• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Solstice: (WIP)

Years
sg4Pxyk.png

Hello Everyone! Welcome to a project I've been working on for the past 8-9 years initially as just a dream but ever since I had obtained RPGMaker, it's become a reality! Journey to the Alvion region where you will find new Pokémon, Adventures, and Rivals!

Unlike most games, Pokémon Solstice plans to feature a dynamic storyline that the players choices determine actions of other individuals and even optional rivals!

Story:
You are Marty/Matilda, a 17 year old boy/girl ready to start their own journey in the Alvion Region, a technologically advanced region with a rich and deep history to the north west of Kalos and is otherwise isolated from the rest of the world in the extent of strict Pokémon migration policies to protect the natural wildlife.

As Marty/Matilda your goal is to take on the Pokémon League Challenge, which has developed a little differently in Alvion compared to elsewhere, however it becomes quickly apparent this seemingly utopia of a region isn't exactly as safe as it seems...

(Note: this is a very early alpha and many things are planned to be improved/changed)

Regional map(only what's available in the demo):
Spoiler:

Marty/Matilda:
Spoiler:

Your first Partner:
Spoiler:

Planned features soon to come:
○ The ability to choose ethnicity
○ Multiplayer battling/ Trading
○ Customizable clothing options
○ Improved quality of sprites/Icons/cries
○ A broader dynamic storyline with more apparent story changes.

Please note that this project is primarily worked on by two people with little free time between school/work/personal life so we unfortunately will not be able to crank out a release every month, however we will be diligent to this project! Any Criticism, Opinions, Thoughts, and Suggestions are openly welcome!

Credits are in a text file in the Zip file, Big massive thanks to each and everyone who's part of this, this couldn't have been done without you all.

The Game:

We now have an official discord server!
https://discord.gg/NRShh9y

Extra note: Please do not use anything in this game that is original to this game without my permission, this is like a child to me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 26, 2019
first of all i want to say thank you for making this game.
i would like to say that after playing the demo for about an hour that this game is really fun and that i can't wait to see how this game will look like when is finish. also that this demo is surprisingly hard is not often that u end up losing in the begging of most Pokemon games
i got wreck in the bug forest(i do not remember the name) that last bug catcher wreck me. and the first gym is hard even if u choose the fire starter. i ended up losing twice thanks to her rosarade and the healing from the rain. i still haven't beaten her but so far my experience with the game has been fun.
ty again for making this game

sorry about my English is not my first language

Years
Thank you for your input :D
The Gym leaders are intentionally supposed to be significantly harder in this game given their title, and believe it or not, the last trainer in Notgrove was initially much harder, I may need to redo that last one in a future release!

Years
This game sounds really interesting :) i will play it for sure and I hope that you will continue this project in the future! It's not easy to work on a game development for all those years without a big team behind ;) Keep going!

Last edited:
Years
Version Number 0.1.4 has gone up and hopefully this will be our last bugfix version before our next larger release!
? Black Knight Bug was fixed
? New Trainers can now see the starters before selection
? Pasiphae City Apartment Teleportation glitch fixed
? Sweet Scent Bug Fixed
? Alice and Bob(?) now have actual Pok?mon instead of just level 10 bulbasaurs
? Fixed Level Scaling
? Some Typos and Grammar issues fixed
? Some Pok?mon altitudes readjusted to be grounded
? Amalthea City now sells previously missing items
? Sneaky oversight found where players could obtain some goodies before they were supposed to fixed

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 15, 2023
Always a fan of fangames with fakemon. Will definitely keep an eye on this.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
i countered a bug after i chosen my starter the profesor saying to me to not get out yet its very weird do i need something after choosing the starter if not you should fix this bug or i will be stuck at the lab

Years
Reviving a very old topic here, however:
Hey everyone! I would like to let you all know that development of the game is still in the works! We've decided to completely overhaul the maps and give it a much better and professional feel to the game as we were not happy with the original design, on top of that, a better story is in the works with a much more balanced gameplay.

Years
Reviving a very old topic here, however:
Hey everyone! I would like to let you all know that development of the game is still in the works! We've decided to completely overhaul the maps and give it a much better and professional feel to the game as we were not happy with the original design, on top of that, a better story is in the works with a much more balanced gameplay.

Keep the game difficult.

MavenTrainer

PokeTuber
Years
Hey there! Im making a playthrough on your Alpha. So far Im really liking the personality to the game and the fakemon :D I chose Aqguana as my starter ;D

Last edited:
Years
Hey! Thanks for doing a playthrough of Solstice! I watched through your playthrough and I will say, a LOT have things have been altered, including the first gym battle. Sorry I haven't responded to this thread, We've been working hard on the upgrades of the game and I kinda lost track of this thread.

Last edited:
Years
Hey everyone! Want to apologize for both being absent and also resurrecting a long dead forum post, but! Things are back in full steam with a complete overhaul of the game - we are currently hosting a vote to choose a new Pokémon to be in game! If you're interested in helping out, check out our discord to cast said vote! https://discord.gg/NRShh9y

Back