• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simon Says Challenge

Years
  • Age 31
  • LOL
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
k9hX1KF.png

HOW TO PLAY
To start, simply select any game from the franchise (NOT INCLUDING spin-offs or extension games, such as Pokemon Conquest or Pokemon Stadium). After that, each participant will be taking orders from other participants in this challenge. In other words, every person will be someone else's SIMON.

ACCEPTABLE SIMON SAYS COMMANDS
In this list are GENERALIZED commands that can be requested by your SIMON.

1) Remove the Pokemon in any filled slot in your party and release them.
2) Toss away all (or any) boxed Pokemon.
3) Sell/Remove all items you have (obviously only removing items that can be removed in the first place).
4) Waste a TM or force a HM move onto a Pokemon.
5) Release your lowest/highest leveled Pokemon.
6) Defeat the next gym or rival battle using only 3 of your Pokemon.
7) Any Pokemon above your lowest levelled Pokemon cannot be used until after your next gym/rival battle.
8) Try to defeat the gym right now (without grinding, healing, etc.).
9) You cannot use healing/restoring/curing items in the next gym/rival battle.
10) You can only use regular Pokeballs (or any specified, easily obtainable Pokeballs) from now on.
11) You can only use ???? type of Pokemon (replace ???? with actual type).
12) You cannot use ???? type of moves (replace ???? with move type).
13) You cannot have any Pokemon above level 30/40/50 (based on how far you are now).
14) You cannot revive any fainted Pokemon ever again.
15) You cannot used any boxed Pokemon ever again.
16) You cannot use FLY, DIG, TELEPORT or other "teleportation" moves to travel.
17) You cannot buy anything above 300 (or higher, you decide) Poke.
18) You cannot use or obtain any STATIC Pokemon.
19) You cannot capture any LEGENDARY Pokemon.
20) You cannot obtain/capture any Pokemon of ???? type (replace ???? with type).

...and so on, and so forth.

How do I know who is my SIMON?
After around 4 or more people have joined, I will begin appointing everyone a SIMON. From there on, your SIMON will use this thread to contact you by QUOTING your original post (every time) with your first command after you beat your first GYM. That way, you have a fighting chance. Odds are, by the end of the game, you will might lose.

BUT WAIT... who is your SIMON?
Here's the fun part... ALL OF YOU! Every person that joins this challenge has the chance to become my SIMON after each and EVERY gym battle or rival battle. In other words, there is a VERY HIGH chance I will fail this challenge if you all end up ruining my team or my winning chances.

BUT WAIT... what if the command requested is UNFAIR or UNBEATABLE?
In the event that you are given a challenge which makes the game UNBEATABLE, I will personally FIX that command so that it is SOMEWHAT beatable. Commands such as "You cannot use the Pokecenter ever again" will be changed to "You cannot use the Pokecenter until your next gym/rival battle" or something of that sort. REMEMBER, don't try to ruin the game for other people, cause such behaviour can result in YOUR SIMON backlashing against you for being a JERK. This is supposed to be a challenge, not a death penalty.

PARTICIPATION & PARTICIPANTS
If you want to join, simply list the following below:

TRAINER: The name of your trainer.
GAME: The game you will be playing.

After that, once enough people have joined, I will begin PMing each of you the name of your SIMON.
Finally, once you beat your 1st GYM, your SIMON can then issue an ORDER/COMMAND (ONLY) by quoting your very first post which only contains:

TRAINER: (Insert Trainer Name Here)
GAME: (Insert Game Name Here)

Good Luck!
And may the best survivor of this whole charade win!

(REMEMBER! Do not tell your SIMON who you have in the box, on your team, or any other details they can use against you.)​

Last edited:
Reactions: Tek
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
TRAINER: Caelan
GAME: Pokémon Fire Red

(P.S. should I edit this post with the message that I beat the first gym when I do?)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Player Name: Disturb Not The Harmony
Game: Pokemon Blue

So will players need to wait for a new SIMON command after every Gym?

Years
For a few past days I was thinking what to do with this challenge as the original poster is long gone. I think that that you two can be each other's SIMON. And according to the main post you're given command after every Gym - which would mean to wait for the command.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Ah, okay. I better get started, then. :)

Update 1: To The First Gym
Brock defeated pretty readily.

More detailed notes (I know we're not supposed to give details, so check at your peril :U)
Spoiler:

:) ?

Back