• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Romhacks with limited Pokémon rosters or badmons?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Romhacks with limited Pok?mon rosters or badmons?

I'm looking for romhacks where you are forced to use badmons (a la Farfetch'd, Aipom, Luvdisc, etc) either because the roster is limited or because you only receive Pok?mon through gifts.
The purpose is to have a challenge and to force myself to use mons I would otherwise never touch.
I know about Poke's Bizzarre Adventure, but that's it.
Any suggestions?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 21, 2019
I'm looking for romhacks where you are forced to use badmons (a la Farfetch'd, Aipom, Luvdisc, etc) either because the roster is limited or because you only receive Pok�mon through gifts.
The purpose is to have a challenge and to force myself to use mons I would otherwise never touch.
I know about Poke's Bizzarre Adventure, but that's it.
Any suggestions?
Play Snakewood, your starters are Paras, Baltoy or Koffing.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
There's Emerald Trashlocke Edition which is basically Emerald without any good mons.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 20, 2019
You probably have already played it, but Im going to recommend Pokemon Reborn. It fuses a scarcity in wild pokemon with the rule of everyone goes crazy without the right badges. This along with the odd spacing of the badges thanks to story reasons will force you to constantly juggle pokemon to remain in control of the situation. Failure to do so will result in embaressing moments like having a lv 30 pokemon die to a lv 10 that they have a type advantage too.

Years
  • Seen today
You probably have already played it, but Im going to recommend Pokemon Reborn. It fuses a scarcity in wild pokemon with the rule of everyone goes crazy without the right badges. This along with the odd spacing of the badges thanks to story reasons will force you to constantly juggle pokemon to remain in control of the situation. Failure to do so will result in embaressing moments like having a lv 30 pokemon die to a lv 10 that they have a type advantage too.

ROM hacks... Not Fan Games.

Back