• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 31, 2013
I may be wrong as I have never mapped before but arent the cliffs on the top right the wrong way around?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
thanks, i forgot about that.

Not done much mapping today, but have been working on a mystery gift system. It works fine except i haven't inplimented specifing attacks yet

pokemonseablueversion

Pokemon Addict
Years
Nice game, so far.
My only advice is that you should take screenshots when it is daytime.
That way, the screen will look clear. ^_^
And, about your doors in the houses, it will be better if you download the door animations. I'll provide an attachment. But, credit Curt's Region Starter Kit for the door animations! :classic:

Good luck!

Last edited:

pokemonseablueversion

Pokemon Addict
Years
Teach me to work at night when i'm supposed to be in bed.

New versions of them (with bourndary trees to prevent seeing the black edges)

Pallet Town

Route 1

Well, there's something wrong with the stairs at the edge of the cliff. One block of it is hidden by the trees. You should move it on block to the left, or somewhere except the current position. ^.^
Just helping you out. :)

Teach me to work at night when i'm supposed to be in bed.

New versions of them (with bourndary trees to prevent seeing the black edges)

Pallet Town

Route 1

Pallet Town---
It's great!! An HGSS feel of Pallet Town from Kanto.

Route 01---
Well, there's something wrong with the stairs at the edge of the cliff. One block of it is hidden by the trees. You should move it on block to the left, or somewhere except the current position. ^.^ If you like it that way, disregard this post. ~^.^~

Just helping you out. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Actually, if you look at the original maps for route 1 on hg/ss then you'll see that the two stairs are covered slightly by the trees, which is why they are on mine. Just the slight differences in the posistioning on the tilesets means that they overlap more.

Viridian city is mapped but not evented yet.

The online event systems works, as the new screenshots in the first post show. Am thinking about doing an gts type thing, but not 100% on it.

Nice game, so far.
My only advice is that you should take screenshots when it is daytime.
That way, the screen will look clear. ^_^
And, about your doors in the houses, it will be better if you download the door animations. I'll provide an attachment. But, credit Curt's Region Starter Kit for the door animations!

I know i should do screenshots during the day, i just tend to work on it most in the evenings/at night

As for the animated doors, they are animated

pokemonseablueversion

Pokemon Addict
Years
Actually, if you look at the original maps for route 1 on hg/ss then you'll see that the two stairs are covered slightly by the trees, which is why they are on mine. Just the slight differences in the posistioning on the tilesets means that they overlap more.

Viridian city is mapped but not evented yet.

The online event systems works, as the new screenshots in the first post show. Am thinking about doing an gts type thing, but not 100% on it.

I know i should do screenshots during the day, i just tend to work on it most in the evenings/at night

As for the animated doors, they are animated

Alright. It's your game anyway. If you intend to work on it when it is night, you can just adjust your computer clock and after taking some shots, return it back to normal. Can't wait for the demo!!!! ^.^

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Thanks, i've updated a bit more on the Mystery Gift type system. The two screenshots in the first post reflect this. You may have to refresh to get them to change to the new versions. The delivery man can be found in any PokeCenter. The item the Pichu is carrying in the new screenshot is used later in the game once you beat it

pokemonseablueversion

Pokemon Addict
Years
Thanks, i've updated a bit more on the Mystery Gift type system. The two screenshots in the first post reflect this. You may have to refresh to get them to change to the new versions. The delivery man can be found in any PokeCenter. The item the Pichu is carrying in the new screenshot is used later in the game once you beat it

Wow! The updated screens look cool! Hope to see more from this game soon!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 31, 2013
If you want I can help with music. Here is a few samples on the few things I have been working on atm... Only if you want it though, I am sure there are many people here who are much better and practiced at this stuff than me.

mediafire (dot) com/?gskkxat3jh1i2f5

I would offer to help with scripting but I am still in the very early stages of learning. :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
You see the delivery man in the pokemon centers. If there's a new gift he gets it for you

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Yeah. It connects to a database on the Internet which has the pokemons info in it. It then downloads the info and creates from that

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Screenshots updated in first post, but here they are anyway.

Demo comming soon once i've got up to Pewter Gym done

SS:
Deliver_Parcel.png

Getting Oak's Parcel

no-entry.png

Can't leave yet

Also maps for Viridian City and Route 2 are available in the first post

Back