• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A team with Luxray

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
I want to build a team for UU with Luxray in it. I like to start off with a bulky Pokémon that can take a hit and either set rocks/spikes or toxic/paralyze. I don't really like using squishy mons because I don't use them correctly.

I have most of a Luxray set done. It's not exactly, normal.

Luxray @ Power Orb
Lvl 100 - M
- Thunder Fang
- Charge
- Crunch
- Ice Fang/HP Ice

I'm thinking of putting EVs into Atk and Def and the remander in Sp. Def. I don't think contributing to Speed would help. It would still be outsped by its threats.

What should I do with this set (I would prefer to keep charge even though it isn't the best move to have). Any mons you would suggest for the team?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The Luxray set you posted isn't ideal because Thunder Fang is a weak attack, while Charge only gives a 1 time boost to the next Electric attack you use. Your EV spread is also very inefficient, as maxing out HP first gives Luxray better overall bulk. Putting this out there, but there are other bulky Electric Pokemon better than Luxray, as its bulk is rather average and it doesn't have much to set itself apart from UU Electric Pokemon like the Rotom formes, Magneton, or even Mega Ampharos, which have better utility and bulk. It also faces stiff competition from other offensive Electric Pokemon like Mega Manectric and Raikou, which have the Speed to help land hits in. That being said, Luxray is better played as a wallbreaker with Choice Band or Guts + Flame Orb:
-Wild Charge
-Ice Fang
-Superpower
-Volt Switch
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Choice Band/Flame Orb
Ability: Intimidate/Guts

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Why Charge?

But as for teammates, Gliscor sounds like it might be the sort of thing you're looking for, since it has Poison Heal+Roost+Stealth Rock. It's immune to the Ground attacks Luxray doesn't want to eat, while Luxray checks some of the stuff that packs Water and/or Ice attacks that Gliscor is scared of. Could even form a little Volt-Turn pair with them.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Why Charge?

But as for teammates, Gliscor sounds like it might be the sort of thing you're looking for, since it has Poison Heal+Roost+Stealth Rock. It's immune to the Ground attacks Luxray doesn't want to eat, while Luxray checks some of the stuff that packs Water and/or Ice attacks that Gliscor is scared of. Could even form a little Volt-Turn pair with them.

Honest answer? No idea. That's a good idea! How's this set?

Gliscor @ Toxic Sludge
Lvl 100 M
Ability - Poison Heal
- Roost
- Stealth Rocks
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
Max HP EV and max Sp. Def EV (or should I do ATK?).

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Honest answer? No idea. That's a good idea! How's this set?

Gliscor @ Toxic Sludge
Lvl 100 M
Ability - Poison Heal
- Roost
- Stealth Rocks
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
Max HP EV and max Sp. Def EV (or should I do ATK?).
Moveset seems fine to me. The EVs are something you can play around with some to find what works well for you, it doesn't necessarily have to be two stats maxed out. Probably want some speed investment though, Gliscor's speed stat isn't bad. Toxic Orb is the item you want though.

And if you don't have any idea why you're using Charge, you may want to use another move until you can find a reason to use it.

Back