• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Apocalocke Challenge

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
Apocalocke Challenge

Rules:
1. You may only catch the first Pokemon in each route/area that is avalable
2. If a pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be boxed permanetly
3. All pokemon must be nicknamed
4. You must roll a 4 sided dice to decide your apocalypse. The four are as follows:
Roll 1: Tsunami(Normal, Flying, Water, Grass, and Dragon types survive in this situation)
Roll 2: Heat Wave(Normal, Fire, Rock, Electric, and Ground types survive in this situation)
Roll 3: Blizzard(Normal, Ice, Dark, Fighting, and Steel types survive in this situation)
Roll 4: Nuclear(Normal, Poison, Bug, Psychic, and Ghost types survive in this situation)
5. The types can be either primary or secendary, as long as it has the type
6. You can only catch Pokemon of the types you have. For example:
Tsunami situation: You may catch Charizard, since its part flying. However, you may not catch Charmander or Charmeleon, since, even though they evolve into Charizard, they dont have the typing
Nuclear situation: You may catch Gloom and evolve it into Bellosom since, even though Bellosom doesnt have the Poison type, it did have the type when you caught it
Exeption to this rule: Your starter can be of any type, plus you may catch any Shiny pokemon you come across
7. You have to roll a 5 sided dice to see your Pokemon's role. The five are as follows:
Roll 1: The Lone Wanderer(This survivor is a loner and doesn't trust the rest of your group. He can't switch out of battle once it has started one)
Roll 2: The Survivor Couple(This survivor comes as a pair who have survived together, meaning you get to catch two Pok?mon in the route, and they should be treated as a Wedlocke couple and can only battle together. This requires two party spaces, if there aren't, both must be boxed)
Roll 3: The Fearful Survivor(This survivor survived because they were so frightened of everything and is always wary. No items may be used on this Pok?mon. This includes healing items, TM's and HM's, and evolutionary items. It also may not hold items)
Roll 4: The Lucky Survivor(This survivor got by on pure luck; no special conditions apply)
Roll 5: The Sickly Survivor(This survivor is sick due to the disaster and can only use three moves for the time it is being used. Meaning they can only have three moves, the fourth move is unable to be used and whatever is chosen as that move cannot be switched out for another)

Ultamite Apocalocke:
You think that this is too easy? Why dont you try the Ultamite Apocalocke! you have to choose one game of each region and keep your apocalypes that you roll for all of them!

Note: Hacks are accepted

Sign-up form:

Username:
Is this an Ultimate challenge?:
Game(s):
Apocalypes:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

My form:
Username: KittyDragon129
Is this an Ultimate challenge?: Nope
Game(s): FireRed
Apocalypes: Nuclear

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions
Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers:
Spoiler:

Ultamite Champions:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
I'd like to sign up :)

Username: Schwarz Bruder
Ultimate Challenge: No
Game: Pokemon Platinum
Apocalypse: Heat Wave

Added you :3

Also, here is my update:

My name: Chara(female)
Rival's name: Frisk
Badges: 1(Boulder Badge)
Team:
Spoiler:

Encounters:
Spoiler:

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
Years
Howdy, I'd like to sign up!

Username: SirDolan
Is this an Ultimate challenge?: Nah
Game: FireRed
Apocalypse: Tsunami

I have a couple of questions.
1. Are randomised games allowed?
2. How would you like us to submit our updates? Keep them in one post and edit the post when we have more to tell, or can we make a separate update post altogether?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
Howdy, I'd like to sign up!

Username: SirDolan
Is this an Ultimate challenge?: Nah
Game: FireRed
Apocalypse: Tsunami

I have a couple of questions.
1. Are randomised games allowed?
2. How would you like us to submit our updates? Keep them in one post and edit the post when we have more to tell, or can we make a separate update post altogether?

1. Yes, they are allowed
2. I would like you to submit them however it makes you feel comfortable

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
Here is my Update, and I added all of the Pokemon's roles since I forgot to last time

Badges: 2(Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge)

Team:
Spoiler:

Encounters:
Spoiler:

Evolutions:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 16, 2018
This is interesting. Like a Typelocke mixed with random special conditions. I might try it in the future. I'd totally like to see one played.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021

Also, here is my update:

Badges: 1(Boulder Badge)
Team:
Spoiler:

Encounters:
Spoiler:

Thank you :) I've also started my run and here's my progress:
Spoiler:

I forgot to ask :), if I'm going to get Rotom in the Old Chateau and i encountered another pokemon on the Chataeu, can i still get him?

Attachments

• jr.jpg
    jr.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
Years
Random Tsunami Red

Alright, I've been freed from work and that means it's Pokémon Challenge time. I'm gonna be playing a randomised version of FireRed, so this playthrough could either go brilliantly or terribly. Probably terribly with my track record.

I'm also adding in a duplicate clause. Hopefully I shouldn't have to deal with multiple encounters of the same pokémon/evolution branch with the game being randomised, but it's always good to be prepared.

Player Name: Zośka.
FRLG_Leaf_Intro.png

The pokémon I can chose from are:
Starmie.
121.png
Minun.
312.png
Grovyle.
253.png

The pokémon I choose:
grovyle.gif

Exyst the Grovyle
The Lone Wanderer
Male|Lax|Overgrow|Lv. 5
Pound
Leer
Absorb
Quick Attack

Spoiler: Activity Update

The tsunami's waves subside~

Route 1
Ah, my first few steps into the first route, and what do I encounter right off the bat?
swampert.gif

Yep, that's right. A Swampert. I catch him and name him 'Steinbruck'. He's a Lucky Survivor, too. What a chap. Something tells me I should enjoy this luck while I still have it.

Route 22
Hahaa, this playthrough is going to be ridiculous. I enter route 22 and have a brief encounter with a Regice. I'm very glad this pokémon's type doesn't survive my apocalypse because the only move Regice knows at level 3 is Explosion. I run away and try again, this time finding a pokémon I can catch.
slakoth.gif

A Slakoth. Of course. I catch him and name him 'Churchill'. Oh boy, and he's a Sickly Survivor as well. Steinbruck, where'd your luck go?

Route 2
I was super excited because the first pokémon I encountered was a Pikachu, but then I remembered electric types somehow didn't survive a mega wave of destruction. Sad. Instead, I'm destined to catch this lil' birdie.
murkrow.gif

I name him 'Binoche'. He's a good ol' Fearful Survivor, oh boy.

Viridian Forest
Heh...heheheh...oh god.
lugia.gif

It's a flying type...and the first encounter... I don't have the poké balls for this. And it turns out the poké ball issue doesn't even matter as it whirlwinds me away.

Spoiler: Current Party

grovyle.gif

Exyst the Grovyle
The Lone Wanderer
Male|Lax|Overgrow|Lv. 9
Pound
Leer
Absorb
Quick Attack

swampert.gif

Steinbruck the Swampert
The Lucky Survivor
Male|Lonely|Torrent|Lv. 9
Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

murkrow.gif

Binoche the Murkrow
The Fearful Survivor
Male|Mild|Insomnia|Lv.9
Peck
Astonish

Spoiler: Badges

None yet.

Spoiler: Pokémon in PC

None yet

Spoiler: Deaths

287.png
killed by a wild Torkoal

Leaf_FRLG_Credits.png
grovyle.png
swampert.png
murkrow.png

To be continued...​

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
Thank you :) I've also started my run and here's my progress:
Spoiler:

I forgot to ask :), if I'm going to get Rotom in the Old Chateau and i encountered another pokemon on the Chataeu, can i still get him?

If the Pokemon you encounter in the Old Chateau isn't one of the types for your apocalypes, you may skip that Pokemon and still be able to catch Rotom :3

Last edited:

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Yo!

Kinda new on the forum. This caught my eye and it really interests me so sign me up! :)

Username: metroid711
Ultimate Challenge: Nah
Game: Emerald, because its the game im best at.
Apocalypse: Blizzard

LEZ DO DIIIS

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
Yo!

Kinda new on the forum. This caught my eye and it really interests me so sign me up! :)

Username: metroid711
Ultimate Challenge: Nah
Game: Emerald, because its the game im best at.
Apocalypse: Blizzard

LEZ DO DIIIS

Also, welcom to the forums! :3

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Yo!
Random Emerald Blizzard
Just started my run. It is randomized though so expect surprising results;)

Here is my progress so far:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back