• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I was going to post saying that they had already had one planned! Is anyone thinking of getting it? I think I'm going to have to con my friend into buying it since he has a PS3 *is sneaky*.

My friend still hasnt gotten Brawl back! Ugh! I want to play Metaknight again! He's awesome fun!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
They are actually making a PlayStation version lol - it's called PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale - my entire last post was a link to an article about it XD that's why the text is a funny colour.

You definitely fooled me LOL

It looks....different. But I don't think it'll live up to the hype to be better than Super Smash Bros though. If I had a PS3 I'd get it for fun, but I don't nor am I getting it. Let us know how it is when you try it?? :)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019

It looks....different. But I don't think it'll live up to the hype to be better than Super Smash Bros though.
Why not? This is basically PS fans' wet dream. I know a lot believe Sony doesn't have many well-known iconic characters, but there is. Before there were Smash, who the hell were Captain Falcon and Ness? What's Marth, Roy, Game & Watch and Ice Climbers doing in Melee? Lucas and Pit in Brawl...who are those?

Those are actually common thoughts from people who are new to Smash. Hell, before Melee, I didn't know who the hell Zelda or Fox are. The only characters I actually knew were Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Dr.Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu and Mewtwo. (Not surprising since I never really had an N64 or any other Nintendo system before the Gamecube except for a Gameboy color and advance, since I grew up with the PS1)

Playstation has so many iconic and lovable characters to the fans. From Crash, Spyro, Sir Daniel Fortesque, Croc, Blasto, Ape Escape Apes, Sweet Tooth, Parappa to Jak, Daxter, Ratchet, Clank, Kratos, Sly Cooper to Nathan Drake, Sackboy, Cole, Radec, Fat Princess and much much more than that. Hell, put in characters like Snake (already confirmed to be in the game) and Cloud.

I'm looking forward to it just as much as I'm looking forward to the next smash. This game will actually make the next SSB even BETTER if it succeeds, and I'm sure it will. I'm getting a PS3 just for this, because I've been waiting 12 years for this game.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
It looks a bit..weird. Idk I don't really like the look of it, but it might be fun. I wouldn't get a PS3 just for this though.

Years
PlayStation-All-Stars_510.jpg

Oh my god. That's freaking Hades from God of War in the background! Man, that brings back memories lmao.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Speaking of Hades...

Spoiler:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
^ If he does get into it I hope it won't be a Ganondorf 2 ;((

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
^ If he does get into it I hope it won't be a Ganondorf 2 ;((
So many spoilers for KI:U I actually don't know if I should take about Hades at all.
Spoiler:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I think hades would be awesome in the new SSB's! He looks like a good character. It would be nice if they don't have clones again. Maybe even add more uniqueness to the already characters so none feel the same! I think thatd be awesome!

There should be a sony vs nintendo fighting game, on the XBOX360 as an exclusive title. thatd be epic and funny! maybe even add some xbox people like Master Chief

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm definitely not looking forward to this as much as I'm looking forward to the next SSB, but that's because I've always been a Nintendo fanboy above all else. I grew up with the SNES and N64, so I'm much more inclined to enjoy the Nintendo versions of anything. But I am definitely getting excited for the PlayStation one, and Spino's enthusiasm is infectious haha.

It does look pretty fun to play and much the same as SSB in style. The one thing I don't like about it is that the white outline that appears around the characters most of the time makes it look cartoony and it bugs me. I'm shocked they put Snake in the game though - I mean, I know he's a PlayStation character but I'm still surprised that they allowed him to be in this after he appeared in Brawl on Nintendo.

I'm kinda hoping they put a Tekken character or two into it; I really wanna see what it'd be like fighting with them in this kind of format lmao

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Was Sonic unintentionally suppose to be there or was he running away?

xD He was fighting Mario while they spotted Ganondorf killing Zelda lol
And yeah, he wasn't supposed to be there ._.

--

Yeah, I'd probably like to see Hades as a boss in SSB4, maybe attacking Pit in a cutscene first much like how Ridley chased and attacked Samus xD
I'd also like to see Tabuu make a sort of cameo or something since I had so much fun beating him or trying to capture him with a trophy especially on Insane mode xD

Btw, do you think the brawlers should talk in the cutscenes or remain mute and speechless while using sign languages? It's pretty amazing how they understood each other in Brawl just by nodding and looking each other in the eyes lol

Shining Raichu

Years
I liked it how it was in Brawl, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to them talking lol - particularly since it's been shown in most of their respective games that they each speak English :P. I never actually noticed that they weren't speaking, the cut scenes just flowed on from each other so well!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I never noticed that they didnt talk in the cut scenes :O I only did a really quick play through with my friend and was more like LET US FIGHT! then I wonder whats happening o.O
Saying this I think it would be fairly cool if they had cutscenes with dialogue but I dont think they do to save money on voice actors :S

Shining Raichu

Years
Voice acting was actually something I hadn't even considered! That's probably the reason for it actually, because I'm sure the guys who voice the more popular characters like Mario and Luigi would charge a fortune for their services now that the characters are institutions in their own right.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I'd like to join this club, since I love Smash Bros Brawl
Username: Cosmotone8

Imma go and answer some of the current topics.
How did you start playing Super Smash Bros?
I played at a friends house once, and then loved it so much that he let me keep the game since he never did play at all.

Any thoughts/opinions about it?
I think its really cool that all the Nintendo characters come together in such an epic way. It also got me interested in a lot of series once I saw their characters and stages.
What strategies/characters do you use when playing?
I almost always use Ike, but sometimes I use Pikachu. I don't really have any strategies, since I almost never play against anyone other than computers. (And they are really easy to beat)
What is your opinion on the new SSB game coming?
There is a new one? O_O *Rejoices*
Which characters would you like to see in SSB4?
I wouldn't like to see any other characters really, but I would like to see some more epic stages.
What new series or new character from recent years would you like to see?
None really.

Shining Raichu

Years
Hey Cosmotone, happy to have you! And you've given me an idea.

I don't think I ever told the story of how I became a Smash Bros fan!

I was like 9 years old and I decided to have a few of my friends over to play because I always had one friend over at a time but we never did a group thing. So I decided to fix that. One of my friends, Tom, brought over the Nintendo 64 version of Smash Bros and after we got bored of MarioKart, we decided to give it a go.

I played Pikachu the entire time because that was the only character I knew and liked out of the 12 that were offered (lol 12) and it was the best fun I'd ever had in my life ever.

But then we never did it again and I forgot about the game... UNTIL I was 11 in sixth grade and a new kid came to school. I had to befriend him because they made me because I was the smart nerd and therefore a good influence, and I soon found out that he had a copy of the game! Then I pestered him to let me buy it from him and I bought it for $24 (I haggled him down from 30) and the rest is history.

DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE A STORY?!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I was about 8 I think and at a friends house we were just playing outside cause that what you do when youre a kid when her brother asked us if we could play with him.
After he told me how to play I got straight into it. I think we played it for like 3 hours and it was so so much fun! I couldnt believe it, after that I saved up and got it for myself, it was truly one of the funnest things I did in my childhood, playing 4 person ssb with some friends for hours on end. Epic.
Thats how I got into it, its still great as well! ~Nostalgic!

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
Well, I don't think I've posted in this club since waaaaaaaay back when o.0 But hey there's a first (or second or third or whatever) time for everything. Look's like we're talking about how we got started playing SSB, so yeah, I'll just continue the conversation.

I started with Brawl, which I'm not totally proud of. In fact, I've never once played Melee, and I only just played the original SSB for the first time last week. I first played Brawl quite a few years ago, though; In fact my friend got it just after it was released. We spent hours on that thing, just smashing each others faces in, sometimes virtually. Of course, we pretty much sucked at it, and my friend never played story mode, so he never unlocked any extra characters. I practically plaed as Link the entire time, and my friend was almost always Mario. We were pretty much even, but we never really got better for a really long time. In fact, my friend eventually forgot about the game (sniff) and he's never gotten good. I, on the other hand, found a group of friends who played the game constantly, and we had these huge tournaments every time we saw each other. So tl;dr, I love SSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back