• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Free-for-all ideas

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Pokemon Dark Side(or some other name)

Hi, so i'm kinda new here, but i' m tryng to make my own pokemon game, even if I still don't have a name for it , so basicaly I would like to make a game witch is a little mor mature, like for example the rom hacks pokemon outlaw or cawps, but in the idea that you are a young girl or boy, who lives in a world of pokemon, but also a world of crime and corruption and you have the choice to become a criminal, knowing that if you mess around with them you might get in serious trouble, even if you are getting easy money ,items... or to stay on the good side, wich is more difficult, but aslo more rewarding in the end. Could you let me know what you think of the idea and/or how it would be better to do it? It would really help me out.

Years
Back in the day, I started a fan game with the 'original' Kyurem form. It didn't go too well, and I ended up scrapping it. The plot of the game revolved around someone attempting to merge Kyurem with Zekrom and Reshiram to obtain an 'undefeatable' Pok?mon.

I still have the sprites if anyone wants them.

Years
Pokemon Eclipse

So i'm new to this but, with my past research into different games , patterns and story lines, i'm looking to create this first huge pokemon game that includes 3maps, all 802 pokemon , day and night real time (including pokemon day and night appearances), mega's, etc. This is only but the just of what will be included, this might take a long time but i plan on working every single day on it. Note i will be using pokemon essentials and RPGXP maker. It is my very first project and for this i need ideas on a story line. and things you also want to see in this game. Should your idea be included in the game i will give credit to you. Remember i am creating this game from 0%, literally a new new game if i could put it that way. Feel free to speak your mind.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
Some time ago I posted the idea of having a Fairy Tail Rom hack. But maybe an RPG Maker XP with Pokemon Essentials would be more suitable for this.

Things to Catch
Spoiler:

etc...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 16, 2017
New game idea: Pok?vil

Fossil Pok?mon are a big love of mine as is palaeontology in the real world. What seems like eons ago there was a TV series here in the UK called Primeval (for those not aware I highly highly recommend it) the series revolved around temporal portals opening up across the country and prehistoric animals (and sometimes future animals) breaching into present day. Naturally not a lot of fun for any nearby humans. And so this brought about an idea, what if there was a Pok?mon version of this concept and this in turn sparked a thought, are Fossil Pok?mon only Rock types because of the method used in reviving them, so if prehistoric Pok?mon were to breach into the modern world their appearances and types would be slightly different. A Dragon/Flying Aerodactyl for example (at least that would explain why Lance has one) it could also be an avenue to bring in the original form of Genesect too.

Following the Primeval model the protagonist could also be a member of an agency that is studying similar temporal anomalies, said organisation could have time sensitive Pok?mon like Xatu and "living fossils" like Relicanth, Yanmega and Mamoswine at its disposal. I'm not sure if the concepy would work the same as a regular Pok?mon game, maybe more of a quest based RPG that would involve catching these living forms of Fossil Pok?mon selecting different teams from what the organisation has to offer. Of course throw in an evil organisation after world domination through these temporal portals too because you need baddies. More on that in a sec.

To stay true to the series I would, selfishly, suggest a region based on the UK. The Sterling Region perhaps? Too many tropical sunny regions. Give me luxurious overcast and rain. But on the topic of regions and please bear with me on this. I would have the evil team be from Holon. Now Delta Species was one of my favourite TCG sets and the concept has somewhat returned in the guise of Alolan forms so this is again a selfish decision but it would add a different element to the game. While there is the potential for Fakemon in terms of prehistoric and future Pok?mon, the living forms are already different in their own right. Whereas the TCG suggested Holon was a huge hub of scientists and it would add a greater backstory to the villainous organisation instead of just being the Mirror Universe version of the protagonist, giving them a layered history of perverting science and manipulating nature as well as new types for older Pok?mon would make it a more unique experience.

Now we come to why this post is here, dear reader, I (and I suspect a lot of people who just post walls of text) have no technological or artistic skill to my name. I can write, I can come up with concepts and stories but beyond that I must admit to being absolutely useless. Nevertheless if you made it all the way or even if you scrolled down right to the last sentence hoping to see pictures and haven't immediately closed the thread out of frustration, I thank you for your time.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I had a random idea this morning about a story where a pokemon trainer finds themselves in the game world of super mario. This came to mind I think due to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's Rainbow Rocket postgame arc in particular. This leads to more of an exploration-oriented story but one that leads to ridding Mario world of the evil Team Rainbow Rocket as Giovanii would have fled for this world following his failure in Alola. After that the people of Mario's world have to deal with the reprecussions of Pokemon living among them in addition to the usual mushroom kingdom enemies. As such I see the flow of the game sorta being a reverse of the standard fare. The classic 8 badge gym run would be the post game in this concept while what one would think of as an extensive post-game is the main story.

Other features to the game would be;

1: using the Warp Zone to travel to places you've already been as opposed to using Fly, though Fly can still be an option (it wont be an HM due to the pipe system)

2: Visiting other regions typically depicted as part of the greater Mario universe such as Dinosaur Land/Yoshi's Island, DK Island or other rareware locations like Banjo-Kazooie's Isle o' Hags.

3: NPCs would include most friendly characters as well as enemies ranging from some of the partner characters from the first two paper mario games and of course encounters with Bowser himself (who will be the occasional annoyance rather than main villain)

4: Standard mario enemies act like pokemon and can in fact battle you themselves, but cannot be captured since they are in fact people in the world of Mario after all. Since some enemies in Mario games are so big and nasty using pokemon on them would make a lot of sense to do while others would be just hilarious to see get wiped out with a Magikarp.

I doubt such a idea could ever be done, but I have seen some fan projects do crazy things before so who knows someone might pull it off. I'd be more than happy to be part of a team as a creative consultant to help this along if someone were to try this.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
Basic plot .. but i haven't encountered it anywhere ;-;
A boy or a girl whatever got their village burned to death by some guy when he was a kid, as a consequence all the people who lived in that village died /including his parents/ he was raised and taken care of by the same person who burnt his village because idk he felt bad for doing it .. years later some how the mc found out that he wasnt his real son and that his real parents were killed by him then that person explains to him that it was an order from someone who is really powerfull before saying his full name he got idk like shot (m8 this is going in a really dark plot) then the mc sets off on a journey to find that guys and kill him lmao anyways this is the plot COOL HUH IT WILL MAKE A GREAT ANIME PLOT HUHHUHUHUUH

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 10, 2018
I have a history that I've been thinkin about for a few days and I don't think I'll ever do something with it so I will leave it here in case someone sees it.

It takes places in Sinnoh, the main character is a kid from the streets of Jubilife City. One day he's asking the leaving customers of a restaurant for food when the owner tells him to go away because he's driving the customers away. Few seconds later he has mercy on the kid and tells him to go to the back to the restaurant to give him son leftovers.
The kid is eating the leftovers and a Poochyena (or because it's in Sinnoh, maybe a Shinx) comes to him asking for food. The kid gives it some and the Poochyena starts following him. Then, near, some screams are heard, some pokemon is attacking a girl (maybe a starly, idk). The kid and the poochyena go to the rescue and they defeat the Starly.
Some grown-up man watches the event and tells the kid he should become a Pokémon Trainer, tells him to go Sandgem Town because Rowan is giving away some pokemon to kids interested in completing the pokedex for him (He knows because his son is on it aswell, and will later become the rival of the main character).
Then the games goes normally, some side quests here and there, until maybe after the sixth gym. In some route both the main character and the rival are crossing a route when Team galaxy kidnaps them. They wake up tied to a chair without their pokemon. The leader of team galaxy explains that they have been spying them and need their pokemon trainer abilities to help them catch Palkia. You see, Dialga can control time and Pialka can control space, that means that in every univerese there is one Dialga, but it's constantly travelling space, so if, by example, if Team Galaxy was able to locate it in a moment in time and travel in time to that moment, when they arrive Dialga could not be there. Now, Palkia can control space but not time, meaning if Palkia is/was sighted once in the past and Team Galaxy could travel back there, it would have to be there. So Team Galaxy is waiting for Palkia to appear, to catch it and then search for whichever Dialga from any dimension. And they need the main character to catch it for them. That's the only way the main character gets his pokemon back.
The main character agrees, Palkia appears, and he catches it for the Team Galaxy. When looking for Dialga (using Palkia's powers), they spot one in another dimension who is about to being caught by team Galaxy of that dimension in Mt. Coronet, but the Team Galaxy is getting their ass beaten by Diamond (Pokemon Diamond's events). Team galaxy 1 and the main character go there, the main character defeats Diamond, then catches Dialga, but just before handing the pokeball to Team galaxy's leader, he realizes he can't do that and denies to do it, so he has to fight Team galaxy's leader and beat him, which he does, getting Palkia back and destroying Team Galaxy's plans.

It could be a feature of the game to be able to go to "different dimensions" and battle Diamond and other characters.
I was also thinking some Gen 5-7 Pokemon should get "Sinnoh forms" and Pokemon from Sinnoh should get megas (like Staraptor, Toxicroak, etc)

User19sq

I've got an idea I think would be neat to explore, even for those who don't normally play fan games. It's based on a one-shot I wrote quite some time ago. Read it here:

Pokemon Obsolescence

For those who didn't feel like reading it: The story follows an unnamed protagonist who walks the earth and feels as though Pokemon, in battle, are becoming obsolete. His reasoning being that he, as well as other like him, have begun to attain the power Pokemon hold by an unexplored means, with a small implication that a divide or an understanding between these humans and Pokemon may be coming in the long run.

This fanfic was written pretty poorly, as I didn't put my heart that much into it; my reason being that I'd fallen out of love with fanfic writing due to a lack of feedback on my other work. But I'm still free to lend ideas for a fangame. Case and point: The game can start off with a "cognitive test" instead of the professor asking question. These questions will decide whether the Trainer will have a physical, special, defensive, offensive, or mixed stat spread (among others, if possible), and each variation will be designed differently, such as a special female would look like a cutesy magical girl while the special male would have a tailored suit with a tidy, bishounen look. But that's just me.

As for the plot, it could essentially be the opposite of Black and White, which dealt with people trying to fight back against N's segregationist views; this game could have the public act as the antagonists who want to banish either Pokemon or these unique humans, seriously breaking the mold of the series (and if you've read my Bright-Eyed!! fic, you'd know it's not a bad thing).

Please quote me if you'd like to respond, as I'm regularly absent.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
PokeparkZ PC

It's will be bassicly pokepark games with DB characters in one universe and pokemon anime characters in another

You play as

Princess Chi-Chi http://dragonballfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Chi-Chi
Princess Pan http://dragonballfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Pan
And one of the eevee sisters: Pan, Ariel or Grazyna https://pokemonfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Pan_(Flareon) https://pokemonfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Grazyna https://pokemonfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Ariel
Along the way you will meet the Jolteon that got beat up

I plan to upgrade anime characters pokemon that they want:

-Misty will have an Vaporeon
-Max a Kirlia (since we don't know the gender of that Ralts), and one of the Eeveelutions
-Erika will get a Leafeon

I Plan to make this, as my cousin's wife asked me to make a non violent game

Last edited:
Years
Should I make a Pokemon game, so should I use RPG Maker XP and play would be a dating sim with adventure element.

The story take place in the Lunar region in Leaf city where it is celebrated a festival and you are boy/girl who will choose their first starting Pokemon and after selected since starting pokemon journey on adventure and catch all the Pokemon at the calleng gym. But you have the chance to find a girlfriend/boyfriend that you can travel with and fight against.
All Gen Pokemon will be in the game and that will have run shoe.

Mega evelution and Z crystal
Side quest, Rivals and Hidden Items.

Last edited:

PokebladeRED

Trainer of Charizard since 1998
Years
Since i didn't know where to post it, i think i will write it down here. I have a project of a fangames where i have planned a lot in paper. But i'm quite skill-less in developping games and even if i wanted to, it seems it's quite complicated now ^^'.

So i think i will share you my idea here, and if some peoples are interested,please contact me maybe we can do some good works!

This is one of the scenario i've made, i've got another one i'm actually writing down, but that one is almost complete (maybe needs some rewriting on certain part though)

Pokemon: Throne of Mana

Synopsis:

You lived in a poor village of the Balde Kingdom with your father. Humble peasant, you were destined to fullfill the path of your genitor, but your fate will change thanks to the apparition of Merliose, the Pokemon Dean, who offer you the chance to choose a pokemon for trying the Throne Ascension.

Each five years, the Pokemon King Xalor offers a chance to every citizen of his realm to take his place as leader of the land. For that, you need to defeat the 8 Pokemon Knights who defend the main cities of the Balde Kingdom.

Then you can entered to the Oblimon's tournament.The winner take the title of Pokemon Prince and is able to defy the Council of the Fourth, and after the Pokemon King itself.

However, no one has ever succeed to defeat Xalor in twenty years of reign. But in your trip, you'll see that you need more than the power of a king to gain the true freedom.

Features:

* A new type: the Mana Type
* 30 starters to choose from!
* 300 Pokemons froms Gen I to Gen VII
* Baldian regional forms
* 3 path to choose at the beginning of your journey, a different travel at each game!
* Pokemon Knights, also known as PK, can be faced in 3 different orders
* Special Quest given by PK must be completed to challenge them
* Mega-Evolutions
* A new form of Pokedex, the Pokegrimoire
* A new mechanic: the Awakening
* Mana Gems with different effects (Healing Gems, Gem Moves, Awakening Gems, etc)
* Play Pokemon in a medieval fantastic world!

As said earlier, it's pnly on paper right now, everything need to be scripted, mapped and programmed, but if you enjoy the idea, you can contact me for more details ^^.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
for an earlygame boss easily countered if someone held onto their route 1 normal type pokemon is have a trainer own Shedinja with Endeavor and Shadow Sneak, and possibly something like Struggle Bug. Let the memes commence once the player realizes that their Shedinja cannot learn Endeavor.

If you really want to play up the memes, have an alt form shedinja exclusive to said trainer with Sturdy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
two-way STAB super-effective starters:

Fight/Steel

Ground/Ice

Fire/Dark

``
Grass/Rock

Fire/Fairy

Water/Fighting

~~~

Grass Dark

Fire Psychic

Water Poison

~~

Grass Electric

Fire Flying

Water Bug

~~

Dark Ground

Rock Psychic

Water fighting

~~

Will update this list as it isn't exhaustive and I have a plane to catch!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 31, 2019
my free for all idea is paying respects to the rom hack pokemon clover but in the form of a pokemon essentials game . the story is set in the intermet region ( how original ) where the region is huge and divided up in sectors that represent different types of websites or single websites like for example a sector based off youtube that is full of youtubers or fakemon based on good and bad tropes of youtubers or the company. you the protagonist you want to become the top person in the internet region and also become famous. also their are a set of sector that is UNDERground ( if you have played one the pokemon gamecube game you get why i caped the word UNDERgground the way i did ) based on the darkweb and other non-advertiser friendly content also a set of fakemon that are viruses ( with 1 of the type set to posion) that are in each of the sectors of the region causing mayhem ( recommending it be a post game quest. so that my idea i hope you use it well. if you use it that is. and maybe clover devs will see this and use it make a original fan game with it well this a free for all fourm or thread one of the two at least

Years
I have an idea but I need to know how pokemon go was made legally before I go trying to execute this idea. So I was thinking what about a pokemon game for PC with elements from games like pokemon mystery dungeon, sims 2, and rune factory. It would if executed well present a game Pokémon fans could be proud of :) If someone knows how to make such a game without legal issues pls tell me, and I wouldn't mind forming a team to develop a game like this, bit I haven't had much success with forming game dev teams... Most of the time people quit on me for reasons I cannot fathom, or they are dishonest and steal my work before leaving my team and refusing to respond to me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
I was thinking about Terrestrial forms. These Terre forms are how a pokémon was thousands of years ago. These pokémon:
- Have average 10% higher total stats
- Their first form often is seen as a baby form in most cases
- Evolve on higher levels than they do now
- Can have undergo type changes

Than you have Fossil pokémon. We already have some in the game like Aerodactyl, Kabuto, Anorith. These are basicly Terrestrial pokémon but than with a type change that envolves the rock typing.

Let's give some examples on the starters:

Terre Bulbasaur [baby form; Grass/Dragon] >Lv 20> Terre Ivysaur [Grass/Dragon] >Lv 52> Terre Venusaur [Grass/Dragon]
Fossil Bulbasaur [baby form; Grass/Rock] >Lv 20> Fossil Ivysaur [Grass/Rock] >Lv 52> Fossil Venusaur [Grass/Rock]

Terre Charmander [baby form; Dragon/Fire] >Lv 20> Terre Charmeleon [Dragon/Fire] >Lv 56> Terre Charizard [Dragon/Flying]
Fossil Charmander [baby form; Rock/Fire] >Lv 20> Fossil Charmeleon [Rock/Fire] >Lv 56> Fossil Charizard [Rock/Flying]

Terre Squirtle [baby form; Water/Steel] >Lv 20> Terre Wartortle [Water/Steel] >Lv 56> Terre Blastoise [Water/Steel]
Fossil Squirtle [baby form; Water/Rock] >Lv 20> Fossil Wartortle [Water/Rock] >Lv 56> Fossil Blastoise [Water/Rock]

You can get these fossil pokémon by obtaining fossils from rock smashing rocks and the reanimate them in the lab. In order to turn them into their Terrestrial forms you need to have the same pokémon in their normal form and combine them into a Terrestrial pokémon. You will lose both pokémon by doing this.

I think this could be a nice feature in a pokémon game with a great reward by doing it. Most of the fossil you will encounter will be in their 2th form (like Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Wartortle). So to get their baby form you need to breed them after the process. This way they will also learn new moves.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 19, 2019
Someone should make a hack of pokemon meets retro cartoon network you know like ppg, teen titans, samurai jack, kids next door, courage, johnny bravo, chowder, flapjack, grim adventures etc

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Ok so I had this idea where at the start of the game you choose your region from any of the generations. From there it plays like its respective game except after you beat the champion of that region you get a ticket that lets you go to the other regions and challenge the gyms and champions. All the gyms would have to change based on your badge count and all. Also you keep the pokemon region locked in a way that pokemon are only found in there original regions.

Back