• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Gray Topaz - Version 2 Ready!

Guest123123

Re: "• A high difficulty against important trainers! Can't sweep with your starter in this one, kids."

I successfully swept the game with my starter, including postgame rematches with Gym Leaders :D

Years
Every time i play this awesome game when i sometimes battle a wild pokemon or have a battle with a trainer it sometimes has a pop up saying theres something wrong with the game tHen it will turn off the game. is there a update that i can download so i dont have I dont have to deal with this

Last edited:

shinymissingno

??? Pokemon
Years
Is it possible to get starters with hidden abilities, or no? Just so I know whether or not I ought to waste time by resetting over and over to get something what might not even exist.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2022
Beat the game!
https://imgur.com/xEj8vtK
That champion battle was one of the hardest battles I've ever had. Idk if those were EV trained mons (or just me being dumb and having my mons Lv55 - 59), but holy crap that Mamoswine swept my team like 3 times with varying strategies. In the end I had to rely on my Staraptor to lower its attack with intimidate and switch between him and my Lapras to get Mamoswine to use Superpower and lower its own attack and defense. God knows my team is mostly specially defensive, and the mons that could do damage to it were all weak to either ice, ground or fighting xD Hecc even Gardevoir which gets neutral damage couldn't do anything against STAB earthquake. Well played, really :P
This was a great game, albeit with that problem where screen goes pitch black and you need to restart the game. However, it had zero lag even on Mac which Idk how you (devs) managed :P I think I'll even play post-game, something I only do with games I really enjoyed haha

Past Edits:

Now I got the shards from the diving pond in Khione, but the move tutors don't seem to recognize them.
They say "If you want me to teach a move, bring me xx shard" when they're all in my bag... fml

So far crossing the desert and loving this game :) The guide is helpful but not necessary, and the playthrough is pretty challenging. Every time I challenge a gym leader, I'm like 4 levels below their highest level pokemon. I think I'll complete the whole game since I'm happy I got a shiny ralts (when I least expected it, too). Can I also add that I love the sprites? Great job, in other words :P

Can anyone help me? My game is now pitch black except for characters and water tiles :( https://imgur.com/G5cLcxH
It was working until I changed my party at a pokemon center (which inside is fine)
Edit: Nvm, shut the game down and woke it up to see, and now it works :P Guess turning it off and back on again does work sometimes!

Last edited:

shinymissingno

??? Pokemon
Years
Started playing this again the other day - one of my favorite nonbinary player-characters I've seen~

I get this occasional bug where after exiting battle sometimes the map tiles don't load. Just trainers and running-through-grass effects, in an endless void with invisible barriers everywhere (collision detection still works I'm just basically blind). Only fix I've found is to save, then find a building and enter, then exit; it makes the game crash (it'll yell about a 'critical error') and everything's fine after reloading.

That said - having fun so far. Even had a bit of luck and ran into a shiny caterpie~! Gonna add her to my team and see how long she holds her own before I have to swap her out. Also managed to get a Metronome off a Krickitot I caught, so I'm liking my luck in this file. A shame it doesn't seem to be worked on anymore, but at least it seems to be complete.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 5, 2018
Hey all! In an attempt to get back into Pokemon, I've begun Twitch streaming my run through of this game! (Fourth attempt now :0 ) Check me out on Twitch under the same username!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 5, 2018
Heading back in! We're in Hephaestus right now with six happy friends ready to take on this next big challenge! Check us out on Twitch @ Turgsdur

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 22, 2023
My starter doesn't appear to have a sprite in battle. I don't remember this happening the last time I tried to play this. Is this a bug or a feature? >_>

Also, the first battle basically cant be won as Piplup.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 30, 2018
Hey, I've just downloaded this game, i'm at the first gym and i personally think is great, i just want to know one thing, where is the earliest dragon or ice type, i like having one or the other (or maybe even both) on my team to keep things rounded out, but I have know idea where to find them. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 19, 2018
Hello guys,

I think i used my enigma berry before to read this guide...

Do you know if we can find another in the game or buy it? :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Can you set up a Google Drive download, Rosile? My antivirus browser extensions don't like NZ and 4Shared. FileFactory is a legitimate piece of shit.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 2, 2023
Well, game crashed when i encountered a shiny illumise. thats fun. does it just not like shinies or something?

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2023
Awesome game, been enjoying it a lot. Does anybody know if the shiny ratio is increased in here? I don't know how happy to be about this shiny Togepi.

Back