• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I wish I could help you, darklord18, but I've never played the game so I can't. There are always Walkthroughs that could help you if you don't mind turning to them though.

Good to hear that you're enjoying it, Mattie! n__n It makes this fangirl who has ToS controlling half of her life happy.

Also (spoilers for those who wish to not know what might be happening in the next episode of the OVA):
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Lalala~

Spoiler:

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Good to hear that you're enjoying it, Mattie! n__n It makes this fangirl who has ToS controlling half of her life happy.

Hahha Yeah Tara. Its a good game, I dont see any lag so far, it seems like a normal ps2 game when it comes to framerate haha. I love the battle system tho its pretty fun, specially using Lloyd with the two swords :D.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
/decides to start calling you mattie as well. o3o

Yeah, Symphonia is great. Probably my favourite Tales game.
...Then again, it's the only modern one I've played. xDD;;

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
ok here my thought on it

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

ソラ

Years

It indeed is. You can call me Mattie :D. But I didnt get the gamecube version I got the ps2 one in Japanese bahaha.
I like it alot.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

this is totally not my fault. just saying.

@darklord: the united worlds arc is going to be two episodes. all the screenshots and such that have been released and shown have been for the first episode. We've yet to see anything for the second episode as of yet. So yeah, they're going to be squeezing in quite a bit in this episode, and probably as well as the last episode.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
man that a bit tight to sqeez in so much imo.

anyway I can't wait for the enternal sword anime look.

yeah ToS is great it got me into the series but one thing I didn't really like at first was the cursing, at the time I start playing it I didn't really like people cursing.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
... I can honestly only remember one time in which there was one curse (in which would be when Genis first meets Zelos), unless you count 'damn' as a curse word. There was also when Zelos said 'SOB', but he didn't actually say it, just the letters.

I also don't remember a typo. Can you maybe be a bit more specific in when that happens?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Cursing? Symphonia seemed to have a clean vocabulary to me. Abyss is the one that uses "bastard" quite often. (I actually like that) The most obsene word I've seen in a Tales game is in Symphonia 2 when Zelos called...what's her name...Alice? Anyways, he said "Why you little bi*ch!..." I haven't seen the newest Tales games so it can probably get worse from here. Not that I have a problem with that.

Oh yeah, the fan translation of Phantasia says sh*t here and there, but that's because Japan is less censored.

I just remembered a typo in Abyss too. In a sidequest, someone scanned Luke with something so Luke said "What are doing, pointing weird fon machines at people?" Notice the missing "you".

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yeah, I remember that part in Tales of Symphonia 2, but I think that's the worst I've heard from a Tales of Game (and ToS2 is more of a spin-off than a mothership title). If course, I can't say much either since I've only finished Symphonia, Abyss, and Symphonia 2.

For Symphonia though, other than 'What an ass' from Genis (talking about Zelos) there isn't much, though I suppose it depends on what words you considered to be curse words. I don't know how many are in the dialogue of the game, but if you include the words 'Damn' 'Hell' and 'Bastard' as curse words then you have the following (for the main cast derp):
Damn: Three people. Sheena, Kratos, and Zelos say 'Damn' when they die (or in Zelos' case, "Damn... ahaha" and Zelos has 'Damn, I must be a genius!' Four if you want to include Presea and Eternal Damnation
Hell: Kratos and Zelos. Hell Pyre. Of course here I remember clearly one time when Kratos says 'hell', and that's when he kills kvar. :v
Bastard: Lloyd. But only at Zelos, which means only if you take the Kratos route.

Again this is battles and main cast only. I'm too lazy to bother going to a script and counting every 'damn' 'hell' and 'bastard' there are in said script. :P;

</tara has no life but to stare at her voice clips and actually bother to do this>

ソラ

Years
I wouldnt know cursing in Symphonia cause i own the Japanese version.
But I do remember them saying "Sh*t", since i know that word in Japanese.
I say bastard alot so I wouldnt mind, I like abyss when they said bastard.
I havent played Symphonia yesterday So imma play it today, I didnt play it yesterday I was tired all day my back was hurting, and well I had school. But I'll play alot today after I pick up my niece :3. I just added the PS2 theme song of Symphonia on my ipod so :D thats makes me happy to have it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well, I know for a fact that they don't say it in English, but it sounds like the Tales of Games in general were toned down a bit when it comes to language when localized if that's the case (considering what U_Flame said above).

I have both Japanese GC and PS2 openings on my iPod, but what did you expect. :P As for the English one I don't have it on my iPod, but I am fond of it in it's own way. While as an opening it may not prove to be as great as the japanese versions, it has a really nice remix during the game, in which I think it suits the mood more than the Heroic versions. Not saying that the Heroic versions aren't bad (they're amazing, especially Soshite Boku ni Dekiru's <3), but the English track at the part just... suits the mood more. I don't even know if anyone will know that part of the game I'm talking about.

ソラ

Years
Well, I know for a fact that they don't say it in English, but it sounds like the Tales of Games in general were toned down a bit when it comes to language when localized if that's the case (considering what U_Flame said above).

I have both Japanese GC and PS2 openings on my iPod, but what did you expect. :P As for the English one I don't have it on my iPod, but I am fond of it in it's own way. While as an opening it may not prove to be as great as the japanese versions, it has a really nice remix during the game, in which I think it suits the mood more than the Heroic versions. Not saying that the Heroic versions aren't bad (they're amazing, especially Soshite Boku ni Dekiru's <3), but the English track at the part just... suits the mood more. I don't even know if anyone will know that part of the game I'm talking about.

Hahha I have to listen to the GC version more I only listened to it once. I get used to the songs more and more by listening to it more than once haha. I'm used to the ps2 cause I sit there and watch the opening while I play the game before i load haha. I also heard the Heroic of the PS2 version which I was like WOW! Haha. I love remixes of the openings in Tales games, Like Meaning of Birth in ToTA how its the same melody of the opening "Karma", and I want to protect you ~ending version~ of Mamoritai of Tales of Graces. I love the creativity of the remixes. :).

Yeah, cause other countries doesnt want kids to be too influence by bad language i guess. (of topic has nothing to do with a tales game but another game) In Kingdom Hearts II, there is a scene, where Donald getting spanked by Daisy in the Japanese version, but in the english version they don't show it at all. (on topic), But I guess its okay, I know they will censor some stuff in ToGF, and im ready for that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Tales of the Abyss has several tracks in which are different versions of 'Karma', and to be quite honest, they're all my favorite tracks. Of course, I do enjoy the other tracks for Abyss ('Time to Rise the Cross' is amazing; the flute in the track is just... godly), but I've found myself to be enjoying 'Meaning of Birth', 'Mirrors', 'In between 1 and 0' and so on and so forth.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
the scene I talking to is when your group get seperated and Lloyd the only one left (kratos/zelos tell him to look for derris emblem.) could just be my copy but who know.

anyway cursing for me was like damn and stuff like that, just how i was brought up. and ToS was first game i saw use it alot.

also a question which character had the best desgin and strangest desgin.

best desgin has to go to yuri, idk I just like the desgin of him.

strangest is Alice from ToS2, I just think it just strange.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
That makes sense now. I never considered 'damn' a curse word, nor did I ever really consider 'bastard' or 'hell' curse words either.

Mnn... I'm not too sure who I would give the Best Design to. So many people have amazing designs it would really just be easier for me to split them into categories. Like... one with the most epic beard would go to Van, outfit-that-looks-like-it-would-take-forever-to-put-on (long title is long) would probably go to Kratos in his Judgement outside, and so on and so forth. However, it's almost 2am here, so I'm not going to bother with trying to do something like that right now, ahah.

I looooved Alice's design. I think when it comes to Dawn of the New World the one with the weirdest design was her subordinate (not Decus, the other guy) and Marta's dad. But that's just me.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
"If that[]fs not good enough for you."

Actually, I encountered those kind of errors a few times. Not just that time. Probably around 5-7 at most. At first, it made me a little surprised. Thinking that Namco didn't check through the translation properly. But yeeeeah. I got used to it. xD;

Back