• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
If you ran it AT ALL in vba, there's a save file. It's either .sav or .sa1. Delete it and try again. If that fails, try another rom, I guess?

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2014
If you ran it AT ALL in vba, there's a save file. It's either .sav or .sa1. Delete it and try again. If that fails, try another rom, I guess?

ok i ran it for the first time it didn't work... deleted the sav file ran it again... doesn't work either...

guess i've gonna have to try another rom... although i tried the one you proposed in your post...

thx for your help gonna try it later again! g2g now!

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
Alright! After a little over three weeks of hard work, I've completely translated Light Platinum into English, and fixed many of the bugs that I encountered.

This will only work if patched to a Ruby 1.0 ROM.

The patch is too large to upload as an attachment, so I've Sendspaced it.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u6wuqw

If you get a white screen, you are using the wrong rom, or your emulator is not correctly set. Turn VBA off, delete the Light Platinum.sa1 or .sav file, turn VBA back on, go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128k, turn VBA off again, then turn it back on and load the rom once more. If that doesn't work, you are not using a Ruby 1.0 Rom. When looking for it, googling '0907 Ruby 1.0 (U)' might help. I found one on 4shared.

I will not answer any questions about how to make this work on a phone, on a PSP, or on anything that isn't Visual Boy Advance!

Changes:
- All text has been translated to English.
- All Unova Pokemon have been given their English names.
- Feebas now evolves by Water Stone.
- Many, many scripting bugs have been fixed, but please let me know if any remain.
- Trainers whose Pokémon used strange attacks should be fixed.
- Some place names have been changed to better fit English. Very slightly, in most cases. I don't remember all of them, but it's things like Winder -> Winter and Dragonbreath -> Drakebreath.
- Also, Shaymin is in the game in Inhore Woods. I didn't add it, but Wesley didn't mention it on his site.
- The following important trainer names have been changed (I may have forgotten some, I wasn't keeping a list):
Sheyla -> Sheila
Katyne -> Kaitlyn
Persie -> Percy
Atlur -> Atlas
Rukia -> Lucia
Kaohri -> Kaori
Perla -> Pearl
Roarka -> Rochelle
Rebeca -> Rebecca
Lumy -> Lucy
Lure -> Luke
Kilua -> Kilroy
Kuchick -> Robin (...Don't even ask. It was a whole thing.)
Wyse -> Weiss
Honeyu -> Honey
Aurane -> Rayne
Byake -> Blake
Shinora -> Cynthia
Blane -> Blair

Bugs:
- Don't enter the Normal Rank Contest.
- You may need to enter and exit the Pokémon Center after Red's Gyarados uses Rain Dance in Esmerald City.
- Some items may respawn.
- Pokedex entries and cries have not been changed.

Thanks to (in no particular order)...
- Wesley FG, who made this hack and deserves far, far more credit than I do.
- Me!
- Spherical Ice
- DrFuji
- colcolstyles
- Quilava's Master
- Smallbirdie
- U_Flame
- Tcoppy
- Ash493
- dblanchette93, for sanity maintenance.
- Darthatron, HackMew, Lu-Ho, and anyone else who made tools I used.
- Anyone else who I've forgotten...

ENJOY! :D

P.S.: Most of Lauren has not been beta-tested. If I need to, I'll release a fixed version, if any gamebreaking errors remain.
P.P.S.: I'd have had this out over an hour ago, but we had a blackout. XD
P.P.P.S.: Yellow Town does not have a healing script. I was going to add one, but forgot. If I need to release a bugfixed update, this will be included.
Finally!!! I've waited for ages :D

Years
Progress update:

Played up to the seventh badge and is currently at Team Steam's Hideout. There is a Scientist Krater at Serenity Power Plant with a Level 22 Baltoy, and in Route 415 there is a Lass Camila with a Lv. 18 Scraggy, Boarder Roberto with Lv. 28 Scraggy, Skier Carmem with Lv. 31 Scraggy, Lady Leslye with Lv. 38 Scraggy, and a Boarder Pedro with a Lv. 37 Scrafty, o_O It's like the Cool Trainer with a Lv. 28 Sandslash. I plan on going to the Zhery Pokemon League next time I play since I do want to play more.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
finally got it to start working on my phone after a while so now i can say thank you snakebyte for translating the game

Also I didnt get any portugese in my beggining

Last edited:

Johnster

Losing is not an option
Years
The game seem to be working perfectly fine to me.

I've only played the game for like 10mins and my Charmander is already level 15 xD
I love how the Poke'center looks like. It's so much bigger than the old one. Thanks for translating this Snakebyte!

Edit: Somethings that I found:
I haven't gotten the Poke'dex yet but when I go into Safari Zone I have a Poke'dex oh and sometimes when you're using Thief to get the berries the Pokemon turns into a egg.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
How to continue in rycian city?
I talked to the gym leader and she asked me for help but as the language is portuguise (dunno if i spelled it right) i have no idea what to do.
Can somebody help me please? :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
Sorry if this have been mentioned before but how do you evolve those pokemon that evolves by trade such as kadabra? If the only way is to trade from the NPC in the game then it will be redundant for me to train my Kadabra.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
in enermy town my screen turns black when that dude comes out that cave & wanna battle this also happens with some other trainers, is it me or the game it self ?

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
For all ppl who experience white screen:
-download program called gbata
-launch it and use sram patcher to patch your rom
-white screen gone

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Sorry if this have been mentioned before but how do you evolve those pokemon that evolves by trade such as kadabra? If the only way is to trade from the NPC in the game then it will be redundant for me to train my Kadabra.

I think it's not possible to evolve pokemons which only evolve by trading except for the ones you get from npc's. Forget about kadabra and get like haunter which evolves to phanton.

in enermy town my screen turns black when that dude comes out that cave & wanna battle this also happens with some other trainers, is it me or the game it self ?

Just you.

My question:
I talked to the gym leader and she asked me for help but as the language is portuguise (dunno if i spelled it right) i have no idea what to do.
Can somebody help me please?

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
I think it's not possible to evolve pokemons which only evolve by trading except for the ones you get from npc's. Forget about kadabra and get like haunter which evolves to phanton.

Just you.

My question:
Can somebody help me please?

I don't get what you have said.

I have not reached that far yet to answer your question. Sorry.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Sorry i'm german and didn't knew the correct names of the pokemons.

You have to give a kirlia to someone in dardusk city to get a gengar (it's named phanton ingame so i got confused lol)

Last edited:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
I've noticed one major problem with this hack, and that is that the Gym Leaders, Rivals, Elite Four, and Champions all have the regular battle theme, with the regular victory theme, as opposed to the themes that those special trainers normally have. And when you get a Gym Badge, you hear the regular item obtained theme as opposed to the Gym Badge obtained theme, can you please fix these music errors? Thank you

Years
Happened to me too! If you wait a few 10-20 seconds the black screen should disappear. I think its because of the ROM you patched or you may have messed it up yourselve.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
How to get to fight the gym leader in rycian city?
Edit: Nvm. You have to find 3 pokemons and talk to them to get them back in the zoo.

Back