• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
If you're using VBA why not use VBA's built-in video recorder? It's always been a-okay for me!

It doesn't always work though, especially if you're using Wine. And since the non-Windows version of VBA lacks video recording (and a significant number of debugging tools) Wine is the only way of getting some of those features on other systems. Not to mention that the built-in video recorder often suffers from audio lag.

Ririchio-san

LoVe yOur EneMIeS. IT mAkES tHem So dAMneD mAd '.'
Years
I'm really sorry if this has already been answered. It's really hard to find the right answer to my question because of the huge save problem with pokemon fire red.
I'm playing pokemon emerald on the vba emulator. (I'm not too familiar with the specific words for some technical things so I'll just describe it as best as I can).
I save just normally just like you would save on an actual gameboy. And I've had no problem with that. But I've saved a few times using the drop down menu and pressing "save game".
I've never loaded it before. I just saved it a few times and I get paranoid that something might have to the save file just in the game. (I'm paranoid because I used to play fire red on rom...)
And then one day, I pressed F6 by accident while I was trying to lower the volume. And it loaded the save that I saved through "save game". I turned the emulator off, then on, but it was still that F6 file! I can open other save files like F1, F2, etc. But I can't get back to the save file that is just in the game! I tried loading all the save files like F1, F2, etc but none of them had the normal save file saved onto it..
And the latest save file that I have is a few badges ago and what really pisses me off was that I JUST caught the three legendary pokemons and I just went through victory road to go to the pokemon league...
Sorry for the long post but do you know any way to get that save file back?
I tried clicking import and click on the pokemon emerald battery file but it popped up that loading a snapshot file will erase everything. I'm not sure if it IS a snapshot file or... it's just warning me.
Please help me T-T

+I grabbed up the courage to import battery file and it only brought me to that other save that was several badges before.

Im sorry wish i could help , but you have no choice but to play from there and i also have the same problem, im currently playing black and due the autosave feature the whole game started again. Sorry :(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Im sorry wish i could help , but you have no choice but to play from there and i also have the same problem, im currently playing black and due the autosave feature the whole game started again. Sorry :(

Just click file on the vba menu and than click reset. It should load the save that you made in game with the menu.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
thanks for the advice but i already tried that and it didn't work ( oh by the way , i'm not playing in VBA i'm playing in nds4droid. :) )

Oh, sorry then. :/
It works in vba.

Each time you save it makes a save file on your computer. Have you tried deleting the save file you don't want?

Ririchio-san

LoVe yOur EneMIeS. IT mAkES tHem So dAMneD mAd '.'
Years
Oh, sorry then. :/
It works in vba.

Each time you save it makes a save file on your computer. Have you tried deleting the save file you don't want?

Actually nds4droid is for android and i'm playing black in an android.

nah, it didn't work , i'm able to find my file but i'm not able to open it ( i've tried opening it by nds4droid and by directly clicking on the save file, i failed both the times :( ).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
It is certainly possible.

It would be very kind if you cam explain the steps in details. I am trying to trade my Haunter in Heart Gold with my Kadabra in Soul Silver. I have DeSmuMe 0.9.7. Is anything else required?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 7, 2014
Drastic!! Help!!

Every time I install Drastic emu, it always says "App Not Installed"
I had Drastic before but I already uninstalled it a long time ago.
I already tried downloading every version, for rooted or non-rooted.
I even factory data reset my phone. My phone is capable of running Drastic.
But I don't know the reason why it's always "App Not Installed".

Help! I want to play Pokemon Platinum so badly!! X.x

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
Speed toggle for NDS emulator?

Hi so i've been playing pretty much every pokemon hack rom on VBA the past years and had a blast, but only because I could toggle the speed with spacebar(which is perfectly smooth at 400%). I tried searching for the same thing to do in a DS emulator such as NO$GBA or DeSmuME but found nothing, just a bunch of 5 year old guides which speed up very little or make the game unplayable by skipping frames via settings.

I need a speed toggle like on VBA, any ideas if this is possible?

Thanks!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi so i've been playing pretty much every pokemon hack rom on VBA the past years and had a blast, but only because I could toggle the speed with spacebar(which is perfectly smooth at 400%). I tried searching for the same thing to do in a DS emulator such as NO$GBA or DeSmuME but found nothing, just a bunch of 5 year old guides which speed up very little or make the game unplayable by skipping frames via settings.

I need a speed toggle like on VBA, any ideas if this is possible?

Thanks!
Plus button on No$, Tab button on DeS.
Obviously, you won't get 400% anyhow.
It's a DS emulation, it's much more harder.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2014
Nintendo 3ds emulator/rom questions.

Hey everyone, I was wondering is there a Nintendo 3DS emulator that I can download and play Pokemon Y in. I tried searching for one but they all ended up to be scams and stupid survey downloads. If there is no Nintendo 3DS emulator, is it possible to play Pokemon Y on a regular DS emulator? I don't really care about all the 3D and everything, I just want to play Pokemon Y.

Thank you in advance for any help. :)

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Hey everyone, I was wondering is there a Nintendo 3DS emulator that I can download and play Pokemon Y in. I tried searching for one but they all ended up to be scams and stupid survey downloads. If there is no Nintendo 3DS emulator, is it possible to play Pokemon Y on a regular DS emulator? I don't really care about all the 3D and everything, I just want to play Pokemon Y.

Thank you in advance for any help. :)
Nope there's no up and running 3DS Emulator yet and no you can't play X&Y on a regular DS emulator. Trust me I've tried it didn't work ;)

Years
It doesn't always work though, especially if you're using Wine. And since the non-Windows version of VBA lacks video recording (and a significant number of debugging tools) Wine is the only way of getting some of those features on other systems. Not to mention that the built-in video recorder often suffers from audio lag.

Isn't VBA-M compatible with Mac and Linux?

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Isn't VBA-M compatible with Mac and Linux?

Ish, you can emulate the GBA just fine but they never ported the 'Tools' menu over to Mac and Linux so depending on how useful that is while you work you'll either have to live without or use Wine. I happen to use just about everything on that menu so I usually run it through Wine which isn't too big of a deal for me since it runs pretty much perfect, minus the audio coming through my subwoofer for some reason.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 23, 2014
the .ips file has to have the same name as the rom it is a hack of and they must be in the same folder
i think that solves your problem

hey i'm new here....
hmmm can you explain further please, i tried changing the name but it still doesnt work

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2014
Nope there's no up and running 3DS Emulator yet and no you can't play X&Y on a regular DS emulator. Trust me I've tried it didn't work ;)

Think someone will make one soon or it'll take a while to make cause of the 3D? I also heard that its not possible to make a 3DS emulator, is that true? :o

Back