• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Would you like a sequel for Johto?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
So, these games as they are, they mentioned if they were successful, they might consider doing similar mechanics for other regions.

But going by that, would you like it if they made sequels for the other regions, like Johto, or Hoenn? Would you play these style of games more if they were set place upon your favourite regions?

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
Years
I mean assuming we get Gen 8 this year and DP remakes next year idk. I can't see GO being alive that much in in 2021. Though if it is done as a side series they could always release a main series game with LG2

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
As someone who would have bought LGPE if only they had followed the GSC plot with 251 Pokémon and Johto+Kanto, I'd definitely like it. But I'd still prefer DP remakes and new games first.

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
Years
If it keeps the kiddie stuff out of the main games then yes.

Oh never thought of this. If the main series can feel less kiddy now I fully support LG. Having a full on less kiddy pokemon game would be very nice since the last Gen that did not feel full on kiddy was Gen V.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
LGPE should have been Kanto + Johto or a reverse GSC from the start. Namely for the first half of the game in Kanto, its modeled after Yellow and the 2nd half(with a few minor changes to its respective Elite Four), are modeled after Crystal(since Gold and Silver have HG/SS). That way you'd have the first 251 Pokemon and more "end-game" content to do such as challenging the Johto Gyms and its respective Elite Four with its Champion not being Lance but "Gold". You'd add in Silver and Crystal(aka Kris) just as they did Red, Green and Blue for Kanto.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Honestly yes, I've just exited Rock Tunnel in Let's Go, Pikachu and I am already wanting another Let's Go game. It's such a comfy game, that Johto would be perfect for the next Let's Go installment. All they need to do is keep the SAME graphics as Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee have, make post-game Kanto bigger and keep the Japanese aesthetic that HG/SS had.

Playing Let's Go, Pikachu has made Kanto feel new once again.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yes... if there were improvements. LGPE were alright enough but they severely lacked postgame content and sidegame stuff, for instance. While I love Johto, a LG title set there would look so much worse than HGSS because those games were overflowing with things to do. Pokewalker included with the game, pokeathlon, gym leader rematches, safari zone, new routes, all of Kanto without any gimping, battle frontier...

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Yes, very much so 100% yes I would. I love Johto, and when I was finished playing Let's Go Kanto all I could think about was how much I REALLY wanted to play that style again (overworld pokemon, amazing graphics), but in Johto.

I'm stoked for Sword and Shield, but Lets Go Johto would be a fantastic addition as well.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
On the bright side, maybe with a Let's Go, Johto, they might be able to keep the LGPE Kanto, rather than shrinking Kanto.

Years
An old thread, but I have to chime in: a Let's Go! Johto would be fantastic. Something along the lines of Crystal, perhaps. If Let's Go! Johto AND Sword and Shield were on the way, that would be amazing.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i'd love that, honestly. i would personally prefer that they just expand on what we've already got (ie. adding in dlc and/or the ability to send in later gen pokemon from go or smth) but i'd definitely play a let's go version of johto.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
It will be Gold and Silver's 20th anniversary in November. I know it's not likely because we have Sword and Shield on the way, but it would be nice if they could get a little smidgeon of something, instead of just more gen 1 everywhere. Even if not in time for any anniversaries (as Masuda stated in an interview LGPE's alignment with Yellow's anniversary was coincidental), I'd still like to see a LG for gen 2. The idea that LGPE allows the people who started with gen 1 now experience Pokémon "for the first time again" but with their new families, like a spouse and child(ren), is cute, but it would be nice if people who started with other gens got that chance, too.

Years
I think it's quite likely that we'll get Let's Go! Johto, really. I don't think Game Freak/The Pokémon Company are the type to come up with a new concept and then drop it after one set of games (they remade Red and Green, and then they remade Gold and Silver, and then they remade Ruby and Sapphire...). And since all Pokémon games are on the Switch now, it's not unlikely that we'll get a lot of games for the system. And It's been about 10 years since Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and that itself marked 10 years since the original games were released... 20th anniversary, like you say, Rivvon. Maybe they could announce it this year at least?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I think it's quite likely that we'll get Let's Go! Johto, really. I don't think Game Freak/The Pokémon Company are the type to come up with a new concept and then drop it after one set of games (they remade Red and Green, and then they remade Gold and Silver, and then they remade Ruby and Sapphire...). And since all Pokémon games are on the Switch now, it's not unlikely that we'll get a lot of games for the system. And It's been about 10 years since Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and that itself marked 10 years since the original games were released... 20th anniversary, like you say, Rivvon. Maybe they could announce it this year at least?
Eh, Game Freak both reuse things like you said and also remove things to try out new concepts - namely features. See Pokenav, hidden grottos, the underground...

Years
Eh, Game Freak both reuse things like you said and also remove things to try out new concepts - namely features. See Pokenav, hidden grottos, the underground...

True, but they're small changes/additions compared to the entire concept of the game/of a remake. I think that because they're clearly open to remaking games, and are open to a more casual style of play typified by Let's Go and Pokémon Go itself, I doubt they'll stop there - I think we'll get Johto versions. Plus, Pikachu and Eevee sold well, and Junichi Masuda spoke about there being more games in the series if the Kanto versions were well received, so...

Last edited:
Back