• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
Souless,that looks somewhat empty,and like you didnt make your own bg for it(although it does match...) I dont like the text at all though..seems a tad too big and doesnt fit in at all...

Nice guy mode-

-downloading-..please wait...

Okay,i like how you placed the text,almost makes up for how it doesnt fit at all..and i like how you faded jirachi to make it blend it with the stars/constellations..whateva ;D
and even tho u didnt make the background,it fits in and looks really good so..

good job! 4/10 i think its a big improvement from your old one,though. ;)

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
please rate

flygon.jpg

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Well my new theme is up for rating I guess~

I didn't do much of anything because the picture was so huge. BUT. I learned how to do a selection border. Thanks Mizzy-chan!

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
Well, I have been playing around with photoshop more and I would like some critiques on my newer banners :3 They're both kinda big so I'll put one in a spoiler tag~

happyholidays.png

It is a bit plain, but it's one of the first backgrounds that I actually made :)

Spoiler:

Ryouki, I like the banner you made, the only things that throw me off is that you can't really read the text. And as for Souless, the big blocky text is distracting from the banner. but I loove the effects though :)

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2009
Yes. The new one.
I didn't blend it on purpose. It looks like she summoned the background

f_BlazeBanm_928a48b.png

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
Ryouki --

I still can't see why you don't like that banner D: I fell in love with the background <3 It looks so... Pretty, I guess. The clipping masks over the guy's shoulder stops it from looking like a render pasted onto a background, which is really cool. And the colours are lovely as well. More effects would have been nice, and the text needs some work, but other than that, I have nothing else to say. Besides the fact that it looks nice, and it sort of makes me want to watch that anime.

Souless --

I'll focus on the banner, but the same stuff may probably apply with the avatar, as well. Compared to some banners I have seen from you, this one looks better, I guess. I don't like the lowered opacity of Jirachi, nor do I like the yellow-ish drop shadow, which was rendered with the image :| And, because of the lowered opacity, and probably because of the colours used, the text stands out more than it should. The spacey background fits with the theme, but there's too much open space around the banner. Smaller banner dimentions, with smaller text should fix that up, though.

evilcheese --

I guess the dark and grungy style works with Flygon... But perhaps it's a bit too dark? Or I'm just not used to dark banners. Anyway, I like how you blended Flygon into the background, almost making it look like it was in a sandstorm or something. Very nice. Although it would look more like a sandstorm, if the effects were sharper, and more, erm, sand-like, rather than lookin slightly blotchy. The text is okay, but the outer glow is a bit much. Then again, you can't really remove the outer glow, because then it'd be impossible to read the text, so, I guess it's not too bad now. Oh, and I like the colours.

Chikara --

Simple is best? xD Aaaah! The image is so cute x3 The selection border looks very appropriate here, and almost adds to the 'cute-ness' factor. The only bad thing I have to say is that the outer glow looks 'misplaced'. Unless it was part of the original image. But yeah, it looks strange O_o A white, 2-3 pixel stroke probably would look better, instead. The pink-ish background is good too, and the colours are nice. Oh, and the avatar dimentions are nice, too. I don't tend to see avatars like that, so, it's uniquely cool.

Satsuki --

[banner 1] Ooh, spatter... -shot'd- The background isn't too bad. But it's the fact that the background is so simple, yet the render is quite complicated. It looks... Odd, in a way. Although, a more complicated render means that most of the focus is placed on the image, so a simple background could be advantageous, as well. It's pretty good, for one of your first backgrounds ^^ As for the text, the stroke may be just one pixel too big. Or maybe more. But, yeah, it's a bit too thick.

[banner 2] I like this one ^^ I especially love the colours. I also like the 'paint on canvas' look (it kind of looks like that for me, so if it's not meant to be like that, then I'm just seeing things). The image quality isn't the best, though. At some areas, it looks grainy, almost JPEG-y (when you save something in JPEG using Paint). Other than that, it's still very nice.

joangaes --

You need to work on rendering D: It looks way too rough, and I can see black bits floating around Samus. This makes the banner look like a render slapped onto a background, which is the kind of thing people should try to avoid. The render quality looks unpleasant, as well. Way too much space in between the two lines of text, and the white seems to come out of nowhere. The font doesn't match, either. The background is nice, but perhaps needs a bit more work.

Shika --

lul, it actually does look like she summoned the background. The background colours match the render, but the spatters in the background are all blotched together behind her. So it looks like one giant purple splodge D: The C4D background is pretty cool, but if you want it to fade to white around the outside, erm, make it look 'fade-y'-er? -shot'd- But really, it doesn't fade to white too well. Oh, and you still need to blend the render more to the background. It's pretty good, anyway. I like the border... xD

---

Gah, I want a banner rated, but it's not done yet... >.>

joangaes

BANNER MAKER
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Ryouki --

I still can't see why you don't like that banner D: I fell in love with the background <3 It looks so... Pretty, I guess. The clipping masks over the guy's shoulder stops it from looking like a render pasted onto a background, which is really cool. And the colours are lovely as well. More effects would have been nice, and the text needs some work, but other than that, I have nothing else to say. Besides the fact that it looks nice, and it sort of makes me want to watch that anime.

Souless --

I'll focus on the banner, but the same stuff may probably apply with the avatar, as well. Compared to some banners I have seen from you, this one looks better, I guess. I don't like the lowered opacity of Jirachi, nor do I like the yellow-ish drop shadow, which was rendered with the image :| And, because of the lowered opacity, and probably because of the colours used, the text stands out more than it should. The spacey background fits with the theme, but there's too much open space around the banner. Smaller banner dimentions, with smaller text should fix that up, though.

evilcheese --

I guess the dark and grungy style works with Flygon... But perhaps it's a bit too dark? Or I'm just not used to dark banners. Anyway, I like how you blended Flygon into the background, almost making it look like it was in a sandstorm or something. Very nice. Although it would look more like a sandstorm, if the effects were sharper, and more, erm, sand-like, rather than lookin slightly blotchy. The text is okay, but the outer glow is a bit much. Then again, you can't really remove the outer glow, because then it'd be impossible to read the text, so, I guess it's not too bad now. Oh, and I like the colours.

Chikara --

Simple is best? xD Aaaah! The image is so cute x3 The selection border looks very appropriate here, and almost adds to the 'cute-ness' factor. The only bad thing I have to say is that the outer glow looks 'misplaced'. Unless it was part of the original image. But yeah, it looks strange O_o A white, 2-3 pixel stroke probably would look better, instead. The pink-ish background is good too, and the colours are nice. Oh, and the avatar dimentions are nice, too. I don't tend to see avatars like that, so, it's uniquely cool.

Satsuki --

[banner 1] Ooh, spatter... -shot'd- The background isn't too bad. But it's the fact that the background is so simple, yet the render is quite complicated. It looks... Odd, in a way. Although, a more complicated render means that most of the focus is placed on the image, so a simple background could be advantageous, as well. It's pretty good, for one of your first backgrounds ^^ As for the text, the stroke may be just one pixel too big. Or maybe more. But, yeah, it's a bit too thick.

[banner 2] I like this one ^^ I especially love the colours. I also like the 'paint on canvas' look (it kind of looks like that for me, so if it's not meant to be like that, then I'm just seeing things). The image quality isn't the best, though. At some areas, it looks grainy, almost JPEG-y (when you save something in JPEG using Paint). Other than that, it's still very nice.

joangaes --

You need to work on rendering D: It looks way too rough, and I can see black bits floating around Samus. This makes the banner look like a render slapped onto a background, which is the kind of thing people should try to avoid. The render quality looks unpleasant, as well. Way too much space in between the two lines of text, and the white seems to come out of nowhere. The font doesn't match, either. The background is nice, but perhaps needs a bit more work.

Shika --

lul, it actually does look like she summoned the background. The background colours match the render, but the spatters in the background are all blotched together behind her. So it looks like one giant purple splodge D: The C4D background is pretty cool, but if you want it to fade to white around the outside, erm, make it look 'fade-y'-er? -shot'd- But really, it doesn't fade to white too well. Oh, and you still need to blend the render more to the background. It's pretty good, anyway. I like the border... xD

---

Gah, I want a banner rated, but it's not done yet... >.>

Well maybe this is best:
metroidavvie.png

MetroidBanner.png

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
joangaes -- You didn't need to quote the entire thing... Ahem, anyway, it's a definite improvement. There's more flow to the banner, and the text doesn't look as awkward. The render is much cleaner as well. The text font and colour sort of kill the banner, though, and it's looking a bit too plain. I think a simple one pixel black border would look good, as well.

evilcheese -- I regret complaining about the outer glow on the text of the other banner, now. The text in this banner just barely visible; the first time I looked at it, I thought that there was no text. The text is also very awkwardly positioned. Everything in general is much too dark, and those borders look really odd. The effects aren't too bad, though.

Crashink -- Lovely flow ^^ The bottom left corner seems to be a tad cluttered, though, or the waves/curly lines just look bigger than the render. The render could have been shifted to the left just a bit, since there's a small empty space around the center. Oh, and the text size seems a bit big, but the font matches curves on the banner. The monotonous look is okay... But it slightly makes the banner look a bit dull. Oh, and maybe sharpen up the image's face, since it looks a bit too blurred right now.

---

Meh, I had more to say, but I guess I'm just too lazy... Or tired. Or both.

Oh, and I have a new banner:

yuichibannerro1.png

I was bored... I know it looks a bit empty, but I didn't know how to fill it up. And I need ideas on a border. I thought it looked okay without one, so I'm not so sure.

... Oh no, Shira used a real person in a banner again D:

-explodes-

Last edited:

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
Hey i have some things that i need rated..i have quite a few but i chose my 4 most recent ones,im open for any comments,help,and constructive critisism.

Erm..made it out of boredness,which is usually what i do...

Made it for my sig a few days ago,didnt match with my box,so away it went,along with my box XD

Again,made for no reason whatsoever(boredness)

Made this for pokehackeromega for no reason whatsoever,he didnt even ask or know that i was doing it..i just found him and looked like he needed a new
siggy/theme 8D

My fave..i just found out how to do scanlines,so naturally i wanted to try it on something...this has about 30-35 layers in it and its my fave...Well,duh,its in my sig.

Thx people,please rate and give critisism etc.

Pce

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Well guys, I'm kind of interested as to why nobody but Shiranui has commented/rated for awhile.

I'll do a little commenting, but you guys should really stop just posting your stuff to get rated without saying anything about everyone else's stuff. I know you might be busy, but it seems kind of selfish to me. o_x; But I dunno. That's just my opinion. <_<

Crashink; Love the colors! The border would probably have been better as more of a 'blue-ish' color though, to match the rest of it. I like the brushes, but the text font... eh. Dimensions are a bit small as well. It's really nice though. ^^

Shiranui; Real people! xD I adore the flowery brush/print thing around the main render. The lighting is great too, it really puts the focus where it should be. It... is pretty empty though. xD As for a border, you could try a single pixelled dark-bluish-greenish border on just the top and bottom? Leaving the sides unbordered that is. *shrug* xD

joangaes; Wow, the text.. certainly stands out. o_x;; It's kind of pixelly, which is bad, and the render looks like you just pasted it right onto a background and was done with it. The text is definitely better than last time though. I can't say I really like how simplistic the background is, but eh. A border would be nice as well, as Shiranui said.

Sasuke_Darkness; Wow. Kay well, I'm certainly not motivated enough to rate all of those, nor do I feel that I'm motivated to rate more than one, so I'll pick one at random.

The Okami one looks good, but there doesn't seem to be much blending with the background and the render, and the text sticks out like a sore thumb. You probably should've taken the stroke down one pixel or two. And then added a border with the same pixel # in black. A border would make it look MUCH nicer.

Baka Tenshi; Well... Arina Tanemura rocks, so... *thumbs up* xD Nah just kidding. I like the christmas light-y background, and though the text spacing is a little off, the font is great. The render is awesome, and though the blending looks a little awkward on the left... the lowered opacity border is awesome though. ^^

joangaes

BANNER MAKER
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Well guys, I'm kind of interested as to why nobody but Shiranui has commented/rated for awhile.

I'll do a little commenting, but you guys should really stop just posting your stuff to get rated without saying anything about everyone else's stuff. I know you might be busy, but it seems kind of selfish to me. o_x; But I dunno. That's just my opinion. <_<

Crashink; Love the colors! The border would probably have been better as more of a 'blue-ish' color though, to match the rest of it. I like the brushes, but the text font... eh. Dimensions are a bit small as well. It's really nice though. ^^

Shiranui; Real people! xD I adore the flowery brush/print thing around the main render. The lighting is great too, it really puts the focus where it should be. It... is pretty empty though. xD As for a border, you could try a single pixelled dark-bluish-greenish border on just the top and bottom? Leaving the sides unbordered that is. *shrug* xD

joangaes; Wow, the text.. certainly stands out. o_x;; It's kind of pixelly, which is bad, and the render looks like you just pasted it right onto a background and was done with it. The text is definitely better than last time though. I can't say I really like how simplistic the background is, but eh. A border would be nice as well, as Shiranui said.

Sasuke_Darkness; Wow. Kay well, I'm certainly not motivated enough to rate all of those, nor do I feel that I'm motivated to rate more than one, so I'll pick one at random.

The Okami one looks good, but there doesn't seem to be much blending with the background and the render, and the text sticks out like a sore thumb. You probably should've taken the stroke down one pixel or two. And then added a border with the same pixel # in black. A border would make it look MUCH nicer.

Baka Tenshi; Well... Arina Tanemura rocks, so... *thumbs up* xD Nah just kidding. I like the christmas light-y background, and though the text spacing is a little off, the font is great. The render is awesome, and though the blending looks a little awkward on the left... the lowered opacity border is awesome though. ^^

Ok I will take out the white of the thing and I will add a border.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Aaaaand she's back again. I made a christmas banner with no avatar. I think it turned out pretty good but I didn't realise that the color for the border was a little pink-ish and it's a little too see-through. But besides that I think it turned out ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back