• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] The Dollhouse: Come Play!

Years
The Dollhouse: Come Play!

a1b6983806165ddf065c8fc17854a759.png

Did you have a doll that you loved in your youngest years? Maybe you still collect dolls? I do!

I mostly own Asian fashion dolls, my favorite being Pullips. Dolls come from everywhere in all colors, shapes and sizes though! Any kind of doll can be discussed here :)

Maybe you like Bratz dolls, Barbie, Ashton Drake or American Girl? Perhaps you collect antique dolls? Maybe it is a nostalgic handmade doll that someone made for you? Or you could be dollmaker yourself? What you like could be dolls associated with a specific franchise, an anime for instance. It doesn't matter, all are welcome here!

You are free to post pictures of dolls, whether from your personal collection or simply an image of a doll that caught your eye. You're also welcome to share any stories or memories you have related to doll. Want to mention a toy sale, show off your creative talent customizing dolls or crafting dolly furniture, or maybe you just want to tell everyone about your latest haul? Well, you have come to the right place.

Resident Puppet Master: VisionofMilotic

Our Tin soldiers: Miss Wendighost, Lady Jirachu, Pastelspectre, Ho-oh, Starseed, Rad Empoleon

CSS credit to the great Revise!!

Last edited:
Years
I was thinking of restoring a doll house I had in my basement. Any tips?

Welcome TheGhostHunter!

That sounds exciting. I have had dollhouses before, but modern dollhouses that are plastic, and there are some dioramas I am interested in too. The impression I was getting is that you are restoring an antique dollhouse. But I can still get my hands on some manuals if you are looking for tips to cleaning and fixing it up. What is your doll house like? Also are you interested in modifying your doll house in any way?

Thanks for coming

Years
As a pullip lover I am super excited about the Princess Kakyuu Pullip being released this Autumn. It won't be released in my country in time for my birthday, but she will be on my Christmas list!

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Welcome TheGhostHunter!

That sounds exciting. I have had dollhouses before, but modern dollhouses that are plastic, and there are some dioramas I am interested in too. The impression I was getting is that you are restoring an antique dollhouse. But I can still get my hands on some manuals if you are looking for tips to cleaning and fixing it up. What is your doll house like? Also are you interested in modifying your doll house in any way?

Thanks for coming

The house is what I can describe is Victorian Style and the only modification is just keeping with the Victorian theme. Hope this makes sense.

Years
The house is what I can describe is Victorian Style and the only modification is just keeping with the Victorian theme. Hope this makes sense.

Sounds beautiful! Sorry for this late reply, but I didn't forget about you!

Since you didn't mention any one particular problem with the condition of house that you wanted to adress like shingles falling off the roof, cracks in the walls, doors that have detached and need to rehinged, then I shall stick to fairly general maintenace and cleaning tips for the time being. But if your house is in need of extensive repairs light then drop a line in this thread or take a picture so thar hopefully someone we can get you the help you need to fix everything up ^_^

If you want to remove dust and avoid damaging the more delicate parts of your home then you could use a makeup brush or small paint brush for a more gentle reach than using a duster or vacuum detachment. to remove the dust from the more delicate.

I like to restore the sheen of wooden furniture with lemon or orange oil I buy from a local antique store in my town, but this is a pretty common find. Any furniture polish that doesn't have lots of harsh chemicals should do. Try to avoid water because heavy amounts may damage your wood, though lightly wiping down a surface lightly should be okay. Soft, non-apprasive cloth like maybe fragments of an old T-shirt. If you wear glasses like I do those microfiber little napkins you get in your glasses case are nice for a soft touch.

If you have curtains, carpets, linen that have become soiled then I would recommend storing them for a professional to inspect, rather than trying to wash antique fabric because it might deteriorate. It may also be easier to replace them with something similar. Etsy is a really good place to start shopping if you need something new, whether its a fresh table cloth for your dolly or you just want to find a handsome new piece of furniture that fits that beautiful Victorian theme you want to maintain but still update your house ^_^ Maybe you would like to treat your doll to a new candleabra, painting to hang on her wall or toy piano? This is where I go when I am shopping for doll accessories or clothes, whether ooak new handmade creations or vintage item being resold.

If your house has wallpaper that is really old torn or stained then I read that you can also use fabric softener or vinegar to help clean it off of the wall and prepare to put up new wallpaper or paint.

Sprinkling a little baking soda in your dollhouse is a cheap and simple way to absorb ordors in your home get the dollhouse clean naturally. Its really underated cleaning agent.

You may have come across this site in your searches already, but I think it is a good introduction nonetheless, the only thing I would add is that some doll owners like to clean out their house with a tooth brush for an extra gentle touch.

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-restore-an-antique-dollhouse

I have subscription to Dolls magazine too. I can look through there and see what else they have to say about restoring dollhouse.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
JOINING THIS IN A HEART BEAT

Dolls were my childhood <3 omg. This is defenetly a club i'll cherish. Not enough other people I meet have grown up with dolls like I did.....(it makes me feel sad and lonely :<)

I loved all kinds of dolls as a kid too. Barbie dolls, rag dolls, baby dolls, american girl dolls, porcelain dolls, you name it.

Really the only bad memories I have relating to dolls are probably my memories of this Riku (from kingdom hearts...) plush doll i got as an adult. I had a thing for that doll that was, honestly, creepy. And the way I carried it everywhere was just too childish and incecure. And I was like 24. I wish I never got that doll....In general, Kingdom Hearts just spelled trouble for me :/

That said, due to those memories, i'd probably prefer to get like a barbie like doll than a plushie doll of korrina if korrina dolls existed. Fangirling over that would feel a lot less creepy, and chances are, I probably wouldn't want to carry it around like a teddy bear (the effects stuffed toys can have on the brain....nuff said. not always good :/).

So, hah, I had my chucky doll moments as an adult. Not proud of them. But all my other doll memories were good. Dolls made me happy a lot of the time throughout most of my childhood :3

As an adult, theres some dolls I still think are pretty cute, even if they aren't overall so much my 'thing' now. I think LalaLoopsy dolls are awesome, and even own a coloring book about them. They're just so cutesy and pretty and girly and interesting with all their different personalities ^w^

Joining this club just to share more about my childhood alone is great. I'm sick and tired of living in loathe with how 'feminine' i was, anyways....(plus i think i really was only picked on for those memories by insecure bullies anyways >_<;;; a lot of them, sadly, probably being kh series fans. explaining in this club farther why i CANNOT STAND anything kh now :/)

EDIT: Zo.M.G. <3 The talk about DOLL HOUSES!!!! (just read some posts and liked every single one in the club just now) The childhood nostalgia. Oh boy. I remember I had some doll houses as a child too.....xDDD One was really big, although I don't remember ever playing with it. I may of already 'grown out' of dolls more when I eventually got that one house o.o; Like I may of got it at like 13-14ish.

Last edited:
Years
JOINING THIS IN A HEART BEAT

Dolls were my childhood <3 omg. This is defenetly a club i'll cherish. Not enough other people I meet have grown up with dolls like I did.....(it makes me feel sad and lonely :<)

I loved all kinds of dolls as a kid too. Barbie dolls, rag dolls, baby dolls, american girl dolls, porcelain dolls, you name it.

Really the only bad memories I have relating to dolls are probably my memories of this Riku (from kingdom hearts...) plush doll i got as an adult. I had a thing for that doll that was, honestly, creepy. And the way I carried it everywhere was just too childish and incecure. And I was like 24. I wish I never got that doll....In general, Kingdom Hearts just spelled trouble for me :/

That said, due to those memories, i'd probably prefer to get like a barbie like doll than a plushie doll of korrina if korrina dolls existed. Fangirling over that would feel a lot less creepy, and chances are, I probably wouldn't want to carry it around like a teddy bear (the effects stuffed toys can have on the brain....nuff said. not always good :/).

So, hah, I had my chucky doll moments as an adult. Not proud of them. But all my other doll memories were good. Dolls made me happy a lot of the time throughout most of my childhood :3

As an adult, theres some dolls I still think are pretty cute, even if they aren't overall so much my 'thing' now. I think LalaLoopsy dolls are awesome, and even own a coloring book about them. They're just so cutesy and pretty and girly and interesting with all their different personalities ^w^

Joining this club just to share more about my childhood alone is great. I'm sick and tired of living in loathe with how 'feminine' i was, anyways....(plus i think i really was only picked on for those memories by insecure bullies anyways >_<;;; a lot of them, sadly, probably being kh series fans. explaining in this club farther why i CANNOT STAND anything kh now :/)

EDIT: Zo.M.G. <3 The talk about DOLL HOUSES!!!! (just read some posts and liked every single one in the club just now) The childhood nostalgia. Oh boy. I remember I had some doll houses as a child too.....xDDD One was really big, although I don't remember ever playing with it. I may of already 'grown out' of dolls more when I eventually got that one house o.o; Like I may of got it at like 13-14ish.

We are ecstatic to have a visit from you LadyJirachu! I was the same way, there was seldom a doll that I could resist! My family moved around a lot when I was a kid and often I travelled with them to new towns so I had to start over from scratch in strange places with no friends. Dolls became substitute companions when there was nobody else my age I knew. I was the kid who if invited over to a neighbor's house would bring a backpack full of dolls with me.

I had a doll of pretty much every major animated movie heroine from my childhood, from Fashion Secret Megara from Hercules, Dancing Gypsy Esmeralda of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, Anastasia.

I also had loads of Barbies of every theme from Rapunzel, Holiday Barbie, Ocean Friend Barbie and Keiko (her dolphin) Olympic Gymnast,the list goes on. I think the former doll came with a CD for you to rehearse your own stunts to the music with Barbie. I remember doing the master level steps with my friend Ashley in front of both of our parents, and serving them Chips Ahoy Cookies at our homemade reception. We were both seven. Our families were great sports, applauding as we crashed into eachother during our feeble cartwheel attempts.

I had Barbie's friends too Christie, baby sister Kelly, Ken, and was into the Generation Girls series.After my cousin sent me a book about Addy Walker and the civil war from the American Girl series-- a very good read, I became an American girls fan.

My mom saved up and bought the whole collection of books Addy's doll. They were very well-written stories, very inspirational. The dolls and their accessories were so well-made and realistic, though very expensive.

American Girls also released a series of smaller, but stunningly beautiful dolls that most of us have forgotten called The Girls from Many Lands. I received a doll of the orphaned Chinese beauty Spring Pearl and the elaborately dressed Turkish maiden Leyla who was tricked into selling herself into slavery. This is a lovely introduction I found about the dolls in this collection, complete with photos.

http://www.agplaythings.com/goml/goml.html

While they never got as famous as Bratz dolls, there were these dolls called Diva Starz made by Mattel that seemed like a kinda precursor. They had giant heads and were fashionistas but were talking dolls. I had all four of the originals, Alexa, Nikki, Summer and Tia.

I also grew up admiring one-of-a-kind porcelain dolls I would see handmade by artists or featured in Dolls magazine or by artists. Even today I admire the clay dolls of mermaids and pixies by Karie Faerie.

upload png image

I'm sorry that your memories of Riku are a mixed bag. I have carried a doll or two around with me in my adult life before. Because I was worried about being teased I sometimes carried them in a travel case, and unboxed them once I met up with friends and knew I was in safe company to gush about my interests.

I have never actually been bullied for my dolls. In fact I always gets lots of compliments on them, and requests for the price and where to purchase. But that doesn't mean I have never been picked on about anything though, so I can still relate to how you feel Lady Jirachu.

I bet your Riku doll was a handsome fellow at least. My Taeyang Sol doll reminds me of Riku , its his nickname. He's got the hair and general vibe of the clothes, part Kingdom Hearts, part Mad Max.

Korrina would make a ravishing doll. Because of my love for Groove I want to make everyone into Pullips and Taeyangs though, so Korrina is no exception. Groove has made Black Butler, Rozen Maiden, Sailor Moon, Hello Kitty, Revolutionary Girl Utena, so there is definitely room to make Pokemon dolls.

Korrina would be a really fun Pullip with her helmet and rollerblades..which reminds me of another doll from my childhood, California Roller Girl. Omg! I found the old commercial for this doll,but I digress!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z44I5864So

On pullips and taeyangs, I would mortgage my soul for a Steven Stone and Wallace originship Taeyang set. They would be so charming.

I recently discovered the Barbie Dolls of the World series while shopping at a local antique shop. I fell in love with the Princess of South Africa Barbie and Princess of India-- more dolls for the shelf.

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded response, but super excited you are here. You can be as unapologetically girly as you want here, I was a sucker for the tea parties, romance tales and dress-up, so try me! By the way, LalaLoopsy is amazing! Thanks for giving them a mention, they look like they are on their way to taking up residence on my shelf too!

P.S Its also exciting to hear that you had a doll house too! My first one was the Barbie Magic Dream House.

LadyJirachu

Years
We are ecstatic to have a visit from you LadyJirachu! I was the same way, there was seldom a doll that I could resist! My family moved around a lot when I was a kid and often I travelled with them to new towns so I had to start over from scratch in strange places with no friends. Dolls became substitute companions when there was nobody else my age I knew. I was the kid who if invited over to a neighbor's house would bring a backpack full of dolls with me.

I had a doll of pretty much every major animated movie heroine from my childhood, from Fashion Secret Megara from Hercules, Dancing Gypsy Esmeralda of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, Anastasia.

I also had loads of Barbies of every theme from Rapunzel, Holiday Barbie, Ocean Friend Barbie and Keiko (her dolphin) Olympic Gymnast,the list goes on. I think the former doll came with a CD for you to rehearse your own stunts to the music with Barbie. I remember doing the master level steps with my friend Ashley in front of both of our parents, and serving them Chips Ahoy Cookies at our homemade reception. We were both seven. Our families were great sports, applauding as we crashed into eachother during our feeble cartwheel attempts.

I had Barbie's friends too Christie, baby sister Kelly, Ken, and was into the Generation Girls series.After my cousin sent me a book about Addy Walker and the civil war from the American Girl series-- a very good read, I became an American girls fan.

My mom saved up and bought the whole collection of books Addy's doll. They were very well-written stories, very inspirational. The dolls and their accessories were so well-made and realistic, though very expensive.

American Girls also released a series of smaller, but stunningly beautiful dolls that most of us have forgotten called The Girls from Many Lands. I received a doll of the orphaned Chinese beauty Spring Pearl and the elaborately dressed Turkish maiden Leyla who was tricked into selling herself into slavery. This is a lovely introduction I found about the dolls in this collection, complete with photos.

http://www.agplaythings.com/goml/goml.html

While they never got as famous as Bratz dolls, there were these dolls called Diva Starz made by Mattel that seemed like a kinda precursor. They had giant heads and were fashionistas but were talking dolls. I had all four of the originals, Alexa, Nikki, Summer and Tia.

I also grew up admiring one-of-a-kind porcelain dolls I would see handmade by artists or featured in Dolls magazine or by artists. Even today I admire the clay dolls of mermaids and pixies by Karie Faerie.

upload png image

I'm sorry that your memories of Riku are a mixed bag. I have carried a doll or two around with me in my adult life before. Because I was worried about being teased I sometimes carried them in a travel case, and unboxed them once I met up with friends and knew I was in safe company to gush about my interests.

I have never actually been bullied for my dolls. In fact I always gets lots of compliments on them, and requests for the price and where to purchase. But that doesn't mean I have never been picked on about anything though, so I can still relate to how you feel Lady Jirachu.

I bet your Riku doll was a handsome fellow at least. My Taeyang Sol doll reminds me of Riku , its his nickname. He's got the hair and general vibe of the clothes, part Kingdom Hearts, part Mad Max.

Korrina would make a ravishing doll. Because of my love for Groove I want to make everyone into Pullips and Taeyangs though, so Korrina is no exception. Groove has made Black Butler, Rozen Maiden, Sailor Moon, Hello Kitty, Revolutionary Girl Utena, so there is definitely room to make Pokemon dolls.

Korrina would be a really fun Pullip with her helmet and rollerblades..which reminds me of another doll from my childhood, California Roller Girl. Omg! I found the old commercial for this doll,but I digress!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z44I5864So

On pullips and taeyangs, I would mortgage my soul for a Steven Stone and Wallace originship Taeyang set. They would be so charming.

I recently discovered the Barbie Dolls of the World series while shopping at a local antique shop. I fell in love with the Princess of South Africa Barbie and Princess of India-- more dolls for the shelf.

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded response, but super excited you are here. You can be as unapologetically girly as you want here, I was a sucker for the tea parties, romance tales and dress-up, so try me! By the way, LalaLoopsy is amazing! Thanks for giving them a mention, they look like they are on their way to taking up residence on my shelf too!

P.S Its also exciting to hear that you had a doll house too! My first one was the Barbie Magic Dream House.

I *REALLY* don't like my memories of the riku plushie >_<;;; i was bullied a ton when i was a kingdom hearts fan too and I was too mentally unstable to see past the bullying. So my life was hell those years :( Lets not talk about that doll ever again in this club now. Please. I still liked your post, though. Since I don't meet many people with childhoods like mine, it has value to me xD Feeling i was alone for being 'girly' in the world is so sad.....thanks for making a club like this one and just being girly like I am :3

I had sailor moon and sailor venus dolls as a kid. They were fun to play with.

Nice pictures btw :3

I shall check out roller skater doll's video sometime. Should remind me of dear corni ;3 thanks for posting it.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hi, bump... joining only for Barbie! :)

I collected barbies. Like crazy. Well not like crazy but I had a princess castle and all (well... thumbelina princess castle but whatever lol) BUT I had that barbie with flower petals. Anyone remember that one?

LadyJirachu

Years
Hi, bump... joining only for Barbie! :)

I collected barbies. Like crazy. Well not like crazy but I had a princess castle and all (well... thumbelina princess castle but whatever lol) BUT I had that barbie with flower petals. Anyone remember that one?

*you and me should be friends :D*

I had a huge barbie collection too. I also loved that a lot of barbie stuff was pink^^ Oh man. Barbie was almost my whole childhood *high fives ya*

...Oddly enough I don't remember that one barbie you mentioned though o.o

However, she sounds pretty :3 I like flowers.

I think a lot of the ones I had were from yard sales however. We were pretty poor when i was a kid xD;

I used to play on barbie's website a lot too.

Ahhhh the innocence of childhood^^

Last edited:
Years
Oh Barbie! I used to play on the website to, where I customized my own girl! I shared a lot of happy memories with the help of the Barbie Magic Dream House. There lived generations of Barbie dolls and Kens and Tommy dolls who happily cooked Kitchen Littles. I even had a car for Barbie to ride around in, and the Barbie movie theater for her to visit in her spare time.

I haven't purchased a Barbie in a while, but on eBay my eyes have caught sight of the beautiful Barbie Princess of the Incas robed in stunning lapis blue and gold. I may have to buy that girl. This is what she looks like. https://goo.gl/images/fERWWR
I am wrestling with my conscious right now, because I know in my heart that every spare dollar I have must got to Pullip and no other doll. But who could say "no" to a face like that Barbie's?

Speaking of Pullip my loving mother bought me a Pullip Belle doll from the Beauty and the Beast. She was part of a short-lived collaboration with Groove and Disney. Down below is the promo photo of the doll that I just acquired. She looks enchanting next to my Another Alice series dolls on my shelf. I just hope that one day I am able to get a good deal on the matching Taeyang Beast and allow Belle to wed Prince Adam.

I have another surprise, pending though. This is just the beginning of my doll acquisition news!

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Years
I wonder if i'll ever own a lala loopsy? :3 Not sure they sell'em anymore o.o;

But, I love the cute outfits they wore :3 d'aww...

I used to enjoy going on the lalaloopsy website too. I think they toke it offline though? O.o;

Last edited:
Years
I mentioned that I had a surprise....*drumroll* Last week I took a family member to a consignment they wanted to visit, and while I was standing around waiting for her I ran into this remarkable doll. I had to bring her home with me!

Here she is right after I unwrapped her, making her entrance in the middle of my living room.

She is beautiful! She has a face full of character with those long lashes, green eyes strong bones and red-gold curls.

She's dressed to the nines with authentic velvet. I love her faux fur muff, her lace, faux pearls and feathered had. Detailed embroidery is here and sequins, beading and costume jewelry. I didn't want to make her do anything immodest for this photo shoot because as you can see she is a real lady! She has class and dignity. But just between you and me she has intricate black lace petticoats. She also has beautiful faux leather boots shoes that lace up. I might add a picture of them.

Did I mention that I am a sucker for a doll that wears earings?

I wish I could carry this girl around with me, but I can't take her on many adventures I am afraid. She is porcelain and liable to break, but the quality is remarkable!

Welcome to the doll shelf Anastasia!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Can we just ask doll questions here too?

I miiiiiight've been looking into buying Pullips for you for some gifts, Sam, but oh my god, I can't believe how insanely priced the ones you want are.

I bought a high end gaming laptop for less than one of them. Why are Pullips so expensive?

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
hello!! i am interesting in joining if that's okay. i really love barbie dolls, even if i can't really collect them anymore since they're kind of expensive nowadays. i also love monster high dolls, lalaloopsy, and the shopkins human dolls! i can't really collect any of them (except maybe monster high and lalaloopsy since i think they have gone down in price) but.. i still love dolls!! i'd love love love to buy a doll house again someday.

Years
Can we just ask doll questions here too?

I miiiiiight've been looking into buying Pullips for you for some gifts, Sam, but oh my god, I can't believe how insanely priced the ones you want are.

I bought a high end gaming laptop for less than one of them. Why are Pullips so expensive?

Hello there! Absolutely, you can visit the dollhouse to ask questions! ^_^

Well, on prices there isn't one simple answer so sit tight. But it is to some extent quality cost, the dolls are still very elaborate ball-jointed, poseable fashion dolls. They have eye complicated mechanisms in the back of the head to allow them to open and close their eyes. Putting these dolls together is intimidating even for me.

Though there are hundreds of different dolls, each release has an unique and individual faceup. The face plate is the same no two dolls releases have the same facial features, expressions or eye chips.

Also these dolls are pretty manufactured in Korea, and the cost to import them internationally is no doubt added to the sell price. I don't believe that there a dollmaking plants in Europe or the U.S. They are larg and tend to be weighty to ship, and very fragile, requiring more care and attention to pack.

In addition to that the stock clothing and accessories for the dolls are known for being very realistic. In the past dolls were even manufactured with real silk clothing and genuine fur trims, pearls, swarovski crystals. There stock may include items ranging from replicas of musical instruments to fully-functional backpacks, doll furniture and miniatures dolls and plushies.

The. Factor in that sometimes fashion labels or companies like Marvel, Disney and Sanrio will enter into collaborations with Groove, further incressing the price due to licensing. These dolls are intended to be collector's pieces so they have always cost more. For me they were the cheaper alternative to Luts dolls, which I think are beautiful but unaffordable for me.

However, saying all that, Groove has begun inflating their prices beyond what was previously needed to sustain production costs. When I first started collecting pullip dolls years ago the average price was about 70-80 collar. You might find an older doll for 49.99 or get a deal on Black Friday for a similar price. Pullip's friends used to be cheaper like 39.99 for an older model byul or dal doll. You never heard of dolls being sold for more than 150 dollars, including limited edition dolls and collaboration. However, now 150+ is the starting price for a new pullip doll. 2016 was kinda the beginning of the end for Groove in my opinion. This was when the prices skyrocketed. Yet while the prices soared the quality of the dolls did not, and in some cases we even saw quality decline.

In spite of all of this I still love Pullip. She herself is full of charm, despite the greed of her manufacturers. There are still some beautiful brand new dolls that I will probably collect over the years like Pullip Princess Kakyuu, Pullip Etoille, Pullip Anthy and maybe Taeyang Higekiri, but yes, you are totally right, they want too much for these. Don't trouble yourself with buying one unless you really would like your own Pullip :) These are costly things that I buy selectively on special occasions.

If you do get into this hobby then check your local Tuesday Morning if there is one in your city. There are a lucky, select few Tuesday Mornings throughout the country that carry Pullip dolls, though the one in my town doesn't regrettably :(

Tuesday Morning dolls are awesome because while they usually only have a handful of older models Pullips they sell them for the rock bottom price of 39.99, not knowing what they have! So you can get a steal. I have friends in Cali who have gotten some real jewels there, and am jealous.

You should also know the name Pullipstyle if you ever want to purchase a doll for yourself, they are the most familiar and friendly website to doll collectors in The United States is the website Pullipstyle. They have very fast, modest shipping and flexible customer service. If you are going to buy online their prices are the most fair, but the dolls are still going to be 100 and up.

Where I buy most of my Pullip dolls is from JpGroove. There prices are generally higher than Pullipstyle with also higher shipping rates and longer wait times, but they have the bigger collection and when they have a specials they are unparalleled. What I live for is an event called the sample doll sale. Unboxed dolls that have been displayed at conventions are resold for dirt cheap, dolls sell at 30 dollars, 50 dollars, 19 dollars. Its mayhem! These sales are usually flash, small selection and limited quality, but they have helped me grow my collection with inexpensive dolls that are often rare and out of stock.

You might get a deal on Amazon. Since Amazon uses sellers there is a really wide range of prices, some are are very competitive, others are grossly over-priced, so approach with caution. The collections are also smaller as these are usually not licensed pullip retailers. I normally reserve shopping there for dolls that are in stock at other retailers, that is when you are more likely to see prices slightly undercut. I like the seller Tea_Party a lot.

I shop at Ebay too, but I don't recommend EBay for buying your first Pullip doll because there are many international sellers who have rare and out of stock but inflate the prices. Though you may see a doll for 1,000 dollars on eBay only a select number of Pullip dolls can justify a price of more than 200 dollars. It is the same problem that you can run into with Amazon but just more extreme in my opinion. You can find some great deals on eBay but I recommend them only if you know exactly what you want, have extensive knowledge of what the doll should sell for and have set a budget. Its very easy for prices to spiral out of control with EBay especially if you are bidding at an auction.

EDIT: This is my third and last edit, but if you are interested in learning more about Pullips these are some of the hippest doll collectors on the net. These ladies are known for their Pullip reviews, which helped me make buying decisions for dolls when I was a novice. They have fun tutorials to help you make your own dolls, they share news about doll releases and sales, keep video journals, tour doll stores and of course showcase their dolly collection.

Klein
https://pullipsandjunk.com

Omocha Crush (Angie)
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCvwaXorGii56h32GnYDCiEQ

Scarlet B
https://m.youtube.com/user/rockerchick748

Last edited:
Years
hello!! i am interesting in joining if that's okay. i really love barbie dolls, even if i can't really collect them anymore since they're kind of expensive nowadays. i also love monster high dolls, lalaloopsy, and the shopkins human dolls! i can't really collect any of them (except maybe monster high and lalaloopsy since i think they have gone down in price) but.. i still love dolls!! i'd love love love to buy a doll house again someday.

Welcome Hoshiko!

Please come and join us! The more the merrier! Your love or Barbie, Shopkins, Monster High and Lalaloopsy all sound wonderful, and you have definitely gotten me into the excited mood. I have to control myself so that I don't run out and buy one of these. Definitely keep us posted about your dollhouse dreams.

We are glad to have you!

Back