• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite Starter Overall?

Years
If we're just talking the first stage starter Pokemon, then Treecko is my favorite, hands down. It's one of the few Grass Pokmeon I actually liked to use prior to Gen 6, and 12 year old me thought it was the coolest looking Pokemon, so I always picked it. Sceptile and Mega Sceptile are pretty great, and have probably worked their way back into my top spot for favorite final evolution as well, but the Water/Steel combo of Empoleon is pretty great, and the Piplup line went from 'meh' to one of the best because of it.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
Favorite unevolved starter is Cyndaquil. Whenever I re-play gen II I don't evolve my starter and just kick butt with a Cyndaquil the entire time.
Spr_4d_155.png

Favorite final evolution is Blastoise. Squirtle was my FIRST starter when I played Blue.
Spr_3f_009.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Cyndaquil and Typhlosion

I also really like Quilava.

Honorable mentions include Treecko?s line and Snivy.

TY

Typhlosion takes the #1 spot for me, I adore that pokemon so much out of all the starters

#2 would be Sceptile/Grovyle and #3 is Torterra

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Oh who am I kidding, ofcourse it's Charmander. First Pokemon ever, second favorite (just below Mewtwo)

My love for Charizard is unbreakable. It's just amazing man. B e s t starter imo, IDGASF to the hate it gets and people saying it's overrated is I guess, true, but don't ever insult my precious Charizard.

Years
My first starter was Chespie the Chespin (now a Chesnaught) in X. So I?m sort of biased towards him, as anyone would be towards their first. My favorite, however, has to be Treecko. The whole evolution line is just great. Honorable mention to Rowlet though.

All starter lines from best to worst IMO would be:
Spoiler:

Claire Lilly

~Professional Vulpix Breeder/Trainer~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
My very first starter and pokemon was Turtwig in 'Diamond'. It will always have a special place in my heart. I still remember the moments, in which it evolved. I was so surprised and exited.
The best one in my eyes is definitely Snivy. It's so cute and it's last evolution Serperior is sooo gorgeous!!! But I also totally like the Kanto starters, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and it's evolutions, they are my favorite starter trio!

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Charmander and it's evolutions will always be my favorite. It was the first Pokémon I ever had and I still really enjoy using it. Totodile is my favorite Water-type starter (Feraligatr is a beast) and Treecko is my favorite Grass-type starter.

Years
Torchic! It's super cute and eveloves into my favourite starter final form: Blaziken! I've played Pokémon since Gen 1 but I never really would have named a starter as a favourite of mine until Gen 3.

KommissarLT

KaiserGreed
Years
I started with Gen 4 (Platinum all the way back in Christmas 2009) and my first pick was Chimchar and its evolutions, so I'm sort of biased because of sentimental reasons. I'd say my favorite Fire type starter is the Chimchar line, my favorite Water type starter is either the Oshawott line or the Piplup line (Piplup is starting to grow on me) and my favorite grass starter is probably the Chikorita line (I like a decent challenge), overall it's still definitely the Chimchar line.

Years
Favorite starter to use in the games? Probably Totodile's line since it has such an amazing movepool, and is especially great in HGSS. Favorite starter based on design and personality? Chespin since I fell in love with his mischievous attitude in the anime....but lots of love to Fennekin, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Chikorita too. <3

When it comes to final evolutions, definitely Serperior followed closely by Primarina!

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Squirtle. I love Mudkip, too, but Squirtle was first for me. I, overall, love the evolution set it has as well, the most.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2019
Charizard! It's my favourite pokemon ever. I really like all three Kanto starters though!

Years
Charmander and Charizard. And the original 3 starters are all my faves :D.

I think Gen 7 has the second best starters so far, even though I've never used them since I've ended up skipping Gen 6, 7 and Let's Go xD

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Basic: Oshawott. I like Chikorita, my very first Starter, but its head starts looking awkward if I stare at it too long.

Stage 1: Wartortle hands down. I absolutely adore its design (it's my #1 favorite aesthetic Pok?mon).

Stage 2: I'm leaning toward Meganium, my first fully-evolved Starter.

Mega: Mega Charizard X

Overall: Probably Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium for nostalgia.

Years
Squirtle is the total package for me. I love every evolution. I also really like the Piplup line as well. Empoleon is a very reliable starter

Years
Tough decision here. Going to have to split them up in evolved and unevolved:

722.png
501.png
653.png

Just LOOK at them. Chikorita gets an honourable mention too... but nothing beats Rowlet. Also: Cyndaquil, but Fennekin... words can not describe how much I love it.

497.png
395.png
654.png

Had a hard time deciding on a favourite Fire type here because as it turns out, I don't actually like any of them that much. Phlosion's the coolest fully evolved form, but Braixen does win it for me.

Back