• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon Zero [v0.13.1 alpha] - FRLG enhanced remake

Years

title.png

Pokémon Zero
Made using Pokémon Essentials 19.1

Relive the journey of Red or Leaf from FireRed and LeafGreen, revamped with modern mechanics and enhancements. Face off against new story events with your friendly rival in Leaf or Red, encounter far more Legendary Pokémon than the original games and catch and train Pokémon from across all nine generations.

screenshots.png

Features
  • Pokémon and moves from Generations IV–IX — almost 500 Pokémon in Kanto and even more on the Sevii Islands
  • Mega Evolution and Fairy-type Pokémon
  • 150 reusable TMs, comprising the original 50 from FRLG and 100 more from games beyond
  • Physical/Special split
  • Updated story events all the way through to Seven Island
  • Party-wide experience with the modern Exp. Share
  • Hyper Training and Mints
  • Gym Leader rematches
  • Toggle the speed-up feature with the Q button to progress at 2× or 4× speed
  • Move Tutors and free Move Reminders in every Pokémon Center
  • Pokémon Box access from anywhere
  • A rebalanced level curve with higher level post-game content

Download Pokémon Zero v0.13.1
Alternative download link

Extract the game files into a new folder rather than overwriting the old files. You can then delete the old files.

After updating the game version, your updated save file will be incompatible with previous versions of the game. Always play on the latest version of the game, and create a backup of your save file (usually at "C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Pokemon Zero\Game.rxdata" or, for older versions, "C:\Users\[your name]\Saved Games\Pokemon Zero\Game.rxdata") if you are unsure about updating.

Resources

Changelog
Spoiler:

Gameplay changes
Spoiler:

Pokémon availability
Spoiler:

Mechanics
Spoiler:

Quality of life changes
Spoiler:

Minor changes
Spoiler:

Spoiler changes
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 1, 2018
This is amazing work! Truly, you've done a wonderful job putting all of this together! I will try and look through it in detail soon.

Really minor thing I thought was funny: I had the exact same idea to put in the Yellow starter givers (since it would be nice to get all of the starters without trading)! I think it's cool that you thought of a lot of little things like that to make the playing experience satisfying and complete.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Hey,

first I wanted to say it's a great idea. I really wanna play your game. But when I try to start, the window is opening, but closing after a few seconds and nothing is happening :(

Years
Hey,

first I wanted to say it's a great idea. I really wanna play your game. But when I try to start, the window is opening, but closing after a few seconds and nothing is happening :(

That's unfortunate! Issues that don't happen on my machine will always be the hardest to fix. Could you try following the instructions here and letting me know if that helps at all?

Years
This is amazing work! Truly, you've done a wonderful job putting all of this together! I will try and look through it in detail soon.

Really minor thing I thought was funny: I had the exact same idea to put in the Yellow starter givers (since it would be nice to get all of the starters without trading)! I think it's cool that you thought of a lot of little things like that to make the playing experience satisfying and complete.

Thank you :). It seemed like a cool thing to do, having a nod back to Generation I, and I do want to make as many Pokemon available as possible.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
That's unfortunate! Issues that don't happen on my machine will always be the hardest to fix. Could you try following the instructions here and letting me know if that helps at all?

Unfortunately it's still not working :( The window opens. I see the black screen and then the window closes itself. No error or message. I tried the things from the thread you showed me, but it's not working :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 20, 2023
Where can I get the light ball for pikachu? is that I want to have the original team of hgss red, which is:
Pikachu
lapras
snorlax
venusaur
charizard
blastoise

Last edited:
Years
Unfortunately it's still not working :( The window opens. I see the black screen and then the window closes itself. No error or message. I tried the things from the thread you showed me, but it's not working :(

Hm, then I'm afraid I'm not sure, and I don't have another machine to test it on. At this rate I'd just be guessing and Googling, and it could be any number of incompatibilities with your machine. I'm sorry I can't be much more help. I hope you're able to get to the bottom of this.

Where can I get the light ball for pikachu? is that I want to have the original team of hgss red, which is:
Pikachu
lapras
snorlax
venusaur
charizard
blastoise

I somehow missed this, so the game has been updated to v0.1.1. Wild Pikachu holds the Light Ball 5% of the time, and there's a one-off item ball containing it across the pond in Celadon City. Your v0.1 save file should be compatible. Enjoy!

can we have a battle frontier in a future update?

I hope so. It's certainly on the cards, but I think it'll be a fairly hefty update and I'm due to go on holiday soon, so don't hold your breath for the very near future!

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
thats cool glad to hear! Also another question, is the daycare near Cerulean the breeding center in this take on the game? I always found it a major letdown how Nintendo cut you off from breeding until post game in the original fire red/leaf green

Years
thats cool glad to hear! Also another question, is the daycare near Cerulean the breeding center in this take on the game? I always found it a major letdown how Nintendo cut you off from breeding until post game in the original fire red/leaf green

Yep!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Thats great as I got a female bulbasaur with good IVs that I wanna breed a few times for a good hiddenpower move

EDIT: I hate to nitpick but can you do something about the music in a future update? The stock RPGmaker music does not fit a pokemon game. AT ALL.

Last edited:
Years
Thats great as I got a female bulbasaur with good IVs that I wanna breed a few times for a good hiddenpower move

EDIT: I hate to nitpick but can you do something about the music in a future update? The stock RPGmaker music does not fit a pokemon game. AT ALL.

It's on the (long) list of improvements I'd like to make. I hate it too. The idea was to have a playable demo first, then tidy up afterwards.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
I still couldn't find a way to start the game :(

I have a question. When I extract the folder, it shows me, that a file already exists "Pokemon_Zero_v0.1.1_alpha\Graphics\Animations\Trov¦o.png".

Has it something to do with that? Should I replace that file?

Years
I still couldn't find a way to start the game :(

I have a question. When I extract the folder, it shows me, that a file already exists "Pokemon_Zero_v0.1.1_alpha\Graphics\Animations\Trov¦o.png".

Has it something to do with that? Should I replace that file?

Very odd, unless you've previously downloaded the project. You should be able to delete or replace that file without issue, but I can't see how it would be related to the problem you're having... :(

Last edited:
Years
Now updated to v0.2!

• Cerulean Cave is now accessible after defeating the Elite Four.
  • The Day-Care Lady will now turn to the right to indicate when she has an egg for you.
  • Cleaned up an instance of the Day-Care Lady's text being blue instead of red.
  • Fixed a bug whereby wild legendary Pokémon sometimes wouldn't faint properly at zero HP.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
sweet, nice update for the game. Hows the sevii islands quest working out at the moment?

Years
Hey, I've been already on my way to Cinnabar Island and the game is really well done! I like that you keep HMs Fly and Surf (But as TMs now), as those moves are really useful for Water and Flying type Pokemon respectively. I also keep noticing that in the Regional Map, the path to Johto and Mt. Silver is present, so are you planning to add Johto as post-game alongside the Sevii Islands 4-7 in a future update or in the complete version?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Hey, I've been already on my way to Cinnabar Island and the game is really well done! I like that you keep HMs Fly and Surf (But as TMs now), as those moves are really useful for Water and Flying type Pokemon respectively. I also keep noticing that in the Regional Map, the path to Johto and Mt. Silver is present, so are you planning to add Johto as post-game alongside the Sevii Islands 4-7 in a future update or in the complete version?

He hasnt said anything about Johto, since this is a remaster of fire red and leaf green more than anything. And I did get him to say that there might (emphasis on might) be a battle frontier for post game, but anything else we may have to wait and see what he decides on.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry for the multi-posts but I have an interesting idea that could be cool in future updates with regards to battle mechanics. Namely some of the less-used and useless special abilities. I suggested this to a few other game makers in the past, one or two actually considered it if I recall rightly. My suggestion is reworking them so they have a new effect either in place of the actual existing effect or to work alongside it (sort of like how Flame Body can help hatch eggs faster when its main use is to cause a status condition on opponents).

1: Run Away - Long known to be the most useless ability in competitive play, Run Away could benefit from having a side effect which allows the user to switch out from Mean Look/ Spider Web/Wrap/Bind/Shadow Tag.

2: Magma Armor - Most that use this ability cant be frozen anyway, so preventing freeze only works if you employ skill swap/role play in a double battle. The main use it has is of course hatching eggs so that should be left alone but due to the nature of lava and how hot it is, a helpful immunity to water would be a nice change. Heck Magcargo in particular has a body temperature that exceeds even the sun according to the pokedex, so logically water shouldnt even touch it due to the heat it radiates. Not many pokemon have Magma Armor as an ability so its not likely to be too overpowered considering.

3: Big Pecks - Not losing defense is great on paper but its sorta flawed in the end. Considering it's japanese name is Pigeon Heart I expected some benefit to flying moves originally. What I envision is pokemon with Big Pecks would get a 0.50 percent boost to flying type attacks, sorta like how Strong Jaw on Tyrantrum gives more power to biting moves. On a lower tier flying type such as Pidgeot, more power to flying attacks would benefit it a huge deal (and it having Big Pecks as a hidden ability wont be too big a deal). This idea is inspired mainly die to the amount of strength a Pidgeot's wing muscles must have to achieve mach 2 speed in the pokedex, especially since Pokemon Stadium 2 details that once its wings are heard, it's long gone before you can look up to see it.

thats all I can think of for now but hope it inspires some ideas

Back