• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Old songs rediscovered

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Any old songs you listened to years ago and started listening to again? Where you surprised about the lyrics or artist of the song when you rediscovered it?

Guest123_x1

Not knowing what it was at all, I remember 702's Where My Girls At being played on the radio rather frequently on the bus on my way to and from school from 1999 until about mid-2001, during my 6th and 7th Grade years. I thought at the time they were singing about Zubat (no kidding!), but didn't notice much else other than it being a girl-group style that was common back in the late 1990s-early 2000s.

Eventually, probably around 9-11 or not long after, when I was in 8th Grade, I don't remember hearing that song very much if at all again.

Then, in the late 2000s, and early 2010s, I started using search engines that searched songs by their notes, which used a Java-based keyboard. Among the results, I got confused and searched YouTube with most of those results, but none of them seemed to even remotely match what I was looking for.

Finally in 2014, I used Wikipedia to look through hit chart listings from 1998, 1999, and 2000, and clicked on some of the entries, until I eventually came across what turned out be the very song I'm talking about in this post by cross-referencing some of those song names via YouTube. I was rather shocked that the lyrics were nothing what I thought they were, but when I listened to it for the first time in nearly 13 years via YouTube, I was glad to finally relive a memory of my middle school years and solve a mystery that had been bugging me all those years.

Last edited:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Not knowing what it was at all, I remember 702's Where My Girls At being played on the radio rather frequently on the bus on my way to and from school from 1999 until about mid-2001, during my 6th and 7th Grade years. I thought at the time they were singing about Zubat (no kidding!), but didn't notice much else other than it being a girl-group style that was common back in the late 1990s-early 2000s.

Eventually, probably around 9-11 or not long after, when I was in 8th Grade, I don't remember hearing that song very much if at all again.

Then, in the late 2000s, and early 2010s, I started using search engines that searched songs by their notes, which used a Java-based keyboard. Among the results, I got confused and searched YouTube with most of those results, but none of them seemed to even remotely match what I was looking for.

Finally in 2014, I used Wikipedia to look through hit chart listings from 1998, 1999, and 2000, and clicked on some of the entries, until I eventually came across what turned out be the very song I'm talking about in this post by cross-referencing some of those song names via YouTube. I was rather shocked that the lyrics were nothing what I thought they were, but when I listened to it for the first time in nearly 13 years via YouTube, I was glad to finally relive a memory of my middle school years and solve a mystery that had been bugging me all those years.

sorry for late reply, but thats an odd but interesting story.

Back