• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon Triple Triad

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
*UPDATE*
Pok?mon Triple Triad v1.4 Download

Changes/Fixes Log 11th December
v1.4 Changes/Fixes
Fixed inconsistent music volumes.
Fixed some NPC speeches.
Fixed some map transfers not transferring to the right location.
Added new booster packs

• Mega pack; Has 15 cards, 6 rares.
  • Take it or Leave it; Has a card with a chance at finding another booster pack.
New Fossil Finding quest; Prize is the new and improved Aerodactyl Boosted card.
New 'Opening A Pack' scene; You now see all cards opened instead of 1 at a time.
Removed Fireworks animation for now; Doesn't play well with the new scene.
Removed some instances where an NPC would call a legendary.

Years
Hey there thank you for developing what to me is a blast to the past game which i will fully enjoy i am sure {:3} I've found a small issue though while unpacking the Audio folder. There is a CRC failure when unpacking (i unzipped it with 7zip) and the file the error is reporting about is: Audio\BGM\Pokemon Cerulean City.wav :) I haven't started the game yet so i am not sure what the influence on the game might be but i just wanted to give you a heads up ;) I have listened to some of the audio files and the quality seems to differ a bit. Is there a reason you are using wav files instead op mp3? I ask because i work as an audio engineer and in my experience you could make sure every audio sample/song is exactly the same quality with a minor difference in db level (volume) which almost is impossible to hear :) If i can be of any help just let me know :-) Time to enjoy another Triple Triad!!!

Edit 21-02-2017: I tried to save the game last week and got an error saying the game could not be saved. I ended the game forcefully then. When i tried to start the game today it gave me two sequential error messages (which i have screenshots of if you want them). After those errors there was an announcement saying the save file was corrupted and i was asked if i wanted to delete the save file and start a new game. At this point i will start a new game and see if i get the same error at the same spot. I will keep you updated ;-)

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hey there thank you for developing what to me is a blast to the past game which i will fully enjoy i am sure {:3} I've found a small issue though while unpacking the Audio folder. There is a CRC failure when unpacking (i unzipped it with 7zip) and the file the error is reporting about is: Audio\BGM\Pokemon Cerulean City.wav :) I haven't started the game yet so i am not sure what the influence on the game might be but i just wanted to give you a heads up ;) I have listened to some of the audio files and the quality seems to differ a bit. Is there a reason you are using wav files instead op mp3? I ask because i work as an audio engineer and in my experience you could make sure every audio sample/song is exactly the same quality with a minor difference in db level (volume) which almost is impossible to hear :) If i can be of any help just let me know :-) Time to enjoy another Triple Triad!!!

Edit 21-02-2017: I tried to save the game last week and got an error saying the game could not be saved. I ended the game forcefully then. When i tried to start the game today it gave me two sequential error messages (which i have screenshots of if you want them). After those errors there was an announcement saying the save file was corrupted and i was asked if i wanted to delete the save file and start a new game. At this point i will start a new game and see if i get the same error at the same spot. I will keep you updated ;-)

I'm on my phone right now, but as soon as I get on a laptop, I will be sure to check out your problems and assist.

As for the audio, I literally just downloaded files off the Internet and stuck them in, there is no reason as to why they're as good or as bad as they are, I have no knowledge in making midis for games unfortunately, of course, any help is appreciated.

Years
I'm on my phone right now, but as soon as I get on a laptop, I will be sure to check out your problems and assist.

As for the audio, I literally just downloaded files off the Internet and stuck them in, there is no reason as to why they're as good or as bad as they are, I have no knowledge in making midis for games unfortunately, of course, any help is appreciated.

Hey Nickalooose ;-) No worries and no haste :-) I am in no rush. I tried playing a new game after i got the previous message about the save game file (see my previous message). But from the start of that new game it is impossible to save. I get an error saying the game can't be saved. So for now i am stuck as i can't play the game ;-) As far as the audio goes of course i am willing to help. It's not that difficult to get the audio volume level and quality on the same level. However i am not sure if that means you would have to recode/rewrite the game as in the programming of it ( I am not sure if you have coded the audio files seperatly into your programming of the game). Midi files are totally different files then wav and mp3 files. Midi files are created usually on a computer by using a keyboard/synthesizer. Wav and mp3 files are common music file types used by the industry to create for example CD's. In my experience most games nowadays though use *. ogg files. Let me know if i can be of any service. Thank you for your response though!!!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hey Nickalooose ;-) No worries and no haste :-) I am in no rush. I tried playing a new game after i got the previous message about the save game file (see my previous message). But from the start of that new game it is impossible to save. I get an error saying the game can't be saved. So for now i am stuck as i can't play the game ;-) As far as the audio goes of course i am willing to help. It's not that difficult to get the audio volume level and quality on the same level. However i am not sure if that means you would have to recode/rewrite the game as in the programming of it ( I am not sure if you have coded the audio files seperatly into your programming of the game). Midi files are totally different files then wav and mp3 files. Midi files are created usually on a computer by using a keyboard/synthesizer. Wav and mp3 files are common music file types used by the industry to create for example CD's. In my experience most games nowadays though use *. ogg files. Let me know if i can be of any service. Thank you for your response though!!!

Of course I would never turn away help, so please do.

I know this might sound like a silly question, but here the latest download is v1.4, you are using that version right?
Because the save error was actually fixed in v1.2, so it should be non existent in this version and this is true, many others are playing and saving just fine. Maybe look back and re-download 1.4 and try again, I can confirm that 1.4 does save though, I just started a game myself and both, saved, then continued the game.

Can you save immediately or is there a certain point you save and then it breaks?

Start a game walk outside your house and press 'F7', then please, comment back.

I'll await your reply.

Years
Of course I would never turn away help, so please do.

I know this might sound like a silly question, but here the latest download is v1.4, you are using that version right?
Because the save error was actually fixed in v1.2, so it should be non existent in this version and this is true, many others are playing and saving just fine. Maybe look back and re-download 1.4 and try again, I can confirm that 1.4 does save though, I just started a game myself and both, saved, then continued the game.

Can you save immediately or is there a certain point you save and then it breaks?

Start a game walk outside your house and press 'F7', then please, comment back.

I'll await your reply.

Hey again ;-) Thank you for the reply. Yes of course i am using v 1.4 :-) I will try to redownload the whole game after deleting the old folder and it's contents and i will give it another go and then keep you posted (should be later today/tomorrow at latest). In the previous game i tried to save at several spots outside the house. At those different spots i tried to save i got the save game error. As far as me helping you with the audio, of course no problem. Would you like all audio files in ogg type files or in a different type of music file ;-)

Edit 01-03-2017: I have deleted the downloaded folder with the audio and game folder, downloaded the 1.4 version again, extracted it, put the audio back in and then tried to start a new game. When i started a new game i got 4 error screens before i was told the save file was corrupted and then i was asked if i would like to delete the save file and start a new game. I have prt screened the errors if you like to see them. I have started the game, gone out of the house now and saved the game. I will play a bit further until i have the first booster pack and then i will try to save again ;-) I will keep you updated :-)

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
This look really cool ;o;

Lol, thank you.

Hey again ;-) Thank you for the reply. Yes of course i am using v 1.4 :-) I will try to redownload the whole game after deleting the old folder and it's contents and i will give it another go and then keep you posted (should be later today/tomorrow at latest). In the previous game i tried to save at several spots outside the house. At those different spots i tried to save i got the save game error. As far as me helping you with the audio, of course no problem. Would you like all audio files in ogg type files or in a different type of music file ;-)

Edit 01-03-2017: I have deleted the downloaded folder with the audio and game folder, downloaded the 1.4 version again, extracted it, put the audio back in and then tried to start a new game. When i started a new game i got 4 error screens before i was told the save file was corrupted and then i was asked if i would like to delete the save file and start a new game. I have prt screened the errors if you like to see them. I have started the game, gone out of the house now and saved the game. I will play a bit further until i have the first booster pack and then i will try to save again ;-) I will keep you updated :-)

If you can do all file types as OGG, that would be excellent.

On your save issue though, I can't see the problem, since I prefer to do everything myself and see if I encounter the problem. I download from the OP, extracted everything and I can play with no problems at all, excluding the minor mistakes here and there lol, I think maybe if you can give me the screenshots I can assist more.

Sorry for the late reply.
Kind regards.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
can this game be played without glitches and freezes yet?

Please be more specific about these problems; When and Where do they happen?

I'm going to get some videos uploaded of some players' game-play, because I'm not entirely sure why there are problems coming from this community but not others. I've even downloaded and played the version here, myself, other than a mistake in the first town, I don't come across many others at the beginning, including the save error as before been mentioned.

Years
My apologies for a very late reply but i have been extremely busy. Yes of course i can convert the files to ogg for you. I will do so this weekend. When i am finished i will send you a pm and then we can setup some kind of file transfer for you to be able to get the ogg files ;-) The save file worked after a few tries so that's working fine as it is now :-D Thank you for your support Nickalooose :D

Back