarted since Beta1)

Just wanted you guys to know that zel now has a fanclub :)
So guys join the club and show zel how many supporters he's got...

check it out :
http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121352

Oh.... I've added the banner in my sig, add it in yours if you want.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Beta5 (not the X, though...)

Well, I'm gonna upload the Beta5 of the normal version of Shiny Gold in my first post, so you know what to do after that (hmmm... just in case for the newcomers, read this guide to help you in the world of patching: How to make patches work, by Hiroshi Sotomura)

So, let me do a quick resume of all the stuff B5 has:

Changed graphics- A few things were posted before closing the thread. I have done some more tile and palette changes, and I'll soon reupload the screenshots on the first post to match with the game. Additionaly, you can see a few more Pokemon revamps by Marnic, though the big change will be for the last release.

An extended adventure- Pay attention to this one: You'll be able to go through all the center and east of Kanto now. The only places left are Pewter and Mt.Moon, Viridian, Pallet, Cinnabar and the islands there. As always, more extra events are waiting for you, and the rivals are always ready to take some of the boringness of Kanto...

More legendaries- Finally, the dogs will be around after doing their event on Burned Tower. We've discussed about them, they'll run in the wild, and you'll find the overworlds with some luck. And they may or may not want to battle or maybe they'll run away (leaving sometimes an item behind)
Also, Jirachi can be found on the B5, but you'll have to investigate it for yourself how to get it.

Musical changes- I'm still getting used to it, so I need that you have a little more patience. There are a few tracks changes (though I still don't handle the volume well, so dont play it on full volume, you are warned! XD) By the way, thanks to Mastermind_X the battles music for Johto and Kanto will be different (but, as I said, there are still a lot of changes and improvments left in this area)

A new World Map- After a lot of time, we'll be able to fly between the cities around Johto without problems. If you were at Mastermind_X's thread about changing the world map, you should know how SG's map looks now. Still, since there are not many flypost on FR, some places were left without a flypost and you cannot fly there, these cities are Cherrygrove and Lavender (anyway, there's nothing interesting on those places...)

The phone booths- We've talked about them. Register the trainers on the phone card and call them later through the phone booths (remember that we cannot put the names of the registered trainers on the slots, so, please, make some effort and write them on paper yourself ;))
By the way, dont think that rematching them will be easy. They have their lifes, so insist and maybe they'll give you a rematch (this way you cannot abuse the rematch system :P)

The Trick House- Same idea as in RSE, located on Route36, you'll be able to do puzzles, which vary as you progress on the adventure. Once you get into Kanto, the requisites for getting new puzzles will differ a little.

And that's all I remember right now. Remember that the X version will be released either tomorrow or Wednesday (I just defeated the freaking powerful E4... -_-), so just a bit more of patience...

Well... Enjoy it!

(And by the way, hold your bugs till I update my list on my first post after releasing the X!)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
So will savestates be a problem? I'm Playing this on my psp by the way.
Anything interesting happens before the 8th gym, because I'm about to go to Blackthorn and get a badge. ;)

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
Yes! It's finally been released!

Zel, it looks like you finally accomplished your goal...sorta...

*downloads B5 quickly*

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
@ cooley: Let's see... He has changed the pointers of most of the Johto maps for the dogs event, so I don't suggest reusing savestates ^^"

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
Well,

I have registered for downloading the beta 5 of Shiny Gold, thing that I've waited for downloading it so much. And here it is! Running on the emulator! Good work, Zel!

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
Hi Zel, not posted in any of the threads before, but (like most Pokémon fans) I've heard about the quality of your hack, and so I've decided to try it. I've begun playing it, and I have to say I'm impressed. But I have one small question to ask (sorry if it has been answered in the first post; I've checked there but I may have overlooked it :( ). When I go to save the game, it tell me that I need to change the backup memory. Does this mean I need to use savestates to save my game? Again, apologies if this has been answered before.

Keep up the good work :)

erict

Master
Years
Hey Zel and everyone else... I'm new to this form.

I really LOVE ur Shiny Gold... it is AMAZING!!!
Thank u for making this.

Just a few questions...
1. I really want a Politoed, how do I evolve my Poliwhirl?
2. I got the Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod City and I want all the Eeveelutions, how do I get more Eevee's and where do I get more evolution stones? (Moon, Sun, Fire, Water, Thunderstone)
3. Is it possible to include Leafeon and Glaceon?
4. I'm still in Jhoto on Beta 4, do I have to start over with Beta 5?

Thank u for everything!!! U r the best!

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Wow Zel!
I See you've changed the sprites of the pokemon!
Very beautifull! Revamps I guess?

-Pizzakoe-

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Just a few questions...
1. I really want a Politoed, how do I evolve my Poliwhirl?

Can't help with this now. Maybe try using a Sun Stone.

2. I got the Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod City and I want all the Eeveelutions, how do I get more Eevee's and where do I get more evolution stones? (Moon, Sun, Fire, Water, Thunderstone)

If you want more eevees, breed it in the day care. There are evolution rocks in some certain places, but you can get one of each kind in Bill's granpa's house in Cerulean (Kanto).

3. Is it possible to include Leafeon and Glaceon?

No Sinnoh pokes, sorry.

4. I'm still in Jhoto on Beta 4, do I have to start over with Beta 5?

I really encourage it.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hi Zel, not posted in any of the threads before, but (like most Pokémon fans) I've heard about the quality of your hack, and so I've decided to try it. I've begun playing it, and I have to say I'm impressed. But I have one small question to ask (sorry if it has been answered in the first post; I've checked there but I may have overlooked it :( ). When I go to save the game, it tell me that I need to change the backup memory. Does this mean I need to use savestates to save my game? Again, apologies if this has been answered before.

Keep up the good work :)

Well, I guess I'll reply it only once since it's been a while. First thing is: close the emulator, then, go to the folder where the patched rom is, and search for a .sav or .sa1 for the game, then delete it. Once you dont have that (also avoid using savestates for now), open the emulator and go to Options->Emulator->Save Type, and set the Flash128k option.
Once that's done, you can load the rom into the emu again and you'll be able to save.

Hope it helps, remember that this is the last time I reply about this. Sotomura already explained it in his Before Playing a Hack thread.

Wow Zel!
I See you've changed the sprites of the pokemon!
Very beautifull! Revamps I guess?

-Pizzakoe-

Glad you liked them. They are from Marnic. I'd like to have more, but he's an artist, so he needs his time to make more... :)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
edit - meh i think i'll wait a while until i get some progress made on the walkthrough before a i give out the link to it.

anyway the stuff i would have had might have been useless since we have a new beta now.

oh yah if you got time their are a few things i'd like to ask you. Mostly it will just help me get this walkthrough done quicker. (I've found some stuff on some maps that i would like to know about since its giving me numerous headaches while trying to get them ready to use for the walkthrough)

Last edited:
Back