• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 6 Pokemon + Mega Evolution for Essentials v17

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
Hey there,

with the new Pokemon Essentials v17, the format of the pokemon.txt was changed a bit. Now there's an extra line for the Pokemon shape. Since the Essentials file only includes up to Gen 5 Pokemon, I updated it for Gen 6 Pokemon. It's based on the work of Pokemon Trainer Jackey (found here https://board.romhackersworld.eu/th...ns-rufe-normal-and-animated-sprites-mega-evo/).

Also I added all Mega Evolution in the pokemonform.txt file (up to gen 6)!

You can download the pokemon.txt here.
And pokemonforms.txt here

Just replace them with the old ones. These files are only meant for Essentials v17!

Please give credits!

*Update*
- fixed typing of pre-gen 6 fairy types (Clefable, etc.)
- fixed spelling of Smellingsalts

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2018
Wish I had seen this like 5 hours ago lol... spent an hour editing gens 6 and 7. Still not finished as several have inaccurate shapes but they have place holders to allow the game to run atm.

Arkadious

Developer of Fragmentum
Years
Just a quick FYI, if you don't use any of the Gen 6 Project PBS files before using these, you'll get an error while compiling as the internal name of the move Smelling Salts is labeled as SMELLINGSALT (not SMELLINGSALTS as it is by default), in all instances where a Pokemon would learn the move in the PBS moves file. This is because I assume that the Gen 6 Project files were used as a base.

Last edited:

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
Just a quick FYI, if you don't use any of the Gen 6 Project PBS files before using these, you'll get an error while compiling as the internal name of the move Smelling Salts is labeled as SMELLINGSALT (not SMELLINGSALTS as it is by default), in all instances where a Pokemon would learn the move in the PBS moves file. This is because I assume that the Gen 6 Project files were used as a base.

It's true but super easy to fix.

If you encounter this problem, open the pokemon.txt file in the regular editor and use the find and replace tool to fix it. It doesn't even take 5 minutes. I think there are some more moves that could cause this error, so maybe overall it's a matter of 5 minutes of work.

Arkadious

Developer of Fragmentum
Years
It's true but super easy to fix.

If you encounter this problem, open the pokemon.txt file in the regular editor and use the find and replace tool to fix it. It doesn't even take 5 minutes. I think there are some more moves that could cause this error, so maybe overall it's a matter of 5 minutes of work.

That is certainly true yes. I corrected it for myself pretty soon after I downloaded it. :)

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
Dose it really affect anything if you put random numbers because im using gen 7 and have fakmon in my game who dont use the shape?

It doesn't really matter which number you put in for your fakemon. I'd suggest to just put in the same number for all fakemons

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
If I may butt in, this resource I've just made automatically appends the correct shapes to your PBS file (if the Shape field is empty)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Minor nitpick, but Mega Gyarados and Gardevoir's form names are randomly capitalized (like mega GYARADOS) vs all the others that are spelt normally.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
just a small issue and this also happens in non modded v17.2 when capturing pokemon Genesect, kelado but when i try and capture deerling i get the following error
Spoiler:

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 11, 2022
have u done gen 7 yet i have them in a pbs file but i just need to add the new edits for it to work in 17 but i dont know what to do can i send u the file to fix and upload for everyone

Back