• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I need some help with completing the Victory Road and Pokemon League in Diamond. I am having extreme difficulty using my team as it is in Victory Road; I can't get past the first level without taking serious damage. My pokemon are indeed underleveled. I think my team is viable to defeat the League, but I need a good place to train, and I need to know if they will be able to have the adequate moves to beat them. Here's my team:

Magmortar, lv41
Fire Punch, Lava Plume, Confuse Ray and Faint Attack
Steelix, lv45
Iron Tail, Dig, Rock Smash and Crunch
Empoleon, lv46
Waterfall, Surf, Rock Climb and Mist
Alakazam, lv46
Psychic, Hidden Power, Psycho Cut, Recover
Honchkrow, lv46
Fly, Night Slash, Sucker Punch and Defog
Luxray, lv47
Spark, Strength, Charge and Crunch

I am open to any and all team suggestions, thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
You seem all set for the league, it's just you need a few Fighting-type moves. May I suggest teaching Alakazam Focus Blast? It will prove useful for Karen, and as she has 2 Poison-types along with her, Alakazam would be good against them. You should be okay against Koga, Bruno and Will with Alakazam and Honchkrow in your party.

Years
Also, don't use Psycho Cut on Alakazam as it doesn't complement its better attacking stat, which is Special Attack.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
You can either keep Psybeam, or teach it Psychic through a TM. Now, on the case of
Magmortar, it could be useful if Alakazam's down against Karen, as she has
a Vileplume, and Confuse Ray would allow some stalling (so you can revive Alakazam). Also, it can strike back with Faint Attack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Thanks so much, guys. Like I said, I know they're underleveled, especially Magmortar. Where is a good place to train them besides Victory Road, at least until they're around level 50? At this point, training there is quite difficult.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Why not try right outside Victory Road, on Routes 26 and 27? There's more than just Rock/Ground Pokemon there, so you can train your Luxray and Magmortar there without much problems.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
I want to teach Tropius Air Cutter and Outrage, but I have no idea how as there are not PKMN that learns both of them and are in the Plant/Monster egg groups. Any ideas?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Air Cutter and Outrage are taught via Move Tutors in Gen 4, if you need a whole list of moves Tropius has in its learnset, look here.

LuxLax

Want-To-Be Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
How do you find Munchlax Trees without SID?

I need to know how to find a Munchlax, I've tried for 1 month!

Years
Also, adding on to Vaporeon7's post, there are only 4 specific Honey trees that Munchlax can appear in, and they differ depending on your individual save file. Those trees with Munchlax will have Munchlax show up 1% of the time so be patient.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If I were you, I'd just use the Quick Trade Thread in Trade Corner. Those odds for the Honey Trees are terribly slim. :/

LuxLax

Want-To-Be Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Don't have Wep, how to find the 4 trees without SID

Years
I think I may have a problem with my HeartGold- I'm not stuck or anything, but I wanted to know if anyone experienced something similar.

I'd not played it for a few days at the most, and when playing for a few minutes this morning I noticed that Kurt still wasn't done with the Apricorns I'd given him. Furthermore, the Apricorn trees I'd picked hadn't grown back the fruit. This kinda stuff is reminiscent of what happens when the internal battery dies in a game, but I bought HeartGold brand new when it came out, and even at that it's unusual for the battery to expire in a DS game after just 3-odd years.

I'll try tomorrow to see if it's just in my head, but has anyone experienced something like this with their HeartGold/SoulSilver?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The clock in-game is using your DS time. Did you fiddle around with your DS clock for anything?

Years
The clock in-game is using your DS time. Did you fiddle around with your DS clock for anything?

Not at all, that's the weird thing! I'm playing on a 3DS, and I have been for the duration of this save file. I think I might have played a little on my older DS at some point, so.. maybe that affected things? I'll have another go tomorrow and see if anything changes. If nothing does I'll assume it be broke :|

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Switching consoles will affect it, I'm pretty sure. I have had this happen with gen V games. I know this is gen IV not V, but all the DS games use the DS/3DS clock that they're in. So that's probably why. Just stick to playing on one of them I suppose. :)

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I'm trying to complete the lighthouse quest in SoulSilver; unfortunately, Cianwood Pharmacy didn't offer the SecretPotion when I went in to get it. Can someone please tell me what I might have overlooked? (I now have five badges in Johto and am hoping to unlock Olivine Gym soon,) Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back