• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Simple Help / Quick Questions

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

Do you have...

a simple question about the anime? An offhand comment you'd like to share? Something you noticed that wouldn't make for a big discussion but might instigate a few comments? This is where you should be! It's a place for questions that may or may not have answers, for minor speculations, and little offhand remarks that don't really fit anywhere else. But mainly questions. Ask away; your fellow anime-watchers are here to make a valiant attempt to help you out. For reference purposes, here's the old FAQ & Simple Help Thread. If it looks like the same question is being asked over and over again, someone make a note of it and I'll probably start a FAQ in this post so people don't have to ask anymore. But right now, I don't know what people need to know. So use this thread as much as you need to! Any questions about the Pokémon Anime, the section itself, and even PC are welcome. If you need help, we'll do our best for you.​

Reference Links

feel free to suggest/submit!

Last edited:

Retom

Retomplay on Youtube
Years
Pokemon Anime Sound effects

I'm Not entirely sure if this is the right forum to ask, if it isnt, im sorry

anyway, if you have heard of 1kidsentertainment, its a pokemon abridged show which is so funny, and i used to make dubs with a friend a few years ago for fun, but i want one thing, The sound effects, i have the background music, and pokeball sound effect but im talking about, The sound of falling, or transition if you know what i mean

is there anyone who could help me?

Years
I watched the episodes "The Princess and the Togepi" and "Togepi Mirage" yesterday for the first time. My comment is in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
Hi, I was wondering if someone might know where this Pikachu cel comes from in the show? If anyone has any idea, I'd be very appreciative of the help! :) (Or at least an idea of where to search based on Pikachu's art style). I was the one who put the black background behind Pikachu, so it's not the original background from the show and may not match the scene. Also, I included the image of my other Pokemon cel that I still haven't managed to find in hopes that someone else might have seen it recently. Many thanks!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
What pokemon episode is Marill in?

What episodes and seasons does Marill the pokemon appear in im looking for the episodes. Please help thank you.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 20, 2021
So, I'm currently working on a fandub of Pokemon EP35-The Legend of Dratini, and I've stumbled across two tracks that I can't find.

The first track occurs at about 13:12 in the linked video. The second one occurs at about 16:57 and is used in many Pokemon episodes.

If you can find and/or identify these pieces, please do so. Thanks in advance! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

BasedNate

ImDaBes
Years
Does Ash have a rival in Pokemon the Series: XY?

I seen all the English episodes, but not the Japanese ones. We're in Episode 4 for English now. Does Ash even have a rival in this show? :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Not yet! I'm pretty sure he'll get one pretty soon though. It's a deviation from the norm, but hey, isn't it all?

jordsta95

That guy with 6 Magikarps
Years
Anime/movie music?

Hey guys, so I have wanted to know for a while what the music is that is played behind the voice over, during the intro, of pokemon movies.
This video uses it but doesn't give a link to the actual song name:
youtube[dot]com/watch?v=TRtCNgxVDkk (can't post links yet, sorry)

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot
-Jordan

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I'm pretty sure this question is on topic; it has to do with the anime so.

I've been compiling a list of the Pokedex entries that Ash shows/collects in Season 14. I was thinking of posting it here, if it would be considered on topic. Lol, I'm not sure if a question about something being on topic is on topic or not xD

Anyways, if this is the right place, and no one has tried to do this before, then I will post this, preferably with constant updates as I watch the entire season on Netflix :D

If this is the wrong place, or the way I want to do this does not work out with the regulations of this forum (which I will also go look for), please let me know. Thanks!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well... I think Bulba has a fair amount of those listed on the specific Pokémon's page in the anime appearences section. But if you really wanted to post such a compilation I would only request that you frame it as a discussion topic- how similar to game entries is it, what do people think about it, etc.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Well... I think Bulba has a fair amount of those listed on the specific Pokémon's page in the anime appearences section. But if you really wanted to post such a compilation I would only request that you frame it as a discussion topic- how similar to game entries is it, what do people think about it, etc.

Oh, I only planned to list the Pokemon that he pulled up in his Pokedex... You're making it sound like you want me to display the actual anime entries as well, which I can do, but I'd have to pull it from Bulbapedia. Also, you said you want me to frame it as a discussion topic, although I haven't seen enough discussion topics to know what the basic structure of one would be (Yeah, I don't frequent the discussion forums that often...). If you could possibly show this to me, I could do it, but I originally just wanted to do this for fun, as I was watching the anime on Netflix :(

Also, in "how similar to game entries is it" and "what do people think about it", what is it? I assume you mean the Pokedex entries, but I'm still not sure about that...

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Bulba does have a list of Pokemon that appear in a specific anime episode on that episode's page, so I don't think it's necessary that I do this.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah, that's... I was expecting that it'd be a little more of an in-depth project, including the Pokémon and the entry for that Pokémon. But yeah unfortunately your idea wouldn't really generate discussion, really. List-y type things usually don't.

Bulbafreak9000

Madam Boss's Muscle
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
Season 3-5 DVDS?

Anyone know where I can obtain the DVDs for Johto Journeys, Johto League Champions, and Master Quest for a reasonable price? Most of the ones I've seen have been a minimum of $90 used, for a 3 episode dvd. I also saw what looked like a Malaysian bootleg, but idk what kind of quality it is, and I'd rather have the official release. Can anyone help?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I'm not sure you're going to be able to, to be honest. Johto Journeys and Johto League Champions were only ever released as volumes, Master Quest as two box sets and all are out of print now (to my knowledge), so I doubt you are going to find anything new. I imported Master Quest a few years ago while it was still in print, but even then, gave up on finding the rest of Johto. Pokemon do not make it easy going down the legit route to watching their old episodes, do they?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Professor Ivy's Gender?

I have a question. Was Professor Ivy originally going to be a man? On the episode where Ash's Pidgeotto evolves into Pidgeot Professor Oak calls Ivy,'he'. That leads me to believe that the creators were originally going to make Professor Ivy a man but decided to make him a woman instead.

Back