In OJ Land
Seen October 7th, 2019
Posted June 29th, 2019
3,801 posts
10.8 Years
Role PMs? Role PMs.

Spoiler:
You are Minun!
You are one of the Explorers. It's up to you to find the members of Team Rocket, stop them and safely reach your destination: the Sinjoh Ruins.

Current HP: 38/55

Attack:
Discharge: deals 6 damage.

Ability:
Minus: As long as the Plus ability is in the game, your attack power is doubled. Klippy is your counterpart, Plusle.

also hooray for being mentioned at the epilogue lol
_
Zhuang Zi
Crash Fever

Salzorrah

grassium Z

Age 22
Female
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted July 15th, 2019
Davepetasprite^2 (Clefable)'s Self-Destruct (through Metronome) did enough damage to have one-shot Ice Goddess during Day 10. He had only 10 HP left though.
:( what a waste

Salzorrah

grassium Z

Age 22
Female
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted July 15th, 2019
Davepetasprite^2 (Clefable)'s Self-Destruct (through Metronome) did enough damage to have one-shot Ice Goddess during Day 10. He had only 10 HP left though.
:( what a waste

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure

Male
Somewhere you couldn't possibly know.
Seen April 12th, 2019
Posted March 14th, 2019
2,490 posts
5.8 Years
I died way too early, and for the silliest reason. ;-; Also, I was "seen as Aqua"? xD

In any case, it seemed like a lot of fun and I'd love to see a sequel! xD

Thank you Lycan for the game!
Signature by Marmoset

Wicked3DS

Until the very end.

Age 28
Male
New Jersey
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted April 3rd, 2019
4,559 posts
6.2 Years
Role PMs, to prove that a silencer may not be mafia. You know what they say about assuming.

Spoiler:
You are Roselia!
You are one of the Explorers. It's up to you to find the members of Team Rocket, stop them and safely reach your destination: the Sinjoh Ruins.

Starting HP: 48

Attack:
Mega Drain: deals 8 damage and heals 4 damage from you if you hit.

Night Action:
Grasswhistle: Target a player each night, that player falls asleep. A sleeping player can't talk or attack during the following day.

You are Bronzong!
You are Bronzong, one of the members of Team Rocket. It's your goal to eliminate all other players.

Starting HP: 66/102

Attack:
Extrasensory: deals 5 damage.

Night Actions:
Block: target one player each night, that player's night actions are blocked that night.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
20,633 posts
7.6 Years
Silencer is a typical Mafia role. I think people could be forgiven for a bit of assumption
This is a fair point, although I've noticed that it's not entirely uncommon for there to be town-sided silencers or similar in our games on PC.

Nakuzami

Age 21
Female
The Forgotten Crossroads
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
6,885 posts
9.2 Years
Actually

Counting this one

There's only been two that I've seen, and one was openly announced in its game's OP. [redacted because, although what I said in this sentence was completely true and sensible, I realize that most people here can't handle such things <3]
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 22
Male
That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Seen October 8th, 2019
Posted October 8th, 2019
10,789 posts
5.9 Years
Actually, when I play Mafia with friends a town-sided silencer is one of the standard roles we put in almost every game. To me it's far from a typical mafia sided role (though it admittedly works better on the evil side).

TheCapsFan

Threat To Survival

Male
Hippy Hill
Seen July 28th, 2019
Posted August 8th, 2018
424 posts
8.1 Years
Town silencer is literally useless. :U It does nothing but help the mafia, I wouldn't see why you would include it except for balance reasons...

Spoiler:
You are Azelf!
You are one of the Lake Guardians trio, a group of Pokémon that has kept themselves hidden for long enough. You must prevent the other players reaching the Sinjoh Ruins and disturbing Father Arceus at all cost!

Starting HP: 90

Attack:
Extrasensory: deals 10 damage.

Special Attack:
(In order to use your special attack, attack with the "[SPECIAL ATTACK] Player" format instead of your regular attack.
Explosion: deals 60 damage. However, you faint instantly.

Role PM. Something worth noting is that Wiicked and I had the same attack, Extrasensory, but his did 5 DMG and mine did 10 DMG.
TheCapsFan is dead. He was the Bomb.

"Kill me! I dare you."

#ONEderground
The Underground's 1st Anniversary Collab

twr ug credit tpps

TheCapsFan

Threat To Survival

Male
Hippy Hill
Seen July 28th, 2019
Posted August 8th, 2018
424 posts
8.1 Years
Town silencer is literally useless. :U It does nothing but help the mafia, I wouldn't see why you would include it except for balance reasons...

Spoiler:
You are Azelf!
You are one of the Lake Guardians trio, a group of Pokémon that has kept themselves hidden for long enough. You must prevent the other players reaching the Sinjoh Ruins and disturbing Father Arceus at all cost!

Starting HP: 90

Attack:
Extrasensory: deals 10 damage.

Special Attack:
(In order to use your special attack, attack with the "[SPECIAL ATTACK] Player" format instead of your regular attack.
Explosion: deals 60 damage. However, you faint instantly.

Role PM. Something worth noting is that Wiicked and I had the same attack, Extrasensory, but his did 5 DMG and mine did 10 DMG.
TheCapsFan is dead. He was the Bomb.

"Kill me! I dare you."

#ONEderground
The Underground's 1st Anniversary Collab

twr ug credit tpps

Wicked3DS

Until the very end.

Age 28
Male
New Jersey
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted April 3rd, 2019
4,559 posts
6.2 Years
Silencer is a typical Mafia role. I think people could be forgiven for a bit of assumption
If most of PC mafia players are going to assume this way, then GMs are going to get innos killed every time they get forced into and RR, like what happened this game, which isn't exactly cool in my book.

Nakuzami

Age 21
Female
The Forgotten Crossroads
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
6,885 posts
9.2 Years
Except

In most cases the role would be stated in the OP. Like in Gotham. So it's no longer a question to be posed.

Because, in the end, the Silencer is, essentially, an official mafia role, and it's still a better lead than "lol guys, let's rng this **** amirite," even if that might be your preferred approach.
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn

Wicked3DS

Until the very end.

Age 28
Male
New Jersey
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted April 3rd, 2019
4,559 posts
6.2 Years
This is Mafia. I don't know why you're expecting "I'm inno" to work 120%. To be blunt. You weren't cleared, you weren't exactly trustworthy, so it needs to be let go instead of using it as an excuse to pin people as bad players.
I'm not saying that, I'm saying it shouldn't automatically be "you have this ability you must be mafia."

Nakuzami

Age 21
Female
The Forgotten Crossroads
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
6,885 posts
9.2 Years
So, what do you think should have happened instead, then?
~Neil Hilborn

Wicked3DS

Until the very end.

Age 28
Male
New Jersey
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted April 3rd, 2019
4,559 posts
6.2 Years
So, what do you think should have happened instead, then?
Either don't lynch someone based on ability alone, or if that's going to be the case, then GMs shouldn't put it in the game unless it's disclosed before it starts so that it doesn't get people killed. No hard feelings to Lycan since he said an innovative silencer is common in games he plays, but it is the truth is PC players are going to automatically lynch silencers.

Nakuzami

Age 21
Female
The Forgotten Crossroads
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
6,885 posts
9.2 Years
A huge part of mafia is being able to lie and/or talk your way out of situations, so if anything, a gm should put people into such situations more. Not in the sense that everyone is going to get killed senselessly for not being able to avoid obvious "tells," but that they are going to inevitably have to reason their way through the game.

And when people perform such a lynch, it's typically because such information is their only lead, so the alternative is to lynch at random, which is never a good idea. So, unless you, as the person playing the victim in that situation, can provide a reason as to why you shouldn't be lynched or someone else who would be a better target . . . well then, you aren't doing your job as a mafia player, and thus getting lynched is an inevitability.
~Neil Hilborn

Advertiser Content