• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Emerald 650

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Pokémon Emerald 650 Resource Patch

This is a patch for an English Emerald ROM, made by LCCoolJ95

What exactly is it?

Pokémon Emerald 650 is a patch of Emerald that I have been working on for almost a year now, and I finally say that it is ready for a release! As the name implies, this is a patch with over 600+ Pokémon in it from the first 5 generations, and Sylveon, because it is a cross-gen evolutions. The reason there is no 6th generation is because there is a lack of sprites for them, and it will be quite a while before they are made. This is a resource patch, meaning that the main storyline has not been changed. It's just...everything else. This is meant to be the base for someone to make their own patch. Look below for the features in this hack.

Features:

• 650 Pokémon, along with stats, evolutions, movesets, Dex entries, sprites (Updated for Gen 1-3 as well), and cries
  • Fairy-type is its own type, included on the old and new Pokémon, old and new moves, and in the Pokédex
  • Evolutions has been expanded to 8 per Pokémon, for Eevee specifically
  • 4 Evolutionary items have been added, specifically the Dawn Stone, Dusk Stone, and Shiny Stone from Gen IV, and the Link Cable from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
  • New Evolution Methods have been added, like Map Name Evolution, Move Name Evolution, etc.
  • All Pokémon that evolve through trade do not anymore
  • 100+ new moves, along with some new move animations, new descriptions and move effects
  • Old moves have been updated, some with edited powers, accuracy, and/or effects
  • Reusable TMs, so no worrying about losing any
  • Eggs now hatch at Level 1
  • You can run in buildings
  • This patch is decapped, meaning the game doesn't CAP everything
  • When you capture a Pokémon, it will give you EXP for it

Media:
Spoiler:

Credits:
-SBird: Figuring out how to expand Emerald's Pokédex
-Chaos Rush: His Expanding English Emerald's Pokédex Tutorial and his DS-Styled Sprites
-mamamama: His Emerald ROMBase, which helped immensely as a starter base for this patch
-Serebii & Bulbapedia: For stats and data for the new Pokémon, and Updated Stats of the old ones
-karatekid552: Gen 3 Hacking Suite and Tutorial on how to make new evolutionary items
-Kurapika: Gen 3 Tools
-itari: Reusable TMs
-Lu-Ho: Advance Map v1.92
-Gamer2020: Pokemon Game Editor

If there's anyone I forgot, please let me know!

Bugs/Glitches/Small Notes:
-On hardware, like DroidEmu or gba4ios, if you go over the Shiny Stone, the game will crash. But on a VBA, it works just fine.
-Move Tutor compatibility and eggs moves were not edited
-There are only abilities from Gen 3 in this, since I still can't figure out how to add new ones, so new Pokémon with new abilities will have different ones (Reshiram having Flash Fire, Rampardos having Rock Head, etc.)
-Some moves don't have the proper animations (i.e. Spacial Rend, Fusion Flare), and some don't have proper effects
-If your Pokémon gains a level through experience by catching a Pokémon you've never caught before, when you go to the Pokédex entry screen, it will glitch up. It won't freeze the game, it will be fine if you hit A or B after it.

If there is any more problems, please note below and I'll look into it!

Download:
[LINK REDACTED]

Download includes:

• Emerald 650 Patch
  • Resource Tools in order to edit the patch (G3HS, A-Map, PGE, and NUPS Patcher)
  • Offsets in Word Documents and Notepad files to what I repointed everything to
Just to let you know, you ARE allowed to use this patch. Just make sure to credit me for it. So, with that, ENJOY! :)

Also, here's the .ini for a program called Unnamed Trainer Editor. I didn't put it in the download because I never use it because the last time I did, it broke the game, so...yeah, if you want it, here it is:
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Sweet you released it. Honestly I'm really tempted to restart my hack, jut to use this patch for all the moves and effort you put into it. Good job.{:3}

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
Years
The only thing I found weird is there's a Deoxys with the name Deoxys but also a "Deoxys" with the name XXXXXXXXXXX and no moves. What's up with that one?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Don't forget to credit SBird for the expansion too, I'm not the one who figured it out.
Added to the credits :)

The only thing I found weird is there's a Deoxys with the name Deoxys but also a "Deoxys" with the name XXXXXXXXXXX and no moves. What's up with that one?

That's the Speed Forme Deoxys that's now just garbage. The Deoxys right before Turtwig, that's the real Deoxys.

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
Years
Added to the credits :)

That's the Speed Forme Deoxys that's now just garbage. The Deoxys right before Turtwig, that's the real Deoxys.
But the real Deoxys still is speed right? And there's no way to make it change depending on a certain item at the moment? Is it possible for you to add a way (for example certain items make Deoxys change form) or would it be too hard? I guess the second but just asking.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
But the real Deoxys still is speed right? And there's no way to make it change depending on a certain item at the moment? Is it possible for you to add a way (for example certain items make Deoxys change form) or would it be too hard? I guess the second but just asking.
Nope, it is in Normal Form. But, there is a way to change the forms, but the process is really crazy, like very hard to understand, and I didn't want to break the game with something I have no clue how to do, you know?

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
Years
Nope, it is in Normal Form. But, there is a way to change the forms, but the process is really crazy, like very hard to understand, and I didn't want to break the game with something I have no clue how to do, you know?
Hmm okay, that's pretty sad to be honest (no offense) because it'd be a great addition. Nevertheless this is a great rom base and I thank you a million time for this.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Hi !
That's a great base we have here :) thank's for your awesome work
But I'm coming with bad news, sorry ^^
Night Daze freezes the game, I don't know if it's the animation or the effect

Oh and for deoxys, until the moment when you'll be able to do a proper changing form, you can make it evolve with moon stone or whatever. I mean moonstone + deo S = deox A, moonstone + deox A = deox D, moonstone + deox D = deox normal, deox normal + moonstone = deox S. Or something like this. It's not perfect but it keeps EV, IV, attacks, etc ^^

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years

hey if you want, i can help you with the other deoxys forms, i got a fully functioning one in my elegantemerald hack, just pm me if needed :)

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
hey if you want, i can help you with the other deoxys forms, i got a fully functioning one in my elegantemerald hack, just pm me if needed :)
Well, you can do it yourself for your own game :)

Hi !
That's a great base we have here
1.%20smile.gif
thank's for your awesome work
But I'm coming with bad news, sorry
20.%20boogie.gif

Night Daze freezes the game, I don't know if it's the animation or the effect
Thank you for letting me know!

UPDATE 4/2/15 5:58 PM EST: Dark Pulse and Night Daze are fixed and have better animations :)
Also, psst! If you want to go ahead and add the Pokémon to the wild, I have some...ideas ;)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Is it already done ? Have you implement all the wild/legendary ? Are we able to catch them without add them ourselves ?

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2016
I absolutely cannot wait until people start making ROM hacks using this as a base; you are an amazing individual for doing all of this! Hopefully this will help further the quality in ROM hacks~

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
  • Seen today
There's a small glitch that when you capture the wild pokemon, some of their pokedex data is messed up. Other things are great indeed.
Emerald%20650_zpsgucpmfsn.png

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
There's a small glitch that when you capture the wild pokemon, some of their pokedex data is messed up. Other things are great indeed.
Emerald%20650_zpsgucpmfsn.png
Eh, it's just with the Capture EXP when a Pokémon levels up from the EXP from a Pokémon capture. That's been known for a while, and I don't think there's a fix for it yet. But, there's no glitching with the Pokédex itself, just that one part

Years
Cool patch! I am working on an emerald hack, and might use this! But do you plan on adding gen 6 pokemon when there are sprites for them?

Years
Awesome! I remember you making a thread about problem with evolution. You also posted your rom then. I kept it ever since lol. So, did you fix this bug with evolution? If so, how?
Also, I've been making such rom with ~ 700 pokemon in it and God...It's been one of the most time-consuming and boring things I've ever done...And yet, you made it. You spared us all much, much time.

Back