• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first RP

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
What was the first RP you joined? How was the experience? If a similar premise were to pop up now, would you join?

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Loved Gunpowder.
Still love Gunpowder.
Will always love Gunpowder.
I would recommend it to anyone, if I'm honest it's still quite young, but I don't see myself losing interest any time soon.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Like many other RPers, my first RP was PTA. It was a lot more active and still enormous and I loved that setting. I sort of drifted away from it after a while though, after I joined a few other RPs.

Etherion

My first ever RP is the Hoenn Grand Festival ^^ It holds a special place in my heart

Years
My first RP was Pokemon Survival Challenge (not my second attempt, the first one) which is also the first RP I GM'd. I think it did alright all things considered, it did die much sooner than I'd have liked but it was a good experience and I had fun with the interactions I was part of.

I make much better RPs now thankfully though haha

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
My first was PTA. Like Foxrally said, it was friggin' huge. I met a crap ton of new people there, but they all disappeared after a while, so I got frustrated and went to other role plays to make some lasting friends.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
My first rp was/is Gunpowder. It's still going, and I still nag Fox all the time about it so apparently I like it I or something. I don't know if I'd be interested in something similar though. It's one of those things that's like, a quota or something. You can only do so many western RPs, only so many zombie apocalypse RPs, only so many pokemon RPs and only so many giant fighting robot RPs before it just gets eh.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
War Between Pokemon and Humans. Fun times... If only it would sequel successfully.

Also the only RP I've been in that's finished.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
My first RP was one on an entirely different site (The now dead PokeBattleCenter) called Tales of Unova. It was practically the only RP on the forum. And we were small. Very small. I think there was about 5 of us. But it was great. We had a Skype chat which we talked on daily while writing our posts, and all became very solid friends for quite a while. It lasted around 2 years, but died when one of PokeBattleCenter's admins deleted the entire site.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
My first rp I wish to burn it at the stake. Not because of It but because of me. My writing ability was absolutely horrendous.
It's closed so Link

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
The first experience I can remember with the corner was in 2008, with Pokemon: Team Rocket Returns. That should take you the the OOC Thread ... I was playing Joey Dee, the nerd with the Chikorita.

If you'd like to peruse through my first official IC Posts: [ First Chapter ] [ Second Chapter ]

That was definitely my first time actually roleplaying ... although, that wasn't the first time I signed up for one. I did some research, and apparently, I signed up for The Warriors/Wizards Academy back in 2006 with this lovely SU: [ Flake, the "Blazeing Inferno" ] Sadly, the RP had died long before I came.

Well, technically, my first roleplays were back when the Art forum was more than just a graveyard for sprite comics. Back in the years surrounding 2005, PokeCommunity was a cultural hub for them. We had a type of comic called PokeCommunity Comics, which as you might be able to guess were comics that members other than the creator could submit personas that would join and participate in the plot. Most often these characters would exist on the website itself ... like, everything took place on the top banner. It's weird to explain, now that I think of it.

Although, I hesitate to dub these actual roleplays, since you didn't have a say on what your character did or said. But the roleplay section here was only really just budding into the thing it is today, so it was more popular to head over the sprite comics section (wait ... yes, I do believe they had their own section at one point since there was so many of them) and submit your characters there.

If you want a horrific example, here was mine: Click here, silly. Although most of the image links are broken now, it still gives you a pretty good impression of how one presented itself and how you joined. I'm a little lost of find the one that spanned over hundreds of comics that I was able to join, and the more I look for it the more I feel like I'm drinking arsenic as I view my ten-year-old-self's hideous misuse of the English language. So, I'll keep you guys posted if I find it, if any of you ... care? I mean, if not, at least you just got a free PC history lesson! :D​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm not sure what my first RP was. It might have been A New Professor in Town, a trainer RP that was set in Hoenn at the time. In 2010. I played some girl running away from home iirc.

Years
For me, it was back in about 2004 or 2005. It was a Mobile Suit Gundam RP called Mobile Suit Gundam: The One Year War(real original, I know) on an invisionfree forum. It was a small RP that was advertised on the Mecha and Anime HQ forum. Never RPed before then, was only14, and had the same terrible typing habit all teens had during AIM's heyday of typing like a moron.

I will say that constantly pushing myself to break the leet-speak actually helped in writing for high school because the more legible you are, the more your fellow RPers can react with your character. Another cool side effect to RPing that I found was that the more characters I had control of (at one point I had three main characters, control of six faction specific characters, and was the one in charge of entire fleets of mook giant robots and battle cruisers) the easier writing essays became since one post would be about a page long...especially during battles.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
My first Roleplay ever I can't remember, it was years ago and probably on some site that's shut down now.

However, my first Roleplay on here, PC, is Darker than it seems and I'm enjoying it so far. :)

Years
I used to roleplay on this site years ago on a different name, and my first roleplay was the original Pokemon Odyssey. It was a blast getting into this kind of roleplaying, I've always loved writing. But yeah, I look back at that and think, "Wow, I was actually terrible at this. I wrote like that?" I hope I have improved at least somewhat.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I think that Legendary Rebels was my first RP here on the site, and boy would I rejoin it now if it would have a reboot. It's in the Hall of Fame! I may have posted once or twice before time constraints and other commitments made me withdraw.

TravelerTrainer15

My first RP was on Miiverse. Can't remember anything else.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I can't remember the name of my first RP, but it didn't last very long. It was called Tainted Water or something. I really like the concept of, but it just never made it out of the first week or two.

It was the return of Team Rocket with Silver leading it or something. Suicune had disappeared and all wild pokemon had because extremely aggressive toward humans and other pokemon. Team Rocket had tainted the water and captured Suicune.

Back