Pokémon General The home for theories, clubs, polls, and other discussions involving the Pokémon franchise that aren't covered in any of the other boards.

Old May 22nd, 2016 (7:04 AM).
(≧∇≦)/

Nature: Timid
Hey friends, welcome to the club! Very happy seeing more fans. o/

I think Pikachu and the Mareep line were what truly got me to love electric types.. Mareep was so useful against Falkner, especially since I usually chose Chikorita as my starter lol. It evolved pretty early on too plus Ampharos could learn Fire Punch from what I remember, so that was massively helpful. It's part of why I love replaying gen II so much. <3

pair family mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
sheep x bobandbill 5ever
Old May 22nd, 2016 (8:56 AM).
❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
I think Pikachu and the Mareep line were what truly got me to love electric types.. Mareep was so useful against Falkner, especially since I usually chose Chikorita as my starter lol. It evolved pretty early on too plus Ampharos could learn Fire Punch from what I remember, so that was massively helpful. It's part of why I love replaying gen II so much. <3
Well, I can put my liking for Electric Types in a single word - Pikachu. I also have other favs, but Pikachu has & will always remain my most fav Pokemon. I can't describe why, but for some reason I really like the little yellow mouse. I think though that I'm a bit too obsessed with him :P. An Emblem from PC for my obsession, is enough proof (And I just humblebragged {XD}).

Quote:
Its really heartening to see so many people joining in, I mean we have like 14 members so far {:3}.

I think its time to change the topic of discussion. So let's have a new discussion, shall we :).

Okay, there were only 3 new Electric Types introduced in Gen VI (Helioptile, Heliolisk & Dedenne) & none of them pure Electric Types. What are you expecting from Gen VII, will there be any pure Electric Types or will there be new Electric Type combinations?

Current Discussion - Would you like to see a pure Electric Type in Gen VII or would you like to see a new/old Electric Type Combination (if so, what)?

Pika Pika :chu:
Old May 23rd, 2016 (12:20 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Name: Feel free to call me either Clover or Annie, or any variants of these!

Favourite Electric Type Pokemon(s):
A tough choice! Of course, there's Shinx and his family, Helioptile, Mareep family (namely Ampharos), Pachirisu, Blitzle, Zebstrika, Emolga, Joltik, Galvantula, Pikachu, Raichu, Lanturn, Heliolisk, Jolteon, Zapdos... am I going too far? xD

Favourite Electric Type Move(s): I like Discharge for being a room-sweeping move in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I really love the punching/fang moves, so Thunder Punch and Thunder Fang are definite faves. Nuzzle is neat - a cool upgrade to Thunder Wave (too bad only a few Pokemon learn it!); Parabolic Charge, Spark, Shock Wave and Thunderbolt are fun to use, and moves like Volt Tackle or Wild Charge just look cool. :D

Why do you like Electric Type Pokemon?: Most of their designs are super appealing to me, ranging from totally cute to plain awesome! Not only that, but I think I enjoy using the elemental types the most and, as previously stated, Electric-type moves are really fun to use! Plus, they only have one weakness. :)

Your Electric Type Tag Partner: Shinx! :3

Your Tag Partner's Nickname: Felix, my Shinx's name in Explorers of Sky!

Current Discussion - Would you like to see a pure Electric Type in Gen VII or would you like to see a new/old Electric Type Combination (if so, what)?

I'm fine with it either way, to be honest. While electric dual-types typically have more weaknesses to cover, they are granted a larger movepool, which is a plus for me! As for an Electric-type combination, I'd have to say another Electric/Flying Pokemon would be cool. Or maybe an Electric/Fighting combo? :)
Old May 23rd, 2016 (8:21 AM).
❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post
Name: Feel free to call me either Clover or Annie, or any variants of these!

Favourite Electric Type Pokemon(s):
A tough choice! Of course, there's Shinx and his family, Helioptile, Mareep family (namely Ampharos), Pachirisu, Blitzle, Zebstrika, Emolga, Joltik, Galvantula, Pikachu, Raichu, Lanturn, Heliolisk, Jolteon, Zapdos... am I going too far? xD

Favourite Electric Type Move(s): I like Discharge for being a room-sweeping move in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I really love the punching/fang moves, so Thunder Punch and Thunder Fang are definite faves. Nuzzle is neat - a cool upgrade to Thunder Wave (too bad only a few Pokemon learn it!); Parabolic Charge, Spark, Shock Wave and Thunderbolt are fun to use, and moves like Volt Tackle or Wild Charge just look cool. :D

Why do you like Electric Type Pokemon?: Most of their designs are super appealing to me, ranging from totally cute to plain awesome! Not only that, but I think I enjoy using the elemental types the most and, as previously stated, Electric-type moves are really fun to use! Plus, they only have one weakness. :)

Your Electric Type Tag Partner: Shinx! :3

Your Tag Partner's Nickname: Felix, my Shinx's name in Explorers of Sky!

I'm fine with it either way, to be honest. While electric dual-types typically have more weaknesses to cover, they are granted a larger movepool, which is a plus for me! As for an Electric-type combination, I'd have to say another Electric/Flying Pokemon would be cool. Or maybe an Electric/Fighting combo? :)
Hey Annie (aka Clover) a very warm welcome to the Club.

Electric/Fighting would make a good combo imo :). It could be maybe based on a Kangaroo. A Kangaroo who can Jump Kick & Thunderpunch, sounds quite cool huh {XD}.

Old May 23rd, 2016 (11:01 AM).
KID BUU PAWAA

Nature: Adamant
    I'd like another pure Electric as long as it brings something new to the table in terms of battling. Hopefully no more pikaclones.
    Old May 24th, 2016 (8:35 AM).
    ❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KorpiklaaniVodka View Post
    I'd like another pure Electric as long as it brings something new to the table in terms of battling. Hopefully no more pikaclones.
    Ya a Pure Electric Type with Levitate, would be awesome.

A Pikaclone is almost inevitable, I mean we've had one every Generation & I like them :P. This time though I hope if we do have one, it gets an Evolution :).

Old May 24th, 2016 (4:54 PM).
    The typo Queen

Nature: Calm
    Quote:

I think Ampharos' design help a lot too! We have to say, this thing is looking so good hehe. One of the best looking for me!
    I find it strange for the dual type of Mega Ampharos. I wonder if that's a reason why we don't heard of it much (or is it only me?)

I haven't bred since a long time but my next project is an Ampharos <3
    Old May 24th, 2016 (10:17 PM).

First of all hello to all new Club Members - Aslan, Lycanthropy, Spoonette, KorpiklaaniVodka, rikaadventure, DragonGuru & Clover.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by LegendChu View Post

A Pikaclone is almost inevitable, I mean we've had one every Generation & I like them . This time though I hope if we do have one, it gets an Evolution .

I for one am a big fan of all the Pikaclones, so I'd surely want to see another one & if it gets an Evolution, make that a two-stage Evolution, it'd be great.

As for a Type Combination, I'd love to see a new one which hasn't been tried before, something like Electric/Psychic or Electric/Dark maybe.
      Old May 25th, 2016 (8:18 AM).
      ❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mawa View Post
      I think Ampharos' design help a lot too! We have to say, this thing is looking so good hehe. One of the best looking for me!
      I find it strange for the dual type of Mega Ampharos. I wonder if that's a reason why we don't heard of it much (or is it only me?)

I haven't bred since a long time but my next project is an Ampharos <3
      Not only good looking, Ampharos is quite good in battle as well. And hey good luck with that breeding project ;).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by NinjaQueen View Post
      First of all hello to all new Club Members - Aslan, Lycanthropy, Spoonette, KorpiklaaniVodka, rikaadventure, DragonGuru & Clover.

I for one am a big fan of all the Pikaclones, so I'd surely want to see another one & if it gets an Evolution, make that a two-stage Evolution, it'd be great.

As for a Type Combination, I'd love to see a new one which hasn't been tried before, something like Electric/Psychic or Electric/Dark maybe.
      I'd also like to see a three-stage Pikaclone, if we do have one. And ya, I think Electric/Psychic or Electric/Dark would make an interesting combo {:3}.

Old May 25th, 2016 (3:41 PM).
      The typo Queen

Quote:

Hum Hum, I agree with this!
      I vote for combo, because... well, I always preferred the combos. Even if Electric is a pretty good type alone! (only ground is supereffective).
      I gladly accept any new combos when haven't seen before!

I really like the types grass, ice and fighting, and my favorite is Ground. So of course I would love to see each of these type combine with electric!

Quote:

There's already Eelektross ;)
      Old May 25th, 2016 (11:50 PM).
      I'm A Dragon Trainer

My three favourite types are Dragon, Electric & Psychic, so I'd surely like to see a Type combination of Electric with either Dragon or Psychic Type.
        Old May 25th, 2016 (11:53 PM).

I have high hopes for the next generation of Pokemon and I doubt Game Freak will disappoint us, especially when it comes to Electric-types! ;)

A Pikaclone is inevitable I reckon, which is fine by me! They've all been cutie-pies so far, but it'd be really cool if the next one had a three-stage evolutionary line, with the last in the family being bad-ass! Maybe some sort of sleek, awesome-looking Electric/Fighting dual type! :D

I think we can safely say that it'll be based off of a rodent. As a new topic: What species of rodent would you like the next Pikaclone to be?
        Old May 26th, 2016 (2:01 AM).
        KID BUU PAWAA

Nature: Adamant
          Quote:

There's already Eelektross ;)
          Eelektross is way too slow though...
          Old May 26th, 2016 (2:31 AM).
          Owl + Bear =
          Owlbear

Location: That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
          Nature: Quirky
          Quote:
          A Pikaclone is inevitable I reckon, which is fine by me! They've all been cutie-pies so far, but it'd be really cool if the next one had a three-stage evolutionary line, with the last in the family being bad-ass! Maybe some sort of sleek, awesome-looking Electric/Fighting dual type! :D

I think we can safely say that it'll be based off of a rodent. As a new topic: What species of rodent would you like the next Pikaclone to be?
          I say either a hamster or a guinea pig (or even a hamster that evolves into a guinea pig, possibly with a capybara as third stage 8) ).

Alternatively an opossum would be awesome to see too!
          Old May 26th, 2016 (3:43 AM).
          ❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤

Quote:
          There's already Eelektross
          I actually wanted to say an Electric Type with Levitate, like Eelektross {XD}, my bad :P

Quote:
          Originally Posted by KorpiklaaniVodka View Post
          Eelektross is way too slow though...
          This I have to agree with. But then a speedy Electric Type, with Levitate, would almost be unbeatable (especially if none of your Pokemon have Mold Breaker), so I doubt if we're gonna have that .

Quote:
          Originally Posted by DragonGuru View Post
          My three favourite types are Dragon, Electric & Psychic, so I'd surely like to see a Type combination of Electric with either Dragon or Psychic Type.
          I think an Electric/Dragon Type would be great, but I'd love it if its a non-Legendary (unlike Zekrom), with at least one Evolution.

Quote:
          I have high hopes for the next generation of Pokemon and I doubt Game Freak will disappoint us, especially when it comes to Electric-types!
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lycanthropy View Post
          I say either a hamster or a guinea pig (or even a hamster that evolves into a guinea pig, possibly with a capybara as third stage 8) ).
          I think I can combine both the current discussion topics for this. What say if the Pikaclone is an Electric/Poison Type Porcupine, something that can roll up & shoot quills that can either Paralyze or Poison & it can have either the Static or Poison Point Ability, that'd be really cool huh {:3}.

Current Discussion(s):-
          #1 Would you like to see a pure Electric Type in Gen VII or would you like to see a new/old Electric Type Combination (if so, what)? (I still kept this one on, coz I think more people would like to comment on it ;))
          #2 What species of rodent would you like the next Pikaclone to be?

Old May 26th, 2016 (4:38 AM).

Name: Sheepy! Also known as Janelle, IRL.
            Favourite Electric Type Pokemon: Mareep, Flaaffy and Ampharos. <3 I like them because in the first Gold game, I had them on my team every time when I was reeeeally young and chugging along at getting my gym badges and whatnot.
            Favourite Electric Type Move: I believe my favorite move of Electrical types must be Volt Switch because it is safe for you to get in and out while dealing damage to the opponent!
            Why do you like Electric Type Pokemon: They're quite decent in stats, but they are able to KO Flying, Water, and other types.
            Your Electric Type Tag Partner: Mareep!
            Your Tag Partner's Nickname: No Nickanme. Just a simple Mareep.
            Old May 26th, 2016 (5:14 AM).
            ❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤

Quote:
            Originally Posted by XxSheepyxX View Post
            Name: Sheepy! Also known as Janelle, IRL.
            Favourite Electric Type Pokemon: Mareep, Flaaffy and Ampharos. <3 I like them because in the first Gold game, I had them on my team every time when I was reeeeally young and chugging along at getting my gym badges and whatnot.
            Favourite Electric Type Move: I believe my favorite move of Electrical types must be Volt Switch because it is safe for you to get in and out while dealing damage to the opponent!
            Why do you like Electric Type Pokemon: They're quite decent in stats, but they are able to KO Flying, Water, and other types.
            Your Electric Type Tag Partner: Mareep!
            Your Tag Partner's Nickname: No Nickanme. Just a simple Mareep.
            Hey Janelle (aka XxSheepyxX), a very warm welcome to the Club. And you become yet another Member to choose Mareep as a Tag Partner. Is Mareep famous or what :P.
            And that's a very interesting choice for a fav Electric Type move. Volt Switch is a handy move to have on Electric Pokemon with weak defenses.

#1 Would you like to see a pure Electric Type in Gen VII or would you like to see a new/old Electric Type Combination (if so, what)?

Old May 26th, 2016 (5:26 AM).

I think that an Electric Dragon type would be suuuuper epic. The Dragon types are very few compared to the other more common types. I feel like a flying dragon with lighting rods on it's back and a suuuper cool design based on Shadow of the Colossus water-type electric thingamajig would be epic. >u<

Or a ghost electric! *~*

And the Pikaclone... Hmm.. I am totally unsure. I don't understand the term, ahah. xD
              Old May 26th, 2016 (9:01 AM).
              ❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤

Quote:
              I think that an Electric Dragon type would be suuuuper epic. The Dragon types are very few compared to the other more common types. I feel like a flying dragon with lighting rods on it's back and a suuuper cool design based on Shadow of the Colossus water-type electric thingamajig would be epic. >u<
              Or a ghost electric! *~*
              That description really makes me want an Electric/Dragon Type even more, its gonna be super awesome to have something like that {:3}.

Quote:
              And the Pikaclone... Hmm.. I am totally unsure. I don't understand the term, ahah. xD
              Pikaclone refers to the cute Pikachu lookalikes introduced in every season - Marill (yes Marill is considered the Pikaclone of Gen II), Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne.

#1 Would you like to see a pure Electric Type in Gen VII or would you like to see a new/old Electric Type Combination (if so, what)?

Old May 26th, 2016 (4:00 PM).
              The typo Queen

Quote:

This I have to agree with. But then a speedy Electric Type, with Levitate, would almost be unbeatable (especially if none of your Pokemon have Mold Breaker), so I doubt if we're gonna have that .
              Huh, well it can have a bad moveset XD Or like weak stats, weak defense and special defense, or something like that.

What species of rodent would you like the next Pikaclone to be?

I never thought of a porcupine before, but I love this idea!

And I would like to see a Degus :k Or you know, something that can look between a mix of Degu and Kangaroo, or maybe a Degu that evolve in a Kangaroo! (I say this because of the way the bag legs are)
              Old May 26th, 2016 (11:16 PM).

Quote:
                I think I can combine both the current discussion topics for this. What say if the Pikaclone is an Electric/Poison Type Porcupine, something that can roll up & shoot quills that can either Paralyze or Poison & it can have either the Static or Poison Point Ability, that'd be really cool huh {:3}.
                Quote:
                I didn't know that Porcupine was a rodent :P. But I have to agree with Mawa, this is actually a very good idea (although the Type combination would open up a x4 weakness to Ground).
                Old May 27th, 2016 (12:31 AM).

Nature: Impish
                A Gen 7 Pikaclone is a must! I'm liking the Porcupine idea! I'd also like to see more dual typings, especially with Bug!
                Old May 27th, 2016 (3:29 AM).
                ❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤

Quote:
                Quote:
                I didn't know that Porcupine was a rodent . But I have to agree with Mawa, this is actually a very good idea (although the Type combination would open up a x4 weakness to Ground).
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Spoonette View Post
                A Gen 7 Pikaclone is a must! I'm liking the Porcupine idea!
                Wow this Porcupine thingy seems to have gotten really popular huh {:3}.

Game Freak, yoohoo, are you listening guys, can we have a Pikaclone based on a Porcupine please ^^.

Old May 27th, 2016 (3:36 AM).

Porcupines... I ran into one while at my aunt's house out in the country and me and my friend ran away. We were young then and we didn't know what the **** it was because it was close to the ground and had spikes all over it. Thank god we didn't touch it. xD That would have been bad.
                  Old May 27th, 2016 (5:25 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lycanthropy View Post

Haha, I like the idea of a guinea pig evolving into a capybara! And YESSS, I really want to see an opossum Pokemon as well! Having looked it up, these two really caught my eye. ^^ They may not be Electric-types, but its their design in general that I like.

Quote:
                  What say if the Pikaclone is an Electric/Poison Type Porcupine, something that can roll up & shoot quills that can either Paralyze or Poison & it can have either the Static or Poison Point Ability, that'd be really cool huh {:3}.
                  Oooh, that sounds wicked! It could have a signature move—something like Pin Missile, only Electric-type. :D Maybe it gains the Ground-type upon evolving, if it evolves at all? I mean, porcupines generally live in burrows, right? It might be fitting. :>

Quote:
                  Porcupines... I ran into one while at my aunt's house out in the country and me and my friend ran away. We were young then and we didn't know what the **** it was because it was close to the ground and had spikes all over it. Thank god we didn't touch it. xD That would have been bad.
                  Wow. xD Knowing me, I would have had my hands all over that thing. I'd probably even take it to the house and ask if I could keep it, hahaha.

What species of rodent would you like the next Pikaclone to be?

As for me, I think I'd like to see a kangaroo rat Pikaclone! It'd have high speed, as well as the suitable ability Cheek Pouch. :D Oh, plus it could evolve into a kangaroo-esque Pokemon that's an Electric/Fighting dual type! ^^

Quick Reply