Second Generation Following the success of Red, Blue and Yellow, Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal introduced fans to an exciting new world full of new Pokémon to find, catch and train. Reminisce about your favourite moments in the Johto region, share your adventures and argue about the Johto master race.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old June 18th, 2017 (5:44 AM). Edited June 19th, 2017 by Videreludus.
Videreludus's Avatar
Videreludus Videreludus is offline
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 223
    So do you think that since Clefairy isn't normal type anymore GF, if they make another remake (very unlikely but still), would replace it in the Goldenrod Gym with another Pokémon?

    I think they would replace Clefairy with Jigglypuff since it is very similar.

    Type change from normal to fairy would be out of question since Miltank is Whitney's signature Pokémon and it's still normal type only.

    What do you think?
    __________________

    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old June 19th, 2017 (2:59 AM).
    Forever's Avatar
    Forever Forever is offline
    • Moderator
    • Crystal Tier
    • EOEvent Organizer
     
    Join Date: Nov 2005
    Location: Queensland
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 35,527
    That's actually p interesting. While I doubt we'll get a remake for another 15 years...

    I'm still hopeful! I think honestly they would keep Clefairy. We've seen at the Elite Four that they can replace other Pokemon that seem "similar" to the type - like Vileplume and Gengar on the dark E4 team. So I think really they would keep Clefairy, or make Whitney part fairy, part normal trainer. Honestly by that point we could have even more types and might need to make gym leaders have dual types? Even so I could see Whitney fitting the fairy theme so I think that fits in fine anyways. :)
    __________________


    Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
    You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
    A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old June 19th, 2017 (2:16 PM).
    Videreludus's Avatar
    Videreludus Videreludus is offline
       
      Join Date: Jul 2009
      Posts: 223
      Changed the title to avoid misunderstandings.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Forever View Post
      That's actually p interesting. While I doubt we'll get a remake for another 15 years...

      I'm still hopeful! I think honestly they would keep Clefairy. We've seen at the Elite Four that they can replace other Pokemon that seem "similar" to the type - like Vileplume and Gengar on the dark E4 team. So I think really they would keep Clefairy, or make Whitney part fairy, part normal trainer. Honestly by that point we could have even more types and might need to make gym leaders have dual types? Even so I could see Whitney fitting the fairy theme so I think that fits in fine anyways.
      True she could be both types and that could be interesting but I think GF will keep only one type for Gym Leaders, I don't see that changing.
      __________________

      Reply With Quote
        #4    
      Old June 19th, 2017 (4:31 PM).
      RedBalloon's Avatar
      RedBalloon RedBalloon is offline
         
        Join Date: Feb 2017
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 67
        If Gamefreak is going to stay true to their roots, I think she'll stay normal and NOT include fairy at all. I mean if it's anything like the VC release of R/B/Y, it'll stay the same for the VC release of Gold and Silver. Am I right?

        If we get a remake in many many years then maybe, but for this release, it'll stay a normal type gym.

        By the way, I never played the Johto games as much as the others, so i'm looking forward to the VC release myself.
        Reply With Quote
          #5    
        Old June 20th, 2017 (6:13 AM).
        Forever's Avatar
        Forever Forever is offline
        • Moderator
        • Crystal Tier
        • EOEvent Organizer
         
        Join Date: Nov 2005
        Location: Queensland
        Age: 25
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 35,527
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Red-Charizard View Post
        Changed the title to avoid misunderstandings.



        True she could be both types and that could be interesting but I think GF will keep only one type for Gym Leaders, I don't see that changing.
        I'm thinking more she's primarily normal but has a preference for fairy-types too. That way Clefairy would "fit in" and dual type leaders wouldn't be too odd because they have a set type but just have another separate preference. Clare for example could become primarily dragon and have a preference for water-types as well (which...she kinda does already lol).
        __________________


        Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
        You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
        A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

        Reply With Quote
          #6    
        Old June 20th, 2017 (6:57 PM).
        Tom2's Avatar
        Tom2 Tom2 is offline
           
          Join Date: Sep 2016
          Location: Maryland, USA
          Age: 27
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 149
          They could replace Clefairy with Stantler maybe. It would make sense since Stantler can be encountered north of Goldenrod.
          Reply With Quote
            #7    
          Old June 21st, 2017 (2:15 PM).
          Videreludus's Avatar
          Videreludus Videreludus is offline
             
            Join Date: Jul 2009
            Posts: 223
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by RedBalloon View Post
            If Gamefreak is going to stay true to their roots, I think she'll stay normal and NOT include fairy at all. I mean if it's anything like the VC release of R/B/Y, it'll stay the same for the VC release of Gold and Silver. Am I right?

            If we get a remake in many many years then maybe, but for this release, it'll stay a normal type gym.

            By the way, I never played the Johto games as much as the others, so i'm looking forward to the VC release myself.
            Yes but I was talking about a possible future remake, the VC version will not have much changes, that is ifit will.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Forever View Post
            I'm thinking more she's primarily normal but has a preference for fairy-types too. That way Clefairy would "fit in" and dual type leaders wouldn't be too odd because they have a set type but just have another separate preference. Clare for example could become primarily dragon and have a preference for water-types as well (which...she kinda does already lol).
            I never played Heart Gold or Soul Silver so I didn't know Clair has a Gyarados. But still there weren't much Dragon Types to choose from in that time and Gyarados (and Charizard) is very like a Dragon.

            Normal types in the otherhand exists alot, and Clefairy can easily be replaced by Jigglypuff as I said or Chansey (the latter would be a bad idea since it would make the battle harder to win if not impossible due to HP).

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tom2 View Post
            They could replace Clefairy with Stantler maybe. It would make sense since Stantler can be encountered north of Goldenrod.
            I think that Whitney prefers Pink Pokémon
            __________________

            Reply With Quote
              #8    
            Old June 21st, 2017 (2:25 PM).
            Alakazam17's Avatar
            Alakazam17 Alakazam17 is online now
            Hei minun ystäväni!
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Sep 2005
            Location: Canada
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 5,620
            Even if they keep Clefairy, it wouldn't be unprecedented as Sabrina used a Venomoth and Candice used a Medicham. In both these cases the preference went to moves, of the Psychic and Ice type respectively. In Clefairy's case it could just use the Normal-type TM that Whitney gives you for beating her.
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #9    
            Old June 30th, 2017 (7:13 AM). Edited July 4th, 2017 by Dragon.
            Videreludus's Avatar
            Videreludus Videreludus is offline
               
              Join Date: Jul 2009
              Posts: 223
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alakazam17 View Post
              Even if they keep Clefairy, it wouldn't be unprecedented as Sabrina used a Venomoth and Candice used a Medicham. In both these cases the preference went to moves, of the Psychic and Ice type respectively. In Clefairy's case it could just use the Normal-type TM that Whitney gives you for beating her.
              True but since Whitney uses only two Pokémon I think it wouldn't make her true normal type gym two have only two pokémin with different types. Sabrina and Candice had 4 Pokémon each.

              Talking about Clefairy in Goldenrod Gym, I found this picture.

              __________________

              Reply With Quote
                #10    
              Old July 10th, 2017 (8:52 AM).
              Nightcrow's Avatar
              Nightcrow Nightcrow is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2010
                Location: Belgium
                Age: 31
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 44
                do you think maybe they'll actually put some work into this game and give all trainers past the first route 6 pokemon? do you think they should at least give all gym leaders 6 pokemon and be a bit more original with them? do you think they could add some more interesting after elite 4 content?
                the series promotes playing with your favourites, could they maybe boost some rediculously weak ones so that becomes doable? these game need a lot of improvement. they have such a great format but they turn it into absolute rubbish
                __________________
                Spoiler:


                Reply With Quote
                Reply

                Quick Reply

                Join the conversation!

                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                Sponsored Links
                Thread Tools

                Posting Rules
                You may not post new threads
                You may not post replies
                You may not post attachments
                You may not edit your posts

                BB code is On
                Smilies are On
                [IMG] code is On
                HTML code is Off

                Forum Jump


                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:38 AM.