• 7 replies
Age 25
Male
Azalea Town
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
36 posts
33 Days
Hi all. Long time Pokemon fan here. I've been into it since I was a kid, the first game I played was Blue version when I rented it from Blockbuster. The first game I actually owned was Silver, I still didn't know much so I played the entire game with my Typhlosion and a Dewgong, lol. I've played all the main games up until the 3DS-line came out. Sadly I've never had a 3DS until recently when I picked up a 2DS XL a few weeks ago. So now I'm back into the swing of things and happy to find an active Pokemon forum to be a part of. I beat Y about a week ago and am currently playing Omega Ruby, currently in Victory Road.

My current team in case anyone's interested:

Mightyena - Thunder Fang, Crunch, Dig, Howl
Camerupt - Earth Power, Lava Plume, Rock Slide, Nature Power
Skarmory - Swords Dance, Rock Slide, Fly, Steel Wing
Slaking - Giga Impact, Earthquake, Shadow Claw, Slack Off (Slakoth was such a pain to train, lol)
Milotic - Surf, Ice Beam, Recover, Toxic
Sceptile - Giga Drain, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Dragon, Nature Power

Random Trivia

Favourite Pokemon - Arcanine
Favourite Game - G/S/C, HG/SS
Played a little competitively in Gen V
Current games I own - Yellow, Fire Red, Pearl, Soul Silver, Black, White 2, Y, Omega Ruby
Games I have sadly lost/were stolen - Red, Gold, Silver, Emerald, Leaf Green, Platinum, HeartGold
I'll be picking up Ultra Sun/Moon and Crystal VC once I am finished Omega Ruby :)

Sorry for the long post, thanks for having me! Any questions don't hesitate.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Online now
Posted 11 Minutes Ago
8,316 posts
8.1 Years
Hey Jorvyn! Welcome to the community! :)

lol, I think everyone played their first game of Pokemon using mostly their starter exclusively. Especially when we were young and Pokemon had first come out. There wasn't even an internet to look at for information! Truth be told, I think the 3DS (and by extension, the 2DS) is one of Nintendo's greatest systems and even though the lifespan of it has run its course, I guarantee you'll find many hours of enjoyment out of it. :') Have you looked into getting a Switch for Sword & Shield as well?

Age 25
Male
Azalea Town
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
36 posts
33 Days
Cheers, appreciate the warm welcome!

It definitely took me a while to figure out all of the game mechanics as a kid, especially without internet, lol. Part of the fun was all of the discoveries made. Life was so much simpler back then!

I'm having a blast so far with the 2DS XL, I purchased a few other games as well; Zelda Ocarina of Time, Persona Q, Fire Emblem, etc. But mainly got it for Pokemon of course. I'll most definitely be picking up a Switch soon, the Lets Go games look pretty neat and to say I'm excited for Sword and Shield is an understatement! :)

Sheep

Female
Cape Town
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
26,175 posts
12.8 Years
I miss ORAS so much. Would love to replay now that you're talking about it, since it's been years and it'll forever be one of my favorite Pokémon games. Welcome Jorvyn!

Let's Go was fun but quite different if you're used to the battle wild mons mechanic. Still a very nice-looking game though. Sword & Shield are also bound to be very fun.

Anyways, see you around. :>

pair family mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
sheep x bobandbill 5ever
Age 25
Male
Azalea Town
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
36 posts
33 Days
Thanks for the welcoming, Sheep.

You should definitely replay ORAS again, it's quickly becoming one of my favourite games. Sadly I lost to Steven last night, so a bit of grinding is in order.

erik destler

and I - oop!

Age 27
Male
louisiana
Seen 51 Minutes Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
6,419 posts
14.1 Years
hey there!! welcome to pc!

I know it might sound weird, but I low key miss the days of being able to rent games from Blockbuster. It was always neat seeing how other people progressed on their games. of course, i'd always wind up restarting the file, but...yeah. HG/SS were awesome and are probably two of my favorites, too!

i'm really tempted to start playing omega ruby now lmao i never actually finished oof

Paired with Laslow and Cherrim

tokyodrift

Age 25
Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
3,706 posts
8.1 Years
Welcome Jorvyn! Ahhhhhhh G/S/C and the remakes HG/SS are great games! G/S/C especially Crystal are among my favorite. My favorite overall region happens to be Sinnoh though. I haven't played ORAS in what seems like years, I really should replay them at some point now that I have a bunch of free time. Have you though about trying out some sort of challenge after you've completed Omega Ruby?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Enjoy your stay!
Age 25
Male
Azalea Town
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
36 posts
33 Days
Appreciate the warm welcomings!

@erik Definitely nothing better than going to Blockbuster on a Friday night! & you should definitely play ORAS again. I just beat the Delta Episode and am now going to try and finish the Hoenn dex. I don't know if it's just nostalgia from playing Emerald so much as a kid but I really enjoyed ORAS, easy top five for me.

@tokyodrift I'd recommend playing ORAS again for sure! I actually just picked up a copy of HeartGold (spent a small fortune but it's worth it) so I'm thinking about maybe doing a mono-type run or something after seeing that thread here. I've never done any challenges so it should be interesting.
Advertiser Content