• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Super Mario Club: Welcome, It's-a Mario Time!!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

It's-a me, Mario!
Thank you for joining-a my club!
Rules:

1) Please follow all PC rules as they apply here too
2) Respect each other fully
3) Discussion may be discussed however you wa
nt, as long as it about the Mario Bros Series
4) Below has some fun guessing games. Its for your own entertainment, no need to answer for anything special. Though you can ask questions/discuss them as you wish.

49410.jpg

Spoiler:

Members:
Spoiler:

Signup Form:
Your username:
Your Companions(Please Read Spoiler Above):
Favorite Mario Game:

Fun Club Games
Spoiler:

Discussion Topic:
What the club is made for, the CLASSIC & the NEW Mario gaming franchise! Discuss how you feel & what you wish to see about certain Mario games!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Your username: Iloveeevee
Your Companions: Diddy Kong & Pink Yoshi
Favorite Mario Game: Super Mario World for the SNES
Yes I know that game is old but I still spend hours playing it and beating it over and over. It's so enjoyable to me that the game can never get old, even after the 20th playthrough.

Reactions: EB

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Your username: Leaf Storm
Your Companions: Princess Rosalina, Toad, & Green Yoshi
Favorite Mario Game: My favorite game is Super Mario World! Oh, I always loved this game since I was a little girl! Since that day I can't stop beating it, and everytime I beat it, I want to play a new playthrough again. I love how the levels are challenging and the boss fights are harder to beat. xP

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Your username: Iloveeevee
Your Companions: Diddy Kong & Pink Yoshi
Favorite Mario Game: Super Mario World for the SNES
Yes I know that game is old but I still spend hours playing it and beating it over and over. It's so enjoyable to me that the game can never get old, even after the 20th playthrough.

Your username: Leaf Storm
Your Companions: Princess Rosalina, Toad, & Green Yoshi
Favorite Mario Game: My favorite game is Super Mario World! Oh, I always loved this game since I was a little girl! Since that day I can't stop beating it, and everytime I beat it, I want to play a new playthrough again. I love how the levels are challenging and the boss fights are harder to beat. xP
Welcome both of you! So two Super Mario World lovers here huh? Super Mario World 3 would probably tie that game for me, but for myself, I'm choosing the Mario Kart series as my favorite. Mario Kart: Double Dash, Wii & 7 for sure. Honorable mention definitely goes toward NSMBW (New Super Mario Bros Wii) just because when you have another player or 3, it is amazingly always entertaining that you just cannot get tired of! In fact, I should had thought about buying this game rather than Mario Party 9 when I was in store. Maybe next time I buy a game I'll for sure get this one, but there's Galaxy 2 also....tough decision when the time comes x)

Your username:yiliang99
Your Companions: Rainbow Mario,Rainbow Lulgi,Yoshi
Favorite Mario Game:Mario kart,mario phartners in time
Welcome! I take it you love playing Super Mario Galaxy huh? @Rainbow Mario & Luigi x) Which of the two Galaxy games do you like better? Seems like the 2nd one beats the first in ratings. How do you feel about that? Do you think there will be a 3rd for a trilogy?

I understand why Mario Kart, as a diehard NASCAR fan, racing has always been in my blood so I'm thankful the Mario series does this! Which of the Mario Kart series do you like best? The Mario & Luigi saga, I never really played those. I want to though. I need to! x)

So question time now there are members...
Do you prefer the classic Mario games or the modern, 3D platformed(64-Wii)?

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
of course the 2nd mario galaxy and the mario kart I only have chance to play when I go to my cousin's house cause I have no nds and the mario and lugi saga is always the same reason as mario kart.

The question you post
I rather choose 3D platformed mario games,it's more fun other than the classic mario games.The classic mario games always the same story thats why I don't really like them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Honestly, I prefer classic games because basically I grew up with them when I was little. I had a hard time adjusting to the new technology when Mario 64 came out, which was really graphic-y and...modern xD. Replaying the classic games, including Mario World, I can always relive those childhood moments and beat the game like no tomorrow. xD

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Honestly, I prefer classic games because basically I grew up with them when I was little. I had a hard time adjusting to the new technology when Mario 64 came out, which was really graphic-y and...modern xD. Replaying the classic games, including Mario World, I can always relive those childhood moments and beat the game like no tomorrow. xD

That's real good. Because of how this generation lives now, I'd have to say I prefer the current modern 3DS games. You can more around more & actually have more fun doing so. That's just my 3rd degree to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I love the classics as well, but the 2D doesn't allow you to entertain yourself running in circles with Mario like it can in Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Sunshine/Galaxies :P All in all, I think the 3D is a bit more challenging, & I love a challenge. The classics were just fun & easy games in my opinion. Like a lot of what you do in the classics is mostly just jumping on top of the villain's head. Which in the modern games, there are so much more techniques to do today. To be honest, Super Paper Mario was amazing, it had both 2D & 3D (The 2D has the classic feel to it), so I love games where you can switch back in forth in. Although the Thousand Year Door was the best ;)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm joining, yo! My name is Shining Raichu and my companion shall be Yoshi or I will destroy you all!

I grew up with the old ones as well (my first Mario game was Super Mario All-Stars on Super Nintendo) and so I've always loved the classic 2D games... but in the end I think I get a lot more enjoyment out of the 3D roaming ones. Super Mario 64 is to this day my favourite Mario game of all time (even though I never owned it personally until they re-released it on DS) so I'd have to go with those. Mario Sunshine was awesome too XD

Cid

Years
A Mario club! I was actually waiting for something like this to pop up here. <3 Count me in!

Your Username: Cid
Your Companions: Luigi, Yoshi and Bowser. Luigi's always been my man in every game I play with him on it, and he's probably my favourite character for the franchise as a whole, and has been for quite a while. :D Yoshi's just so cute and likeable, and I loved playing SMW2 because of him. And I've grown to like Bowser after the RPG styled Mario games.
Favorite Mario Game: From the main series games, I have to pick the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES, just because nothing beats the fun I've had playing that game. If SMW2: Yoshi's Island counts then it comes a close second. For everything related to Mario, Paper Mario for the N64. I loved it a lot.

I like both, honestly. But if they stopped making one style in favour of the other, I'm going to have to choose the modern Mario games, because I think there's still a lot more innovative, creative, and most importantly, fun games to come from the forthcoming line of 3D Mario games. The 2D ones are getting a little stale as the series goes on, in my opinion. Case in point, I'm a bit disappointed with NSMB2 and NSMBWiiU for being too safe, if that's the right term to use.

Shining Raichu

Years
Speaking of NSMB2, I bought that because I got really excited by the notion of COINS COINS COINS, but I finished the game within 4 hours and I found that the abundance of coins made the game far too easy. I kept playing for about 3 weeks after I finished, just because I'd be sitting there watching TV and I'd just pick up my 3DS and start playing for something to do with my hands. In the end, I had 1110 lives (the maximum available in the game) and I had the levels down to a routine science and eventually I began to hate myself every time I picked up the game :P.

So yeah, I won't be playing that again for a while. If they wanna bring out another 3D Land game though, I'd be in full support of that.

Cid

Years
Man I don't have NSMB2, so I don't know how good it is. At least I think the coin abundance was an interesting gimmick. I just love the concept of golden fireballs that can turn stuff into coins, plus having so many coins to collect and a counter specifically for that. The coin collecting and 1-UP sound effects have always been music to my ears. In fact, if coins had more of a use than a simple score counter and 1-UP giver like getting to unlock cool stuff (like Temple Run, I guess) then that would be sweet (or do they have that already? I'm too lazy to check. :P ). However, I can see how the abundance it gives you tons and tons of lives (assuming the 1-UP rule for a hundred coins stuck even for such a game) which tempers down the difficulty. :( I wish the New Super Mario Bros series of games would get a little more creative in different ways, perhaps adding new playable characters, a new setting, an actual plot or completely new villains, something like that. Gameplay-wise, I have no idea if the stuff they brought back and added to NSMB2 was particularly great, but I'm sure it was still fun to play.

Haven't played 3D Land either, so I still can't relate. I think I would love to have that game, though. It looks fun, and I hear it is, too. And I'm really curious with how well the 2D and 3D styles mash together.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I figured that game was way too easy for me. xD Last time I played/rented it, I had 41 lives, and 10 of the items available for each. And I wasn't going solo, my cousin and I were able to reach World 5 in 2-3 hours iirc. xD

I can't say about the other games like 3D land and the newest games, since I haven't tried my hand yet.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Okay so I was playing Mario Party 9 solo & I got to thinking...I'm not feeling the joy behind it all anymore. Who's played this & the previous ones? Honestly? 9 is awesome, but I really prefer the older ones, the minigames felt like there were more smashing buttons or rotating the sticks than Mario Party 9. I would get 8, but I heard so much bad things about it, so I don't know. Maybe I should just get Mario Party 2 from the Wii Shop. But I only have one gamecube controller if my friend wanted to play & compete D:

Anyway..

What is everyone's favorite Mario spinoffs or sports game?

Shining Raichu

Years
I actually don't have one! I've never played the sports or spinoff games, I've always been a "main-series" kind of guy lol. Mario Party always seemed kind of fun, but it seemed like it had to be played with a bunch of friends or it wasn't worth it. I've also never been much into sports, so the idea of playing a sports video game never really appealed to me :P

Does MarioKart count as a sports game? Technically car racing is a sport :P

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Yes, Mario Kart is, though its a bit easy to figure it out because Waluigi & Daisy are in them to find the answer easier to solve. x)

I'm not a big fan of sports in real life myself, but I find Mario sports to be exclusive. Though games like baseball, soccer are a bit of a bore, Mario Tennis & Mario Golf are definitely very fun. There are so many things you could do on your own & its a buttload of fun playing with & against your friends as well. Mario Sports Mix & the Mario vs Sonic Olympics games are the only ones I have never tried yet. Any opinions on those one?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Your username: TRIFORCE89
Your Companions(Please Read Spoiler Above): Light Blue Yoshi, Kamek, Kooper, Chain Chomp, Paper Mario, King Koopa (movie), Blargg
Favorite Mario Game: Super Mario World

From the sports titles I like Mario Tennis (both GBC and N64). I don't really see Kart as sports, especially the new ones. I wish they'd go back to normal-looking karts

Shining Raichu

Years
Has anybody tried the new New Super Mario Bros game that just came out with the Wii-U?

(Come to that, did anybody get themselves a Wii-U?)

It looked like the only game I would be interested in on the Wii-U so I didn't get one yet. I'm going to wait until games come out that are worth buying the console for, but I remember watching the NSMB-U trailer at E3 and thinking it looked awesome :)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I haven't. I don't have a Wii U. But it looks like the most Mario-y NSMB game so far.

Don't like the squirrel though. Squirrel suit is fugly

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2012
name: ash_ley
companions: Funky Kong & Princess Daisy
favorite Mario games: Mario Kart Wii & Mario Party 3 (like them equal)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Your username: LilJz1234
Your Companions(Please Read Spoiler Above): Toad (Regular One)
Favorite Mario Game: I would say... Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart Double Dash & Mario Galaxy

Back